PDA

View Full Version : WASTE MANAGEMENT

05-21-2006, 02:56 AM
A RAISE IN THE FL DOC IS YOUR BASIC COST OF LIVING INCREASE IF THAT. WE GET NOTHING ELSE. I HAVE 6 YEARS AS A CPO AND MAKE IF 37 GRAND. WE JUST HAD A CPO LEAVE FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND AFTER FTO THEY WILL MAKE 44 GRAND NOT TO MENTION OVERTIME AND AN ISSUED VEHICLE AND CLOTHING/WEAPONS. IT MUST BE NICE TO HAVE A STEP PAY PLAN OR LONGIVITY PAY. I WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE WORKING AT THIS DUMP. :cry:

05-21-2006, 03:13 AM
we will not miss you

05-21-2006, 03:21 AM
we have such a bad turn over problem and we wonder why. we cannot survive on such low pay and bad working conditions. if you have a brain why stay they say. :roll:

why would someone take this job so they can make a low salary and have to utilize their own car for work. :roll:

05-21-2006, 03:51 AM
I was going to apply for the CPO position until I found out that I would have to travel for over an hour to get to the office that I will be assigned to, going right past an office near my house. There is no guarantee that I will even be able to transfer to the one near my house after a year or two. Extra wear and tear on my car, excess travel time, and plenty of gasoline expenses.

If I try to make it work, but then decide not to stay for at least two years after I graduate from the CPO academy, I have to repay about $2,000 in training costs and hotels.

Bachelor's Degree required, but you make less than a deputy sheriff who only needs a high school diploma.

These are all good reasons to look elsewhere for a job.

05-21-2006, 04:04 PM
guest you made a good choice. i left the doc after 3 years and now work for a sheriff office. i get extra money for my b.s. and i make a lot more money then i ever did at doc. if you can handle police work it is the best job ever. you can make extra money and be assured that every year you will make more money then a deputy comming in. i love our take home car policy which allows me to use the car off duty. doc work is good for a certain type but not me i am more of a law man then that and i dont like being used.

05-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I agree. I just got my FDLE cert as a LEO. I have to decide where to apply. SSO was my first choice. Gotta see if they are hiring. Last year they had a hiring freeze and did not hire anyone from Jan 1st through October for the road.

05-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Are you certified as a cpo?

05-22-2006, 04:13 AM
j.f. just left us ie: c12 for the sso. we have lost a bunch to the sso in c12. the cpo's that left all have made thousands more and all from what i hear are loving the change of work. i am also thinking of leaving. when i hear that these people are making 10 to 15 thousand more a year and having more fun and taken care of it really makes me think of going to the cross-over academy.

05-22-2006, 04:26 AM
sso starts off at $36,445*

*Adjustments will be made for prior experience

check the site out it is neat, behind the scene section
www.sarasotasheriff.org/ (http://www.sarasotasheriff.org/)

05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Be careful with SSO. They are always quoted in newspapers as needing more officers. They will have you do a PAT, and an Oral Board. Then you will be interviewed by the section commander, and see the place where you will work. Just hope that they do not do to you what they did to me. After I was told that they wanted to hire me and that they were requesting that Personnel start a background check on me, the next day they said that they had a hiring freeze. The PAT and Oral Board are each only good for 6 months, and they were booked up for oral boards for 8 months or more. The application is only good for one year, so now I have to repeat the entire process, and hope that they are hiring. It was very frustrating. They need people, but do not hire the qualified applicants that they do get. Good Luck!

05-23-2006, 01:12 AM
hey been there, sounds like your the typical cpo wantabee that cant be a real cop so you stay at fldoc. well its too bad your not the cop type. it would be nice to have a real job and make some money. :P

05-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Why are you so bitter? I do not work for DC. I looked into CPO, and found that the negatives outweigh the positives for me, personally. I have no beef with those who find that it works for them. You do what makes you happy. I just wanted to point out that SSO may look like they need deputy sheriffs, but they do not seem to be hiring. That's all.

05-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Been There is right. Look at the SSO board. The employees say that the dept. is not hiring, and they are forced to work overtime.

Darth Duck
05-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Funny I really thought this forum was for the Department of Corrections :?:

05-25-2006, 02:24 AM
sure sure.