PDA

View Full Version : car alarm for patrol car

05-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Does anyone know of a company in Tampa that might offer a discount on car alarms for patrol cars?

ultraman
05-10-2006, 07:55 PM
There is a shop located @ 3706 N. Florida Ave called Cholo's Car Shop. They do offer a discount for LEO's. They have done several police vehicles. (813) 977-5977.

They also tint windows for officers lower than anyone else in the area.

He will do the alarm and wndow tint for $220.00. The window tint is life time guaranteed.

Just ask for Mario Langford.

By the way, just tell then Steve gave you this information that way he will be sure to give you or any other deputy/police officer the discount.

05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks brother, I will give him a call. :D

05-13-2006, 03:35 AM
why would you pay to get an alarm on a patrol car?

05-14-2006, 01:53 PM
If you had any idea of what is carried in some, you would not ask that question.

05-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I know what is carried in a patrol car. My question really is why would you pay for an alarm for a car that you do not own. Does the sheriff expect you to put an alarm on his car?

05-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Its always not money. sometimes you do things because you think it's best. I have the car. I have a lot of my own personal items in the car, some are very expensive when I keep them in there, $100 is nothing to get peace of mind for that time.

05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info. Just for anyone else who is interested, the phone number is 997-5977.

05-16-2006, 07:37 PM
why would you pay to get an alarm on a patrol car?

Now THAT is a REALLY DUMB question!

A person pays for an alarm on a patrol car because:

1. The agency doesn't, and

2. It contains something the LEO wants to safeguard.

WHAT that may be varies from person to person and is no one else's business.

:wink:

05-17-2006, 03:10 AM
how about the sheriff reimbursing you for personal items used on duty if the car is burglarized? I just think its odd to alarm someone elses car.

05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes the car belongs to the Sheriff, but it is for my "exclusive" use. NOBODY but me drives it, and the replacement cost of the items is not all that I'm concerned about. Besides, it is tax deductable. In addition, my personal car is not really mine either...it belongs to the bank. ha ha

05-18-2006, 01:47 PM
how about the sheriff reimbursing you for personal items used on duty if the car is burglarized? I just think its odd to alarm someone elses car.

Sure, just like your employer reimburses you for your personal items that you use at work that get lost, broken, stolen or worn out.

Absurd!

:roll:

05-19-2006, 04:13 AM
Sorry to hear that your's does not but mine does.

ultraman
05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
You are very welcome sir. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. :D

05-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear that your's does not but mine does.

Yep, your watch broke so your employer bought you a new one.

Your shoes wore out so your employer bought you a new pair.

Your hearing aid batteries died so your employer bought you new ones.

Your eyeglasses prescription changed so your employer bought you new ones.

Etcetra, etcetra, ad infinitum.

8)

05-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Yes, my employer does pay for boots, and if my watch breaks on duty (in a use of force situation or similar) they do reimburse us. No as to your other smart ass comments, no they don't replace glasses because our presciption change.
ad infintum.

05-21-2006, 04:09 PM
If your employer buys your boots its because it is a speciality item that they require - like firefighters' turnout clothing.

I'm sure they would replace an employee's $5000 Roxex watch if it got broken.

Not to mention the other ad infinitum items I mentioned.

And, of course, they reimburse you for any personal item of yours that is stolen from the workplace.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-22-2006, 03:55 AM
NO, they pay for regular duty boots, nothing special. Obviously there are limits and they are not going to replace a damaged rolex maybe a timex but not a rolex. As for the stealing from the workplace I am not sure because I have not heard of any incidents of that although I'm sure it has occured.

05-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Finally, you arrive at the point.

Deputies pay for alarms on their cars to protect their personal items from THEFT.

I doubt that any employer reimburses employees for their losses due to THEFT.

Your employer pays for boots? The Sheriff's Office pays for multiple sets of different style uniforms and all kinds of equipment except firearms and shoes.

This entire thread started because of concern about protecting personal items from THEFT.

Perhaps now you get it.

:wink:

05-23-2006, 12:22 AM
He won't get it, he is playing the my job is better than your job game. Pretty soon he will be telling us how far he can urinate.

05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Nah, that is not true. From what I've been told you guys have it pretty good. I just think that you should not have to pay for an alarm on a car that is the sheriff's. If it is burglarized a report would be generated and you should be remimbursed for any personal items used on the job that are stolen. Obviously from your hostile posts that is not how it works. I'm done.

05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Nah, that is not true. From what I've been told you guys have it pretty good. I just think that you should not have to pay for an alarm on a car that is the sheriff's. If it is burglarized a report would be generated and you should be remimbursed for any personal items used on the job that are stolen. Obviously from your hostile posts that is not how it works. I'm done.

You misspelled the last word. It's not "done;" it's "dumb."

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

05-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Thats it, I'm dumb. You guessed it. Good luck with your alarm, I'm sure it will prevent people from burglarizing it as we all know how well they work.

05-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Thats it, I'm dumb. You guessed it.

Naw, it wasn't a "guess."

You demonstrated it! :P

05-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Yep, your watch broke so your employer bought you a new one.

Your shoes wore out so your employer bought you a new pair.

Your hearing aid batteries died so your employer bought you new ones.

Your eyeglasses prescription changed so your employer bought you new ones.

Etcetra, etcetra, ad infinitum.

You have some great ideas. Maybe we can get these perks into the next CBA :roll: :roll: :roll: