PDA

View Full Version : $$$ Housing Costs $$$

06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I looked at a brand new 2000 square foot house with a one car garage in Vamo and the asking price is $351,000. It's next to a dumpy Florida cracker house that is falling apart and looks like it was built around 1920. The rest of the neighborhood is pretty crappy too. $351,000??? :roll:

Next I looked at another brand new house off of Sawyer Road that is 1200 square feet with a 2 car garage with a starting price of $398,000. :roll: Almost a half million for a 1200 square foot house in a dumpy neighborhood??? :roll:

And they wonder why houses aren't selling anymore!!!! :roll:

06-18-2006, 01:05 AM
well i am having a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2 car garage over 1700 ft house built with a big back yard for $200,000. the house is being built in north port. the area is growing fast it has a home depo and walmart now and many new resturants and bars. i also hear they are planning on builting another high school. i only wish i built in north port 3 to 4 years ago prices are going up fast. :shock:

06-18-2006, 02:28 AM
What builder did you go with? And in what area? 200,000 sounds like a steal,,there not making it out of mud are they??

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
06-18-2006, 03:48 AM
Wait til you see how much the insurance and taxes skyrocket every year.....

06-18-2006, 10:20 AM
If I want to build a house in North Port, can you recommend a builder and a specific area ----- or a point-of-contact to start the process?????

I'm priced out of the Sarasota market, but if I can afford North Port, then I need to know where to start looking.

06-18-2006, 12:54 PM
the area's by sumter and toledo either north of i75 or just south of i75 great area's. us homes is good and who i am using.

06-18-2006, 02:11 PM
the area's by sumter and toledo either north of i75 or just south of i75 great area's. us homes is good and who i am using.Thanks... can u pls post the # of your realtor or builder or whoever ur going through?

06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Here's my dream home:

1) About 1200 to 1500 square feet

2) 3 car garage

3) pool

4) buy about 4 surrounding lots around the house

06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
That whole town is going to be a dump. Where else is all of the trash going to move to when they are priced out of Sarasota and Venice? I would advise you to do what ever you can to stay away from there.

06-22-2006, 01:47 PM
That whole town (North Port) is going to be a dump. Where else is all of the trash going to move to when they are priced out of Sarasota and Venice? I would advise you to do what ever you can to stay away from there.That might be true, but do we really have a choice in the matter??? North Port prices keep climbing too, so if we wait, like we did in Sarasota, then we will be priced out of the North Port market too -- if we aren't already. :?

Besides, I'll roll up my windows and won't bother my neighbors and will build a big fence around my backyard and will float in my new pool!!! :mrgreen:

It can't be that bad in North Port, can it? :shock:

06-22-2006, 02:19 PM
So where is there left to move to? Not Sarasota..not North Port..not Venice...for sure not Bradenton :twisted: I guess move out of Florida...maybe Tennesee.....Kenucky?

06-22-2006, 03:24 PM
So where is there left to move to? Not Sarasota..not North Port..not Venice...for sure not Bradenton :twisted: I guess move out of Florida...maybe Tennesee.....Kenucky?It's interesting that many people are being forced to move out of their apartments in Sarasota County because they are being changed into condos. When their apartment lease expires, they can either purchase it as a condo (which takes cash) or they have to move out. :shock:

06-22-2006, 05:50 PM
to the person who said north port will be a dump when all the trash who cant afford sarasota and venice will move there...i guess everyoneeeeeeee who cant afford sarasota is trash..thats pretty rude.....GUESS I AM TRASH :oops:

06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
to the person who said north port will be a dump when all the trash who cant afford sarasota and venice will move there...i guess everyoneeeeeeee who cant afford sarasota is trash..thats pretty rude.....GUESS I AM TRASH :oops:I always swore that I would never move to North Port, but I'm now having second thoughts because I'm NOT going to pay half a million dollars for a crackerbox in Sarasota. A half-mil??? :roll: Nuts. :twisted: !@#$%^&*

06-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Just an FYIit does not take alot of $$$ to get into a house. There are several "law enforcement" programs that will get you into a home for as little as a $500 contribution....all the other closing costs can be rolled into the loan. Everyone can come up with $500..either the security deposit your getting back from the apartment complex or the last months rent that you dont have to pay.....Keep in mind that your first house wont be your dream house. Ask around....i dont think to many peoples first home was a cutie!!! Got to start some where!!! Also if your a civilian your income will most likley qualify you for Down Payment assistance...the city is handing out checks in either 37K or 50K amounts....interest free!!!!

06-24-2006, 09:31 PM
to the person who said tennessee or kentucky... that is what i did. i left my good paying job with mso to take a low paying one with a s.o. in TN. the pay is low, but the fact you can buy a brand new 1500 sq. foot house on over 1/2 acre of land with garage and unfinished basement (brand new i might add) for 140,000 is the clincher. and your taxes run 600 or 700 a year and insurance is less than that.
plus there is no gridlock on the roads (or lack thereof like this area).
i never saw myself leaving this area until a couple of years ago, and have no desire to come back (excepty to visit)..

06-25-2006, 12:49 AM
to the person who said tennessee or kentucky... that is what i did. i left my good paying job with mso to take a low paying one with a s.o. in TN. the pay is low, but the fact you can buy a brand new 1500 sq. foot house on over 1/2 acre of land with garage and unfinished basement (brand new i might add) for 140,000 is the clincher. and your taxes run 600 or 700 a year and insurance is less than that.
plus there is no gridlock on the roads (or lack thereof like this area).
i never saw myself leaving this area until a couple of years ago, and have no desire to come back (excepty to visit)..Thanks for sharing that. That's good news. I planned on being buried in Sarasota, but at the rate things are growing, I might leave for greener pastures when I retire, if I make it that far. It's too expensive here.

06-27-2006, 12:15 PM
there are some great new houses in north port with lots of land :P :D