PDA

View Full Version : Operation Safe Streets

06-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Its official. The city is going to launch Operation Safe Streets to the media. Fire up the smoke bombs and lay the all so important smoke screen. Lets let the citizens believe that we're doing some trendsetting proactive policework here.

I have to wonder: If we really want to make the streets safer and have an impact on crime, why are we throwing together a group of officers who have never worked together instead of using the already existing Street Crimes Unit?

Maybe there is no intention of making an actual impact?????????

I can't wait to see whats next.

Picasso
06-08-2006, 02:06 AM
http://www.ppdonline.org/ops/ops_safestreets.php

Can You say ...Plagiarism....
Ok Slowly pronounce it......."Play---Jar---Ism.."
I knew you could!!

There isn't an original take off on this PRO-Active address to the crime issue in St Pete...LMAO ...... Upstairs...... Someone is taking credit for this ID$A....The rabbit is watching his watch......., Time is running out for St PETE PD... click on the above site to view another city's plans....the City of Brotherly love no less....

What A farce!!!

Stormy waters are a brewing.

And this City isn't prepared...to handle it......

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/white.jpg

The Clock is a' ticken GOd ~ better pull out now before the walls fall in flat on you , your face and all your followers. HIz Honor blue jeans and all becaus' he's an regular kinda guy....Say's ".Life looks good in St Pete " ~~~until you figure in the collapse of the real estate market. Better to keep taxes down now cause they're going to go through the roof In the near future.....

Chief Gelding
06-08-2006, 03:04 AM
"Go" gave this great website for the Filla-delfia Poe-lease, and I got this brilliant idea. I'll just name a task force, give it a new name, and make sure they look busy. Just to make sure they don't do anything, I'll name officers with less experience. And if anybody mentions using the street crimes unit, I'll write 'em up for IA. That should keep those demanding Palmetto Park people happy.

I'm so smart...I'm so hungry. Let's go for pizza!

Chief Gelding...shootin' blanks and takin' names.

06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
We had some great street crimes guys and where are most of them now? PCSO, TPD, retired, or beaten down and laying low in patrol, thanks to this weak-stick administration! Mr. Mayor has allowed our SPPD to become a joke when it comes to fighting crime. This isn't rocket science, street thugs are easy to arrest and jail. As long as our City fails to support those who risk their personal safety to do the dirty work, nothing will ever change. Donnie and who? will run this project, give us all a break. "Corruption begets corruption" Mr. Mayor you reap what you sow... and baby you have laid some very bad seeds in this administration for years now.

06-08-2006, 06:34 PM
You remember what happened when Donnie's relatives got caught breaking into a car?

06-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I heard Foster is assigned to it....no other comments necessary.

06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
They need Foster back cuz besides Gibson and Noodwang, that group doesn't have any detectives who have CI's.

Watch how valuable Foster becomes to that unit, and then whaddya know? He'll sneak back in the back door to CID on Al's squad by the time Henry gets all trained for his new position.

Can you say "fair"? Can you say "impartial"? I thought you could. Now keep saying it with a straight face and try to sit in CID read-off while Luke talks. We oughta get Academy Awards.

06-09-2006, 02:37 PM
You remember what happened when Donnie's relatives got caught breaking into a car?

That's just a taste of things to come, can't wait to see this action-packed thriller. It's going to have a story line about as credible as "24".

06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Just think if we had a Mayor and command staff that really cared about these poor citizens? You know leaders that respected them and addressed their fears as it relates to criminal activity in their neighborhoods. We would be supported and directed to fight crime during our shifts. You could leave read-off and drive to a drug hole and make some arrests and establish a police presence where it is needed. Cops could be cops and criminals would have to run and hide rather than stand in the middle of the block intimidating our Cities real citizens. Just a change at the top would correct this entire situation. We need a real Mayor who will replace the likes of "do nothing Davis," and his poppet police staff. I can't wait for this to happen so I'm out of here.

06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
It's sick and it's sad. A guy comes on here and says that his block is riddled with this plague, and all we can tell him is we arent allowed to address it (and it's true). That's damned sick! That's the mentality that got us into the predicament we are in with all these terrorists living among us. The citizens live in fear because our command is falling apart. We put affirmative action and political correctness before crime fighting, nepotism is before both of those. The citzen, the law-abiding victim lives in fear. The cops are hiding from the axe from above. When you deprive your citizens of law and order, you get something like Liberia or Somalia. I can see it without squinting too damned hard....

Law abiding citizens, we are so sorry. We fight the good fight, even though it hurts. Some stay here and try (and do) make a difference. We do that one call at a time, despite the efforts of our management, not because of them.

06-10-2006, 02:35 AM
This new plan by Chief Harmon may be just another feel-good smokescreen. That's what insiders tell me. To this more than casual observer, these citizens have done a credible job of exposing the problem and demanding action. The rattling of cages is working, and they need to continue their actions to force the top echelon in St. Petersburg to produce results. If the man wearing the brass salad thinks he can float by on this one, he's got a problem.

Moral Majority
06-10-2006, 04:15 AM
I have the answer! "I" the "Moral Majority" will endeavour to pursue a new career, a career that is void of taxes, yet very lucrative and hands on! I will become the new South Side Crack mogul!

Na, it will never fly, the po-po is allowed to pursue, and arrest the MORAL MAJORITY!

06-10-2006, 04:31 AM
If you think that this problrm is any differant than the previous you must be blind. The same thing happened last year. Its just another political smokescreen to make the citizens believe that the pd is making a difference. It worked last year so we're going to do it again. If the GAP was so successful last year then what was accomplished. NOTHING!. Dragged it on for another year.......See you again next year under another assumed name.

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
06-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Sounds like the ((law abiding) citizens are waking up....

Seriously, if you care about your neighborhood, don't let up on them.

06-10-2006, 03:54 PM
The less than honorable mayor is worried he will not be able to move up the political ladder with this crime thing getting exposed. He could care less for these hard working citizens and their families. He is the problem; he has created this situation and he has never cared to do a thing about it. He wants to reach for the brass ring and become a life long politician. He is being advised to do a little something so he can be seen as caring and attempting to do something about this crime problem. See he needs votes from some other areas to keep moving up the political ladder and this crime problem will be his undoing for sure. There are too many good citizens living outside of St. Petersburg who will see this crime problem and chose to vote for a better candidate. Mr. Mayor you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. You will hopefully go back to work in the private sector? A new mayor with fresh positive ideas is what St. Petersburg deserves. A new Mayor with a big broom is what I pray for.