PDA

View Full Version : questions?

05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
how many people get into the cadet program ? 20? 30? 10? 5?. About how many officers does the department need in the next 2 years? The website says starting pay is 38000, yet the application packet says starting pay is approximately 36000. which one is it? What is a typical shift a rookie will work for the first 2 years ? I saw a few officers with shotguns in their possesion, are patrol officers given shotguns? I would appreciate it if i could get feedback from officers or anyone that knows the answers to these questions. Thank you for your time, and i hope to here from many people. Thanks again!

05-30-2006, 02:45 PM
The actual number needed over the next 2 years is unknown. The way the numbers are played with no one really knows how many we have, other than "not enough". Realistically this department should be in the 700-800 range as far as authorized strength. We are at the same 539-540 range we were at 20 plus years ago.

The starting pay is the 38,000 figure. Anyone can get a shotgun from the equipment at the beginning of each shift (if you have qualified with it).

Spend your time and energy making youself look good to any other agecny than this one that will send you to the academy. Just because this place will hire you quick does not mean you want to be here.