PDA

View Full Version : NEW COMMISSIONER

05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
From the Governor's Office web page at myflorida.com:

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE),
a nationally accredited law enforcement agency,
is seeking qualified applicants to fill the vacancy of:

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - FDLE

As Florida's chief investigative law enforcement official, the Executive Director has overall management responsibilities for FDLE, a statewide agency of almost 2000 members and an annual budget exceeding $290 million. FDLE’s mission is to promote public safety and strengthen domestic security by providing services in partnership with local, state and federal criminal justice agencies to prevent, investigate, and solve
crimes while protecting Florida's citizens and visitors. The Executive Director establishes policy and provides overall direction for the department’s five programs:
Investigations and Forensic Science, Criminal Justice Information, Criminal Justice Professionalism, Business Support, and the Florida Capitol Police. Services are delivered through 7 regional operations centers, 15 field offices and 7 crime laboratories. The Executive Director coordinates the state’s anti-terror efforts, commands law enforcement mutual aid efforts in disaster situations, and serves as Chair of Florida's
Domestic Security Oversight Council.

RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and ten years of progressively responsible management experience in a law enforcement or criminal justice agency. A master’s degree is preferred. Graduation from the FBI National Academy or the Southern Police Institute is highly desirable. The Executive Director must be a bona fide resident of the State of Florida.

NOTE: Salary will be determined by the Governor and Cabinet. Background investigation required, including drug test and credit check.

TO APPLY: Submit a resume and State of Florida Application to:

Celeste Lewis
Director of Appointments
Executive Office of the Governor
The Capitol, LL-10
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
For further information, call (850) 488-2183.

APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: June 30, 2006

Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer / Drug-Free Workplace.

06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Whoever the "lucky" person is...given the current political atmosphere, they certainly will need MUCH prayer!

07-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Rumor has it Walt McNeil, Police Chief at Tallahassee PD is almost a shoe in for the job. Like all rumors we must wait and see...

07-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Screw Bush!

07-22-2006, 04:52 AM
I have been told throigh the ost reliable source opn the following changes being finalized for a presentation next week at the zgov.s Ofc.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE HALF THIS STUFF

Commissioner : Rick Caplano
Asst/ Comm : Don Ugliano
Asst/ Comm : Dennis williamson
IG : Harry Solowsky
Cap. Police CHF: Scotty Sanderson
Executive Invetigations : John Doughtie

REMOVED FROM OFFICE:

Electra Bustle
and Mr. Bustle

07-27-2006, 02:48 PM
You're right! I DON'T!!!!!

07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
As someone who is on this list. Get real!!!! You don't really consider this to be serious do you?

Although I am considering running directly for the Governor's office and bypass any political aspirations as Commissioner.

Electra and Dennis are the only real names listed there that could / would be Commissioner. Ugliano would have a shot if they didn't have that picture of him and that donkey.

07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I understand that the donkey was underage also.

07-27-2006, 11:56 PM
To all who have notified me regarding this forum. I actually find it humorous and no I am not going to be Commissioner although I would like to be for about 1 hour so I can deal with certain select exempt persons.

Don't take this thing real serious. It is what it is. A Forum where anyone can come on and say anything they want.....and I haven't seen anything that causes real concern anyway. You should check out some of the vicious comments on some of the local sights.

Let me remind you that if you want a serious forum for your use where entry is restricted to members of the FDLE Agents Association, log on to your FDLEAA Website at www.FDLEAgents.org (http://www.FDLEAgents.org) and register.

In closing...I think it's only fair to say that I know for a fact that it was consentual on the donkey's part.

07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Went to the "SERIOUS FORUM" and noticed that the last post was 1/15/2006 about someone retiring. Obviously not a lot of SERIOUS issues at FDLE.

Let's face it, retaliation and ass kissing are an integral part of law enforcement in todays world. Look at the time and money Hillsborough SO spent trying to get to the IP's of people posting.

The reason this "NOT SO SERIOUS" forum is popular is that the people running the site have demonstrated that they are going to protect the identities of users.

It's not my axe to grind, but take a look at the background on FDLE's handling of Det. DeBlock's allegations in the past. You got to love the politics involved.

Good luck on serious posts.

DLE1
07-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Actually, not much information coming from the "serious board", or from PBA as a whole. Not that they aren't working for us, we just don't hear anything about it for a while.

I don't even know whether we still have a rep in the region and if we do, whether that rep goes to any meetings anymore.

I have asked a few questions on that board and never got an answer. I guess if I was from South Florida I would have.

07-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Went to the "SERIOUS FORUM" and noticed that the last post was 1/15/2006 about someone retiring. Obviously not a lot of SERIOUS issues at FDLE.

Let's face it, retaliation and ass kissing are an integral part of law enforcement in todays world. Look at the time and money Hillsborough SO spent trying to get to the IP's of people posting.

The reason this "NOT SO SERIOUS" forum is popular is that the people running the site have demonstrated that they are going to protect the identities of users.

It's not my axe to grind, but take a look at the background on FDLE's handling of Det. DeBlock's allegations in the past. You got to love the politics involved.

Good luck on serious posts.

Wow....relax. I am simply trying to make a point to those that have expressed concern that comments made on this site would harm agent credibility with the Gov. and others who were mentioned.

Understand that those in authority can not and will not take comments made on here against them seriously because of the forums set up. Any citizen can come on here and say whatever and that's fine...because that is it's intention. No need to badmouth the FDLEAA Forum.

99.9% of our serious issues are handled in a serious manner. Face to face with those who can address the issue in the best logical manner. It's existance is simply there to allow agents to still vent publically within FDLE without airing our issues and dirty laundry to the public.

I'm not badmouthing your prefered forum. I just think one needs to look at it for what it actually is and don't expect miracles or repercussions to occur because of it.

To the other agent that felt his/her issues were not being addressed, feel free to call me directly and I'll make sure anything you have questions on will be answered. Things do run relatively smooth here in FDLE and you don't here from PBA as much as in other agencies but we are all just a phone call away if you need us.

Thanks,
Rick

08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Enough of this crap!!!! What about the donkey??