PDA

View Full Version : GUN IN JAIL AGAIN

05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
HEARD OUR BOYS AT THE JAIL HAD TO GO IN LOCK DOWN LAST NIGHT. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON OVER THERE... MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE WE'RE SHORT OF STAFF AND THERE ARE OVER 900 INMATES.

05-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Just keep the good work up! The low pay keeps us under staffed, and the lack of leadership and options makes the rest of us quit. I'm outa here!!

05-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Did the detective determine how the gun got inside the jail?

News Flash
05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Gun found at Sarasota County Jail

Click here (http://wwsb.com/frameset.asp?page=http://wwsb.com/news/details.asp?id=44147) for the story.

05-12-2006, 06:21 PM
HEARD OUR BOYS AT THE JAIL HAD TO GO IN LOCK DOWN LAST NIGHT. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON OVER THERE... MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE WE'RE SHORT OF STAFF AND THERE ARE OVER 900 INMATES.Maybe you forgot ITS A JAIL. They go on lockdown everyday. Hey get your facts straight before you start running your suck.

05-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Just keep the good work up! The low pay keeps us under staffed, and the lack of leadership and options makes the rest of us quit. I'm outa here!!

Or maybe it is just the sheer ignorance and lazinezz of some deputies that refuse to do their job properly and put the rest of our lives in jeopardy. Good riddance to you.
BTW it is still an open investigation people.

05-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Or maybe it is just the sheer ignorance and lazinezz of some deputies that refuse to do their job properly and put the rest of our lives in jeopardy. Good riddance to you.

Ok, that was supposed to lazineSS. Got a little fired up as my hands flew across the keys

05-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Sorry guys its one thing to miss dope but who the heck taught you how to frisk someone or pat down thoroughlly. There is no excuse. Some one is gonna get dead, Im not trashing just the CO here but the officer who put them in there car and placed them BEHIND them and drove them to the jail. Geez people can we do this correctly. Make all the excuses you want pay and etc but this really bad. Lets wake up out here

05-13-2006, 05:01 PM
When I was a rookie at the academy, we were required to gently grab the prisoners "private parts" and gently mash them to make sure there were no hard objects in them, but in todays "complaint happy" system, I'd be scared to do that now, for fear of a sexual harassment complaint. Everything has become bassackwards. :shock:

05-13-2006, 07:09 PM

Ok, that was supposed to lazineSS. Got a little fired up as my hands flew across the keys

Hey schmuck! I do my job at the jail. PAT DOWNS! PAT DOWNS! PAT DOWNS!!!!!!!!! DO YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Which trash can was the gun found in? The one by booking or up at 250?

05-13-2006, 09:10 PM

Hey schmuck! I do my job at the jail. PAT DOWNS! PAT DOWNS! PAT DOWNS!!!!!!!!! DO YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Well good. Then you are not part of the "some". Keep it up and teach the ones that aren't doing their job.
BTW Grow up. This isn't a schoolyard. No need for name calling.

05-13-2006, 10:04 PM
For the idiot who said to get my facts straight. The facts are straight if you need me to get more specific I could. No sh%t the jail is always on lock down. But when no one is let in or out of the building that's a little different than your regular lock down. I guess next time I'll just have to write you a formal report to get my point across. IDIOT :evil:

05-13-2006, 11:56 PM
found gun in the Jail for the 2 time in 6 month. To me it sounds like a mangement problem. I guess BB has done nothing to help the situation. Off course. The low pay under staffed people working 60 to 80 hours a week has to take a toll on some of us. Lets not just blame the co for this problem the arresting officer should have done a pat down as well. Everyon just want's to blame the co. not fair. It was a screw up on several people part. But I still don't see admin doing anything about it but througing blame and thats it. Maybe some things have to change and not just another promotion. As far as I know the staffing has stad the same since BB took office. Yes there may be a few more imployies but they are staff. That does not hep the problems around the agency. maybe Tom lyons needs to look into this a little more. maybe its time for a new sheriff one who cares and want's to help not just promote his buddies. In the jail they have more staff working doring the day then they have officers working. sounds a bit wrong to me. people make mistakes yes and some of them are very big ones but if the proper policies are in place and proper staffing is in place thing would work a lot better. We need to raise pay so we can get more people to work in the jail and all over but what has already bin said from the county comision is the money is not trikling down if they onley knew how bad things were and how low morale is. maybe something could be done about this. instead of saying O they just need more training. No they need more people. But I guess we will have to wait till someone get hurt or killed.

05-14-2006, 12:05 AM
found gun in the Jail for the 2 time in 6 month. To me it sounds like a mangement problem. Yep, we were talking about that today. How can we get "quality management" in the jail??? :?

Lets not just blame the co for this problem. the arresting officer should have done a pat down as well. Everyon just want's to blame the co. not fair. It was a screw up on several people part. True. :?

But I still don't see admin doing anything about it, but througing blame and thats it. Well, it's such a giant liability issue that blame has to be placed somewhere, if we can just figure out who brought the gun in the jail and which officer(s) let it slide, whether it's patrol or corrections.

Maybe some things have to change. The jail was f*cked up 25 years ago and guess what??? It's still f*cked up today!!! Nothing has changed!!! Corrections will always have problems because it's a placed filled with a bunch of criminals -- and wherever you have criminals, you have problems!!! :shock:

maybe something could be done about this. instead of saying O they just need more training. No they need more people. Yep, sometimes they act like training is the end-all and be-all to solve all our problems. :roll:

05-14-2006, 01:27 AM
another gun in the jail does not suprise me the jail is understaffed the staffing numbers are not accurate the people there for the most part have no idea about being an leo and are so brainwashed and frightened by the bullshit that goes on from the admin and the inmates that the staff look up to people like perry s, deno c, derrick h, all of which have behavioral problems and are < removed by Mod 24 >, and all should be incarcerated themselves i really dont have to point out what these supers have done but i will. big red stolicker is a known < removed by Mod 24 > and is suffering from a lack of affection. deno c ok this guy had and is having < removed by Mod 24 > with inmates had some < removed by Mod 24 > with him who was on < removed by Mod 24 > and wound up < removed by Mod 24 >. deno was in charge of the kitchen which had a deputy < removed by Mod 24 >, another female deputy who had < removed by Mod 24 > with an inmate then when he got out they married now he sold all her possesions for crack cocaine the admin knows about this I.A. knows this but nothing is done. the jail is a dog and pony show which needs somebody to step up and do the right thing lamb, dj, beck, schatz need your help before somebody gets killed, shot, taken hostage, or raped the admin does not care about you people what has the admin done to prevent this gun from entering the jail after the first one was in there for 3 weeks i will tell you what they have done ahh nothing there are safeguards like metal detectors, staffing, more training for the ones who need it like well we know who they are. good luck till next time and things happen in 3s capt scott maybe you can put your balls on the table before you need to call a deputys family because they were blown away in the jail for no reason.

05-14-2006, 05:45 AM
For the idiot who said to get my facts straight. The facts are straight if you need me to get more specific I could. No sh%t the jail is always on lock down. But when no one is let in or out of the building that's a little different than your regular lock down. I guess next time I'll just have to write you a formal report to get my point across. IDIOT :evil:

Woow with that text. You might want to write a report. I think you are lacking on the education side. :roll:

05-14-2006, 05:48 AM

You must be kidding right. Understaffed Yeah that you are. Underpaid,, No I dont think so. You get the same as the road. Go to another county and see if you get parity. There are not many out there.

News Flash
05-14-2006, 10:34 AM
The Sheriff's Office refused to release more details about the gun or its location, but said it was not in a prisoner's possession when deputies discovered it.

Jail officials are now trying to figure out whose gun it is and how it got into an area where even corrections deputies and arresting officers can't carry firearms.Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060513/NEWS/605130388/1270/NEWS0101) for the follow-up story.

05-14-2006, 10:09 PM
this is not a staffing issue, this is just an officer not doing their job correctly and someday something bad is going to come of it due to the lack of concern on their part, they also found a 16 oz beer can, crack pipe and cigs in one of the holding cells that same night all due to lack of PAT DOWNS NOT STAFFING

05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Orange county Sheriff Kevin Berry said a couple of years back. Giving the the Jail to the County and being employed by the Orange County Department of Corrections was the best thing he ever did. Sounds like a nice concept. Let the headaches go to someone else. That jail is more problems than its worth, poor staffing,management,too small,bad architecture and sally portport structure along with some questionable COs and staff. Well the criminals thats a no brainer.

Before I start a road vs jail thing. No I dont mean all the COs just a few. The road has some of those same quality individuals but it just seems like one thing after to the other with that place.

05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Orange county Sheriff Kevin Berry said a couple of years back. Giving the the Jail to the County and being employed by the Orange County Department of Corrections was the best thing he ever did. Sounds like a nice concept. Let the headaches go to someone else. That jail is more problems than its worth, poor staffing,management,too small,bad architecture and sally portport structure along with some questionable COs and staff. Well the criminals thats a no brainer.Yep, that's an awesome idea. IMO running both LE operations and correctional operations is TOO BIG of a job for one agency. That's why it's good to divide up the pie into more managable pieces. Corrections should "specialize" and they should have their own director (seperate from the sheriff's office).

Before I start a road vs jail thing. No I dont mean all the COs just a few. The road has some of those same quality individuals but it just seems like one thing after to the other with that place.Naw, it's not a "road v jail" thing at all. The issue is much bigger. The issue is specialization and managability. Trying to specialize in both corrections and LE is just too much for any one person or agency. When we were a one horse town, it was okay, but we've become too big for that nowadays. :?

05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
..............get a job you p$%K, you don't work here anymore!!! :lol:

05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
a little off the topic of a gun in the jail, but to everybody out there - the jail does not have parity (paywise) with the road. unsure about this? check out the employment section www.sarasotasheriff.org (http://www.sarasotasheriff.org)

oh, and people - please, use spellcheck if you're going to talk here. your spelling is terrible.

05-17-2006, 12:58 AM

You must be kidding right. Understaffed Yeah that you are. Underpaid,, No I dont think so. You get the same as the road. Go to another county and see if you get parity. There are not many out there.

We are not, I repeat, NOT paid the same as the road. When the road got thier increase in pay we at the jail got it right up the pooper! As for keep up the good work, yes I was being sarcastic. I do look at other departments , for Sarasota County being the wealthiest, we are UNDERPAID!!!! We are also way top heavy, the admin doesn't have a clue as to how bad it realy is. Wake up or some one is going to get killed.

05-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I heard there was state and federal leos at the jail last week. Wonder if they changed any of the regulations and policies :?:

05-20-2006, 07:31 PM
That was an accreditation(mock) team and no.

10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Deja Vu?

10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
What happened again?

10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
just another schmuck trying to stir sh**

10-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Did something really happen?

10-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Did something really happen?

10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
No drama here, move along queen....