PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

Lawman
06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
A friend of mine got tagged by FHP the other day for speeding. I looked at the ticket and there is absolutely no indication of how the speed was measured. She got hit right after getting off the Howard Franklin. Can anyone shed any light on whether it was radar, laser, speedometer, or something else? Just curious.

And before someone even goes there, I believe that professional courtesy does not extend to friends (nor did she, so she kept her mouth shut), so please lets not start another long thread about the topic.

Thanks

06-10-2006, 01:20 AM
I see FHP goes out of their way to help answer questions here....even those of other officers....

06-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Hard to say without knowing the name of the Trooper. If it was a motor, usually radar and/or laser. Pace clock, radar are my tools of choice... since lasers are a little hard to come by these days. Did she state if she was on the north or south side of the hump? Not too many TPA district troopers have lasers FWIW.

Lawman
06-13-2006, 03:01 AM
It was the pinellas side of the howard franklin...Trooper Moseman or somthing like that.

06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Doesn't hurt to say who you know. I'm cool about that..

01-21-2008, 02:19 PM
:D

08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
A friend of mine got tagged by FHP the other day for speeding. I looked at the ticket and there is absolutely no indication of how the speed was measured. She got hit right after getting off the Howard Franklin. Can anyone shed any light on whether it was radar, laser, speedometer, or something else? Just curious.

And before someone even goes there, I believe that professional courtesy does not extend to friends (nor did she, so she kept her mouth shut), so please lets not start another long thread about the topic.

Thanks

Nice of you to say thanks fisherman. As with most of us dump cops out here, I just fell off the turnip truck too. Can anyone shed any light on whether it was radar, laser, speedometer, or something else? Just curious.

08-13-2009, 11:00 PM

Thanks

Nice of you to say thanks fisherman. As with most of us dump cops out here, I just fell off the turnip truck too. Can anyone shed any light on whether it was radar, laser, speedometer, or something else? Just curious.

Who cares? Tell your friend to pay the fine, go to traffic school, or take a chance in court. If the latter, the means of the clock will be explained at that time. Bottom line...tell your friend to slow down and try to be a safer driver.

08-14-2009, 03:53 AM
If the car was facing her or away from her probably front or rear radar. If the car was sideways and the trooper was hanging out the window pointing something at her probably laser. If the car snuck up on her and followed her then pulled her over then probably a pace clock. If it was a motorman then laser or pace for the most part. I usually see them working the front radar and whipping that u-turn.