PDA

View Full Version : THINK ABOUT IT

05-13-2006, 05:40 AM
First let me say that I agree that there are many things in this agency that need some change and needs to be done so that we can move on and start to be a place where anyone would want to work.

Please remember there are things here like the B.E.I. and F.P.P. thing that has been going on for a long time and will not change over night but does need to changed, but it does not need to get personal. Yes there are Agents that complain about everything but I just as many Officer that complain just as much if not more, remember we are human and no matter where you work you will complain.

As far as Caaptain Gibson goes this is not the place to try and put him on the spot and try and force him to answer things as some of the posting are trying to do. He is a man of his word and he is trying to offer as much as he can but he too has people over himself.

Some of the things that we seem to be hung up on like the 10-08 time and like someone posted stating that if I dont stop at an accident then I would be in trouble. Yes you would and by all rights should be carry some paper home with you. Dont get me wrong I dont agree with it but I conduct traffic stops outside of the parks ( Environmental, Public Safety Issuies) and disabled vehicles and traffic accidents, all we have to do is adjust the time out later. Is it the right but thats what we do.

The Park Patrol verses Park Police Honestly I get sick when I hear both of them but Park Patrol is our name on paper and we just cant change because we dont like it. We all knew the name of the place befor we took the job. Like I said we do have some major problems but it is not these.

Just please remember this is a site for us to discuss things and ***** about things but not to talk to the brass and should not expect them to. The job has not changed since I have been employed here and the mission is still the same thing it has been since I signed up.

If nothing else Tally know now that there are some major problems that we as Officers and Agents are having and they need to know what they are so please keep them comming on here untill they come up with a way for us to be able to come forward and not have to fear of what will be done to us in our districts.

Once more please remember we are all adults, in a respected job and if we start tearing each other apart and fighting each other we have lost the battle already and how can we put our lives in each others hands if we cant trust our own broters and sisters in arms. We have a job to do, but the main goal is to get home with our loved ones every night.

THANKS YOU FOR READING AND HANG IN THINGS WILL CHANGE SOONER OR LATER.

07-11-2006, 01:37 AM
. :D

07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I just wanted to say that you are pretty much right on line with your long comment. I do want you to be corrected that Capt. Gibson asked all personnel during inservice to start this forum. Many of us disagreed and now look what happen. All agencies have their problems, go figure!

Your right, don't put him on the spot. However, because of his high regard for the personnel, he needs to redeem his integrity with personnel and send out a memo or something. An honest man that admits his wrong will be able to maintain that respect because he is honest! Right now, many people who put their faith in him has lost it.

He is a good person and I have a lot of respect for his intentions. However, I am disappointed in what has happened.

07-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Ref: Law Enforcement Officer's post.
I agree with the spirit of your post, but I think you're missing or avoiding the point. You said that this is a site for us to discuss things and ***** about things but not to talk to the brass. The brass ARE the problem and things will not change here until that lunatic asylum is cleaned out. It's impossible not to get personal when the head lunatic mismanages this place based on personal rather than professional considerations. We've seen the way he operates and we will never be able to come forward or trust him. And since we can't get rid of him, we have to get around him. I agree that we shouldn't be tearing each other apart and fighting each other, but with so many of the bosses snakes among us, it's hard to know who we can trust.