PDA

View Full Version : can i get an amen

05-14-2006, 02:01 PM
i am so depressed with our pay. i read a post that was talking about being upset that a new cpo makes the same as them or real close considering the amount of seniority they have. i also think that if you have a few years over a new cpo you should make more money and i mean 4 grand more atlest. i work wiht a senior officer that has 13 years and it is sad he makes i think maybe 41 thousand a year. my roommmate works for a county sheriff department and makes the seniior officers salary with 2 years as a deputy not including his o/t or other pay. i have 5 yrs here at doc and i am currently thinking of where i need to apply in the criminal justice field to receive higher pay. this job is ok but with the extra expenses we have that the dept does not provide us with and the low pay something has to give. i want to be able to make money and have a fun job. i am thinking of cross over also. i have heard from everyone that has left doc in my region and i hear nothing but postive stories and how they love the fast pace and higher wages. i like the idea that ever year i will be getting a higher wage not only from raises but because of your time on the job. the idea that i can get o/t and have the opportunities to do other things that are challenging is very attractive. i also like the idea that i can drive a dept vehicle to work and not have to beat on my own car. all of these thinigs seem obvious and i feel i am wasting my time working here for a very very very very very low wage. :cry:

05-14-2006, 02:37 PM
You can make the same salary as an leo, just work a second job like everyone else has to if you stay in this job. I know people that have 2 extra jobs.

The legislature is moving in the right direction by giving pay increases to longevity, but like every other time, it probably wont last and we will be right back to square one. maybe someday the light bulb will go off and they will realize that retention saves money.

It would be enlightening to take a poll and see how many PO's have a second or third job.

05-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior officer that makes 43, man. I am a supervisor that makes 42 with the big cad. Somebody musta tricked me or what? No wonder I don't work hard. I am over 10 too.

05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
THAT S@#KS FOR YOU, DOC SUPERVISOR MAKES A LITTLE OVER 40G. I AM AN XCPO THAT MAKES 49K AS A COP WITH 3 YEARS ON THE FORCE. I HAVE A QUESTION HOW DO YOU FEEL. I BET YOU FEEL LIKE A LOSER. HEY HAVE FUN BEING A BIG DOC SUPER DOING YOUR CASE REVIEWS AND BADY SITTING A BUNCH OF WANTABEES IN YOUR OUT DATED OFFICE SHACK.

05-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Why do X-CPO's always feel the need to come back to this forum?

05-15-2006, 10:48 PM
because they have no life and no friends to share all their wealth with. kind of like how they equate their manhood to the gun on their hip. whatever.

05-15-2006, 11:38 PM
its kind of like looking back at your high school year book and laughing. i am an ex cpo and now make the big money also.

05-15-2006, 11:47 PM
martin count ysheriff office great agency

LAW ENFORCEMENT/CORRECTIONS DEPUTY SHERIFF
Certified Step 1
$39000.00/$3250.00/$18.75

LAW ENFORCEMENT/CORRECTIONS DEPUTY SHERIFF
FTO- While Deputy is in training
$36000.00/$3000.00/$17.31

05-16-2006, 12:43 AM
You would think that 2 high rollin' big spenders like you could be out bangin' some hooker on your alleged beats. You 2 P.O.S. come on here all the time bragging about the alleged money you make. I happen to be friends with plenty of REAL LEO's who have better things to do than to come on here and brag about how greener the grass is on the other side. I have 2 words for you xcpon & no money in doc: F.U.! :evil:

05-16-2006, 01:43 AM
i loved being a poor cpo driving my own car to act like a door to door salesman.

05-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Strange, I make more money now than i did as a "real cop", as you put it. Why is that? Could it be an involvement in an investment program now or better committment to finances? It's all about how you spend according to what you make. If you make 80k yet have to spend 81k to live, you are poor! Living within your means decides if yuo are comfortable or not. We all make a choice on what we choose to do. Noone is forced to do a CPO's job or a LEO's job. That's the problem, you look at it as a "job", not a service. Until you are "service" oriented, you will not be happy at anything you do, no matter the salary. Thus endeth the sermon.

05-16-2006, 11:37 PM
well i would do better with making 50 plus as a cop. i make under 40k well i mean under 38k and i have to drive my own car and get no o/t that stinks. we have no way to get ahead no step pay plan which is crazy.