PDA

View Full Version : CIU position.

06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Why did almost nobody put it for the position. Was it because of the work? Was it because the job title wasn't explained when opened, so nobody knew what it was gonna be about? Was it because of the CIU SGT?

I think everyone was affraid. Nobody understood the job, now you have a bunch of slouches that are just interested in the title who put in for it. I couldn't secure a recomendation because I switched squads.

I saw the post that went out from the A/C which suggested the person's "work ethic" would be looked at. Not much of a "work ethic" from any of those that put in for the job. Good luck.

Who wants to work for a supervisor who frowns upon the hardworkers?

06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
6 people put in for it, how is that nobody? Plus why should anyone come around the department specifically the A.C. or the Det. Sgt and talk to the troops about it in roll call, when the A.C. can send a e-mail to everyone about it. That's how unprofessional this place is. No one wanted to put in for it because they know who is going to be picked.

06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah word is the CIU SGT was asking a certain officer to put in for the position. He already had his mind made up about who he wanted. Your right, most people didn't bother because they already knew who was getting the job. Thats how this place works, its the good ol boy system.

Besides even if the CIU SGT didn't get his way in selection and the Chief were to overide him, you would still be working for a SGT that didn't want you in there in the first place. So unless your his handpicked guy, why bother? Thats the way most officers here are trained including me, to take the path of least resistance.