PDA

View Full Version : New Chief ....any changes???

05-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Heard you have a new boss, any changes ?????

06-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Not yet...he has only been here a week, but we like what we see so far. I think this place is gonna start changing for the better

06-20-2006, 01:15 AM
still nothing?????

07-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Plenty of changes,,,thing are looking good

10-16-2006, 04:14 AM
Well, i think those changes are starting to die down. Has anyone really seen an effort for retention of the current officers? Other than the massive 3% lower than cost of living raise.

10-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Well I have to agree on the raises, I left USF PD for two reasons; horrible pay raises...starting officer pay was about equal to someone that has been there about 5yrs..., and the fact that aggresive police work wasnt liked. From what I've heard, all the new Chief cares about is aggressive Traffic Law Enforcement!.... what a change!, all ll I have to say is "Great!, its about time!" When I was working there the main thing they cared about was building security checks and pleasing the the USF Administration. Had there been the new changes in the Department , I might of stayed, but then again...the pay isn't competitive for the long run.

10-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Yes, the pay is not competitive, and some of us think what's going on with the traffic enforcement is Overzealous. There are more than one of us that think that the new Chief is Overzealous. We are also seeing increasing problems with the draft situation. Rumor has it that we are going to be drafted for shift work that is non reimersible. In the introductory meeting with the the new Chief, he said that he was going to work on the Draft situation, so we wouldnt be Drafted as much, especially on our three day weekend off, but it seems to be getting worse. Don't be suprised if you see a few people leave in the next six months to a year...is retention still a problem?

10-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Yes, the pay is not competitive, and some of us think what's going on with the traffic enforcement is Overzealous. There are more than one of us that think that the new Chief is Overzealous. We are also seeing increasing problems with the draft situation. Rumor has it that we are going to be drafted for shift work that is non reimersible. In the introductory meeting with the the new Chief, he said that he was going to work on the Draft situation, so we wouldnt be Drafted as much, especially on our three day weekend off, but it seems to be getting worse. Don't be suprised if you see a few people leave in the next six months to a year...is retention still a problem?

Why don't they hire a few more officers to help with the staffing shortage?

11-01-2006, 04:53 AM
There are a few new guys now, but we have to keep what we have. Give it time.

11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
give it time...meaning you think you will lose them? or give it time....until the staff shortage is worked out?

11-01-2006, 07:50 PM
The current draft system is an absolute joke. The only reason people get drafted is because not enough people want to work overtime. Here is an idea, make the people who don't work any overtime the only ones who can be drafted,,,,but wait, that would make sense . :roll:

11-02-2006, 02:37 AM
I guess I have to agree with that to some degree, but it has to be looked at on a payperiod time frame. Just because you work a lot of overtime, if you havent worked any in the pay period the draft is in, then you should be eligible for a draft, otherwise you should be exempt. To me this makes more sense than judging the accumulative hours. But the funny thing to me is, most agencies are fighting over who gets to work the overtime, not who dosent want to work overtime. On some agencies you dont get any overtime unless you have the connections to get the job. How much money can be earned at USF in overtime on an annual basis?

11-03-2006, 06:31 AM
If your on days, the sky is the limit. Nights is another story. You work the road half of the events. Overall between sundome time, and other events, an average of about 2 to 3 grand extra. 4 grand if you really hump it.

11-04-2006, 06:35 AM
gee 4 -5 grand extra ..............and some of you are crying??????

12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
The current draft system is an absolute joke. The only reason people get drafted is because not enough people want to work overtime. Here is an idea, make the people who don't work any overtime the only ones who can be drafted,,,,but wait, that would make sense . :roll:

No that makes absolutely no sense.

12-02-2006, 01:50 AM

No that makes absolutely no sense.

Hmmmmm,,,could that comment be coming from a person that does'nt work any overtime,,,,YES