PDA

View Full Version : FBI INVESTIGATION OF SHERIFF

06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
What has become of the famed FBI Investiagtion into our beloved Sheriff? I know many of you posted that he was about to be indicted, or possibly resign yet I hear nothing? Word on the street was that if he was removed by the governor, the Governor was prepared to name either Terry Lewis or Electra Bustle as interim sheriff? That would be horrible, however it would be better then Dunklee and Forbis running the show...

Any more updates???

06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Are we back to this BS again? Comeon, if you are going to start BS rumors, you ought to start a whole new topic, not one that has been hashed out already.

06-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Are we back to this BS again? Comeon, if you are going to start BS rumors, you ought to start a whole new topic, not one that has been hashed out already.I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but you asked for it...

The county attorneys just went to Sheriff Bill Balkwill (http://sarasotasheriff.org/images/Sheriff2004-Serious_smaller.jpg) and Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee (http://sarasotasheriff.org/Staff_Photos/dunklee_thumb.jpg) and told them that the Sarasota County School Board can't use Jon F. Swift, Inc. (http://www.contractors.com/profile/4294466) for any more contracts because FBI agents just questioned them about it. Agents want to know about all the different contracts that the School Board gave to Jon Swift, based on the recommendation of Bill Balkwill. As you know, Balkwill is in bed with the Sarasota School Board because the school board pays half the salaries for all the SROs and the sheriff's office pays the other half, so they are always scratching each others backs. But you're going to see the School Board start to back away slowly from Bill Balkwill and his chief campaigner Larry Dunklee.

I don't know how much longer it will be up and running, but you can visit Swift's website at: http://jonfswiftinc.com/

Anyways, John Swift is a big campaign supporter of Bill Balkwill and that's why the FBI supboened the campaign records of Bill Balkwill from the supervisor of elections (http://www.scgov.net/ElectedOfficials/EODetail.aspx?C7B0C692B2=A998). It is just to show why Bill Balkwill keeps giving Swift all those contracts. It's a reward for being a big campaigner to elect the sheriff -- you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. But that's illegal and it violates Federal antitrust laws, like the Sherman Act (http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/foia/divisionmanual/ch2.htm#a1). Anything over $5000 has to be bid for. You can't just give out contracts to financially "reward" your political campaigners.

The Sarasota School Board is backing away very slowly from Sheriff Bill Balkwill and Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee. Others will do the same as the heat gets turned up. Go ahead and blow all this off, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the FBI is crossing every t and is dotting every i. When they go after a public official, espicially a LEO, they have to do that because if they don't, then they could end up with egg on their face, but that's not going to happen. Eventually, everyone will distance themselves from this current administration, once the cat is officially out of the bag.

Next up.

06-01-2006, 09:22 PM
That should shut SO_Unreal right up! Thanks for the info! I heard that from another reliable source as well so looking forward to seeing whats next!

06-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Geez just please go away....From here on out---- no one respond to the B.S. Maybe this person will grab a clue

06-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Its not BS my friend. You will see. I know you suck BB clean but things are going to change around here one way or another, whether he is here or not.

06-01-2006, 11:24 PM
have you been on the 2nd floor lately? jon swift construction is doing all the work there. they've switched offices around there more times than I can count. seems like a waste of good money.

06-02-2006, 01:05 AM
have you been on the 2nd floor lately? jon swift construction is doing all the work there. they've switched offices around there more times than I can count. seems like a waste of good money.I wondered the exact same thing. Why remodel a room that is perfectly good? :?

06-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Sarasota County owns the building at 2071 and they are the ones who went to contract with Swift, not the Sheriff. In fact, the Sheriff had no control over who was selected by the County to complete the construction. The work done to the new conference room had to be complete to meet fire codes. Still no indictment, next rumor please Dave.

06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Sarasota County owns the building at 2071 and they are the ones who went to contract with Swift, not the Sheriff. In fact, the Sheriff had no control over who was selected by the County to complete the construction. The work done to the new conference room had to be complete to meet fire codes. Still no indictment, next rumor please Dave.Go away Dave!!! :twisted: You have never had command staff experience.
[/*:m:cn8x6n42]
You have never been an executive.
You've lost 3 elections in a row.
You ran against Balkwill and in midstream (just before the election), you dropped out of the race for sheriff and threw your support to Balkwill. Then when Balkwill won, you accepted a job from him making 72k a year. This makes you look like a common political crook. :roll:
After accepting the 72k a year job from Balkwill, you quit just before the next election and ran against him again and lost... again!!!! Now you're going to run again???
You are a campus cop (entry-level patrolman) at New College. How does this equip you to be a LE executive to run a 1000 employee agency with an 87 million dollar budget? WTF? :roll:
You campaigned for over a year, but Ray Pilon campaigned for 3 months -- and you only got 50 more votes than Pilon????? Hint Hint :roll: [/*:m:cn8x6n42]Get a grip on reality.

Simpson (or Gustafson) for sheriff!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: (not!!!!)

06-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Well, one might ask what makes some of the current staff equipped to handle their current roles? Lets see, the BB? Under FBI Investigation, not to mention his just being a Capt. Morgan Boozer. # 2 man (LD)? No college, host of internal complaints, past domestic complaints. # 3 man (DS) promoted, demoted after being arrested and convicted of dui with injuries and repromoted again to head up the jail?

At least DG has graduated with honors from the FBI Academy, worked as a sworn supervisor with the sheriff's office and as a suervisory agenct with the state attorney's office. no complaints, no boozing, no previous arrests, no touching himself, no domestic complaints, no FBI investigations.

Feel better now?

06-02-2006, 08:19 PM
# 2 man (LD)? No collegeWrong again!!! He has an A.S. degree!!!
At least DG has graduated with honors from the FBI Academy.LD is an FBI graduate. :mrgreen:
At least DG has worked as a sworn supervisor with the sheriff's office.Wrong again!!! DG has never worked as a supervisor at the S/O. He was given "speciality" stripes, but he was not in charge of anyone. ;)
At least DG has worked as a suervisory agenct with the state attorney's office. Wrong again!!! He was not a supervisor of anyone when he worked at the state attorney's office. Period. Nice twist on words. :roll:
Feel better now?Yes, TU. :mrgreen:

06-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm glad to see someone in BB's staff responding and defending his cronies, however your recent posting says it all. You mention that LD FINALLY got an AA? We have deputies with more education then him... :lol:

NEXT: You defend LD's college, or lack thereof, yet never respond to his problem of sexual harrassment or his past domestic problems???

NEXT: You never defend BB's drinking issues?

Well, its almost 5pm, so no one will respond from BB's admin, they are usually gone after lunch most days. :P :P :P

06-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Lets face it, the entire Sheriff's Dept needs a MAJOR overhaul. We need new leadership in almost every area. We have gone from a department that was once recognized everywhere to the laughing stock of police work. SPD and even Longboat Key laugh at us. Hope we get a proven leader and he/she cleans house.

We don't need Balkwill, Dunklee, Gustufson, Hogle, Laverello, Hoffman or any of the other clowns looking for the office.

06-02-2006, 10:50 PM
We don't need Balkwill, Dunklee, Gustufson, Hogle, Laverello, Hoffman or any of the other clowns looking for the office.Who the hell do we need then??? :?

06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
We don't need Balkwill, Dunklee, Gustufson, Hogle, Laverello, Hoffman or any of the other clowns looking for the office.Who the hell do we need then??? :?IMO all of the above listed candidates are "outsiders," with the exception of BB & LD. :shock:

06-05-2006, 01:49 AM
who cares, its politics and nothing will change this is my 5th election coming up...they come they go...As long I get my raise I dont care why because the brass do not affect us.

As far as construction. Hello WHO CARES. yeah that has a lot to with me putting someone in jail. Come on man grow up. Nothing will change except for hopefully youll stroke over worrying about this non sense..... Take a vacation and forget about this crap. Take it from a veteran. it wont matter in the end.

06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Stop worrying about this non sense..... Take a vacation and forget about this crap. Take it from a veteran. it wont matter in the end.Hummmmm :?

06-07-2006, 10:08 PM
[quote="SO_Unreal":qhl81is6]Are we back to this BS again? Comeon, if you are going to start BS rumors, you ought to start a whole new topic, not one that has been hashed out already.I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but you asked for it...

The county attorneys just went to Sheriff Bill Balkwill (http://sarasotasheriff.org/images/Sheriff2004-Serious_smaller.jpg) and Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee (http://sarasotasheriff.org/Staff_Photos/dunklee_thumb.jpg) and told them that the Sarasota County School Board can't use Jon F. Swift, Inc. (http://www.contractors.com/profile/4294466) for any more contracts because FBI agents just questioned them about it. Agents want to know about all the different contracts that the School Board gave to Jon Swift, based on the recommendation of Bill Balkwill. As you know, Balkwill is in bed with the Sarasota School Board because the school board pays half the salaries for all the SROs and the sheriff's office pays the other half, so they are always scratching each others backs. But you're going to see the School Board start to back away slowly from Bill Balkwill and his chief campaigner Larry Dunklee.

I don't know how much longer it will be up and running, but you can visit Swift's website at: http://jonfswiftinc.com/

Anyways, John Swift is a big campaign supporter of Bill Balkwill and that's why the FBI supboened the campaign records of Bill Balkwill from the supervisor of elections (http://www.scgov.net/ElectedOfficials/EODetail.aspx?C7B0C692B2=A998). It is just to show why Bill Balkwill keeps giving Swift all those contracts. It's a reward for being a big campaigner to elect the sheriff -- you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. But that's illegal and it violates Federal antitrust laws, like the Sherman Act (http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/foia/divisionmanual/ch2.htm#a1). Anything over $5000 has to be bid for. You can't just give out contracts to financially "reward" your political campaigners.

The Sarasota School Board is backing away very slowly from Sheriff Bill Balkwill and Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee. Others will do the same as the heat gets turned up. Go ahead and blow all this off, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the FBI is crossing every t and is dotting every i. When they go after a public official, espicially a LEO, they have to do that because if they don't, then they could end up with egg on their face, but that's not going to happen. Eventually, everyone will distance themselves from this current administration, once the cat is officially out of the bag.

Next up.[/quote:qhl81is6]A couple of years ago, we wondered why Sheriff Bill Balkwill awarded Jon F. Swift the contract to remodel the quartermaster's storage room (on the first floor of 2071 Ringling Boulevard) when another contractor had a lower bid of almost 10,000 dollars. :?

The puzzle is all starting to come together now. Is that called a kickback or a political payback or a "friendship award" for the political support of Jon F. Swift during the election for sheriff? :?

Sergeant X
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Do you know any LEO job where it is any different? There are different degrees of politics at all agencies, but to what degree? People say it's a lot at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. There are allegations that: People are promoted based on which political sign they carried, instead of being based on qualifications. We could all give different examples, but I'll use Harold Sicks because he took the sergeants test a couple of times, but he kept flunking it, but after he held a campaign sign for Balkwill on street corners, he was promoted to sergeant after the election, even though he flunked the sergeants test. Some people say that this stuff happens everywhere, but I dunno -- to what degree does it happen everywhere??? Does it happen more here than anywhere else??? Yeaa, that's what line officers think. I only used Harold Sicks as an example because when he was promoted, none of the sergeants could believe it -- and I mean all of us. I dare you to ask any sergeant about it and you'll get an earful. What we had to work for, Harold got because he held a campaign sign. I've got nothing against Harold Sicks, but that's not the point because the issue isn't about Harold. The issue is about politics and political paybacks and political rewards, even when basic qualifications aren't met. Nobody blames Harold for accepting a promotion because everybody accepts a promotion when it's offered. The issue is a lot bigger then Harold Sicks, even though I don't think he should be wearing the stripes because he's wearing them for all the wrong reasons. The issue is: to what degree does politics run this agency??? Has it become the driving force and is it good for the agency? No, it's not good.
[/*:m:3p0jevb1]
There are also allegations that financial contracts are being awarded to contractors, based on which political sign they held, and that the FBI is looking into this. Some of these contracts are worth thousands of dollars. The allegation is that Balkwill has given many contracts to Jon F. Swift because Swift held a campaign sign for Balkwill during the election. As a result, Swift has alledgedly benefited from this and he has alledgedly made thousands of dollars, all because he was a campaign supporter of Balkwill. Again, the question keeps popping up: to what degree should politcs play a role in all of this at a law enforcement agency???
[/*:m:3p0jevb1]
Larry Dunklee was a low level line supervisor, but he was also the campaign manager for Balkwill. Oops, there's those magic words again: "campaign manager" for Balkwill during the election. After Balkwill won the election, Balkwill gave his campaign manager (Larry Dunklee) multiple promotions, all the way up to chief deputy, the #2 in command, now making $111,000 per year, all because he is Balkwill's "campaign manager." And now the campaign manager (Dunklee Sr.) has hired his son (Dunklee Jr.) ahead of other qualified applicants. The issue isn't about a father's love for his son --> the issue is much bigger then that. It's about the degree of politics that we see driving this agency.[/*:m:3p0jevb1]Yeaa, politics is at every department, but to what degree??? When does it turn into corruption that isn't good for the agency??? It's all about degrees of politics and degrees of corruption and degrees of moral bankruptcy.

I'll be retiring soon and the younger generation will be taking over, but I'll never forget what I've seen happen to this agency, not by a longshot.

04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
This one two!!!!

05-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Oh, I dunno..Pee Wee Herman?

05-01-2008, 12:09 PM
This is a stupid thread. Next topic

05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Heard the new H-T reporter is asking around town about Swift.
Someone is in his ear about it.

05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
less than a month ago the $587,475 contract to build sheriff's hangar at venice airport was awarded to swift.

05-08-2008, 01:05 AM
less than a month ago the $587,475 contract to build sheriff's hangar at venice airport was awarded to swift.

By the Board of County Commissioners, not the Sheriff. When will you baffoons give up on this agenda. When it was looked at by the FBI two years ago they found no wrong doing by the Sheriff. The Sheriff does not award contracts for construction, the county does as they own the property and hold the money.

Next slanderous accusation Dave?