PDA

View Full Version : CRIST WANTS LESS GOVERNMENT

06-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I read this in the newspaper. No further information other than Charlie Crist wants and likes "less government".

With already privitizing so much, whats left but probation and parole.

Anybody have any between the lines reading on what less government really means.

06-09-2006, 12:27 PM
No Republican who wants less government will sacrifice law-and-order staff, especially a candidate who is known as Chain Gang Charlie.

Crist has even been endorsed by the PBA.

He would, I feel, largely cut bloated bureaucracies that are long over due for cutting.

I still see too many people with too much time on thier hands.

Either that or solitaire needs removing from all DC computers.

06-09-2006, 10:28 PM
No Republican who wants less government will sacrifice law-and-order staff, especially a candidate who is known as Chain Gang Charlie.

Crist has even been endorsed by the PBA.

He would, I feel, largely cut bloated bureaucracies that are long over due for cutting.

I still see too many people with too much time on thier hands.

Either that or solitaire needs removing from all DC computers.

I just hope he is more proactive on the pay issue than Bush was - We have took a beating on pay compared to local agencies since 2000. There is no way privatization will take off in P&P with how these offenders are on the news all the time now.

06-09-2006, 11:15 PM
If Crist wants less government he should get a job selling insurance. He won't even have to change his rhetoric.

06-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Looking at what was said..." Less government is good and that is a platform point"....

I remain very very concerned how that will play out.

Under Bush, many agencies were combined, downsized or outright eliminated. Other agencies that remained were privitized.

I have many friends who were state employees. They lost their jobs and pensions to go to work for the private provider.

For those that think that can not happen in criminal justice, speak with your fellow state law enforcement officers, i.e. Capitol Police, Fish and Game, DEP, etc. They were combined, downsized and transferred without any compensation.

JUST WHAT DOES LESS GOVERNMENT MEAN TO PROBATION AND PAROLE ????

Our friends at the Parole Commission no longer have a job and DOC will assume the duties without any additional positions.

Look at the DCF, they are losing their jobs. A few, very few will find jobs with the local Sheriff's Offices, what about the other 60%...where do they go ? The funds that would have paid those 60% are being used for start up equipment.

CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOW'S CRIST GET A FIRM AND DIRECT ANSWER ON WHAT HE MEANS ABOUT LESS GOVERNMENT AS IT RELATES TO P&P...

Thanks

06-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Looking at what was said..." Less government is good and that is a platform point"....

I remain very very concerned how that will play out.

Under Bush, many agencies were combined, downsized or outright eliminated. Other agencies that remained were privitized.

I have many friends who were state employees. They lost their jobs and pensions to go to work for the private provider.

For those that think that can not happen in criminal justice, speak with your fellow state law enforcement officers, i.e. Capitol Police, Fish and Game, DEP, etc. They were combined, downsized and transferred without any compensation.

JUST WHAT DOES LESS GOVERNMENT MEAN TO PROBATION AND PAROLE ????

Our friends at the Parole Commission no longer have a job and DOC will assume the duties without any additional positions.

Look at the DCF, they are losing their jobs. A few, very few will find jobs with the local Sheriff's Offices, what about the other 60%...where do they go ? The funds that would have paid those 60% are being used for start up equipment.

CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOW'S CRIST GET A FIRM AND DIRECT ANSWER ON WHAT HE MEANS ABOUT LESS GOVERNMENT AS IT RELATES TO P&P...

Thanks

The Parole Commision did survive I heard for another year but they arent really needed anymore - all they have to do is stop letting those conditional releases out a month before their time is done anyway and their is almost no one on true Parole.

As far as P&P due to the media's focus on Supervision cases doing bad things while on probation - I dont see them even considering it anytime soon. I could see DCF and them privatized possibly in the future but no law enforcement position.

06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
It's the perfect way to fix the broken DOC. Privatize and have it done right. DOC has screwed it upfor years. Cannot fix itself. Crist will help fix it by replacing it with a real organization, and at the same time save the taxpayers some money. The private citizen should fall right in line at election time. It's the wave of the future.

Makes good campaign rhetoric.

06-10-2006, 09:24 PM
It's the perfect way to fix the broken DOC. Privatize and have it done right. DOC has screwed it upfor years. Cannot fix itself. Crist will help fix it by replacing it with a real organization, and at the same time save the taxpayers some money. The private citizen should fall right in line at election time. It's the wave of the future.

Makes good campaign rhetoric.

when you privatize law enforcement things like prisons or felony probation you get trouble because the companies only want a profit and will sacrifice anything to make its profit larger - look at some of the stuff at the Jimmy Ryce center and the privatized Prisons even though they get the more manageable prisoners. Some things are better left not privatized.

06-11-2006, 01:55 AM
I'm not in favor of it. Just wanted to show what position the political campaigne can take. John Q Public has no idea what is really going on. Let a politician claim the above and watch the votes stack up.

06-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I AM FOR SMALLER GOVERNMENT AND HOPE THAT OUR DEPARTMENT IS ABOLISHED TO THE PRIVATE OR COUNTY LEVEL. I HOPE THAT THEY TAKE SPECIAL RISK AWAY AND JUST ABOLISH THE WHOLE CORRECTIONAL PROBATION CERTIFICATION. WE SHOULD BE MERGED WITH JUVENILE JUSTICE AND SAVE THE STATE LOTS OF MONEY.

06-11-2006, 06:29 PM
I AM FOR SMALLER GOVERNMENT AND HOPE THAT OUR DEPARTMENT IS ABOLISHED TO THE PRIVATE OR COUNTY LEVEL. I HOPE THAT THEY TAKE SPECIAL RISK AWAY AND JUST ABOLISH THE WHOLE CORRECTIONAL PROBATION CERTIFICATION. WE SHOULD BE MERGED WITH JUVENILE JUSTICE AND SAVE THE STATE LOTS OF MONEY.

You're an IDIOT Pork Barrel. Why don't you take your pig slop to another website. You obviously don't work for us, and are probably under supervision. By the way, you're going to have to drop a urine tomorrow. :twisted:

06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
You tell him parrothead!

06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
when you privatize law enforcement things like prisons or felony probation you get trouble because the companies only want a profit and will sacrifice anything to make its profit larger - look at some of the stuff at the Jimmy Ryce center and the privatized Prisons even though they get the more manageable prisoners. Some things are better left not privatized.

I agree. As a law and order conservative Republican, I'm not a big fan of privatizing core functions of government - justice, roads, prisons, etc.

Outsourcing the Personnel, purchasing, etc, I have no problem with - but the core functions, I do.

Yes, the private prisons get the cream of the prisoner crop (if there is such a thing) and I've heard many senior level people say that thier costs are really not much different than state prisons.

06-12-2006, 10:28 PM

I agree. As a law and order conservative Republican, I'm not a big fan of privatizing core functions of government - justice, roads, prisons, etc.

Outsourcing the Personnel, purchasing, etc, I have no problem with - but the core functions, I do.

Yes, the private prisons get the cream of the prisoner crop (if there is such a thing) and I've heard many senior level people say that thier costs are really not much different than state prisons.

they had studies that showed the savings were almost nothing, like in the 2% range and it was supposed to be at least 7%
I think to meet requirements, which they never have.

06-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Don't be cry-babies. Buy some stock in Wackenhut and vote for Crist. You'll get rich along with the politicians.

mystikwarrior
06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
This whole thread is premised on Crist being the next Governor. Which he won't be.
Privatizing is the wrong way to go. We don't need 'less' government, we need 'efficient' government. The two are not the same.

06-15-2006, 12:34 AM
This whole thread is premised on Crist being the next Governor. Which he won't be.
Privatizing is the wrong way to go. We don't need 'less' government, we need 'efficient' government. The two are not the same.

Unless things change a lot, you are mistaken on that my friend...

Crist will be the next Governor. Dont need privatizing however.

mystikwarrior
06-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Crist will be the next Governor.
We'll revisit this thread in November :D