PDA

View Full Version : Electronic intelligence submissions

05-14-2006, 01:18 PM
The electronic FIs are working out great and new electronic intelligence submissions are supposed to installed next. But...

When are they going to be downloaded into our 3Ts??? It's taking forever. :?

BTW, I don't know who got the ball rolling on this issue, but thanks in advance for doing it!!! it's a GREAT idea! TU TU TU!!! :D

05-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Well a while back some of us got the experimental update to the 3t, which came with the intel report. Havent heard much about it since. So I'm not sure why other people dont have it yet. Overall it works great though, and once it goes to the switch, it automatically gets pulled off like the fi's.

05-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Well a while back some of us got the experimental update to the 3t, which came with the intel report. Havent heard much about it since. So I'm not sure why other people dont have it yet. Overall it works great though, and once it goes to the switch, it automatically gets pulled off like the fi's.Awesome!!! Can you tell us who we should see to get it downloaded into our 3T??? :?:

05-14-2006, 08:09 PM
:?: Wish I could help ya, but i'm not sure who you need to talk to. When we got the update a few months back, it was under Lt. CT. It was kinda a pain, we had to submit a new intel every night, either a valid report or test reports. I guess they were trying to see if it was going to work. nver heard anything back. my suggestion would be to just talk to your supervisor and see if they can get their hands on the update.

05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
The electronic FIs are working out great and new electronic intelligence submissions are supposed to installed next. But...

When are they going to be downloaded into our 3Ts??? It's taking forever. :?

BTW, I don't know who got the ball rolling on this issue, but thanks in advance for doing it!!! it's a GREAT idea! TU TU TU!!! :D

The Fis are worthless because now its qaunity not quality and Intellegence. Come on people give us something we really need like David and Jail Wings photo system. This is unbelievable anything for Star Trac to add more crap too the agenda. Those are road tools that are mangement bean counters lets give us something we can use.

Lieutenant X
05-15-2006, 03:00 PM
The Fis are worthless because now its qaunity not quality and Intellegence. Come on people give us something we really need like David and Jail Wings photo system. This is unbelievable anything for Star Trac to add more crap too the agenda. Those are road tools that are mangement bean counters lets give us something we can use.The quality of an FI depends on you... and on others. If you upload sh*t into the 3T, then the 3T will print out sh*t. You are the eyes and ears of the department.

Now don't get me wrong, but I'm going to use Terry Lewis as an example, even though he is a fat b*stard. As a captain, he was always telling the nightshift guys that they should be turning in FIs because there are only 3 kinds of people who are out after midnight:
1. Drunks
2. Burglars
3. Cops & delivery people.

TL does have a point there -- and STARTRAC has a good point when they request that FIs be turned in by the "eyes and ears of the department" (you).

Now that all the businesses have computerized alarm systems, we don't have to "shake & rattle doors & windows" to make sure they are locked. The alarm companies are doing that for us, which gives us more time to "introduce" ourselves to all those mystery people who are wandering around in the wee hours of the night. :mrgreen:

The new computerized FI's are great. Computerized intel reports will also be a lot better. Thanks to those who field tested them. They will be given to the supervisors really soon to be downloaded into your computers.

05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree with you they are useful but its not my priority. I would much rather know who I am out with via picture and Jail wings photosystem. The issue you are refering too assits CIB and mangement out on an easier note which is fine but I think the road guys and their tools should come first that is why I have always thought David and Jail wings should of been in the cars first but hey I am just a peon.

Lieutenant X
05-15-2006, 11:00 PM
I agree with you they are useful but its not my priority. I would much rather know who I am out with via picture and Jail wings photosystem. The issue you are refering too assits CIB and mangement out on an easier note which is fine but I think the road guys and their tools should come first that is why I have always thought David and Jail wings should of been in the cars first but hey I am just a peon.Doing FI's goes a little bit deeper then that. When officers do FI's: Officers get to know who the BGs are, as well as the good guys. Officers get to know who the local bums are, the newspaper deliverymen... and the burglars.
[/*:m:25cloo6z]
By constantly doing FI's, officers get to know who should be in their area -- and who shouldn't.
Crime goes down when lots of FI's are being done because people (and BGs) are constantly running into officers who are out doing FI's. It forces burglars to be on their toes.
Crime goes up when officers (as a whole) don't do FI's. If officers aren't doing FI's, then the BGs own the streets. [/*:m:25cloo6z]Question:
What's the name of the biggest gang in Sarasota County and what is their color?

Answer:
The Sarasota Sheriff's Office is the biggest gang and our color is green. We have more gang members then every other gang and we carry bigger sticks, bigger guns and bigger everything. Sur13, Norte14 and all the rest can't compare. We own the streets.