PDA

View Full Version : PT at the HCC academy???

05-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi all,

I am in the process for the law enforcment integrity scholarship. I took the physical agility assessment a few weeks back and one of the things that was mentioned during the morning that all physical training (running, push ups, etc.) has been virtually eliminated from the academy at Hillsborough Community College, and that the physical training is done during the Sheriff's Office module training. I have heard a number of different variations of the same information, so I am trying to figure out what is the true story. Any info, advice, etc...would be greatly appreciated.

05-06-2006, 12:58 AM
I advise you.................

to get in shape. It doesn't matter what the academy or module requires. If you aren't in shape you are going to have trouble when you hit the streets.

:wink:

05-06-2006, 01:53 PM
The only PT in the HCC academy curriculum is in the Defensive Tactics module. However, if you are accepted for the Integrity scholarship plan to PT at 6:30 AM once or twice a week while in the academy. This usually consists of strength training for 30 minutes followed by a 2 mile run.

Physical fitness is now a priority during recruit training (academy and module) at HCSO. If you show up out of shape, you will regret it.

05-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info everyone!