PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting radios?!

06-06-2006, 04:57 PM
A senior staff member holding briefing recently stated the agency is looking at placing mobile radios in the cars. Finally!!! Why has it taken 6 years for them to realize a "portable only" system does not work?

This is great news and this will be one of the best equipment purchases the agency has made for it's deputies.

Talk about a great improvement in officer safety!

:D :D :D :D :D

06-13-2006, 09:32 PM
You guys seriously do not have radios in your car? I hope that you get them with a quickness!

06-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Nope. PCSO has only had portable radios for the past 6 years. Deputies have had to rely on cellular telephones and computer messaging in certain areas of the county to communicate on a frequent basis.

06-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I worked here back in he early 90,s before going to Tampa. I remember then we had only portables. In some areas of the county ( I worked the ridge) you needed to find a phone. The fish camps on east 60 near the county line were that way. I needed back up one time and needed to drive to the store at the bridge. I kept two portables in case one went dead. The computers back then were just for report writing if you had one. The radio issue has been around for at least 15 years that I know. BE safe. I loved working there, but the pay was terrible. There were alot of good people I left behind there. Grice still working he East region?

06-18-2006, 11:22 AM
yes, he is.

06-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Wow, Largo PD has no computers....Polk no radios. It's 2006 for crying out loud.

07-01-2006, 12:00 PM
It's more important for brass to get new cars every year or for non-sworn members to have a company car then to have working radios. Or a CAD system that's up to date or mapping system in deputies cars. Instead we have to use mapquest.com to find all these new streets. So everytime you hear of a non-sworn civil process server or community service person getting into a s4d, think of all that money that could have been spent on better equipment. Instead it'll go to giving them another car to wreck. :evil:

Fish
09-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey where did that go???
------------------------

Didn't our brass just lose their crown vics and get impalas?

09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
WOW NO CAR RADIOS