PDA

View Full Version : Pay raises.....

05-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Is it true that you only get the extra 2% for 5 years of service if you didnt get the 2% last year because you were under 5 years then. I was told that by someone who called PBA and he said if you got the 5.6% last yer you will only get the 3% this year unless you have 10 or more years for the extra 3%. They sure dont mention this in their PBA legislative reports that I remember.....?

05-17-2006, 02:24 AM
If last year you did not get the extra 3 because you had 4 years not 5 ,then you will get 2 % more this year. If you have over 10 years a additioanl 3% for you . All employess regardless of time will get a 3% raise. so wither, 3, 5, or 6% is yours. Thanks PBA for your work.

05-17-2006, 03:21 AM
PBA did tell us this from the very beginning. It was a news clip that got it wrong. You should sign up for PBA e-mail. This way you would get all the info ahead of time and stop all the rumers.

05-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Yeah, thanks PBA for getting me my cost of living increase- most people I know get that percentage as a base increase. I don't know about you, but my dollar doesn't stretch as far as it did a few years ago. A "raise" is what you get above the base cost of living increase. What about all the people who got the 5.6% last year, but this year are just short of the 10 years? We don't deserve anything more than the 3%? Just think, all you guys who got the extra 3% because you have 10 or more years, enjoy that little increase, because it's probably the last one you'll see in a while. If you follow PBA's logic, the only milestones that deserve recognition via payraise are the 5 and 10 year mark, and you don't get it again if you "already got it last year". Well that sounds about right for the DOC and the PBA- people, look past the rhetoric and double talk and realize that the PBA does nothing more than brag about getting us what we should already have. Great, you asked for less and you got it for us, thanks. Check out what they did for FDLE. :roll:

05-17-2006, 09:43 AM
ITS ABOUT TIME SENIORITY IS RECOGNIZED IN THE DEPARTMENT. FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS WE HAVE HAD NOTHING MORE THAN AN ENDLESS ROTATING DOOR OF NEW HIRE JITTERBUGS RUN THROUGH COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS. THE SMALL RAISE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IS GREAT!!! BUT IT IS ASHAME THE DEPT. RAN OFF SOME PRETTY GOOD PEOPLE AND THEIR EXPIERENCE IS LOST FOREVER.

Darth Duck
05-18-2006, 01:55 AM
I love all capitals. Good, use your anger, it leads to the dark side.

05-20-2006, 12:12 AM
WE ALL LOVE THE DARKSIDE!!!!!!!!!!

05-21-2006, 08:38 AM
When do we get our raises?

05-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Well that depends...as you can see, we don't get our raises at the beginning of the fiscal year, that's July 1st, when all budgets start. They have told us our raises will begin Oct. 1st. I 've seen where "they" somehow push back the start date as far back as Jan. 1st. I have always loved how our pay raises don't really occur annually, but every 15 to 18 months. Bur remember to thank PBA for the small increase to your pocket, because apparently no other agency or business provides raises for their employees.

Darth Duck
05-21-2006, 02:35 PM
No1

Darth Duck
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I would do this job for free, oops I do :D

05-21-2006, 08:17 PM
No, you don't. You pay for the privilege.

05-23-2006, 01:25 AM
I NEED TO FIND A REAL JOB THAT PAYS THIS IS THE DUMPS AND FRANKLY BORING. :shock:

05-23-2006, 01:29 AM
I NEED TO FIND A REAL JOB THAT PAYS THIS IS THE DUMPS AND FRANKLY BORING. :shock:

doesnt pay well but if you are looking for action then working the CM1 and 2 confinement units at the prisons is kind of enlightning.....

03-03-2012, 01:23 AM
ITS ABOUT TIME SENIORITY IS RECOGNIZED IN THE DEPARTMENT. FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS WE HAVE HAD NOTHING MORE THAN AN ENDLESS ROTATING DOOR OF NEW HIRE JITTERBUGS RUN THROUGH COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS. THE SMALL RAISE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IS GREAT!!! BUT IT IS ASHAME THE DEPT. RAN OFF SOME PRETTY GOOD PEOPLE AND THEIR EXPIERENCE IS LOST FOREVER.

:shock: