PDA

View Full Version : Eotech's

05-11-2006, 03:54 AM
I was told officers are now permitted to buy Eotech sights for their carbines for duty use. You can use them at quals coming up and you are good to go. When I asked where the memo was or any particulars I was told that the chief was not going to "advertise" this change in policy. I realize this "non-advertisement", if true, is not a stretch but it still amazes me that our staff is so juvenile about our weapons. I must be missing something but what is the big deal? If I got bad info and have this all screwed up please correct me.

05-11-2006, 06:40 AM
"...but it still amazes me that our staff is so juvenile about our weapons."

I feel for you Bro'.

Imagine the death and carnage you'll now be able to inflict with your "0" diopter Eotech! It's almost unfair to use this beast!

Imagine the power... you're sighting in a bad guy with your Black Rifle at 200 yds. - preparing to center punch him... (I know... you're still feeling kinda guilty that management allows this sight's use against the civilian populous.)

You twist the focus ring for a crisper shot picture... (Feeling realy guilty now!) "Ugh crap! it doesn't have one!"

Okay - you regroup. You grab the zoom ring now to bring this scumbag even closer to his maker... (You're almost frozen with guilt!) "Shizit! There's no zoom ring either!"

"Argggghhhhhhh!"

Lesson for management:

Eotech = iron sights without the annoyance of having to line-up a 'pair' of sights!

Be very afraid of new tools!

Next week's management question: Do we have the moral authority to co-witness the red dot sight and a scope with some + diopter?

FD Bro'