PDA

View Full Version : Dana Walker

06-02-2006, 03:20 AM
I use to work for Dana Walker and so far she has got a heads up on Gail! I worked for her for ten years before I got out and have never seen anyone like her. You south Florida boys need to come up and have a look see! She brought food to the office constantly in an attempt to buy peoples favor but would turn on any one of her staff at any given time! She had her favorites who could do no wrong and then those who did their job who could do no right! Even her own ranked contempories spoke constantly of her legendary lying on any topic, at any time, whether or not there was anything to gain from it or not. Many an officer's careers down the tubes because of this woman! Every paycheck she gets is highway robbery! This woman never completed a file review on me in ten years. She never got past the "G's" and still doesn't I imagine! Yet her CA of yesteryear (nicknamed "the idiot") and her present one has never caught on in decades! All of our work was just rubber stamped everytime because she didn't know enough to question anything. When I came on board she had already been "removed" from three offices that she was in charge of because of her incompetency. Her previoius CA had to find places to put her to keep her from doing real work thus creating real damage. All the other supervisors use to talk about it over coffee each morning! I think your new department secretary is trying to do a good job but this one has definitely got by him and if the present CA can't do anything then I guess two has gotten by him!

06-02-2006, 03:21 AM
I only worked for her for three and ditto everything you said!

06-02-2006, 03:23 AM
The CA ought to go ask any of her "past" officers if they want to know what's going on with her however if she continues to keep her head stuck in the sand then I guess the problem will go on and on!

06-02-2006, 03:26 AM
A lot of the problem lay with the previous CA. A man that most people still won't talk to. He and Dana were cut out of the same mold. He allowed her to get away with what ever she wanted and now the new CA is stuck with his mistakes! I work in the same office with her now and NOTHING has changed. She is the same now and her legend says she was decades ago!

06-02-2006, 03:28 AM
All of you are right on! Still with her and still going on!

06-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Some of you youngin's might not remember but there were three evaluations done on Circuit I during the Mike Moore days mainly because of all the problems created by CA Harrison. ALL THREE came back showing his incompetence and yet they left him to continue torturing the circuit. If you ask around I believe some of the old timers still have copies of those questionaries and evaluations. The sad part is that nobody ratted him out because it was such an idiot everyone wanted to keep him since he didn't ever know what was going on!

06-02-2006, 03:35 AM
I remember during those evaluations that someone nicknamed him CLUELESS and the name stuck. Those same evaluations ripped Dana Walker apart too yet she's still there also. I have copies of one of those evals that my supervisor gave me for a mememto.

06-02-2006, 04:02 AM
We'll trade you Gail Red**** for Dana Walker! Is it a deal?

06-02-2006, 04:05 AM
I am under her same roof and have to say that Dana is a good cook! Can Gail cook? We need to settle this question before we discuss any further?

06-02-2006, 04:30 AM
I am under her same roof and have to say that Dana is a good cook! Can Gail cook? We need to settle this question before we discuss any further?

Good cook to you. You might need to check the next delivered goodies for dog hair. No thank you.

06-02-2006, 04:53 AM
:lol:

06-02-2006, 09:22 PM
This woman is low but that would too low!

06-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Chunkalink obviously has never worked for her. She redefined the word "low" but your advice is still well taken!

06-02-2006, 09:27 PM
When i worked for her she used to call her supervisors into her office about five times a day for some "emergency." She could never make a decision without having to run it by everyone under the sun. She was constantly in "panic mode" mainly from never knowing what to do. So she would call her sups together with great drama to handle what most other sups would consider mundane and boring. Several of those sups are still around just working for other office supervisors. Ask them. Their stories are a riot!

06-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Still with her and its still going on! Some things never change. If the present CA would just mentally write down some of the things she says and follow up on them she would find out a few things. The DCA knows first hand what everyone is talking about. All he has to do is tell the TRUTH to the CA and all will come to light! Ask her how she got her "special" raise from Lana Arnold. You talk about tall and wild tales! The old sups are still talking about it! But then Lana made the mistake of taking her word for it too without "checking."

06-02-2006, 09:44 PM
To CA of Circuit I

Why don't you go back and check how many file reviews were actually done on us when Dana was our supervisor at the Bayside office? Would the answer interest you?

06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Why are you evil people picking on poor ole Dana? She is such a fine supervisor. She represents all that the Department stands for: sucking up, incompetence, phony, back stabber, over eater, etc. Leave her alone, ya hear me.

06-03-2006, 12:42 AM
It is going to be OK Dana. I hope someone help you pull up the website so you can read the posts. Hold you head up if you can :lol: :lol: :P :P

06-03-2006, 02:03 AM
If you want to trade Dana for Gail you're going to have to ante up a dowery!!

06-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Given the two surely Gail can't be all that bad!

06-03-2006, 04:13 AM
It appears that Dana has recently discovered what people think about her and believe it or not she is shocked. Over three decades of screwing people over, lying about everyone, kicking the downtrodden, cutting her fellow supervisors throats, and performing absolutely no work and she is shocked and dismayed! Go figure!

06-03-2006, 04:27 AM
One of the best tricks I ever saw Dana do when I worked for her was the old broken wing routine. This is where you play the, "poor little old me, I'm weak and need help" routine. This is the one she played on old Lana Arnold to get that little raise of hers. She played it with old Clueless for decades and it worked time after time. She even tried the "I'm scared someone is riding by my house and following me!" trick as well. then Clueless and the others would gather around her, even take work off of her to help out the poor dear! How many times over the years did I see her do the "I can't do my file reviews because we're I'm overswamped, I need help," and of course sups were sent to help her. Year and year this went on. It was the only way Dana could survive because she had no competence to fall back on so lying and manipulation was all she had left. Ms. CA, it's still going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-03-2006, 01:13 PM
If you think for one moment that CA DEB is going to address Dana's situation, well, you are wrong. Why? Because she is too busy with her own agenda. She hopes it will go away or that she will get a promotion and leave the problem to the next CA. If the next CA is Tricky Ricky, then the problem remains. If the SEC is serious, he will clean this mess up now! But, at the present time, Deb and the Dream Weaver are too busy with their own thing. In the mean time, Dana will continue to run wild.

06-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, I must say I was somewhat surprised when I went on this website for the first time in a long time only to find that N.W. Florida has now started posting. For a while there it appeared to be only S. Fl. who had something to say, and a lot of it appeared to be just venting. (And some times we all need to vent!) However, after I read all of these posts I felt the need to put in my two cents. I have been in Circuit 1 about twenty years and know officers/sups who have been around much longer than that, some of them from when Dana first started with DOC and although I sometimes doubt the veracity of some of the posts I see about Gail, Jabba, and some of the sups in S. Fl. simply because I don't know the people in question and I know how easy it is to make up stuff about people you don't like, then post it, I can unequivocally say that absolutely nothing I have read on the Dana post is untrue!!!! I have seen her in action for about twenty years and I can tell you that anyone with an ounce of sense has her number. Yes, she has ruined careers and made peoples' lives miserable, yes, she has pulled that "poor little ole me" trick with the higher ups to get away with murder, yes, the other sups all knew what she was like (as many of them felt her knives in their backs as well) yes, she was protected by the former DCA, yes, she is incompetent, yes, she does play favorites as well as picking out one or two "whipping boys/girls" to torture, yes, she is a total liar and oh, yes she is also a good cook!!! In other words, I have not seen one single thing on this post that is not the truth about her. It is too bad that she is shocked and dismayed about this site but I guess you can't go around hurting people for so many years without finally getting your comeuppance!

06-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Dana, If I were you I would sue for slander! Oh, I forgot, you can't claim you have been slandered if it is all TRUE!!!! Sorry, bad advice, no Libel suit for you.

06-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Should the CA be looking into the Dana/Fernando link on the GPS situation? Is anyone higher up interested in how Fernando is rumored to have been manipulating the GPS worksheets and how Dana was turning her head? Or could it be that as usual Dana had not a clue as to what was going on?

06-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey bobo, do you have any idea what the CA's agenda is now?

06-04-2006, 02:19 PM
How could she not finish a file review in twenty years and nobody know? What kind of operation do you people run up there in northwest florida?

06-04-2006, 02:21 PM
That's easy #6, its spelled Doug Harrison and his present protege DEB! If we ever got a decent CA office you'd be surprised how well this place could run!

06-05-2006, 03:26 AM
That's easy #6, its spelled Doug Harrison and his present protege DEB! If we ever got a decent CA office you'd be surprised how well this place could run!

Northwest FL is know for its good ole boy (girl) system. Current CA came into a mess!!! 30 years or so of cover ups and walls of protection. She can not clean up in a matter of 2 to 3 years what took 30+ years to create. Majority of the sups talk about her behind her back but guess what there is a new CA running the Circuit. (LIKE IT OR NOT) Most of the sups do not like her open door policy. Under CA Harrison you better not tell him something about one of his sups, because before you can walk out the door (the sup was called and told everything you said). The sups in this circuit were 30+ years in the making.

06-06-2006, 01:44 AM
You may have a point about the 30+ years in the making but you have to ask yourself how many years does it take to finally make Dana Walker do her job. I realize that is only one of the many problems the new CA now faces but shouldn't a office supervisor be required to complete one entire file review during the time the CA has been here. Doug Harrison never made her do it and he was fully aware of it but shouldn't the new CA require her to. If the new CA was to actually walk next door and ask Dana Walker to pull up a particular screen on her computer she would see very quickly what everyone is talking about or is Dana doing the broken wing routine on her too. Getting her to buy into the "poor little me" or "their picking on me" or "they just don't like me" techniques she has been using for 30+ years. At some point the new CA is going to have to provide the leadership that Doug Harrison and Ralph Moulder never could. Someone has got to finally be RESPONSIBLE for Dana Walker! We are tired of getting stomped on day after day by this woman. The old timers say that the old old CA Ralph Moulder dumped on us with Doug Harrison and I've been around long enough to know Doug Harrison dumped on us with Dana Walker. A fine trio I assure you! The new CA can be the hero if she will just step up to the plate and do what's right! Ask Dana to show the CA how to balance COPS or how to even enter anything on COPS. Now I assure you that as soon as Dana finds out about this message she'll be running in there and studying up on it but I'm sure there are plenty of areas that the CA can pull up to see if she knows what she's talking about! The new CA knows more about policy and probation work that Harrison and Walker put together I assure you! ASK ANY OFFICER WHO EVER WORKED FOR DANA and you will get your answer. They all hated her and you will find nobody to defend her except for ONE officer! That's a pretty sad track record! So we all challenge the new CA to overcome what she inherited and take a leadership role and do what's necessary. All she has to deal with is the TRUTH! People are talking about this website but noone and I repeat noone can find any untruthfulness to it! Don't you think that's sad!

06-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, looks like she's at it again. Getting people to run off the website pages for her as she enters the "poor is me" routine! Gee how was that predictable!!! Most people are just staying out of her hallway so they don't have to listen to her and her cronies whining about the "poor little me."

06-10-2006, 12:56 AM
What about McShane?

06-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Dana, this one was on another site but didn't want you to miss it, "As regards the almighty CA Debo Brown, she is a joke. Its all fear and intimidation - and of course takin care of her own. She is not going to clean up anything because she is headed up - or so she thinks. She knows all the crap about Walker but she pretends not to know. Why? Because if she acknowledged this stuff she would have to take action. Its all smoke and mirrors in Circuit 1."

06-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Dana it appears that south florida already has an incompetent supervisor and they don't want to trade so if you can keep pulling the wool of the CA's eyes then I guess the circuit is stuck with you.

06-15-2006, 12:26 AM
As a commentary Ms. Brown has done nothing in her three years but naturally you already know that. She has used the excuse of "I'm having to correct the previous mistakes of Doug Harrison and clean up the good ole boy system" and obviously that must be going to take a decade or so. Or at least use the excuse for a decade or so. All she did was replace the good old boy system with another system just as bad. As far as Dana is concerned please share with us whatever you're smoking!

06-20-2006, 07:24 PM

06-20-2006, 09:21 PM

06-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Ms. Brown rumor has it you are you picking on us. Leave us shuler and keep ur proctected one over with you. Just because 018 whines don't mess with us .

06-29-2006, 02:42 AM
I see that all of the allegations and short comings of Ms. Walker are being addressed in the tried and true DC way.....move the staff member to another location so that the issues become someone else's rather than just taking care of the issues at hand.....just another shell game :roll:

06-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Everyone knows it's the best way to deal with the problems. Shazaam, they're gone!

06-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Has anyone given any thought about who the sups are going to be here at the west office. Dana has been moved from one place to another. they give her just long enough to screw up an office and then move her so that her mistakes can be covered and become the responsibility of the incoming supervisor. let's try to think how many years of this has been going on with her! Ms. Brown you've done it again and now you've joined the doug harrison club! You've now began to create what you were sent over here to clean up!

07-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Ms. Brown please keep Dana at 018 and leave 015 alone.

08-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Well Dana is at it again! Someone had to explain to her what OBIS stood for and this is a officer supervisor?

08-12-2006, 07:59 PM
They gave Dana a going away dinner at 018 almost a month ago and she is still there.

08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
015 will soon learn of which we speak here at 018. She operates on the "zipper method". You can be sitting in your office when she calls her supervisors to her office for her "hourly emergency meeting". Zip zip there go the two supervisors running to her office. Then zip zip here the two sups go back to theirs. Then several hours later zip zip there the two sups go again for another hourly meeting then zip zip back to theirs. All day long every day. She can't make a decision on her own so that makes everything an "emergency" and the poor sups under her must SUFFER then of course you know what rolls down hill dontcha? Does Deborah Brown care, of course not! It doesn't fit into her overall agenda of making herself look good therefore its of no concern to her. Only that which effects Deborah Brown concerns Deborah Brown!

08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Well she has started the baking routine again. She knows all about recipes just not anyting to do with probation! She operates in a hysterical mode one hundred percent of the time. maybe its time for barry groves to be contacted since deborah brown doesn't seem to know what to do. facts are facts. its all there in black and white for any to investigate. no opinions this time around! Barry where are you when we need you!

08-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Come on. No one is going to do anything with someone who is finishing their time in the DROP program. Dana knows it along with some others sucking every penny they can out of this program when they should long be gone. Just do the best you can and pray that her last 2 years with the department go quickly. The Department will improve immensely upon some of these old timers retirements.

08-30-2006, 12:54 AM
I am told her nickname at one time was "bad" and they called her that to her face. She took it as a compliment until someone let the cat out of the bag. It was an anagram for Broad A$$ Dwarf. :P

08-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Why do you think they call her the "Wicked Witch of the West"?

08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
The origional West Office was at McDonald Shopping Center on Fairfield Drive. She earned her reputation as the Sup. there, and has been cultivating it ever since.

That being said, it does not take a PhD to see she is a very neurotic and pitiful person. She is probably entitled to a dementia praecox defense for a lot of her actions. I blame all 3 CA's for covering up the misery created all these years, and not referring her to the Employee Assistance Program. It has not been fair to us or her. :cry:

09-01-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm not sure what that big word means but if it means "pathological liar" then you hit the nail on the head!

09-03-2006, 08:09 PM
We were discussing this blog at the office the other day and some of the older officers tell a story that is very verifiable. Dana did the old "broken wing" routine with "then in power" Lana Arnold and gave her the old "the male sups don't like me because i'm a female routine" and that's why her pay was so much lower than any of the other sups (not true but who's counting). Of course Lana bellied up (no pun intended) to the bar with a "special pay adjustment" bringing her pay above some of the other sups. The truth was, so the story goes from those that were there, was that she received her promotion to supervisor during a time when DOC was issuing quotas and female sups were one of the guotas they required. Of course Dana came up to the bottom salary of a Sup I from a Officer I whereas other sups worked their way up the ranks and got ten percents (back in those days) along the way but Dana skipped all of that by the "quota" process. So naturally the old timers say she was in the lower percantile of the sups but it was certainly not because she was being picked on. It was just a mathematical truism the way it worked out. No ones fault and certainly not hers at the time, just the way the ball bounced. But this is just another example of how Dana manipulates others, embellishes the facts, and resorts to down right lies when it benefits her! If you don't believe any of this come to our office and ask the staff or better yet go to her previous office and ask them or how about the one before that and ask them! The story will be the same whereever you go! Its called truth, something alien to Dana and something that confuses DB!

09-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Yes, Dana did get promoted during a time of "quotas" and she was the senior female officer at the time, and she was promoted to supervisor over some much more deserving male officers. Everyone, including her, knew at the time why she got the promotion, but it did not take long for her to "forget" and actually think that she had gotten it for her ability. But that is all a part of her "distorted reality". I for one however do not believe she suffers from "dementia praecox" (the original term for schizophrenia) although she certainly does have some of the symptoms.

09-05-2006, 10:25 AM
There are degrees of dementia. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has web feet and feathers like a duck, it is a ___?

09-06-2006, 01:13 AM
What is that quacking sound over on Fairfield? Is it a duck?

09-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Nope that's Dana heading for another piece of the pie she just cooked on company time and dime!

09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
How can I get a menu from Dana's Diner? I understand the cooking and eating on State time is very good. Do they have carry outs? Do they have daily specials? I am very hungry, BC

09-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Her recipes are on OBIS. Whoops I take that back, if they were she wouldn't know how to find them!

09-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Well does she actually know where a manual is located or what one looks like?

09-26-2006, 02:47 AM
well apparently the "emergency" meetings have begun all over again. up the hall she and her duck go and down they come then there they go to her office and here they come and there they go and here they come. all day long!

09-26-2006, 10:15 AM
well apparently the "emergency" meetings have begun all over again. up the hall she and her duck go and down they come then there they go to her office and here they come and there they go and here they come. all day long!

She is the "duck", the person following her up the hall is her "duckling". :P

10-09-2006, 01:13 AM
I was listening to some old classic R&B music and they played one called "Short Fat Fanny" by Larry Williams. The title sure fit, though not so the lyrics. I think I would stick with "Long Tall Sally"! :P

10-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I hear she had the Big Mc Attack over in Pensacola last week. For him to drive over 100 miles to see her, she must cook up some awesome cherry pie. :wink:

10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
One man's meat is another man's poison. :evil:

10-10-2006, 09:14 PM
When is Dana going to post her menu so that we can call in orders and enjoy some of her special cookin? Can you get a discount if you are a cpo? What about law enforcement? Since the SO does not help with Warrant less Arrests, will she overcharge them and give the City a big discount? What about the border patrol? What about the Highway Patrol less? Come on Dana post some of your specials; we all want some of the pie.

10-11-2006, 12:34 AM
I do believe "cherry pie" was a metaphor.

11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Well now it seems like Deborah Brown has finally found something that Dana can do in order to contribute to the efficiency of the circuit. And that one and only thing is to plan and implement an employee appreciation lunch. Well there seems to be a problem because Dana has never done it. Even though she spends her work time cooking and waitressing in her office she appears to lack in the "efficiency" part and as usual never does anything except talk and hold emergency meetings! Or is it that she and Deborah Brown really don't "Appreciate" the staff and therefore its of no consequence to actually see this project through? Once again thank you Doug for all you did for us!!!

11-22-2006, 03:21 AM
Or is it that she and Deborah Brown really don't "Appreciate" the staff and therefore its of no consequence to actually see this project through? Once again thank you Doug for all you did for us!!!

I think you hit that nail right on the head :!:

12-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Still no appreciation of your staff, huh Dana?

04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
well i guess deborah brown gave up on dana walker doing the appreciation lunch. maybe next year her staff will be appreciated or maybe the next year or the next or the next. oh well one of these days we will be appreciated by somebody! I bet Dana will appreciate that big undeserved pension she'll be getting soon. a monthly income that she never worked a day in her life for just like her mentor doug harrison. i would imagine they laugh all the way to the bank with it. if it hadn't been for mcshane doug would have fallen on his face years ago. cudos to you mac for keeping the fat in the can and not lettin it run over.

05-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Now that Karen Lynch has been gone Dana is absolutely lost as to what to do. We need a real supervisor at the West Office. Bring Mark Shuler back so that we have somebody that knows what their doing! This woman is absolutely "clueless," a nickname she took from her mentor and protector Doug Harrison. I guess we will have to call him Clueless I and Dana Clueless II just to be able to tell them apart!