PDA

View Full Version : Gracie fight

05-25-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm betting on Gracie for Saturday night!

05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm torn........Love Royce and his BJJ, but Matt is skilled also. I just hope it goes the distance and they give us an exciting fight. Some other great fights also.......hope Diago Sanchez is well now and gives us one of his powerful fights !

Gonna get PPV, but does anyone know of and sports bars getting it ?

05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Though a person could argue for a Gracie win, it seem more likely that Matt Hughes will dominate the fight. Gracie without question dominated the Octagon in his day...IN HIS DAY. When Gracie faught in the UFC he did not have to contend with the caliber fighters that Hughes has had to fight. Again though this is not a knock on Gracie, the man his a legend of the sport. This is more about what Hughes can do in the octagon. Hopefully it will be a good fight, but Hughes wins by TKO. Big Slam and then comes the ground and pound :!:

Wing House on Hillsborough has the fight and so do all Hooters.

05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
If Gracie was just a legend, he would not be stepping in the ring this weekend.

All ground fighting techniques are not created equal.

Anyone can open a studio and teach techniques in an environment with no stress, however the Gracie approeach is not a belt factory. Check out Gracie Tampa and see the difference.

05-26-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm offering up a signed UFC 60 poster signed by Matt Hughes (family friend). All proceeds go to Toby Obrien's family.

Make offer at the following WCF PBA link.

http://wcfpba2.accountsupport.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

05-26-2006, 04:37 AM
FYI...Joe Hand Promotions handles all UFC fights. Follow the link below for a listing of all places LEGALLY showing the UFC-60 fight.

The list is sorted in alphabetical order by state even though it's listed by bar name.

UFC-60 Bars:
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.SportsBars&eid=163

05-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Me saying Gracie is a legend of the sport is a compliment. I was not knocking him. You can be a legend of your sport and still be active in it (Michael Jordan, Roger Clemens, Bret Farve) just a few examples. I again will say it should be a good fight, and by all means Gracie can win the fight. I just think that Hughes will be too much for him. Whatever the outcome will be, it's going to be an electric atmosphere Sat. night. Both camps walking their fighter to the ring "I CAN"T WAIT".

05-28-2006, 07:17 AM
It was kind of sad to see Royce go out that soon. But I'll tell you what..........he has heart. He was gonna let Matt break his arm in that armbar before he would even think about tapping out !

ALSO........if it is possible Matt was even better than in past fights!