PDA

View Full Version : Radio

05-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Jeezus H. Crist in a chicken basket ! There is one dispatcher who's killin me ! Every time I hear that voice, Zorro appears in my vehicle and thrusts his sword straight into my melon. Gotta turn the volume down, too difficult trying to drive with "El Bandito"s Wilkenson sideways through my temples. Arrrrgghh.

05-11-2006, 11:59 PM
which shift do you work?

05-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Well, since we're on the topic of radio volume...

It seems like people like to hold the mike about two feet away from their mouth when they talk, so then they have really low volume and I can't hear them... and no, I'm not going deaf. :roll:

Most of the dispatchers are okay, but there are one (or two?) who do the same thing -- they hold their microphone about three feet away from their mouth while they talk -- and it creates a really low radio volume -- and then I can barely heart them... and no, I'm not going deaf. :roll:

Sometimes it's the strangest dam thing... one person will start to talk in a low volume... and then another person... and then we have about 10 or 15 people with low volume. :roll: It doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it's bizarre!!!!

I never complain about it, but since you guys were talking about it, just thought I'd share my .02

05-12-2006, 01:48 AM
That was great on the topic of screaching voices. I about fell out of my chair. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

05-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Jeezus H. Crist in a chicken basket ! There is one dispatcher who's killin me ! Every time I hear that voice, Zorro appears in my vehicle and thrusts his sword straight into my melon. Gotta turn the volume down, too difficult trying to drive with "El Bandito"s Wilkenson sideways through my temples. Arrrrgghh.

Why don't you send that dispatcher a digi and tell him/her that the radio's too loud? There's one I sit next to who blows my ear out every time he or she keys up, not sure if it's the same one for you out there. There are ways to tell that dispatcher to turn it down without being insulting. Say it's not all the time, or say that it just started to get loud, whatever you can think of. Once someone tells us we're doing something it sticks with us and we're able to catch it when we're about to do it. That person simply might not know what he/she is doing on the radio. At the very least let the on duty supervisor know and they can find a way to address it casually.

05-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Dispatch, be advised that I'm doing a u-turn in my car.

Dispatch, be advised that I'm opening my car door now to get out of my car.

Dispatch, be advised I'm going to get out of my car now.

Dispatch, be advised bla blaaaa blah blab blaaaaaaaaaaa bla bla....Shaddup man!!!! :shock:

05-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Let's not diss our fellow Deputies please. Dan is as fine a man as I know on this force, and one who will go to the wall to help a buddy out. I personally enjoy his to the point clear transmissions, unlike some of you mumblers out there. Oh and two more things, it's "Go ahead" not "Ged",, and it's "Ten-Four" not "Tfft". Some of you can take a lesson or two from Dan. You just keep on buddy.

05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
How about splitting up the darn channels

Dan is a great guy, but why cant people just hit the x97,x98,x8 buttons. If your doing something solo. Not every needs to hear you. Its common sense If your going to a progress call voice it, go x97 so bk up knows your there but geez people talk on the radio way too much.

Just my .02

Oh and hey do you know if we can have our MDTs changed so I dont have to see all the crap in the other districts. I could really care less. It doesnt concern me so why do I need to see one hundred pending of nothing but junk from somehwere 4o miles from me.

05-21-2006, 02:31 PM
[quote="Dan Cohn":4gqnfmmy]Dispatch, be advised that I'm doing a u-turn in my car.

Dispatch, be advised that I'm opening my car door now to get out of my car.

Dispatch, be advised I'm going to get out of my car now.

Dispatch, be advised bla blaaaa blah blab blaaaaaaaaaaa bla bla....Shaddup man!!!! :shock:[/quote:4gqnfmmy]

Dan is one of the best deputies on our force - he'd do anything for anyone to help a brother or a sister out. I personally welcome his radio style. He's very clear, courteous to the dispatchers and informative. Too bad more of you couldn't pick up some of his good radio traits. :roll:

05-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I like him a lot but he does need to learn how to use his digi and not his darn radio or we can get him his own channel :lol:

05-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Harry Brayley's voice blows my eardrums out whenever he comes on the radio. Quit yelling!!!! :roll: :twisted:

05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
HENRY! HENRY ALDRICH!!!!!!!!!! YOU COME ON HOME NOW, HENRY ALDRICH!!!!!!!!!!!