PDA

View Full Version : CA Harrison

06-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Who is CA Harrison on the Dana Walker heading?

06-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Doug Harrison was the circuit administrator of Circuit I before Deborah Brown.

06-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Is he the one they refer to a "clueless" or the "idito" that was in league with Dana?

06-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes!

06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
What was his relationship with Dana?

06-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Nothing personal but Harrison let her get away with whatever she wanted. Oh he would huff and puff but never do anything. He was powerless and either scared of her or clueless as to how to handle the situation. He would move her around occasionally trying to reduce the damage she was causing but never was man enough to actually tackle the situation as a decent CA would.

06-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Over here to the east of Pensacola we always immediately left the office as soon as we heard he was coming around for a "visit" because nobody could stand him so everyone would just leave rather than have to talk with him. Crestview and Shalimar did the same thing as did all the other offices in the circuit!!!

06-03-2006, 08:48 PM
We did the same thing over here in Shalimar. Everyone would bail as soon as they heard his voice. The only ones that had to stay was the office supervisor and the clerical. They were stuck. No one could stand him. He would try and walk around and be your "friend" and as soon as he returned to the circuit office he would screw the hell out of you. He and Dana Walker believed in the "screw thy neighbor" doctrine. We've heard that he is still coming around or calling people trying to be buddy buddy as if everyone is suppose to just forget what he did to them for twenty years. Everyone here and those we talk to over towards the west just want him to go away like a nightmarish memory. Please just fade away!

06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Actually Dana hated him with an awful passion but she didn't like anybody anyway. So they were not "buddies" as previously mentioned! She just used him to get what she wanted. He was putty in her hands!

06-04-2006, 12:05 AM
That the old timers protected each other because they knew the dirt on each other. There you have it (PROTECT THE DARK EVIL SECRETS).

06-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Here are the facts as I know them. Dana actually hated Doug and did whatever she could to screw him but was protected by the DCA who was actually a pretty good guy and even though he knew what she was like, let Dana get away with everything (?) and was a buffer for her with just about everyone. In the meantime, Doug hated Dana and intimidated her the best he could, but just didn't have the cojones to really do anything about her (or maybe someone wouldn't let him, because she was pretty well liked by Lana Arnold and even by Harry K. Singletary whom she kissed up to) As far as the old-timers covering for each other because they knew each other's dirty secrets, it was more that they looked out for each other the best they could to keep from getting screwed by either Dana or Doug. (take your pick!) Both were incompetent and knew it and would take it out on anyone they could, and that included the sups so between them the other sups had to take up for each other just to stay alive!!! They pretty much banded together for the good of the Circuit and did what they could to counteract the evil twins! God only knows what would have happened if they hadn't! I actually think they helped us a lot more than we know! Believe it or not, the First Circuit has always been a great place to work even in spite of those few rotten apples. Certainly none of us ever wanted to transfer to S. Fl., but we have had plenty of y'all come up here!

06-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Here are the facts as I know them. Dana actually hated Doug and did whatever she could to screw him but was protected by the DCA who was actually a pretty good guy and even though he knew what she was like, let Dana get away with everything (?) and was a buffer for her with just about everyone. In the meantime, Doug hated Dana and intimidated her the best he could, but just didn't have the cojones to really do anything about her (or maybe someone wouldn't let him, because she was pretty well liked by Lana Arnold and even by Harry K. Singletary whom she kissed up to) As far as the old-timers covering for each other because they knew each other's dirty secrets, it was more that they looked out for each other the best they could to keep from getting screwed by either Dana or Doug. (take your pick!) Both were incompetent and knew it and would take it out on anyone they could, and that included the sups so between them the other sups had to take up for each other just to stay alive!!! They pretty much banded together for the good of the Circuit and did what they could to counteract the evil twins! God only knows what would have happened if they hadn't! I actually think they helped us a lot more than we know! Believe it or not, the First Circuit has always been a great place to work even in spite of those few rotten apples. Certainly none of us ever wanted to transfer to S. Fl., but we have had plenty of y'all come up here!

06-04-2006, 03:51 AM

the reason S. Florida transfers north is because 38 k in S. Florida equals about 22 k in N. Florida.

06-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Pretty good reason i'd say!

06-04-2006, 04:51 AM
There is a legend in Circuit I that Harrison actually made a decision during the decades he was the circuit administrator. There is no record of it but some of the old time sups said they recalled only one during his entire reign. But when they say this they usually snicker with their hands over their mouths so it may be that Mickey C. had to make it for him instead. Still the legend persists as the years roll by as his hateful memory begins to fade into obscurity! Several of the old timers came around at T. Howell's retirement party and they all had stories to tell about King Clueless. But none of them there could actually remember what the one decision he made was. One old timer (who's still there) began laughing and said at his table to everyone, "his decision was to wait until tomorrow to make a decision!"

06-04-2006, 12:26 PM
you ought to hear ole dana talk about how ole doug could put a sucking on a chickin leg. Wow!!!

06-04-2006, 02:16 PM
heard that, seen that. the man could eat three plates before a normal person finished one!

06-05-2006, 02:07 AM
I was at Howell's retirement and we were all laughing when the former DCA mentioned how it use to amuse everyone when Howell would pull figures and stats out of the air when asked by Harrison and Doug would scribble them down none the wiser. Of course when the former DCA mentioned this Doug said, "Oh I knew he was doing that all along!" Right Doug and you didn't get the nickname King Clueless for nothing did you! With your massive ego you would never have written down a false figure and sent it to Tallytown knowing all along it was false. Who were you trying to fool other than yourself! You were the laughing stock of the sups for decades. They pulled more crap over your eyes than you ever wish to know and all you can do is sit there and say, "Oh yeah I knew it was going on." Give us all a break! When you said that at the retirement party didn't you notice everyone looking at you like you were the king of fools! Ask all the members of the Governor Showcase team who took a complete falsehood to state competition and you never knew it!!! And all of them are still laughing at how mad you were when you found out! All two hundred of your staff still laugh until tears come to their eyes over THAT ONE! Just laugh it off and forget about it all the way to the bank on the retirement of yours bought on the backs and labor of those that were unfortunate to serve under you! You pulled one of the biggest shams in history, made possible by your old bud Mickey C. You couldn't have done it unless you were lucky enough to have one bigger than you above you! The old timers in drop also tell the story of how you had to be relieved from teaching DT because of how sadistic you were. You even broke a young ladies kneecap which required extensive surgery, all a matter of record. Let's see DH you're at 400 pounds and Sandy at 115, only you would consider that even odds, huh? How do you sleep at night? And they say Gail Red**** should have trouble sleeping at night! Obviously they've never met you! You also had to be relieved from teaching DT at George Stone, another piece of the puzzle falls into place! Now the original question was how does and did Dana Walker get away with everything she did and continuing to do? Well some of the above should be part of the answer and it is definitely spelled, "D-O-U-G H-A-R-R-I-S-O-N!"

06-05-2006, 02:29 AM
I would say Doug that you should pick on someone your own size but at 400 that might be hard to find!

06-06-2006, 01:50 AM
For more on Doug Harrison go to the Dana Walker site.

06-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Doug, how do you live with yourself?

06-10-2006, 12:09 PM
w-w-w-w-what d-d-d-do you me-me-me-mean? :lol:

06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Dougie, you never were any good at taking hints before but do you get the impression that maybe people want you to just go away! You've stuck us with Dana, haven't you done enough for one life time!

06-10-2006, 09:02 PM
There's always tomorrow. Buckle up.

06-13-2006, 02:52 AM
Well Doug speak up. Why do you think all of these people have the same opinion of you and your management style all those years???

06-15-2006, 12:26 AM
As a commentary Ms. Brown has done nothing in her three years but naturally you already know that. She has used the excuse of "I'm having to correct the previous mistakes of Doug Harrison and clean up the good ole boy system" and obviously that must be going to take a decade or so. Or at least use the excuse for a decade or so. All she did was replace the good old boy system with another system just as bad. As far as Dana is concerned please share with us whatever you're smoking!

06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
I think it is time to let Mr. Harrison alone. I always enjoyed working for him and found him to be a wealth of knowledge. He was very supportive of staff and was always up to date on policy changes, etc . I miss him and I really miss going hunting with him. He was a great shot. So, guys let him go. And, while I am at it, lets lay off the other great people in Circuit 1. I am afraid some of you are so bitter you may be taking it out on your poor cases- even violating them. And then you know what happens -they have to go before these oppresive judges. The next thing you know these offenders are wearing blue. Also, don't take your bitterness out on your wives, husbands, children, neighbors, etc. Be kind and be nice. Remember what they told us in school so many years ago. It takes more energy to frown than to smile. I think it would follow that it takes more energy to be angry than to be nice. So lets come together and make this agency what it was when people like Doug Harrison was here. Lets return to greatness. So, tomorrow when you go to work tell someone at work how much you care for them. Let Ms. Walker know how much you appreciate her. Be happy and don't fret. I know you guys can do it. GOMER

06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
I think it is time to let Mr. Harrison alone. I always enjoyed working for him and found him to be a wealth of knowledge. He was very supportive of staff and was always up to date on policy changes, etc . I miss him and I really miss going hunting with him. He was a great shot. So, guys let him go. And, while I am at it, lets lay off the other great people in Circuit 1. I am afraid some of you are so bitter you may be taking it out on your poor cases- even violating them. And then you know what happens -they have to go before these oppresive judges. The next thing you know these offenders are wearing blue. Also, don't take your bitterness out on your wives, husbands, children, neighbors, etc. Be kind and be nice. Remember what they told us in school so many years ago. It takes more energy to frown than to smile. I think it would follow that it takes more energy to be angry than to be nice. So lets come together and make this agency what it was when people like Doug Harrison was here. Lets return to greatness. So, tomorrow when you go to work tell someone at work how much you care for them. Let Ms. Walker know how much you appreciate her. Be happy and don't fret. I know you guys can do it. GOMER

06-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Gomer, you crack me up!

06-20-2006, 07:06 PM

06-20-2006, 11:21 PM

07-09-2006, 12:09 AM
haven't heard from dougie in a while. could he have finally taken the hint?

07-27-2006, 12:07 AM
has anyone heard from the clueless wonder lately?

08-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Is it true that Doug twisted some arms to make George Stone hire his wife Vicky who works at Century Prison as a firearm instructor?

08-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Yes its true.

08-21-2006, 11:54 PM
I think Doug should run for governor.

08-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Is it true that Doug twisted some arms to make George Stone hire his wife Vicky who works at Century Prison as a firearm instructor?

Doug has no leverage with George Stone since he retired. Doug is a different person since he left, not totally reformed but much improved. Give the devil his due. Plus, Vicky is actually a good instructor and respected as such at SRCI.

08-26-2006, 08:28 PM
We'll have to take your word that he has improved but he left so much destruction behind that I don't see any of his victims forgiving him anytime in the future. As to Vicky don't know anything about that but most thank their lucky stars that Doug is not instructing anymore. Most officers that remember him from DOC classes and from GS classes do not have fond memories of him. So maybe Vicky was an improvement. As far as "giving the devil his due" you pegged the right word on that one and Doug better hope he is never given his "due."

08-31-2006, 03:13 AM
:?:

09-16-2006, 05:30 PM
:evil:

09-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Just want to thank u again doug for all you did to us. thanks for Dana Walker and all the others you didn't make do their jobs!

10-11-2006, 03:46 AM
thanks again dougie for dana walker!

11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Has anyone heard from the "Beast" lately? Maybe he has read some of this because he doesn't appear to be calling people and bothering much anymore. thank the stars for small favors!

04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
dougie poo have we thanked you lately for dana walker?

04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I would prefer Doug over Deborah Brown any day! :!:

04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
I would prefer Doug over Deborah Brown any day! :!:

Most of the newer hires and promotees would not see it that way. :shock:

05-03-2007, 03:07 AM
thats probably a true statement. The older crew who knew doug can't stand him and the newer crew that didn't know him that well or didn't have to deal with him that much probably prefer Deborah. Its always the devil you know rather than the one you don't!