PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back, Michigan Guy!

05-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Well, welcome back, Michigan Guy.

Don't get all upset by a little "leg pulling." It is actually quite enjoyable to read your posts.

However, you DO need to realize that ANYONE who boasts continually to a bunch of cops about how "intelligent" and "mature" he is - is going to receive a lot of zingers, because real cops don't talk like that. :D

Please feel free to continue to post. :wink:

How's the job hunt going in Michigan?

05-07-2006, 03:53 AM
I realize that a lot of it is leg pulling. And I must say if I was on the other side I would probably be the same way. I don't mean it to come out as me saying how mature and intelligent I am. I just wanted to get the point across that I'm not your stereotypical "kid" like people seem to insist. Anyways, not really job hunting right now. I'm working assets protection in retail and will be going through the Police Academy in January. Then the Job hunting begins.

05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Loss prevention is probably the best venture for you, if you need more of a challenge check with Wackenhut they may be looking for greenhorns with no life experience and something to prove. I guarentee that my agency wont hire you, we are looking for experience, preferably in the LEO field.

I hope that you re going through Michigan's police acedemy because I feel you probably wont make it through a FL or FHP academy.

05-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Now there's no need to be nasty to Michigan Guy.

His last post sounded much more mature than some of the stuff he posted in the past.

Besides, odds are that he will make more felony apprehensions (not arrests) in a year as a rent-a-cop than most FHP troopers will. :P

05-22-2006, 01:05 AM
While it is true that FHP is not know for their police work, Michigan guy still is not very mature and that current trend in hireing is to hire people with LEO experience and/or life experience.

No, before you type Michigan guy the mean corridors of your high school or junior college do not count, I am talking about steady work history or honorable discharge from the military, for a four year degree.