PDA

View Full Version : Can males wear kilts?

NIGHT RANGER
06-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Per policy, I see nothing not allowing a male officer to wear a kilt.

06-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Nor do you see anything dis-allowing it. Show those legs Bud.

06-01-2006, 02:56 AM
I want to be included in the new fad of men wearing capri's to work. I also want to try to wear city shorts.

I heared one office has a kilt day scheduled as a morale booster.

Night Ranger Rules

06-01-2006, 03:02 AM
only males can wear the shirts, they sent 4 people home on a/l yesterday for dress code violation.

06-01-2006, 03:41 AM
but many officers who are now openingly carrying their firearm like to wear them. They like other officers to be aboe to identify them . Makes safe sense. So is your office being told only males can feel safer. The policy does notsay women can not wear polos, so why not send a email up the chain of commande asking for clearifcation .

06-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Someone in Tallahassee PLEASE let Yvette Allen at 06-1 and David Rice, DCA, know that their interpretation of the dress code is WRONG. Men are NOT the only ones allowed to wear polo shirts; the policy says INAPPROPRIATE wording is not allowed-that DOES NOT mean the DC shirts we all wear; rubber beach sandals basically mean flip flops type shoes, NOT leather dress shoes with a rubber sole/heel; and that cotton collarless shirts for women ARE acceptable-the term T shirt refers to the common men's undershirt type shirt. This may seem like a small issue to some, but when it's inconsistently applied in 1 : office AND shrinks many of our wardrobes to next to nothing, it becomes a big deal for those suffering the illogic of a couple people in charge. :(

06-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Unfortunately, unless the women of 06-1 band together and take this UP the chain of command (briefly pausing at Yvette Allen just long enough to tell her what you are doing) then nothing will get fixed. She is a lunatic hell bent on ruining that office even more than she's already done. Over 11 officers have left. She sends the rest home for wardrobe violations. How about her weight violations? How well can she perform DTs in her current size? Females can't wear polo shirts with a DC badge on them? C'mon, people, this HAS to come from your office, those of us out here who know she is full of shit up to her ears can't do it for you.
What's the worst repercussion...she'll send you home because your hair isn't parted correctly? Hell, you should all dress in violation of the policy on one given day and let her send the whole office home. Especially on a Monday. During reporting. Let her explain to Circuit why she has no staff.
Sounds better to me than a "sick out". Go ahead, make her do it. Believe me, Circuit 6 is behind you.

Darth Duck
06-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Tomorrow I am going to hug my DCA and CA and thank them for being sane. You guys need someone to take a letter or write up and grieve it. Write an email to Tallahassee, believe me I have seen that work lately. I will pray for you all.

06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately, unless the women of 06-1 band together and take this UP the chain of command (briefly pausing at Yvette Allen just long enough to tell her what you are doing) then nothing will get fixed. She is a lunatic hell bent on ruining that office even more than she's already done. Over 11 officers have left. She sends the rest home for wardrobe violations. How about her weight violations? How well can she perform DTs in her current size? Females can't wear polo shirts with a DC badge on them? C'mon, people, this HAS to come from your office, those of us out here who know she is full of shit up to her ears can't do it for you.
What's the worst repercussion...she'll send you home because your hair isn't parted correctly? Hell, you should all dress in violation of the policy on one given day and let her send the whole office home. Especially on a Monday. During reporting. Let her explain to Circuit why she has no staff.
Sounds better to me than a "sick out". Go ahead, make her do it. Believe me, Circuit 6 is behind you.

Sounds like a great idea. :P

06-02-2006, 01:20 AM
The original post was about a kilt; not about angry 6-1 employees. It was a joke poking fun at procedure and that is all.

06-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Would I have to shave my legs to wear a kilt? And then, boxers or briefs? :roll:

06-02-2006, 02:59 AM
you must be kiddding. No living in todays world would make that comment. It not only is wrong, it is called discrimination and it is against the federal law. If this is not a joke, then do something. You can not discriminate against me, and charge me annual leave for it. I would ask for the annual leave back .

06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Yvette's dress code interpretation is NO joke! Unfortunately, there are "certain chosen" among us who she greatly dislikes (don't get me started on THAT hot topic) and after having her rip you a new one for daring to make a comment she doesn't like, you begin to get battle weary and know that her payback for challenging her almighty word is NOT worth the price you will pay.

What is the saddest about the whole situation at 06-1 is that circuit has been aware of problems for a long time and has taken no steps to either ask the office personnel about the problems or brought her to task for her lies and policy violations.

Those survivors at 06-1 thank the rest of you for your understanding and support, still hope that someone in management may actually show some interest in the breakdown of this office, commend the 10 or so people who had the good sense to jump ship since she's been there and still feel pride in knowing that, in spite of the evilness at the office, we still manage to do our jobs and do it well.

06-02-2006, 11:04 PM
If the first two, or three, or four steps in the chain of command haven't worked, keep going higher until you find one that does. Every time she wears you down, she scores another point in her phat pocket. Take it higher. What's the worse she can do that she hasn't done already? Send you home? Write you up? Assign you more cases? Isn't that what she already does anyway? What can she do that's worse...follow you home and break the springs in your couch?

Yes, we do commend both the staff that had the sense (and positions available) to leave and those who are stuck behind. Can't wait until she becomes our next DCA. However, I, for one, will climb happily over her to get to someone who will listen.

06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
together we stand , divided it will fall.

06-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Don't be silly str8shooter, real men don't wear anything under their kilts! :lol: :lol: