PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Constructive Advice

05-29-2006, 07:16 PM
This may not stir a lot of sympathy with you all, but I need some real help.

Over a year ago, when I received the final notice of my divorce, I got picked up in Hillsborough County for DUI. I wouldn't take a test, so my license was suspended for a year.

I was twice picked up for driving on a suspended license.

I paid a fine, spent some week-ends in jail, and went a year without driving.

My license was restored to me a few weeks ago.

----------

Then, out of the clear blue, I was told that my license was going to be suspended for a year again because I was a repeat offender.

When my license was restored I got a new job as an auto technician and part of my job is to test drive the cars I repair. Without a driver's license I will probably lose this job.

I am also a single parent and there are times when I need to go to my child's school.

I was told by the people who had monitored my suspension, taking driving classes, etc. that there is no way that I can get a limited use license so I can at least drive to work and do my job at work.

The woman I talked to said there was NO WAY to appeal her decision.

------------

Can anyone please help me?

Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Can I get a lawyer and appeal to some judge to give me some kind of restricted use license?

I've been very straight and am working hard to turn my life around, but it is very frustrating to have to lose my job and do who knows what to make ends meet just when I thought things would be going good again.

Any help would be appreciated!

05-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Those suspensions are administrative, meaning they are laws pursuant to Florida Statute. Jesus himself couldn't change it unless the law was changed. Sorry.

05-30-2006, 02:27 AM
I think you might want to talk to a lawyer. There are almost always exceptions to laws. I would recomend that you talk to one that specializes in traffic law. Here are some, but not the only ones: Rick Silverman, Jeff Keel, Jim Thomas, Victor Pelligrino, and Taraks & Herron. These are just a few, but I do know they specialize in traffic law. Good Luck and don't give up.

05-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Thank you for your kind responses.

I'm really trying to turn my life around and being able to drive as part of my work is an important part of this.

I will make some more inquiries.

Thanks again.