PDA

View Full Version : If you could change, add, or delete any one thing in your

05-06-2006, 12:52 AM
What would you do? Here is your crystal ball.

05-06-2006, 01:13 AM
I WOULD POLYGRAPH TOP MANAGEMENT DOWN TO CIRCUIT. YOU WORK AT MY DISCRETION. signed: JESUS MARTINEZ

05-06-2006, 04:34 AM
I would ask to be told the truth behind upper level management actions. There has to be some reasonable answers to their irrational actions against common sense.

05-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I can understand a desire to know the reasoning behind some decisions by management but consider this - we complain that we do not have enough time in 40 hours to perform our assigned duties. Where do you think the time will come from to review each and every element that is considered in making a policy change. What bureau will be created and who will staff it that will document a history of the event that set the wheels in motion resulting in a procedural change so a document will exist for the curious to read? Who will conduct the interviews of each and every person who took part in feeding the bureaucrates data resulting in the procedure change - they will need to be interviewed to explain how they arrived at their conclusions and copies of any documents, surveys and/or statistics they relied on must be collected? Maybe I spent too much time being raised by my parents and being in the military because while I might question how in hell some decisions were arrived at, I remember these sayings and find they save me a lot of stress - "Do as I say, not as I do." "Ours is not to reason why - we are to do or die." I may hate it from time to time but I figure as long as I'm where I am in the dung heap, I do the "do or die" and if a procedure is wrong and I have followed it, I am protected and my job is safe - not following it is a different story.

05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
get rid of zero tolerance for technical violations, not including positive drug tests, for non violent offenders. Lets put some common sense back in our job.

05-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I would like not to be a collections agent. Time and resources are wasted on compiling information, maintaining and trying to cajole our offenders to pay monetary obligations. If DOC wants to collect monies from offenders it should be the collection of DOC related monies and let the courts collect their own. As for restitution issues, we can easily violate them for non-payment if they are not paying it to the courts. This new payment system has created more of a headache as evidenced by these deposit slips and I am sure you all know what I mean by those, along with issues of payments getting to Tally and so forth. Ugh. :roll:

05-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Give it to someone who did.

05-07-2006, 06:13 PM
case load equalization should go

05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
i would want to make at lest 45 grand with my 11 yrs and i would want a take home car gear and gun issued lots of o/t and basically just a real job.