PDA

View Full Version : National registry of every American's DNA

News Flash
06-04-2006, 10:02 AM
National registry of every American's DNA

Some in law enforcement are calling for a national registry of every American's DNA profile, against which police could instantly compare crime-scene specimens.Click here (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13090898/) for the full story.

06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
i am for it :oops:

06-04-2006, 12:42 PM
i am for it :oops:I am too.

I believe that since around 1994 (???), all military members have submitted their DNA to the database through swabs. I knew that we would eventually get a nationwise database when they expanded the DNA collection from:
1) Only violent convicted felons
2) To burglars (non-violent)
3) To anyone who is arrested
4) To anyone who enlist in the military
5) To _________. (next)

People are soooooooo afraid of biometrics, but it will reduce identity fraud and will help us to combat crime. Have you noticed how criminals hate to provide a thumbprint whenever they try to pass a bad check at a bank??? Gee I wonder why??? Because it can be traced directly back to them -- if their prints are already in the nationwide system. ;)

We are also looking at requiring fingerprints to get a drivers license for all 50 states, possibly to be implemented between 2007-2009 through the Patriot Act, but it's still being examined. The biometrics would be included in the magnetic strip on the back of a license and it would not be visible to the naked eye.

I'll all for it -- 100%.