PDA

View Full Version : Sex Offender Rules

05-30-2006, 02:01 AM
There has been a lot of talk on here about sex offenders and the headaches with enforcing their conditions and the 2500 foot ordinances. My view is the 2500 foot rules are a good thing for cities driving sex offenders to other cities which are stupid enough not to pass one theirselves. Also I think these ordinances should be expanded to include working at a job within 2500 feet of congregation areas so they dont work in the city also. Since older cases are exempt from the 1000 foot rule they can live right next to a school if not for these ordinances. I have not seen any increase in current sex offenders who are on the registry commiting new sex crimes due to these new laws only an increase in failures to register which is a good thing because we can lock them up for that or atleast get them back on supervision with GPS......The holdout cities need to get with the game then maybe we can get a lot of them to move out of Florida.....Thoughts on this?

05-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Lets get the Court to Banish them from Florida.

05-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Lets get the Court to Banish them from Florida.

Yes that would work if not for ISC. Have you tried getting another state to accept a sex offender lately - not an easy task.

05-30-2006, 02:36 AM
There has been a lot of talk on here about sex offenders and the headaches with enforcing their conditions and the 2500 foot ordinances. My view is the 2500 foot rules are a good thing for cities driving sex offenders to other cities which are stupid enough not to pass one theirselves. Also I think these ordinances should be expanded to include working at a job within 2500 feet of congregation areas so they dont work in the city also. Since older cases are exempt from the 1000 foot rule they can live right next to a school if not for these ordinances. I have not seen any increase in current sex offenders who are on the registry commiting new sex crimes due to these new laws only an increase in failures to register which is a good thing because we can lock them up for that or atleast get them back on supervision with GPS......The holdout cities need to get with the game then maybe we can get a lot of them to move out of Florida.....Thoughts on this?

my hope is you do not work for state governement. I am having a difficult time reading your post. If you are a state employee, please take advantage of your local community college system to brush up on your writing skills!

05-30-2006, 02:38 AM
my hope is you do not work for state governement. I am having a difficult time reading your post. If you are a state employee, please take advantage of your local community college system to brush up on your writing skills!

and I brush up on my spelling!

05-30-2006, 02:43 AM

when posting on a forum I do not proof read etc. - If you sre stuck on that you must have too much time on your hands or be an english teacher.

Merlin
05-30-2006, 11:34 AM

Getting rid of something or somebody you don't like is always a good thing from your perspective. Problem is the world doesn't revolve around you. Kicking sex offenders in the butt will surely force them somewhere else, but where? Should the stupid cities in Florida get with the program and pass a 2,500 foot rule so they can all go up to Georgia or Alabama? Just curious if you think people and their children live in Georgia and Alabama?

05-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Maybe we can release all the pervs to Key West and issue them a raft compliments of Pride then sign a travel permit allowing them to leave the country?

mystikwarrior
05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Thoughts on this?
Yeah. You're an idiot :roll:

Just curious if you think people and their children live in Georgia and Alabama?
What? You mean other states have kids? Get outta here :shock:

Maybe we can release all the pervs to Key West and issue them a raft compliments of Pride then sign a travel permit allowing them to leave the country?
Actually I bet a lot of sex offenders would be happy to leave and never return. Give them a one-way airline ticket and $5,000 and you'll never see them again. But no, that won't work. Better to spend millions of dollars every year watching them :roll:

05-30-2006, 11:20 PM

Getting rid of something or somebody you don't like is always a good thing from your perspective. Problem is the world doesn't revolve around you. Kicking sex offenders in the butt will surely force them somewhere else, but where? Should the stupid cities in Florida get with the program and pass a 2,500 foot rule so they can all go up to Georgia or Alabama? Just curious if you think people and their children live in Georgia and Alabama?

The thing to do nowadays is have the toughest sex offender laws of the states because the offenders actually have websites that detail which states have the strictest sex offender requirements and tend to go to the least restrictive states if they do move out of state so if Florida has stricter requirements than say Georgia there should be more wanting to go there % wise than vice versa. Most of the south is strict now, so most would probably want to go West to Washington or somewhere.

07-26-2010, 05:53 AM

Yeah I have quite a bit to say about this. 1st trying having a husband/wife as a sex offender knowing that they didnt do it and the state wont do anything about it because the person admited to lying about them in court and they took a plea bargin so it doesnt count for the case. 2nd try having children with them. Its not just the person that has to deal with the laws of a sex offender its the entire family. So before you go throwing out an opinion on this kind of subject try coming from the familys point of view!!!!

07-26-2010, 10:56 PM

Yeah I have quite a bit to say about this. 1st trying having a husband/wife as a sex offender knowing that they didnt do it and the state wont do anything about it because the person admited to lying about them in court and they took a plea bargin so it doesnt count for the case. 2nd try having children with them. Its not just the person that has to deal with the laws of a sex offender its the entire family. So before you go throwing out an opinion on this kind of subject try coming from the familys point of view!!!!

Scored points for thread resurrection!!! 4 years ago - not bad.

07-28-2010, 01:09 PM

Thing is, what is the incentive for the county municipalities to allow sex offenders to live with family members in denial?

07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know where the squatters in Dade County will be moving to after their leases run out?

07-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Your mom's house.

08-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know where the squatters in Dade County will be moving to after their leases run out?

Probably some woods somewhere.

Valigator
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Thing is, what is the incentive for the county municipalities to allow sex offenders to live with family members in denial?

I know this is a very old post but I felt compelled to comment on it. I have been "observing" families of sex offenders by peeking in on their online support groups and If my suspicions are what I think they are, then not only do we have to worry about the sex offenders, its the women who live with them and or advocate for them. I once read a quote that stuck in my head. "I support my boyfriend" and I believe in him" "To show my love and trust I leave my children with him all the time" ?? That blew me away and still does. I often think most of the women should have their own registry as well. I am no professional voodoo doctor on what makes these guys tick, but I honestly think many women who are involved with sex offenders are feeding their kids to these guys like its an all you can eat buffet table. Let me offer up toThe woman moaning and whining about the plights of families of sex offenders above . It is my opinion Families would be safer and better served "REMOVING the Offender from the family dynamics. The daily headlines scream out of offenders repeating their crimes even with secure family ties, jobs and support systems. In fact I read more arrest from those guys than some Homeless offender living in a tent. Which proves the Point, doesnt matter what Enviornment an offender lives in, Its pure Opportunity that motivates sex offenders.

06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
It would probably be unconstitutional but it would probably be a good thing if they could make it a crime for convicted child molesters to live where a child resides - the ones off supervision I am talking about. The will always have that urge to do it again probably and look at what happens when just a few can't control themselves.