PDA

View Full Version : Dress Code

05-25-2006, 08:16 PM
A friend just came back from training and told me that some people at the training were sent home because of dress code issues. Males failed to have a jacket and a female had her bra strap showing. It appears that business casual may inlclude jackets now for males?

Anyone else have these types of issues or hear anything similar? :roll: What's next????

Darth Duck
05-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Was it training off site or given by non-department personnel? Believe me, I do not agree with it but read the dress code, standard business dress for non-department training unless specified otherwise by the trainer. :oops:

05-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I think it was given as a department training that used other agency facilitators. I know DJJ was there. I was told that the instrcutor was in jeans and a denimin type shirt. Also, other agency employees were wearing shorts and polo's. :(

Darth Duck
05-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Does anyone have an eyewitness account? Dress code stuff interests me.

05-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Its funny they tell you what to wear but when something goes wrong and your clothes are damaged they say that they dont have to replace them!!!

05-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Its funny they tell you what to wear but when something goes wrong and your clothes are damaged they say that they dont have to replace them!!!

newbie wake up this is doc no o/t no fleet cars no clothing/shoe allowance, no quatermaster we have nothing including our pay. newbie get a clue and move on if working for a law enforcement agency is what you want. this job is so poor and there is nothing good to say about it.

05-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I dont want to be a LEO but dont you think if they make us were slacks in the field and they get damaged on a work related incident how can they say we are not gonna remburse you! The answer is not go be a LEO the answer is fix the problem..So you get a clue and stop laying down and taking this $%#@ and help us fight for what we deserve!!!

05-28-2006, 05:16 PM
well maybe if you were not so new and stupid you would understand doc does not do anything such as that here is a clue your driving your own car and they do not buy you tires or give ya oil changes do they dont fix your gun if it needs service they dont even buy you the dept shirts we all wear so why would they replace your wranglers buddy. hey newbie smarten up and get a clue this is doc and enjoy your pay check and enjoy filling up your gas tank and enjoy buying dept shirts and enjoy maintaining your car that you use to do state work and enjoy no overtime and enjoy all the other crazy things we have to deal with.

05-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Well I will,,,Nanny Nanny Pooh Pooh!!! :lol:

05-29-2006, 04:24 AM
A friend just came back from training and told me that some people at the training were sent home because of dress code issues. Males failed to have a jacket and a female had her bra strap showing. It appears that business casual may inlclude jackets now for males?

Anyone else have these types of issues or hear anything similar? :roll: What's next????

My friend, who works in C01, told me that they have also been to other meetings/trainings and seen officer's in denim without being sent home. What gives? A little bra strap shows and the whole world ends. A little denim and the officer is sent home. What a waste of time and morale.

05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
For crying out loud! How can we verify your claim if you wont say when and where this alleged incident ocurred? Tell all or tell nothing.

05-29-2006, 02:33 PM
For crying out loud! How can we verify your claim if you wont say when and where this alleged incident ocurred? Tell all or tell nothing.

padawan must use the force to get the information. I cannot divulge without naming names. I would suggest you call around and find out the last time we trainined with DJJ. Use the force of gossip and the answer will become clear.

05-31-2006, 04:36 AM
People were sent home left and right at 06-1 today. The women were told we couldn't wear casual (collarless) shirts without a jacket, leather shoes if they had a rubber sole and the women can't wear polo shirts, though the men can. Of course that's all from the interpretation of management that can't make a logical decision about the color of the sky on a clear day.

05-31-2006, 04:47 AM
and are you surprised.

06-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I have been gone from DOC for a long, long time now, but from what I'm seeing here not much has changed.
FLA DOC has such a bad reputation that I honest to God don't see how they can even get anyone to come to work for them.
What a Mickey Mouse outfit!

06-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Now that you were at 2 days of training with the other supervisors, do you care enough to clarify the dress policy at 06-1 after seeing supervisors dressed in ways that you're saying are against policy???? Or do you not care enough about the morale of your office to bother letting your field staff know you may have made an error. We know how you will manipulate the situation with your lies & blame it on someone else, or wait, will you take your normal road and just "forget" to pass the information down the chain like you do everything else. Hugs & kisses

06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Now that you were at 2 days of training with the other supervisors, do you care enough to clarify the dress policy at 06-1 after seeing supervisors dressed in ways that you're saying are against policy???? Or do you not care enough about the morale of your office to bother letting your field staff know you may have made an error. We know how you will manipulate the situation with your lies & blame it on someone else, or wait, will you take your normal road and just "forget" to pass the information down the chain like you do everything else. Hugs & kisses

Just because others dont follow policy doesnt necessarily make it right for us not to follow it either.

06-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I laugh at the fact that anyone actually thinks the supervisors learned anything at all during that wasted two day training. Don't forget...there's still two more days in Orlando. Hey Yvette...did you see the other FEMALE SUPERVISORS wearing their DC polo shirts? Heard a few had them on. Are they in violation? Did you "suggest" that they go home (on AL, of course) and change? Give me a freaking break. This four-day time waster is a joke. Think any supervisor is going to come back and treat their staff as human? Get real.

Shame. The intention is there, but the desire is not.

06-09-2006, 03:52 AM
of tax payers monies. Supervisor all in 70.00 night rooms and not sharing them either. What a waste.

06-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I was told the sups had to pay for their rooms, it wasn't on DC's nickel

06-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I was told the sups had to pay for their rooms, it wasn't on DC's nickel

If it was over 50 miles from their office and home, they would have to put them up I think by policy.

06-11-2006, 01:42 PM
i wish we had a clothing allowance. i wish we were issue 511 tactical pants and tactical polo's. i also wish we had a shoe allowance yearly. i wish i just worked for a real agency, low pay low morale :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

06-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Ties and slacks for Alberto, Oh Boy!