PDA

View Full Version : Off-duty SSO deputy kills gator

News Flash
06-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Off-duty SSO deputy kills gator
In this case, no charges will be filed against Sarasota County Sheriff's Sgt. Clint Knowles of Port Charlotte.Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060610/NEWS/606100384/-1/INDEX) for the full story.

06-10-2006, 05:23 PM
We all know if that gator had taken one bite of him, he would of spit him right back out...lollll :lol:

06-11-2006, 01:22 PM
good shoot i am glad no one got hurt :D

06-12-2006, 08:08 PM
What an Idiot call FWC and let them deal with it, No he goes and charges it, He's an Idiot!!!

06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
your either swat or your not!!!!!!

06-12-2006, 10:22 PM
hey i got an idea. why dont you shut your pie hole,, what if he had children or animals in his backyard. think before you speak. i would of done the same thing, but you prob wouldnt have because ur sceered. go home sissy

06-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Bottom line.....................They are part of the food chain.yummmmmmmmyummmmmmmmm. So you tell me that some of you animal loving freaks would let a gator eat your pet or harm you or a friend just because they are protected. I can't believe that charges would even be considered. By the way when is the BBQ...........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

06-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Clint would have given the gator a bellyache for weeks and a case of the the squirts that would make archie jealous!!!. :lol:

06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I was off-duty and was floating down the river on my pontoon just enjoying the afternoon when I saw this woman and her toy poodle by the rivers edge. She was feeding an alligator and I yelled at her that it is illegal to feed alligators in Florida. She gave me a piece of her !@#$%^&* mind and told me to mind my own business. :roll:

Before she could say licketysplit, the gator jumped out of the pond and snatched up the poodle in his mouth and slipped back into the water. The entire thing happened in about 3 seconds or less. She starts screaming at me to come and help her dog. :roll: Riiiiiiiite lady. You told me to mind my own business, right? :lol:

The gator ate her toy poodle in one bite. It was almost like we were at a gator farm where the gators are fed live chickens. :shock:

06-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't believe you. Its a good story but I think its BS

06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I don't believe you. Its a good story but I think its BSAsk Mark House. ;)

06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I didnt know He had kids....lolll thats funny

06-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I didnt know He had kids....lolll thats funnyor anyone for that matter,

06-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Agreed. Fish & Game or even Animal Services of our agency would have been happy to contain the feisty gator and relocate it. They would have then released it to possibly Myakka River Park where it could lead a life in its natural habitat. Perhaps Mr. Knowles wanted to be Mr. Macho? Unless Knowles had children or pets or himself in danger of being attacked, there was no need to kill the alligator. This is their mating time and with the low water levels, they are in places they would normally not be. They're just trying to survive like the rest of us.
What an Idiot call FWC and let them deal with it, No he goes and charges it, He's an Idiot!!!

06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow! What a MAN you are! You shot a gator all by yourself! Ooo! Ooo! The gator had no defense against your gun. You think you're a tough guy, but let's face it, a man with a gun can conquer any natural Florida wildlife. Unless your life or your family's was in danger, this is just plain white trash killing. Maybe your family was in need of meat. Did you see "The Waterboy"?

Off-duty SSO deputy kills gator
In this case, no charges will be filed against Sarasota County Sheriff's Sgt. Clint Knowles of Port Charlotte.Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060610/NEWS/606100384/-1/INDEX) for the full story.

06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Wow! What a MAN you are! You shot a gator all by yourself! Ooo! Ooo! The gator had no defense against your gun. You think you're a tough guy, but let's face it, a man with a gun can conquer any natural Florida wildlife. Unless your life or your family's was in danger, this is just plain white trash killing. Maybe your family was in need of meat. Did you see "The Waterboy"?

Off-duty SSO deputy kills gator[quote]In this case, no charges will be filed against Sarasota County Sheriff's Sgt. Clint Knowles of Port Charlotte.Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060610/NEWS/606100384/-1/INDEX) for the full story.[/quote:3tuxmbqr] What family! He could have went inside and called FWC, I'm sure he was s1 showing off

06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
He could have went inside and called FWC, I'm sure he was s1 showing offKnowles doesn't even drink. :roll: :shock:

06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
You guys trashing clint w/o all the facts need to stfu. You are idiots. I hope that you dont make x15's based on half truths like you are doing here. I cant stress this point enough...You are idiots that need to stfu.

06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
You guys trashing clint w/o all the facts need to stfu. You are idiots. I hope that you dont make x15's based on half truths like you are doing here. I cant stress this point enough...You are idiots that need to stfu.Please you must be joking, ck is always s1, if werent for his buddies at the sso he would have been x15 in the past for some of the sh&* he pulls off duty

06-15-2006, 02:18 AM
First off. a gator that size that has had human contact, cannot be relocated and would have been sent to a slaughter farm anyway. Second, none of us were there so we cannot speculate as to what happened. Who cares its 1 alligator out of millions that we have in FL. There are too many gators as it is, and thats one of the reasons they kept the season open longer, too damn many of them. Any time there is growth in FL, we are encroaching on all of the wildlife that lives here. Not much we can do, we are at the top of the food chain and thats not going to change. Good job Clint, you gotta do what u gotta do, end of story. So all you whiners can go shove it!!

06-20-2006, 12:58 AM
good job clint and pls dont listen to this crap posted. 8)

06-22-2006, 05:03 AM
I WORK IN THIS FIELD,REGARDING WILDLIFE, AND IN MY PROFESSIONAL OPINION THE RIGHT CHOICE WAS MADE. DUE TO THE FACT THAT AN 11 FT ALLIGATOR IN THAT LOCATION,AND REMEMBER THIS IS THE VERY SAME CANAL THAT A MAN WAS KILLED IN LAST YEAR BY THE SAME SIZE ALLIGATOR,UNFORTUNATLY MR KNOWLES DID NOT KILL THAT ONE FIRST.BUT THIS SIZE ALLIGATOR IN A LOCATION WITH AS MANY HOMES THAT THERE IS THERE ,POSSES A HUGE THREAT TO THE PUBLIC . ITS VERY POSSIBLE THAT MR KNOWLES MAY HAVE SAVED SOMEONE ELSES LIFE BY EUTHANIZING THIS ALLIGATOR THAT WAS IN FACT A NUISSANCE ALLIGATOR.AND JUST TO GIVE YOU MORE FACTS, REMEMBER THIS WAS CONSIDERED A NUISSANCE ALLIGATOR AT THE TIME,AND EVEN IF FWC WAS CALLED OUT TO HANDLE IT,THE ALLIGATOR WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED PER FWC POLICIES.ALTHOUGH ANIMAL SERVICES CAN RELOCATE ALLIGATORS ITS ONLY ONES THAT ARE 4FT AND UNDER.I DO KNOW MR KNOWLES AND HIM BEING A FLORIDA NATIVE AND COMING FROM A FAMILY THAT HAS GREAT RESPECT FOR OUR WILDLIFE, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT HIS INTENTIONS WERE JUST. AND IM SURE THE FAMILY OF THE MAN THAT WAS KILLED LAST YEAR IN THAT SAME LOCATION WOULD FEEL THE SAME WAY .

06-22-2006, 12:29 PM
I WORK IN THIS FIELD,REGARDING WILDLIFE, AND IN MY PROFESSIONAL OPINION THE RIGHT CHOICE WAS MADE. DUE TO THE FACT THAT AN 11 FT ALLIGATOR IN THAT LOCATION,AND REMEMBER THIS IS THE VERY SAME CANAL THAT A MAN WAS KILLED IN LAST YEAR BY THE SAME SIZE ALLIGATOR,UNFORTUNATLY MR KNOWLES DID NOT KILL THAT ONE FIRST.BUT THIS SIZE ALLIGATOR IN A LOCATION WITH AS MANY HOMES THAT THERE IS THERE ,POSSES A HUGE THREAT TO THE PUBLIC . ITS VERY POSSIBLE THAT MR KNOWLES MAY HAVE SAVED SOMEONE ELSES LIFE BY EUTHANIZING THIS ALLIGATOR THAT WAS IN FACT A NUISSANCE ALLIGATOR.AND JUST TO GIVE YOU MORE FACTS, REMEMBER THIS WAS CONSIDERED A NUISSANCE ALLIGATOR AT THE TIME,AND EVEN IF FWC WAS CALLED OUT TO HANDLE IT,THE ALLIGATOR WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED PER FWC POLICIES.ALTHOUGH ANIMAL SERVICES CAN RELOCATE ALLIGATORS ITS ONLY ONES THAT ARE 4FT AND UNDER.I DO KNOW MR KNOWLES AND HIM BEING A FLORIDA NATIVE AND COMING FROM A FAMILY THAT HAS GREAT RESPECT FOR OUR WILDLIFE, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT HIS INTENTIONS WERE JUST. AND IM SURE THE FAMILY OF THE MAN THAT WAS KILLED LAST YEAR IN THAT SAME LOCATION WOULD FEEL THE SAME WAY .

Why are you YELLING on here...we can "hear" you fine without yelling <shaking head>

06-22-2006, 03:47 PM
SORRY,COMPUTER NERD,SHAKIN HEAD.

06-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Ya gotta do what 'cha gotta do, so keep up kissn' Knowles' arse, hillbilly. You seem to be REAL good at that! :lol:

06-27-2006, 08:44 PM
[quote="Mind your own business":1wgkn942]I was off-duty and was floating down the river on my pontoon just enjoying the afternoon when I saw this woman and her toy poodle by the rivers edge. She was feeding an alligator and I yelled at her that it is illegal to feed alligators in Florida. She gave me a piece of her !@#$%^&* mind and told me to mind my own business. :roll:

Before she could say licketysplit, the gator jumped out of the pond and snatched up the poodle in his mouth and slipped back into the water. The entire thing happened in about 3 seconds or less. She starts screaming at me to come and help her dog. :roll: Riiiiiiiite lady. You told me to mind my own business, right? :lol:

The gator ate her toy poodle in one bite. It was almost like we were at a gator farm where the gators are fed live chickens. :shock:I don't believe you. Its a good story but I think its BS[/quote:1wgkn942]Oh yeaaaaa???? Check out this story!!!! clicky clicky here (http://www.wwsb.com/news/details.asp?id=45927)

07-04-2006, 04:43 AM
The whole "All caps is yelling" thing makes me laugh! Too funny. It's a badge of honor not knowing that ya know? When I read a newspaper article, I never assume that I now have the facts. I could make fun and bust on so many people here but I would rather not. I would feel like an AH if I did. Seems like basic upbringing to me.