PDA

View Full Version : Running for Sheriff?

05-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I saw a "Peasley For Sheriff in 08" bumper sticker. What's the scoop on that?

05-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Bobby Somers

just remember

Big Bone had the scoop first!

05-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Are you calling MP2 a fruit? if so, what kind?
inquiring minds wanna know

Nacho Libre
05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Its clear what he meant. The slam was on MP1. Its by the grace of god that MP2 was raised away from MP1.

06-02-2006, 11:37 PM
not sure if you people have any allegiance to any 1 person whos running for sheriff,,You people like to complain about issues within the dept then run scared about your political affiliation,,,Why dont you choose a side and stay (with it )you chicken shizzzzz,,,Dont be affraid of the B/S and threats and intimidation tactics practicied by the current regiime . At least mike sr is trying to do something to change the current course of this administration,,,,,GO MIKE

06-02-2006, 11:45 PM
What just because three of his sons work here,,, i guess we should elect him based on the nepotism and his current free bar tabs at tucsons,,,,,,come on////////

06-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I think only one of his kids works here. And look up the big words before you use them putz.

06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Its clear what he meant. The slam was on MP1. Its by the grace of god that MP2 was raised away from MP1.

Grammer correction: God is supposed to be capitalized.

06-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Well Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, I'll Never Let That God Dam Shit happen Again!!!!

06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Bobby somers does have 3 sons that work here im not refering to peasley u putz,,,,,,I love all you grammer speacilist on this site,,,Bunch of cry babies

06-09-2006, 01:31 AM
not sure if you people have any allegiance to any 1 person whos running for sheriff,,You people like to complain about issues within the dept then run scared about your political affiliation,,,Why dont you choose a side and stay (with it )you chicken shizzzzz,,,Dont be affraid of the B/S and threats and intimidation tactics practicied by the current regiime . At least mike sr is trying to do something to change the current course of this administration,,,,,GO MIKE

I agree GO MIKE :D :D :D :!: :!:

06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
If you're going to correct someone's grammar, make sure you spell grammar correctly. LOL.

06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
If you're going to correct someone's grammar, make sure you spell grammar correctly. LOL.

Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are right, I'm s :( rry..........

06-18-2006, 11:53 PM
You will be seeing a lot more bumper stickers with that :lol: :lol: . He will be a welcome change with what he is going to do for the department and all of you LEO's will be glad he's on board. For all that truly know him knows he's a stand up guy and will be at your "6" anytime you need him. Who better to have at the helm a veteran cop or a politician?????

06-19-2006, 12:28 AM
We all know Mike as a Deputy, but I am not aware of him ever taking part in any type of leadership activity of the political type within the agency. Was he involved with the FOP as anything other than a standard member, or did he take part in any type of MAC or advisory commitee?

Mike was a hard nosed cop and I respect that, but what changes does he plan to bring to the agency? More important, what is his plan to implement these changes?

I'm not against Mike, and I am not a fan of the current administration, but I would like to hear more about his plans and qualifications other than being a career Deputy.

06-19-2006, 02:05 AM
We all know Mike as a Deputy, but I am not aware of him ever taking part in any type of leadership activity of the political type within the agency. Was he involved with the FOP as anything other than a standard member, or did he take part in any type of MAC or advisory commitee?

Mike was a hard nosed cop and I respect that, but what changes does he plan to bring to the agency? More important, what is his plan to implement these changes?

I'm not against Mike, and I am not a fan of the current administration, but I would like to hear more about his plans and qualifications other than being a career Deputy.

I think it best that what he intends to do comes from him (not taking the easy way out, just think it would be a better idea). I've sat and listened and it makes a lot of sense to me. Like I said, he is not a politician and I don't think that a Sheriff's position should have any political affiliation; however, that's not the case. I know he will run the department not as a politician but as a cop. I read in one of the messages about civilian employees getting awards and not the LEO's. I believe and so does Mike that the LEO's do not get enough recognition (for one thing). Better morale and knowing who your deputies are and visa versa. Other messages I've read appear to me that a lot of LEO's are not happy or should I say a tad disgruntled... remember he retired and now is coming back to a position to improve the department and help his fellow comrades.

06-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Great Peas threw his name in the hat. i even saw a bumper sticker the other day with Peasley for Sheriff. I almost threw up. But wouldnt it be nice if we actually had a real contender run against the incumbant? I mean crap, Bubba? Peasley? Is that the best we can do?

It would be nice if Curtsinger threw his name in. Or a big city chief/commander that has love for his citizens -and- his Deputies. We need a hard liner contemporary cop to run for Sheriff. Not a never had rank, never was or a washed up now millionaire DJ.

Too much shame in the game man. Uncle Everitt please for the love of god come back home, we got screwed!!

06-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Great Peas threw his name in the hat. i even saw a bumper sticker the other day with Peasley for Sheriff. I almost threw up. But wouldnt it be nice if we actually had a real contender run against the incumbant? I mean crap, Bubba? Peasley? Is that the best we can do?

It would be nice if Curtsinger threw his name in. Or a big city chief/commander that has love for his citizens -and- his Deputies. We need a hard liner contemporary cop to run for Sheriff. Not a never had rank, never was or a washed up now millionaire DJ.

Too much shame in the game man. Uncle Everitt please for the love of god come back home, we got screwed!!

What you just described in your second paragraph is just what you'll get with Mike. He truly cares for the citizens and deputies. Why do you think he's running. Just because one doesn't get promoted doesn't mean there's no caring. Did you ever think that he was content where he was so he could take care of the citizens (under the regimes past and present)? No political b.s. now, it's all about the citizen's of Pinellas County and the men and women who are there to "serve and protect"!!! I know that with his 20+ years with the department he DOES know what is badly needed. What I have seen and heard over the past 12 years I've lived in Pinellas County it's all been what's good for the position not the people. Isn't education what gets a deputy promoted? How about experience? Education is nice but I'd trust the instincts of a veteran cop that's been around the block several times.

06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I still have not heard exactly what changes Mike wants to make, nor have I heard HOW he plans to implement these changes. We all know Mikes reading these posts, why doesn't he come and speak for himself. I am interested in what he has to say.

06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
I know that Peas has -0- experience in any level of command. What was he a corporal once? wow. Sorry if i dont want to lay my career at the feet of a once was.

06-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh stop, he cares for people?!?!?! thats why hes been here so long?? hahahha, have you ever gone to a call with this guy? or backed him up on a bullshit sig 12 10-50 that he calls out? or when he calls out someone ran from him and it really didnt happen that way. hes full of shit and so are his supporters.

06-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Most of us are looking for something different than what we have, but I don't see a retired blow hard as being the answer. None of my experience with the man has ever indicated that he cared for anything other than himself.

Mrs. Badcrumble
06-19-2006, 07:13 PM
What is it that you want that you're not getting, exactly? It seems to me we have it pretty good and that way too many of us are whiners.

Perhaps a candidate could run on a "no whiners" platform and start booting people out for chronic complaining.

06-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I still have not heard exactly what changes Mike wants to make, nor have I heard HOW he plans to implement these changes. We all know Mikes reading these posts, why doesn't he come and speak for himself. I am interested in what he has to say.

Mike had no intention of running for Sheriff until family, friends, members of the department and other agencies convinced him to run. He will rebuild morale and bring back the pride and integrity to the department. He will be a "hands on" Sheriff, attending read-offs, riding with deputies and definitely being more involved in the community. He wants to get back to "good" community relations for the citizens of the county and other agencies. He will fight for better pay and benefits for the deputies. Deputies will have take home cars out of the county. A full time swat team and a motorcycle unit. He does encourage education; however, promotions will come without a degree.

Sounds to me from what I've read on all of the postings, that about sums it up for most.

By the way, Mike doesn't read the posts. He only hears it from other people. He feels that if one has something to say about or to someone else, they should confront that person not hide behind screen names. The opportunity is yours to talk to him and I'm sure you know how to get in touch with him. I think it would do you a lot of good to hear it from the "horses" mouth.

06-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Come on.....yeah our pay just sucks so bad, give me a break. take home cars out of the county? big deal. a full time swat team??? what for all the reactive callouts that they never have?? And a motor unit, wow!

Im so sure that other agencies have told him to run too. who would that be the chief of Bellair or Tarpon? Nice try.

Mrs. Badcrumble
06-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Mike should read the posts. And register his screen name and post under it. He doesn't have to respond to anonymous postings if he doesn't want to.

Since he's so pro-deputy, he should remember that we work 24/7 and some of us may not have time to meet him face-to-face to discuss his views. He may have to step into the 21st century with the rest of us and take advantage of the internet to help get the word out. It's a pretty efficient way to get information to alot of people.

06-20-2006, 10:47 PM
So what exactly does that mean? Please tell me. I see you posted anonymously as a guest do you not want it known who you are?

06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Bobby Somers

just remember

Big Bone had the scoop first!

06-22-2006, 04:16 AM
He's a Drunk!!

06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
It's not like he would be the first drunk we had as Sheriff.

06-22-2006, 10:38 AM
It's not like he would be the first drunk we had as Sheriff.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Come on, slam each other for posting anonymously, when you yourself post as "guest". **** off you stupid ass mother ****er.

I'd rather have a supposed "drunk" as you put it, than a known "nut" as Sheriff.

06-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I agree with anon-e-mous 100%. Although maybe with not as much emotion. Relax buddy, everyone has an opinion.

06-24-2006, 02:55 AM
I would have to agree that Mike would be a great change for our agency. Any moron can see the writing on the wall which points toward the current, I mean Rice, administration continuing. The same ole boys with new names will be running the show when Coates leaves.

I am pleased to say that I worked with Mike in many aspects of this agency over the years. He has never had any discipline and yes, he did have a reputation as being “Crazy.” Crazy was just Mike’s way of being who he is. The guy was a hell of a cop and always told you what was on his mind, good or bad. He never holds any punches when it comes to revealing his true thoughts or feelings. That's why people called him crazy. If he was pissed at you about something, he would tell you and he did not care who it was.

We need a top cop that will support the troops in every way possible. I believe Mike is that person. He will fight to do what is right for the good of the agency, not a few individuals. Not being under the “Umbrella” that many of us have heard of, or being part of the “Palm Harbor Posse” make it impossible for decisions to be made that is beneficial to all, instead of just those in the “clique.”

I am tired of the direction this agency has taken and I would like to see a turn for the better. I am not knocking Chief Fowler in any way at all here. I think he is also a stand up guy who is caught in a bad situaton. GO MIKE!

06-24-2006, 03:01 AM
Now that's what I'm saying!!!!!!! GO MIKE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mister5Point
06-24-2006, 04:04 AM
He would be very happy to entertain your call and speak with you about his plans. Better yet, stop by his X42 and say "Hi." He will glady talk with you.

Mister5Point
06-24-2006, 04:09 AM
I have taken the time to sit downand talk with Mike. He definitely wants to see the morale in the agency get back to where is once was. He wants to see our pay comptible with that of other agencies. He had no intention of running for Sheriff when he retired with 25+ years in the state system. He was inspred to run by the influence of family, friends, and PCSO members and others.

I personally like the guy and what he stands for. You are entitled to your own opinion too, but make it from your own observations and experiences. You can listen to the stories of all that know him, but meet him personally before you judge him.

Mister5Point
06-24-2006, 04:12 AM
Wow. Do you snap at your significant other or the public like you did below? Relax Ace and take a chill pill. Voice your opinion, but do it in a professional manner.

Come on, slam each other for posting anonymously, when you yourself post as "guest". **** off you stupid ass mother ****er.

I'd rather have a supposed "drunk" as you put it, than a known "nut" as Sheriff.

06-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Two words for you....Lester Aradi. He's Jim's best bud, and he hangs out with the baseball fan from Starkey Road. Why do you think that the next sheriff is an unknown?

06-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Car two got a pay cut? What's up with that?

07-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Coats isn't what I expected, thats for sure. I hear the man that is going to be pushed by the current administration for Sheriff is Simovich. God help us! Whoever gets elected, lets all make sure its not that knuckle dragger!!

08-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Come on now, all you readers!!!!! What's your opinion?

10-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I hope Peasley is ready to dismiss alot of the upper brass. Many of them have already retired while on duty. It will be interesting to see what occur"s in 08'

10-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Just to clarify, the spam this forum is getting is because it allows guests to log in without actually creating an account. The bots are working hard to make sure you receive as much crap in the forum that it can dish out in this state.

As a general reminder, the bots also scan the forum posts for links to emails like Peasley's about three posts up. If that is his real email there is no doubt that it is flooded with spam by now and will continue to be flooded. It might be a good idea to watch for issues like that.

Thanks,

10-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Why is it that people are afraid to post on this site....wonder if it has to do with threats and people running scared around here.

Ten6Niner
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Why is it that people are afraid to post on this site....wonder if it has to do with threats and people running scared around here.

Who's been threatening? And I've just been running to stay in shape. I'm not skeered! :twisted:

10-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Whats the deal Butt-head,,you must have a lot of time on your hand. I wonder if your also guest 21.......very odd you are""""If you like doing house checks then you must be a lazy Dep....go out and put someone in jail. littleman

11-10-2006, 04:03 AM
There is a guy living in St. Pete now that could make a decent run at the job. I do not know how he spells his last name right. It is either soual or soul. He retired a short time ago as the second in charge of FDLE and many moons ago was the chief in Gulfport.

He has the background to make a real run at the job.

11-12-2006, 06:54 AM
soule as in jack corbon, he tried once

11-12-2006, 07:06 AM
I would like to rum for Sheriff but i don 't think i was picked for captains school and then told i was somehow smarter than my counterparts;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;maybe someday.. ill keep trying

11-13-2006, 01:23 AM
"rum for sheriff"?

Lester Aradi in '08........there is no competition.

The St. Pete Times says it is so.

11-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I have to agree....Aradi's a sure thing.