With hair cut square and eyes alert
He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men like him
Had fallen through the years.
How many died on foreign soil
How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes shot down?
How many died at sea
How many foxholes were soldiers' graves?
No, freedom isn't free.

I heard the sound of Taps one night,
When everything was still,
I listened to the bugler play
And felt a sudden chill.

I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant "Amen,"
When a flag had draped a coffin.
Of a brother or a friend.

I thought of all the children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands
With interrupted lives.

I thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea
Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No, freedom isn't free.

05-29-2006, 08:38 PM
that is the reason we are a free country .God Bless the USA.

05-30-2006, 04:27 PM
yes i feel grateful for all the people who have lost their lives to protect this country.....i also did my time in the military during the late 70's early 80's......just sad to see so many losing their lives now around the world under bush's push for world domination...not sure if this time next century they will be talking about those who protected this country or about how the people inside it persecuting it's own citizens and violating the right's of it's own citizens and people around the world caused it's destruction.

05-31-2006, 03:09 AM
yes i feel grateful for all the people who have lost their lives to protect this country.....i also did my time in the military during the late 70's early 80's......just sad to see so many losing their lives now around the world under bush's push for world domination...not sure if this time next century they will be talking about those who protected this country or about how the people inside it persecuting it's own citizens and violating the right's of it's own citizens and people around the world caused it's destruction.

I can't thank the members of the armed forces enough for the bravery and unselfish service. My heart goes out to the families and friends who have lost a love one or friend as a result of the war. I'm constantly praying for all of them.

Thanks no words could thank all of you enough.....Take care and be safe (MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF U)

05-31-2006, 03:11 AM
Show your appreciation:

http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/fallenheroes/index.php

05-31-2006, 03:13 AM

thanks for the political garbage statement....go find Jane Fonda and protest..... :roll:

05-31-2006, 04:21 AM
Show your appreciation:

Some people give and do not feel they need to brag about it. Which includes monetary donations and volunteering at the VA helping the spouses of deployed service (men and women).

05-31-2006, 04:29 AM
Show your appreciation:

i only hope you were making a suggestion. because we are individuals and expression of appreciation varies.

06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
thanks but not everyone feels this way i'm in the middle east protecting freedom now but when i told my c a i had been mobilized he & the dca let it be known they preffered i resign so they could fill the postion and told me that i had certain assigments to complete before i could take any time off to make arragments before i left but when i would complete they would just add more some of the were so stupid it was plain what they were doing so just wanted to say thanks to the rest of ya

06-04-2006, 07:54 PM
thanks but not everyone feels this way i'm in the middle east protecting freedom now but when i told my c a i had been mobilized he & the dca let it be known they preffered i resign so they could fill the postion and told me that i had certain assigments to complete before i could take any time off to make arragments before i left but when i would complete they would just add more some of the were so stupid it was plain what they were doing so just wanted to say thanks to the rest of ya

Ignore those jerks - you did the right thing....thanks....

06-05-2006, 03:35 AM

Ignore those jerks - you did the right thing....thanks....

Although you may not see it now.. Your courage and service will not go unrewarded. I Thank you. BE SAFE

06-06-2006, 12:22 AM
The following words were spoken by the late Red Skelton on his television program as he related the story of his teacher, Mr. Laswell, who felt his students had come to think of the Pledge of Allegiance as merely something to recite in class each day.

Now, more than ever, listen to the meaning of these words.

"I've been listening to you boys and girls recite the Pledge of Allegiance all semester

and it seems as though it is becoming monotonous to you.

If I may, may I recite it and try to explain to you the meaning of each word?"

I

me, an individual, a committee of one.

Pledge

dedicate all of my worldly goods to give without self pity.

Allegiance

my love and my devotion.

To the flag

our standard, Old Glory, a symbol of freedom. Wherever

she waves, there's respect because your loyalty has given

her a dignity that shouts freedom is everybody's job!

United

that means that we have all come together.

States

individual communities that have united into 48 great states.

Forty-eight individual communities with pride and dignity and

purpose; all divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to

a common purpose, and that's love for country.

And to the republic

a state in which sovereign power is

invested in representatives chosen by the

people to govern. And government is the people

and it's from the people to the leaders, not from

the leaders to the people.

For which it stands, one nation

one nation, meaning "so

blessed by God"

Indivisible

incapable of being divided.

With liberty

which is freedom -- the right of power to live one's

own life without threats, fear or some sort of

retaliation.

And Justice

the principle or quality of dealing fairly with others.

For all

which means, boys and girls, it's as much your

country as it is mine.

***~~**~~***

Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country

and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance...

UNDER GOD

Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said

that is a prayer

and that would be eliminated from schools too?

God Bless America!

poofcat.com

Wear it with pride!

Pledge of Allegiance - Mini
Buy Patriotic Posters At AllPosters.com

06-06-2006, 12:49 AM
well said