PDA

View Full Version : fldoc

05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
i hate having to use my own car to do this job. i hate not being able to earn extra money in this job such as o/t , off duty stuff, etc. i hate that we have to buy all of our equiptment/weapon supplies. i hate that i have 8 years and make a very low salary that is shameful to talk about around others. i hate that this job is such a wantabee low end criminal justice job that most laugh at when you tell them what you do for a living.

Merlin
05-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Why are you working at a job you hate?

Darth Duck
05-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Let him vent merlin, then maybe he will move on to more constructive stuff.

05-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't listen to him Merlin, he only wants himto go to the dark side! :shock:

Darth Duck
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Drats, foiled again!

GoDevil
05-19-2006, 02:35 AM
I have a problem understanding how someone can work at a job they do not enjoy. I enjoy my job, I am good at it and I make good money. If I did not enjoy what I did I would move on. This is probably the best job I have ever had. I made more money at my last job but I also had $300,000.00 invested and worked 80 hours a week. This job is a pleasure, I make $20 an hour no matter what: sit in court, go to classes or work in the field. Thank God for FLDOC. GoDevil.

VOPman
05-19-2006, 02:45 AM
i hate having to use my own car to do this job. i hate not being able to earn extra money in this job such as o/t , off duty stuff, etc. i hate that we have to buy all of our equiptment/weapon supplies. i hate that i have 8 years and make a very low salary that is shameful to talk about around others. i hate that this job is such a wantabee low end criminal justice job that most laugh at when you tell them what you do for a living.

Who says that you can't work off duty? I do. So do a lot of P.O.'s. You would actually trust the weapon that FDC purchased for you?

BTW, those people are laughing only at you.

05-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Truthfully there are many times i start the I hate my job stuff and then I leave for a kids school play or take off for a day to chaperone a field trip. I am almost always able to take care of what I need personnally and still be compensated. That is not very common in other jobs and you can't just leave a shift at "real" law enforcement.

06-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Truthfully there are many times i start the I hate my job stuff and then I leave for a kids school play or take off for a day to chaperone a field trip. I am almost always able to take care of what I need personnally and still be compensated. That is not very common in other jobs and you can't just leave a shift at "real" law enforcement.

That is one advantage the flexible schedule.

06-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Wow, here is a thief. As indicated, in thier post, they say, "I am almost always able to take care of what I need personnally and still be compensated."

06-14-2009, 04:42 AM
HEY GO DEVIL!

GOOD TO SEE YA AGAIN!

ALWAYS LIKE YOUR COMMENTS ON THE PUZZLE FACTORY KNOWN AS DOC!

:cop:

06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
DOC+PBA=FIELD OFFICERS GET THE SHAFT

06-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I like my job, where can you go and make solid retirement, work the kind of hours you want to work(flex schedule), earn almost 30 days off a year leave after 10 years, not including sick leave, get to earn more money because of the DROP. I have a lot of friends that retired on 401 k's that went into the tank, they are barely making it, yeah you probably won't get rich but your retirement is solid.

06-16-2009, 11:59 PM
HEY GO DEVIL!

GOOD TO SEE YA AGAIN!

ALWAYS LIKE YOUR COMMENTS ON THE PUZZLE FACTORY KNOWN AS DOC!

:cop:

"Good to see you again?" The post from that GoDevil character is only three years old. Pay attention to detail, Right on! You should call yourself "Right Off."

06-18-2009, 01:07 AM
I like my job, where can you go and make solid retirement, work the kind of hours you want to work(flex schedule), earn almost 30 days off a year leave after 10 years, not including sick leave, get to earn more money because of the DROP. I have a lot of friends that retired on 401 k's that went into the tank, they are barely making it, yeah you probably won't get rich but your retirement is solid.

Good points

06-18-2009, 01:37 AM
You forgot some points,

Use your family car to work in crack town.

Buy your own weapon to protect yourself.

Have a caseload of over 100 active.

Don't get a raise in over three years.

Be treated like crap by the department.

Yea, these are all really good points....

06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
You forgot some points,

Use your family car to work in crack town.

Buy your own weapon to protect yourself.

Have a caseload of over 100 active.

Don't get a raise in over three years.

Be treated like crap by the department.

Yea, these are all really good points....

And yet here you are. Do you have a head injury or just stupid?

06-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Well, answer the question Mark and Gil???

06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Well, answer the question Mark and Gil???

Phil do you have sparky here now feeding your responses ? :shock: