PDA

View Full Version : robber

05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
great job geting this one :D

Bank robbery suspect arrested Tuesday

VENICE - A 35-year-old career criminal was arrested Tuesday by Sarasota County Sheriff's deputies on a bank robbery charge.

According to a SCSO report, James Warren Osceola entered the Wachovia Bank location at 1301 South US 41 Bypass in Venice just before 11 am and handed a teller a note demanding money. The teller complied and the suspect fled the scene in a silver-colored sedan.

Another teller jotted down the license plate number of the vehicle and passed it along to deputies. At approximately 11:15, a SCSO deputy patrolling Interstate 75 near Jacaranda Blvd. spotted the vehicle and pulled the car over.

Osceola was sitting in the backseat with large amount of cash in an envelope. Among the bills were two $50s called 'bait money.' Those bills had recorded serial numbers that investigators were able to determine came from the Wachovia Bank.

The driver of the vehicle, Connie Hough, was not charged. Osceola was transported to the Sarasota County Jail where he is being held without bond.

The suspect is no stranger to law enforcement with an extensive arrest record that goes back to 1988. Osceola has served three stints in the state prison system on charges out of Highland, Hendry, Glades and Pasco counties.

His previous crimes include grand theft, uttering a forged document, escape and dealing in stolen property.

News Flash
05-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Very good job to all involved. Glad everyone is safe and the bad guy is in jail.

James Warren Osceola is the bank robber:

http://www.wwsb.com/news/article_images/web-005-30-06-osceola.jpg
Source: ABC 7 (http://www.wwsb.com/news/details.asp?id=44798)

05-31-2006, 03:46 AM
Good Job to SS for finding the vehicle and keeping calm during the take down. Everyone else didnt sound so good.

05-31-2006, 10:09 AM
1. They identified the marked serial numbers on the bank notes, so it implicated him in the robbery (good job on that!!!).

2. They didn't impounded the vehicle or arrest the driver, based on their investigation of the "totality of the circumstances." (good job!!!)

I am impressed with some of these small details that can make a big case really really hard or really really smooth. In this case, it went smooth, but I've seen some clusters in the past. Good job!!! :)

06-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes awesome job, however the only complaint we had from the North side was lack of communication on DOT. We were all heading to I-75 but no-one could tell where it was going . I know the Primary was busy but there was a warrants unit and VPD who could of called it but oh well SS. You did great...