PDA

View Full Version : TURNOVER LATELY?

05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
IS IT JUST ME OR HAS YOUR AREA SEEN A LARGE INCREASE IN CPO'S LEAVING FOR YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF OFFICES AND POLCIE DEARTMENTS. I HAVE NOTICED MANY IN THE LAST 5 YEARS LEAVE. THE PROFILE OF THE CPO'S THAT LEAVE ARE USUALLY BETWEEN THE AGE OF 23 THRU 35 AND ALL ONLY HAD TOPS 6 YRS BEFORE LEAVING.

05-09-2006, 01:25 AM
well i would too. the people that are leaving for sheriff depts in my area are making right of the bat 7 thousand dollars more and you cannot put a price on all of the other things they get. vehicle asisgned, details, overtime, equiptment , allowances, you name it. 8)

05-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Turnover? I believe the last current estimate of Cicuit 17 is that of all of its current correctional probation officers, 50% have less than 2 years experience.

05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
CAN CENTRAL OFFICE READ THIS AND PROVIDE THE TURNOVER RATE FOR EACH CPO CLASS PER COUNTY ? IF SO WOULD YOU POST IT.

IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO COMPARE THE LAST 10 YEARS, YEAR BY YEAR ....WONDER WHAT IT WOULD REFLECT ?

05-11-2006, 01:37 AM
No one in CO is going to respond on this website nor are they going to provide you with statistics that will make them look negatively. You want that info, file a request under the Freedom of Infomation Act.

05-11-2006, 09:58 PM
There's always inside informants too.

Darth Duck
05-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Turn over has alot of factors besides the Department. I mean in the southeast real estate has gone up 200% and the pay has not quite kept up. If your significant other isn't the primary bread winner you will have a hard time keeping up a family. The legislature or the department keeps raising the base pay but the yearly "raise" is supposed to great when it is 6%. 6% when a house cost $300,000 on average. The bottom line is they just don't pay enough and keep raising the requirements. Now, we are supposed to do it for god and country and not even worry about pay because it is our duty to protect the people of Florida. Is that whining?

05-12-2006, 11:55 PM
i left years ago for a better job (police dept) :P and better pay best move i ever made.

05-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I would have left years ago, but once you start down the dark path forever it will rule your destiny.

05-13-2006, 01:50 PM
i thought the same but after 5yrs i am making postive steps to leave. i have 2 more months until i am leo certified. i paln on going to the jax sheriff office.

05-28-2006, 10:21 PM
06-1 has lost about 11 people in 1 year. Most of those that left are due to the new supervisors that arrived at that time. Ms Allen is quite a polished LIAR who seems to have a protective shield around her with circuit as they've been made aware of many of the complaints and choose to do NOTHING about it. Why? Perhaps because the office always has great stats, but that's quite easy to do when you change the due dates on everything that doesn't get done on time. She is horrible about disseminating emails and info to the field staff (the latest being her not telling us the auditor was coming so when the auditor got there, she was met with many surprised officers who had to scramble to get files to her). Oh, that's just the tip of the iceberg, but the icebergs have been building up so much over the past year that those of us left there are just holding on for dear life.

05-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Never mind turnover. People tend not to apply for promotions. We had two openings for CPSO in our office in the last 9 months. First position had three applicants. One declined at the last minute, another blew off the interview. CA et al interviewed the remaining applicant.

The recent CPSO position had only one applicant. The CA et al interviewed the one person.

Doesn't that tell someone something???

05-31-2006, 12:17 AM
wanna see YA as the DCA?
Better CYA if you know what I mean

06-04-2006, 01:57 PM
It should take YA a while to reach her goal of CA in Pinellas because we all know her meal ticket (Gail Red****) isn't in Pinellas anymore to promote her into a position for all the wrong reasons (sisterhood can go a long way these days)

06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
i am going to hcso

06-09-2006, 04:00 AM
We seem to be fully staffed at most times, it is because we have a awesome supervisor.

06-09-2006, 04:07 AM
We seem to be fully staffed at most times, it is because we have a awesome supervisor.

It is funny how that works. Treat people with respect, let'em do their job with no encumbrances. Provide support from the supervisory and administrative levels. You got game! We need more of that! Take note CO!

06-09-2006, 10:43 PM

South Florida is guaranteed to almost surely have high turnover due to the cost of living - even wih the 2,700 CAD the pay for a CPO in West Palm etc. is probably like a north Florida officer making $ 22,000 a year whether they have a good supervisor or not. Central and North Florida probably does have low turnover at a select few offices if they have good supervisors there keeping the stress level down.

06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
we lost a cpo 1 to the sheriff office a few weeks ago and i hear a few more are planning on leaving for the local leo agencies soon. we have lost many and we continue to lose cpo's yearly to greener grass. :cry:. It is hard to retain cpo's when they leave and make more money and save more money which equals to a much better financial situation all around. i have noticed that the cpo's that we have stayed would stay if the job payed 25k. The rest that leave are the smart ones. I am waiting for the opportunity to get into a leo department soon and i have under 2 yrs as a cpo.

06-12-2006, 01:52 AM
In reference to Ms Allen at 061 it never ceaces to amaze me how the people who work for her cower down. As stated in an earlier post how the nunmbers are so totally manipulated and circuit can't see this. They can't see how if her lips are moving that she is lying. Then when an opportunity comes along no one will stand up and speak out they are so afraid of her. Recently she sent six people home for in approiate atire and one of the officers was wearing a probation officer shirt. Being it was "cotton" and on a female officer she felt that it was not approiate. Nothing was said and no calls were made to circuit . So she just continues to do her own thing and or course has the mindless wonders as her cronnies,

06-12-2006, 11:42 AM
I agree. If she had tried to send me home, I would have gone straight to circuit and asked them if my clotheing was appropriate. If they said yes, I'd happily return to work. If they said no, I'd drive my happy ass to region and as Barb. Oh, did I mention claim mileage for this, as it is considered "work related".
Folks at 06-1, we all know it's easier said than done, but you guys have got to come together and stand up. If she's tight with dave rice, then go to ward. If not ward, head to region. No one is going to fire you for standing up for yourselves. start keeping individual logs of what you turn in and when, and when she gives it back with a newly created due date. i've kept logs, and I showed it to a particular supervisor who was giving me shit. kind of stopped the harassment, if you know what i mean. you have to keep detailed records, each of you, of what goes on. but don't keep it at work...she certainly goes through your desks, as one of my bosses did.

and in reality, if she gets pissed, can your life really get any more miserable than it is now?

06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I agree. If she had tried to send me home, I would have gone straight to circuit and asked them if my clotheing was appropriate. If they said yes, I'd happily return to work. If they said no, I'd drive my happy ass to region and as Barb. Oh, did I mention claim mileage for this, as it is considered "work related".
Folks at 06-1, we all know it's easier said than done, but you guys have got to come together and stand up. If she's tight with dave rice, then go to ward. If not ward, head to region. No one is going to fire you for standing up for yourselves. start keeping individual logs of what you turn in and when, and when she gives it back with a newly created due date. i've kept logs, and I showed it to a particular supervisor who was giving me shit. kind of stopped the harassment, if you know what i mean. you have to keep detailed records, each of you, of what goes on. but don't keep it at work...she certainly goes through your desks, as one of my bosses did.

and in reality, if she gets pissed, can your life really get any more miserable than it is now?

The people who make the most noice, tend to get left alone in the current environment.

06-12-2006, 10:34 PM

People seem to have bad things happen to them at their job when they make legitimate complaints and all the documenting seems to do is keep you from getting official write ups or fired from your job, but does nothing to stop the unofficial harassment you get from pointing these things out to the higher ups. At most you will be the one moved to the far away office to stop the complaints.