PDA

View Full Version : Divorce attorney

05-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Guys I am looking for a good divorce attorney. Does anyone know of a good attorney? that will not charge me an arm and a leg?

05-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I dont know what you situtation is, but if you have kids, house and assets dont cut corners. It will hurt you in the long run. Beg, Borrow for the money to get a good Attorney. It worked out in my case. You can expect to pay 250-350 a hour for an Attorney, but that was a couple of years ago.

05-28-2006, 03:26 PM
TRY 221-2767, R. Ray Brooks best in the business, check with guys around TPD he's a household name.

05-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Brooks is a complete asshole. He'll drop you like a hot potato if there's any problems. And then he won't even talk to you nor tell you why he dropped you. I wouldn't give him the time of day if I was the last person with a watch. He started our case, then I guess he couldn't handle the pressure. So instead of confronting anything, he just stopped returning or taking our calls. Then after a week or two of trying to contact him, his secretary finally says 'oh, he isn't handling you case any more'. No reason, no nothing. So take your chances if you like and good luck. Our new lawyer handled the matter in a few weeks with no problems and great results. Unfortunately, he's no longer in the area.

05-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I heard James R. Schaffer does a great job with family law and custody issues. I don't have personal experience but have heard good things.

Anyone know anything about James R. Schaffer?

05-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Brooks is a complete asshole. He'll drop you like a hot potato if there's any problems. And then he won't even talk to you nor tell you why he dropped you. I wouldn't give him the time of day if I was the last person with a watch. He started our case, then I guess he couldn't handle the pressure. So instead of confronting anything, he just stopped returning or taking our calls. Then after a week or two of trying to contact him, his secretary finally says 'oh, he isn't handling you case any more'. No reason, no nothing. So take your chances if you like and good luck. Our new lawyer handled the matter in a few weeks with no problems and great results. Unfortunately, he's no longer in the area.

Yea I won't embarrass you by saying your name but next time pay your bill and you might get a call back, he's helped a lot of cops, but there is always in the bunch that thinks he's at 7-11 and want everything for free

05-29-2006, 11:21 AM
"Yea I won't embarrass you by saying your name but next time pay your bill and you might get a call back, he's helped a lot of cops, but there is always in the bunch that thinks he's at 7-11 and want everything for free"

Nice grammar. Wish I knew what you just said. Hope your reports are written better than that. Just for the record, since you think you know who I am, nor do I care if you do, any and all bills were paid to Mr Brooks. I don't owe him a cent. He just took the chicken shit way out of the case. Of course, we'll never know why he really bailed out since he had his secretary do his dirty work for him. If I had the time or the need, I would have definitely filed a complaint against him for his actions. But I had more important things to do with my life. And obtaining a better, more qualified lawyer, who got results, was better then wasting any more time on him.

05-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Ok ok...jeez!
Can you two quit arguing and get back to the topic. D2 needs some advice.

05-29-2006, 01:49 PM
i would highly recommend this lady, she does good work and very caring individual, you will like her and she is very reasonable.

Firm: Cardamone & Associates, P.A.
15438 N Florida Ave Ste 102
Tampa Florida 336131221
Phone: 813.2647377
Fax: 813.2647388
E-Mail: StacyCardamone@tampabay.rr.com
County: Hillsborough
Circuit: 13

05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys.