PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Crist is a Republican and endorsed Republican PBA

06-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Republicans brought us Moore and Crosby and the lowest morale ever seen at DC. Go with Crist if you want to, but remember...I told you so. VOTE DEMOCRAT AND THROW THE REPUBLICAN SCUM OUT !!!!!

06-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Republicans brought us Moore and Crosby and the lowest morale ever seen at DC. Go with Crist if you want to, but remember...I told you so. VOTE DEMOCRAT AND THROW THE REPUBLICAN SCUM OUT !!!!!

That Crosby stuff could happen with any Governor. That was mostly just the media hyping stuff to put the DOC in a bad light which they try to do with all law enforcement, but Bush sure didnt help out with pay issues and work issues with DOC especially considering the good budget years we had.

06-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Remember: a Republican gave us Crosby, which is what all DC employees wanted - an insider to run the prisons.

I don't see what the problem is, except that Crosby was a crook, and a callous one at that, which is what led to his downfall.

But it's what DC employees wanted.

I still remember the elation by DC employees once he was appointed.

Now a Republican has given us someone that has the testicular fortitude to clean up the place.

Unfortunately, Bush had to let it get bad so he could appoint someone of McDonough's calibrer to clean it up, otherwise he never would have had the internal or external mandate. There was no such mandate when Moore was appointed and Bush wanted to clean up the dept. So it backfired.

Next time DC employees start griping about Crosby, simply look in the mirror. It's what you wanted, it's what you got.

I'm reminded of a saying my mother use to say: you made your bed now lie in it.

The days of appointing an insider Secretary have come to an end.

Administrative competence will be the order of the day.

06-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Remember: a Republican gave us Crosby, which is what all DC employees wanted - an insider to run the prisons.

I don't see what the problem is, except that Crosby was a crook, and a callous one at that, which is what led to his downfall.

But it's what DC employees wanted.

I still remember the elation by DC employees once he was appointed.

Now a Republican has given us someone that has the testicular fortitude to clean up the place.

Unfortunately, Bush had to let it get bad so he could appoint someone of McDonough's calibrer to clean it up, otherwise he never would have had the internal or external mandate. There was no such mandate when Moore was appointed and Bush wanted to clean up the dept. So it backfired.

Next time DC employees start griping about Crosby, simply look in the mirror. It's what you wanted, it's what you got.

I'm reminded of a saying my mother use to say: you made your bed now lie in it.

The days of appointing an insider Secretary have come to an end.

Administrative competence will be the order of the day.

Crosby on paper was a good appt. He turned out to be unprofessional to the Probation side with how he handled that whole Deltona mess. An insider would still be better than someone like McDonough who doesnt know anything about Corrections. The new Governor can get questions answered on someone's background in DOC if he just puts the time in on it and can find a good person for the job. This McDonough guy is here for public relation spin to the press and nothing else until he goes back to a job with the other Bush once Jeb leaves.

06-11-2006, 08:18 PM
No matter what you think or say, the buck stops at Bush. He has to take the blame just as he takes the kudos.

06-11-2006, 10:56 PM

I can't say that it has gotten better. Yeah the media hype and the West Point stuff was a good start. Since that time I have seen leadership sag. Where are the leaders? The oath and the code of conduct are great but where is the implementation? A slogan with no action is no action. I see the newly appointed leaders who were the old school problems. Beth is still there but Barry is a Dep Regional Administrator. He was one of the true leaders we had. Deputy Secretary Johnson was a decent choice but if he's being setup to take the fall like Barry was, where are we? Who really held the blame for the old issues?

The march to January continues.

06-12-2006, 12:51 AM

I can't say that it has gotten better. Yeah the media hype and the West Point stuff was a good start. Since that time I have seen leadership sag. Where are the leaders? The oath and the code of conduct are great but where is the implementation? A slogan with no action is no action. I see the newly appointed leaders who were the old school problems. Beth is still there but Barry is a Dep Regional Administrator. He was one of the true leaders we had. Deputy Secretary Johnson was a decent choice but if he's being setup to take the fall like Barry was, where are we? Who really held the blame for the old issues?

The march to January continues.

I agree there has been no improvement at all just some good lines for the press. The only difference is there seems to be even more stress for officers due to the unrealistic expectations so things get faked basically. You can only do so much in 40 hours or 40 + off the books for many and it is a shame, driving many good people off. They expect offices who are shorthanded or have all new staff mostly to keep up like the non shortage ones and that cant happen with a 40 hour week.

06-12-2006, 02:48 AM
Until you people have the testicular fortitude to go over your boss's heads, yes, nothing will change.

You have to have the courage to speak up and say "Hey, something is wrong."

Griping on an blog or BBS ain't gonna cut it...

06-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Until you people have the testicular fortitude to go over your boss's heads, yes, nothing will change.

You have to have the courage to speak up and say "Hey, something is wrong."

Griping on an blog or BBS ain't gonna cut it...

Secretary McDonough has already set his plausible deniability in place. You can't go over your boss's heads without facing discipline. Don't call Tally they'll call you. They are too busy administering to know or care what is going on in the field.

Mr. Secretary, please step up to the plate. I know you have the ability. You are a leader. Remember this is not the US Army; Overcome and adapt to the civilian world. Do some recon to see what you are doing to the Community Corrections side of the house.

06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Mr. Secretary, please step up to the plate. I know you have the ability. You are a leader. Remember this is not the US Army; Overcome and adapt to the civilian world. Do some recon to see what you are doing to the Community Corrections side of the house.

I still don't understand not going over your boss's head. I do it all the time and made it clear that I'll do it again if I know he's wrong.

At the Central Office level employees have been encouraged to skip the chains and go straight to the decisions makers. For soem reason that message isn't getting down to you at the CC side and that's unfortunate.

It's been a breath of fresh air in Tallahassee to know that we can cut through the crap when necessary.

06-13-2006, 04:14 AM

I still don't understand not going over your boss's head. I do it all the time and made it clear that I'll do it again if I know he's wrong.

At the Central Office level employees have been encouraged to skip the chains and go straight to the decisions makers. For soem reason that message isn't getting down to you at the CC side and that's unfortunate.

It's been a breath of fresh air in Tallahassee to know that we can cut through the crap when necessary.

At least administrators are "cutting through the crap. Wish we could. We eat the crap daily and get no support. All it is about is management by threat. Compalin or ask a question and the solution or answer becomes to set you up for discipline. They make you feel as if you are the problem and not part of the solution. The march to drummers long gone continues.

06-14-2006, 01:04 AM
It's all Newton's fault. Crap runs downhill.

mystikwarrior
06-14-2006, 04:30 PM
An insider would still be better than someone like McDonough who doesnt know anything about Corrections.
Not to sound ignorant, but what's to know?
I'm not demeaning anybody here. But really. What's so hard about throwing a man in a cell, feeding him for 8 years and then letting him go? I know that's putting it in simplistic terms, but running a factory is more complicated.

06-14-2006, 11:59 PM
An insider would still be better than someone like McDonough who doesnt know anything about Corrections.
Not to sound ignorant, but what's to know?
I'm not demeaning anybody here. But really. What's so hard about throwing a man in a cell, feeding him for 8 years and then letting him go? I know that's putting it in simplistic terms, but running a factory is more complicated.

You need to get a clue with all the regulations and reports required, inspections and the rest it can be a nightmare sometimes. And that doesnt even start to tell the headaches on the P&P side. Someone with integrity from within would be much better equipped to run the ship than someone from the outside with no clue about the true requirements of the job supervising these people.

06-20-2006, 07:26 PM

06-20-2006, 09:19 PM

08-20-2006, 04:32 AM
bump