PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 office Move

05-30-2006, 02:05 AM
I heard tha the move was due to Mrs. Scala wanting more security. The office is going to moved to the old Naval Base. My understanding is that the office will be in the old command post. It is NBC and conventional munitions proof. I hope they remember to change the filters in the A/C system. It also has a backup generator and can withstand category 5 winds. They will also have access to a full kitchen. It is envied by not only the state EOC but also CO.

It is great they are thinking of their safety. What about us? We will still be in normal construction. Most of our offices are probably in flood zones. While we are in the midst of the storm, Region will be nice and Cozy.

05-30-2006, 02:10 AM
I heard tha the move was due to Mrs. Scala wanting more security. The office is going to moved to the old Naval Base. My understanding is that the office will be in the old command post. It is NBC and conventional munitions proof. I hope they remember to change the filters in the A/C system. It also has a backup generator and can withstand category 5 winds. They will also have access to a full kitchen. It is envied by not only the state EOC but also CO.

It is great they are thinking of their safety. What about us? We will still be in normal construction. Most of our offices are probably in flood zones. While we are in the midst of the storm, Region will be nice and Cozy.

well we should be out in the field right after a hurricane so our building isnt as important - they need to have secure facilities to coordinate our supervision activities after a natural disaster so we can be more efficient and get better direction....

05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
HUH??

mystikwarrior
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
well we should be out in the field right after a hurricane so our building isnt as important - they need to have secure facilities to coordinate our supervision activities after a natural disaster so we can be more efficient and get better direction....
Yeah. Then you won't have things like offenders trying 18 different times to report to their PO who evacuated, nobody else would talk to him because they all evacuated as well, and when his PO finally did come back he violated the guy......for not reporting.
PO's should not be allowed to evacuate. Period. Send your family on if you want. But you stay and make yourself available to your cases. It's your job.

05-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah. Then you won't have things like offenders trying 18 different times to report to their PO who evacuated, nobody else would talk to him because they all evacuated as well, and when his PO finally did come back he violated the guy......for not reporting.
PO's should not be allowed to evacuate. Period. Send your family on if you want. But you stay and make yourself available to your cases. It's your job.

I agree with you there thats why I go directly to the field after a hurricane to see who isnt complying with their orders.
PO's should supervise offenders closely after a disaster.

05-31-2006, 04:49 PM
I go out in the middle of the storm... you wusssees. :lol:

05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Why would a senior manager administrator be allowed to move the office closer to her home.

I did some research.

Tampa has be a Regional Office site since 1976 when the Department of Corrections was created.

The largest Circuits in the Region and the largest offender population and citizen population are within the Tampa Bay area.

But then why confuse the issue with facts.

It is a closer drive for Ms. Scala, she lives in Central Florida

06-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Why would a senior manager administrator be allowed to move the office closer to her home.

I did some research.

Tampa has be a Regional Office site since 1976 when the Department of Corrections was created.

The largest Circuits in the Region and the largest offender population and citizen population are within the Tampa Bay area.

But then why confuse the issue with facts.

It is a closer drive for Ms. Scala, she lives in Central Florida

Orlando was Region 3 or 4 office in the day. We had a Regional Office in Orlando. We shrank from 5 to 3. Tampa was region 5, 4 and now 2. The area is much larger now for the RA.

I don't know Mrs. Scala but RHIP. So her boss let her move the office closer to her house. If that's the worst thing we have to worry about we are doing fine.

Darth Duck
06-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Isn't it better the further away they are?

06-01-2006, 11:59 PM
LESS TRAVEL TIME FOR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR BARBARA SCALA

06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
[quote="MESHUGE"]LESS TRAVEL TIME FOR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR BARBARA SCALA quote]

Thats kinda low - everyone in the state knew you didnt arrest without an active warrant then period regardless if there was some little statement saying you could that know one knew. Crosby acted terribly on that due to some media coverage. Why isnt the media saying the Police are out of line for not Violating their probation when they are arrested for a new crime usually posting bond that evening prior to DOC becoming aware where they could go kill someone like Deltona. DOC just feeds the treatment we get inviting blame from the media even if it is primarily someone else's.

06-02-2006, 12:18 AM
The above post is horribly written. Ever hear of a comma?

06-02-2006, 12:28 AM
The above post is horribly written. Ever hear of a comma?

thanks mr. english teacher..........

Darth Duck
06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
[quote="MESHUGE"]LESS TRAVEL TIME FOR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR BARBARA SCALA
Take that kind of garbage somewhere else. We need a moderator to end these pointless personal attacks. Everyone talks about being a professional but acts like children.

Merlin
06-02-2006, 01:19 PM
LESS TRAVEL TIME FOR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR BARBARA SCALA TO VISIT HER PSCHOLIGIST 3 TIMES A WEEK. SHE IS STILL TRYING TO DEAL WITH 7 PEOPLE BEING KILLED ON HERs AND JOE HATEM WATCH!

Take that kind of garbage somewhere else. We need a moderator to end these pointless personal attacks. Everyone talks about being a professional but acts like children.

Agreed. There's no excuse for a post like this. There are plenty others that are almost equally offensive and clearly attack people we work with on a personal level.

Being new here and not really knowing the rules or what the moderators do, may I ask if this is normal for this forum? Was this post reported to the mod, what about other offensive posts?

This forum can be an awesome tool to communicate issues within DOC and the community. If we focus on screening out the abusive posters, who obviously have nothing intelligent to say anyway, we may actually have meaningful dialogue and be able to solve some issues. I'm not trying to say this is how it should be. If you guys enjoy posts from verbally abusive officers then bring it on. It's not the message I would prefer you all send to the public.

Thanks Duck for speaking up.

Now what is being done about this OUTRAGEOUS post? Was it reported? To whom do we report this to? Why is it still here? This is totally unacceptable.

06-03-2006, 03:40 PM
I also have to agree with Duck and Merlin. If you want to make a general criticism about someone in the professional realm, fine, but to attack someone's mental health, especially over something that she had no more control over than the officer (who most defended), is ridiculus. I worked with her briefly in the 9th circuit and have spoken with her at DOC events in Tallahassee, and she always seemed very approachable and just a nice lady. That's a good question Merlin. I don't know how or to whom to report something like this.

Yes I dont know her that well but when I was in region 2 she seemed nice when she came around unlike some other region officials. That incident in Deltona was Crosby being unprofessional and nothing else. He fired Hatem and them for being in the chain of command and nothing else. It was like Mr. Hatem said using Mr. Crosby's reasoning on that, he should have resigned himself.

06-04-2006, 12:45 PM
There are plenty others that are almost equally offensive and clearly attack people we work with on a personal level.

Unfortunately for some of us, we have been attacked ourselves and use this forum to counter-attack and keep our jobs. "File a grievance" ha ha ha - I hear you, but I need my paycheck and so I come on here and tell the TRUTH about those who call themselves "supervisors". They're playing a dirty game, my friend, and should be stopped. But if you try to stop them - they will just play their dirty game more intensely and you're either fired, demoted and/or removed from their line of sight. It's the DOC way and if you're new... you will learn. Trust me.

Merlin
06-04-2006, 12:58 PM
There are plenty others that are almost equally offensive and clearly attack people we work with on a personal level.

Unfortunately for some of us, we have been attacked ourselves and use this forum to counter-attack and keep our jobs. "File a grievance" ha ha ha - I hear you, but I need my paycheck and so I come on here and tell the TRUTH about those who call themselves "supervisors". They're playing a dirty game, my friend, and should be stopped. But if you try to stop them - they will just play their dirty game more intensely and you're either fired, demoted and/or removed from their line of sight. It's the DOC way and if you're new... you will learn. Trust me.

I understand what you are saying and I am sorry you feel like you were attacked. And quite naturally it's human nature to want to retaliate, but when does the cycle stop? I've read many posts about how officers feel like management is mean spirited and vindictive yet the officers display the same qualities on this website with their counter-attack. Hey, I don't have the answers by a long shot.....just curious how productive or meaningful vindictive comments on a website can really be.

06-04-2006, 01:50 PM
This is a free space and you can post anything you like as long as it is not restrictive policy. Period.

06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
The retaliation stops when the PO is fired or quits.

06-04-2006, 08:03 PM

I understand what you are saying and I am sorry you feel like you were attacked. And quite naturally it's human nature to want to retaliate, but when does the cycle stop? I've read many posts about how officers feel like management is mean spirited and vindictive yet the officers display the same qualities on this website with their counter-attack. Hey, I don't have the answers by a long shot.....just curious how productive or meaningful vindictive comments on a website can really be.

Believe it or not this website along with many other anonymous complaints got rid of the tie for males every day change that the Colonel wanted at first. Yes he did put the idea out first not the Doctor.

06-04-2006, 11:08 PM
AS A DEPUTY REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR BARBARA SCALA DID NOTHING...NOTHING.....ASK CIRCUIT TEN. EVERY TIME SHE WAS SEEN ALL SHE DID WAS TAKE NOTES FOR JOE HATEM. IF JIMMY CROSBY WAS THE ANTI-CHRIST THEN EVERYONE UNDER HIM WERE EQUALLY DECIPLES OF THE DEVIL. HOW COULD ALL THIS CRIMINALITY GO UNNOTICED IN TALLAHASSE? AM I TO BELIEVE DR. LAURA BEDARD AND BETH FEARED FOR THEIR JOBS IF THEY WERE TO EXPOSE THE CORRUPTION. I SALUTE ANYONE WHO TELLS THE TRUTH ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE THERE WILL NEVER BE A PLACE WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS TO EXPOSED THE CONTINUED CRIMINAL CONDUCT IN COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS.
PS: I AM MORE SORRY THE GOVS' BLACK LABADOR DIED THEN I AM SORRY FOR THE SICK MASS OF HUMANITY THAT RUN COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS.

Darth Duck
06-05-2006, 01:05 AM
This is a free space and you can post anything you like as long as it is not restrictive policy. Period. It would be nice if CPO's would post professional statements and not act like the supervisors they would condemn. Sure you can post anything you want and be as much of an anal sphincter as you need to be. More power to you and thanks for contributing to the problems of the department, because you are part of the problem not part of the solution.

06-05-2006, 01:45 AM
This is a free space and you can post anything you like as long as it is not restrictive policy. Period. It would be nice if CPO's would post professional statements and not act like the supervisors they would condemn. Sure you can post anything you want and be as much of an anal sphincter as you need to be. More power to you and thanks for contributing to the problems of the department, because you are part of the problem not part of the solution.

you are right to a certain extent - but what is the bigger disgrace is how DOC has so many unprofessional and inept supervisors that it forces people to post on places like this due to retribution they may receive if they did it openly. Its a shame good people have to fall own their sword ina way to get anything even loked at in DOC and that is why most wont because they will get major retribution.

06-05-2006, 03:15 AM
I should start taking my video camera to work and post on mytube.com