PDA

View Full Version : GAP

05-28-2006, 03:40 PM
The latest confirmed rumor has GAP making a come back. Feelings are mixed on this from I can tell. So if we have Street Crimes, why do we need GAP and vice versa? Why cant Street Crimes just get a new directive for the time being? what it comes donw to is the Chief throwin this out to make it look like things are being done, giving them anything they need for it. Seems to me, if he had been giving our current units everything they need, we wouldnt need to bring back GAP. But this is St.Pete PD and everything is back asswards here. Anyway, who s going to be heading up this little PR show?

05-28-2006, 04:17 PM
The only GAP you'll see around here is the growing gap between the number of officers we should have and the number we do have....and it continues to widen.

Doc
05-29-2006, 03:56 AM
Lets see...

Put Carron in charge with Wyatt as one of the Sgt's? Take people from the street and CPO.

We don't have enough officers to staff evening shift adequately because of people leaving and we can put officers in this group. Oh yeah...they are getting the YRS officers to "fill zones" because they are not capable to doing the GAP job. That means we will be doubling up with the YRS det's since they have not been on the street for a decade! Still SHORT!

Chief Chuck, I like your math! Cannot wait until you get audited.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO KEEP PULLING SPECIATY UNITS OUT OF OUR BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hap
05-29-2006, 04:26 AM
It doesn't matter if you have another GAP, it will not come close to the success of the first one due to the capable officers that worked it. GAP only works when you have great guys. Forget it Chuck, it worked once but not again, not with the guys your putting together. Sorry, but facts are facts.

05-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Carron is a lying backstabbing piece of crap. YOu just wait and check the stats when she's done. She'll have a ton of paperwork showing how she saved the city just dont look out the window cause you will see the city is actually burning to the ground. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Bring in Donnie and the boys, cherry pick who to work and who to cover up for. What a disgusting place this has become. Look across the bay and you see police work being done and a community that supoorts it for the most part. Why do we continue to support criminals here in SPPD? We all know why, but it has become so sad to witness...

05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Why do we continue to support criminals here in SPPD?

Because we have criminals in our ranks.

05-30-2006, 08:35 PM
We not only have them in our ranks, SPPD makes it a point to PROMOTE them!

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
05-30-2006, 10:41 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Airbrushayatollah/funny_farm_sp.jpg

" Can't see shit, Captain "

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Airbrushayatollah/Cedric_space_cadet.jpg

Picasso
05-30-2006, 11:51 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/guitar2.jpg

As seen at the Last Blue Jays game - Hiz Honor was outside the dome trying to obtain funds for the City. Give the man a break ! He's doing the best he can. A simple man in blue jeans, on his own time, earned a buck fifty so St Pete taxes don't have to go up !!
According to the folks pasing by.... he could have earned more if he JUST DIDN'T SING.

06-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I thought this was a rumor or joke. I guess the jokes on me. They are putting together a "team". Williams (YRD) at the helm with the support of Carron (D2), Morton (D3) and Wyatt (D1) along with slected officers. A special team to work an area that has had problems for years and is only a couple of blocks long. Oh silly me...its a political thing so there needs to be a highly visible response. Makes as much sense as assigning officers to sit at the intersection for a week after the latest problem (one house being vandalized). Makes me wonder why we even have a street crimes unit.

Chuck your an idiot.

06-02-2006, 06:34 PM
That's gonna be the new breakroom, huh?

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
06-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Harmon's gonna keep circling the block with rap music blasting from his new take-home

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Airbrushayatollah/chuckyH_h2sml.jpg

Chief Gelding
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
My wife has had me worried about the gap in my pants for a few weeks. First we cut out the trips to Steak and Shake, and then to Checkers. Now she's threatening me with no more Chuck E. Cheez nights. That does it! I'm out to close the gap. Carron will help me with the zipper, and Wyatt will be there to report back to "Go." Morton's just around to prevent any accidental Taser discharges. It's time to zip it up, and bring it all together. If I can fix this gap, the one between my teeth is next.

Chief Gelding...shootin blanks and takin' names.

SQUEEK
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I believe that "amazed" must be referring to the recent events in Palmetto Park when mentioned, "Makes as much sense as assigning officers to sit at the intersection for a week after the latest problem (one house being vandalized). Makes me wonder why we even have a street crimes unit. "

What perhaps this individual does not understand is that this was, is and has been more than a single mischievous vandalism. For many years, multiple residents in this and other St. Petersburg neighborhoods have been consistently threatened and accosted by drug dealers. In the past few weeks in one small section of Palmetto Park, there have been 6 burglaries, 2 homes fire bombed (keep in mind that in one home the resident was sleeping when the Molotov ****tail nearly smashed through the window next to her bedroom, she did not hear the smash, had it broken all the way through the second pane of glass, she would have burned to death), and windows were smashed out of one home while a resident was standing in clear view of the assailant, the chunks of concrete came within a few feet of the resident.

Members of the crime watch have been beaten in public, have had loaded guns drawn on them, have had do dodge cars trying to run them over while crossing the street, have had to hide in their homes while gunfire filled the air, their cars have been smashed with bricks and bottles while driving down the street... all of these situations have been reported again and again to the SPPD. This community has worked with the City Government and their Neighborhood Partnership department. They have held meetings with the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, City Council, and Chief. Yet still they cannot walk safely in their neighborhood, they continue to receive death threats.

Since the formulation of the United Neighborhood Alliance, over nine neighborhoods have stepped forward, expressing their frustrations in trying to resolve very similar situations in their areas. It is well known that the local government has and is not taking effective action to resolve the issues that plague this city. Something must be done immediately!

06-05-2006, 06:38 PM
You are correct! What I am Amazed at is not the fact that something needs to be done. Its what it takes to get something done at the SPPD. This is mot isolated to your neighborhood. It happens in many areas and never properly addressed. The only action comes when the situation gets so political that there is a newspaper arcticle. Then what do you get? A half a$$ response that will do nothing more than quiet things down for the short term and shut you up. Their plan this time is no different. You shouldn't be getting a reg tag group of officers being led by someone who is involved in questionable activity. There should be a unit staffed and supported that will go into a problem area and elliminate the problem forever. I remain Amazed.

06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I am totally with you Guest... Palmetto Park has been begging for assistance for over 2 years, since the media coverage, other areas have stepped forward, some have been getting the same "were working on it" resonse for 10 years, it is truly sad, when the hard working law abiding families have to live in fear of the criminals because the government is too tied up with politics. btw, of the 5 that were arrested in the drug "bust", only 2 are istill i jail, and they would probably be out by now if court watch had not stepped in to keep thier bonds up, or no bonds at all... alas tomorrow, they will have the chance again to beg for forgiveness and get back out to their crack dealins... this city needs to hire additional hard working dedicated officers, fire the "officials" that are not concerned about upholding the law and protecting the citizens, and put some people in place that will support the officers and will protect the honest people (who are the majority of voters).

Moral Majority
06-06-2006, 02:12 AM
I am totally with you Guest... Palmetto Park has been begging for assistance for over 2 years, since the media coverage, other areas have stepped forward, some have been getting the same "were working on it" resonse for 10 years, it is truly sad, when the hard working law abiding families have to live in fear of the criminals because the government is too tied up with politics. btw, of the 5 that were arrested in the drug "bust", only 2 are istill i jail, and they would probably be out by now if court watch had not stepped in to keep thier bonds up, or no bonds at all... alas tomorrow, they will have the chance again to beg for forgiveness and get back out to their crack dealins... this city needs to hire additional hard working dedicated officers, fire the "officials" that are not concerned about upholding the law and protecting the citizens, and put some people in place that will support the officers and will protect the honest people (who are the majority of voters).

You post echo's the many other citizens concerns in St.Pete! I aplaud you for voicing your opinion. Now e-mail a copy to the Mayors office, city council and the StPete gheto-TIMES!

South St.Pete is a complete DISGRACE! As a property owner of multiple single family homes south of central ave, I have seen a drastic change in the culture in the past 2 years. The attitude of self entitlement has become so severe, it has taken the race issue to new levels. A lot of this is fed by the Mayors constant focus on spending the tax dollars paid by the majority of hard working citizens, and funding projects that will only fertilize the entitlement mentality further.

It's one thing to feed a humble human, it's another to spoil an ungrateful brat!
The least BAKER could do, is unleash the police!!!!!

06-06-2006, 02:19 AM
"Hiz Honor" ....King Baker hates the police, he's made it clear in policy, in public, and in private circles. He will do anything he can to disgrace and dis-empower the police. He has Snagletooth and the "Inner Circle" to accomplish this for him. He doesn't care, he doesn't live in the neighborhoods he's destroying.

06-07-2006, 02:02 PM
The police picked for this assignement are your problem, they have allowed this situation to grow unchecked for years. You need new, fresh leadership. Men and women who will "fight crime" and "enforce the law." Your Chief is weak on crime and in his leadership abiliities. Crime is that bad because they support the criminals and not you. Wake up!

Chief Gelding
06-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Hey, I'm not weak on crime. Look how many people I sent to internal affairs! See, I'm rough, and tough, and darnit, I like myself.

Where's "Go"...I really need my potty break. Puh-leeeeze...hurry!

Chief Gelding...shootin' blanks and takin' names