PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Real Help

05-27-2006, 12:58 AM
This may not stir a lot of sympathy with you all, but I need some real help.

Over a year ago, when I received the final notice of my divorce, I got picked up in Hillsborough County for DUI. I wouldn't take a test, so my license was suspended for a year.

I was twice picked up for driving on a suspended license.

I paid a fine, spent some week-ends in jail, and went a year without driving.

My license was restored to me a few weeks ago.

----------

Then, out of the clear blue, I was told that my license was going to be suspended for a year again because I was a repeat offender.

When my license was restored I got a new job as an auto technician and part of my job is to test drive the cars I repair. Without a driver's license I will probably lose this job.

I am also a single parent and there are times when I need to go to my child's school.

I was told by the people who had monitored my suspension, taking driving classes, etc. that there is no way that I can get a limited use license so I can at least drive to work and do my job at work.

The woman I talked to said there was NO WAY to appeal her decision.

------------

Can anyone please help me?

Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Can I get a lawyer and appeal to some judge to give me some kind of restricted use license?

I've been very straight and am working hard to turn my life around, but it is very frustrating to have to lose my job and do who knows what to make ends meet just when I thought things would be going good again.

Any help would be appreciated!

05-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Only a lawyer is legally permitted by law to give legal advice.

05-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Only a lawyer is legally permitted by law to give legal advice.

Come on! He isn't asking for legal advice.

He's asking for information!

05-27-2006, 04:33 PM
So why don't you just give it to him?

05-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm not a cop, dunce.

Not everyone who reads this board is a cop. Duh!

06-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I noticed that after receiving no help on this board, the original poster went to a City Police Board and a Sheriff's Office board and received friendly, helpful advice in both places.

That says a lot to me about FHP.

:!:

06-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Actually it just says that FHP doesnt come on here to this trash talking site where everyone puts down everyone else and bashes everyone else. This is a stupid site and anyone that posts negative stuff on it about other people should use their real names, and be men about it, so that way we can know who the real dirtbags we work with are.

06-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh yes.. FHP folks read this site.

They just aren't real helpful - just like on the road.

:(

06-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, those who CAN read do read it.

The rest of them have someone read it to them.

:shock: :shock: :o :o :) :) :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:

nononsetpr
06-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I think if you want to submit any posts on this board you should be registered. I'm a trooper that has been a member of 911 job forums for about 5 years now and have never seen any trash talk about FHP. I don't trash talk and I don't know any trooper that would come on here and do that. The only trash talker is the one who admitted he wasn't a leo.

02-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Ok, so you made a huge mistake which cost you all you have worked for. I am retired from Aventura and if you call they will give you my cell # , ask for officer Bob . I am a retired THI investiggator. I will instruct them to give the # out. I will do what it takes to help a brother officer no matter what his condition or where he-she worked. Hope this helps. 8)