PDA

View Full Version : Your Comments Are Welcome

Pages : [1] 2 3

Greg Gibson
05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I had been reading through some of the issues discussed on previous message boards, but I assume that everything has been deleted with the migration to the newly revised website. I am putting this entry out as an offer to listen to those within our organization who would like to engage in an honest and open dialogue about the future of our agency. The only way that we can improve is to pull together as a team, as opposed to pulling ourselves apart. Please don't get me wrong, I understand that no one is going to be happy with his or her job all the time, but we certainly can work to spread accurate and timely information throughout our ranks so that rumor, speculation, and innuendo do not wreak havoc on morale. I cannot offer any promises about what can or cannot be changed as a result of your feedback, but I can promise that I will hear and address your needs to the very best of my ability. Feel free to call me to discuss your ideas (850) 245-2897.

05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Most of know you are a man of your word, but the problem is that if we come forward with real complaints or what we may think is a complaint, history has proven that when it back to our districts we will have to pay for what we said. :P

05-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Ok since you brought it up. Why are you calling us Florida Park Patrol?? As I recall the agency spent much money to change our appearance and patches and uniforms so that we are recognized a Florida DEP Officers which do more than just signify us as glorified armed park rangers. Another note is one Captain calls it Florida Park Police and you stated "Florida Park Patrol" I trully love this agency and what it has to offer but shouldnt the brass be on the same page?

One minute we are State LEOs and the next we are Park Cops confined to a park which by the ways makes NO SENSE. (Traveling to a Park to go in service ) Does my jurisdiction begin there or something ? What happens if I do a stop before reaching my assigned parks and I get into something? Am I not covered because agency policy says Im not officially in service yet?. Please revisit this policy and review it. We are State LEOs and should not be treated as children. You have given us the power to enforce laws and if god forbid even take a life but yet we cannot go on duty from our residence. Last time I checked I live in my district and I am still south of Georgia. Its like each District is its own little Police Department.

No disrespect but honest questions, I sincerely appreciate your comments on here as it says a lot for your character.

Another question is why can we not have David software put in our patrol units. We cover several hundred square miles each day. I would at the very least welcome the chance to see who I am dealing with especially since we know all the people give us accurate information. Please do not compare us to the old days as many senior staff do. I would like to think we have progressed just as any other agency without the stigma of old comparisons.

Again thanks for the opportunity to vent and I hope to get some honest insight without a jaded response.

05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Thank you Captain Gibson for your attempt to reach out to those in the field.

I,for one, did enjoy the outstanding efforts of OPET in the recent in-service training. I was impressed. I am very interested in becoming a part of the instructional team here at DEP.

I think one of the biggest concerns I have is that each district is run completely different than the other. Even within the districts, our supervisors do not communicate with each other. My Captain has yet to even see the locations that I work or the concerns I have within my area. This needs to be addressed. If I were to even speak about helping the adjoining district with a problem or concern, it is immediately shot down. Don't we work for the same agency and for the same cause?

Communications with other agencies outside of DEP also needs to be addressed. I assist all agencies at any given time, and I have oustanding results in resolving problems between all agencies.

As the last post stated, we should be addressed as DEP Law Enforcement instead of FPP. Other state agencies are not addressed as to a specific task that they perform. DOT MCCO is not addressed as the "Overweight Truck Patrol" nor is FWC addressed as "the Fish and Wild Animal Patrol". This would give us better overall job recognition.

Hopefully this posting from you will begin a new positive phase toward better working conditions for all involved within the agency. The key to all involved is to keep it respectful and to be open to new ideas from the field.

Greg Gibson
05-05-2006, 02:08 AM
I am greatly encouraged by your feedback. To answer your question about why I called us the "Florida Park Patrol": That is still the official designation of our bureau within DEP paralance. My reference to this official designation does not, by any means, indicate any condescension as I have nothing but the highest regard for the prefessional abilities of our members. We are all law enforcement professionals of the highest calibre: a fact about which I have not doubt. Even though other agencies have chosen not to be identified by specific mission assignments, we have have taken a posture that identification by our unique mission title is not an albatross but an indicator of pride in our role within the broad field of state law enforcement.

The issue of going 10-8 from our residences has been explored, and the agency's stance is that our work day officially begins when we reach our assigned posts, our specific parks or other work stations (in my case GHQ). While I understand your point, this is the position of the agency and case law exists to support it. The only plausible manner in which this matter might be properly addressed is within the context of future contract negotiations.

David software is forthcoming, now that we have the aircards. We are supposed to receive this feature at the same time we get the E-Agent software installed for use. I cannot give you an exact timeframe, but it is going to happen. It will be a great innovation, no doubt.

We are, in fact, one state agency and not several small agencies. We do need to work together, especially if we have issues that cross district boundaries, but we must communicate these needs through our chain-of-command so that everyone is on the same sheet of music. If, in the course of your duties, you encounter such an issue, please communicate it through the appropriate channels so that district captains can communicate. Likely, they will bring these issues to the attention of GHQ, should additional assistance be required.

Communication at every level is vital. The Chief has been working very hard to promote this as a high priority issue. You should see more dsitrict meetings and better information coming your way. If you don't, please let me know. District captains, lieutenants, and officers must all appreciate the fact that we need to share information so that we can operate at the highest efficiency level possible. Also, keep working on rapport with other agencies... to know that you are already doing so is a testament to your perceptiveness. We all depend upon each other for intel, back-up, and any number of other valuable services.

I realize that some of my answers above may not be what you would like to hear, but as I said at first, I will address your comments and questions honestly.

I appreciate the dialogue. Please keep the ideas coming! Thanks. :)

05-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Captain Gibson, Thank you for your concern with our problems. I also have issuies, but I do love my job and would not to work anywhere else as do most of the other Officers who work here.
As I said I do have issuies but I don not feel you should have to explain things in detail on the internet. Maybe a way you could do it by conducting a F.P.P. survey with a way that Officers will not think they be indentified by a post mark. This is the only way Tallahassee will get a understanding of how we feel. Some pf the things you explained are things that a lot of us already knew and with some research they could have found out also. (not they weren't real concerns to those Officers)
After a survey you or the Major could go to all the districts and try to put some of the issuies to rest or explain reasons things can not be done about them. We do understand alot of these things can not be changed by the upper command.

05-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I believe that you have a great heart. However, after an inservice, during a "Nows your chance to talk" episode, a phone call was made to a Captain and the rath was felt by the officer. That is exactly what was referred to by a previous posting. It' real, it's alive, and it's breathing. Yes, most do appreciate your thought, but it is a fact of life!

As to a survey, one was already completed and low marks were noted from our division! No corrective action has been noted by those in the field. Why another survey?

Good luck Captain, you are a good person and we love our jobs for the most part. We just understand the fact of life!

05-07-2006, 12:41 PM
"The issue of going 10-8 from our residences has been explored, and the agency's stance is that our work day officially begins when we reach our assigned posts, our specific parks or other work stations (in my case GHQ). While I understand your point, this is the position of the agency and case law exists to support it. The only plausible manner in which this matter might be properly addressed is within the context of future contract negotiations."

Can you post the case law in which you refer to?

05-08-2006, 02:02 AM
I do not know what you are talking about. Prime example of your context "The Agency" not the Div of LE. This is why we have issues. You have people with NO law Enforcement background making decisons that can effect our lives.

Your reference of case is sincere but without doubt, a questionable issue. We are no different than, FHP,DOT,Sheriff's or any other Law Enforcement Officer. We are Sworn Officers certifed by the State of Florida and employed by DEP Div of LE. If something is too happen from our home to an assigned area. Im sorry our assigned area is a District which includes a county or counties. We do not lose arrest power from one location to the next. We have blue lights and we can enforce laws outsie of a park. As you mentioned earlier. We are no longer Florida Park Patrol. You appeared to contradict yourself earlier. We are not part of Florida Park Service. We merely enforce laws inside the park and that means police the employees within and that includes Managers,rangers,etc.

Personally I am not stuck on the issue of your identity crisis but I do disagree whole heartedly with not being able to go in service from my driveway. I should not have to run to gate entrance to say Im on duty. That is childish and If I do not stop for a crash because I am not on duty and someone sees me. YES THATS RIGHT I AM IN DERELICTION OF DUTY, So please show me case law that says I am not a sworn officer and not required to stop because i do not want to be late for work touching a fence post entrance.

05-08-2006, 07:57 PM
A survey was, in fact, conducted last year, and BPP personnel indicated that we needed to improve top-down communications. To that end, the Chief implemented Monday afternoon conference calls with all captains and lieutenants in order to get information directly from Tallahassee to agency managers. The idea is to have captains and lieutenants directly informed of initiatives, general information, and everything else that is relevant to our officers' needs as well as to encourage inter-district dialogue. Hopefully, this has improved communication to some degree. Likewise, OPET has really done a lot to include "conversation time" between management and staff during the recent in-services. The Chief regularly forwards informational e-mails to the field. I am open to any other ideas that anyone might have about how we can improve communications beyond what is already being done.

As far as telephone calls to supervisory personnel and alleged retaliation against folks for speaking their mind during a recent in-service, I am not aware of this having transpired. Our intent in these conversations has been to solicit honest feedback so that we can identify and address needs. Sometimes, this information might have to be pushed out to district management for appropriate resultion, but it is not done so in terms of "so-and-so told 'us' this." The Chief and I are willing to take your calls and discuss any such concerns, if anyone so desires.

I am sorry if I have not been understood clearly in my reference to "the agency". I do not differentiate in my mind between our bureau and the overall division. Our bureau is granted a great deal of autonomy by division management, but we always remain accountable to division goals, objectives, and expectations. We are all, first and foremost, sworn members of the DEP Division of Law Enforcement, and we endeavor to work cooperatively with all of our sister bureaus and customers within and without DEP.

As far as the question of compensation for commuting time, it is counterproductive to compare our agency's practices to those of others. The fact is that some agencies require employees to attend roll calls, check-ons, and other such post drive-time activitities before actually beginning their on-duty time and other agencies do not. These practices have been repeatedly affirmed as being within the purview of management discretion, a fact which can be verified by anyone wishing to conduct such research. Since our mission is to patrol DEP managed lands (i.e., parks, greenways, etc.) and our need is to maximize coverage within our respective areas, our bureau requires the commencement of the normal workday after arrival in one's assigned work area. If, during the course of one's commute, a member encounters a situation that poses a threat to public safety (as described by policy), it is expected that the member shall take the appropriate action(s) necessary. Overtime accrued during the course of such activities will be adjusted or compensated in accordance with standard practices.

My desire has been and continues to be the creation of greater trust within our ranks and a corresponding improvement in communications up and down the chain-of-command. I again encourage those interested in holding a productive conversation to reach out and discuss issues openly. The best way for us to address items of genuine concern is to have direct contact with each other that is not shrouded by the curtain of anonymity. Please call me with your concerns so that we might talk.

Respectfully,

Greg Gibson
05-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry. The last post was from me. For some reason, my name did not attach.

05-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Capt, would you comment on the rift between BPP and BEI? It seems as if the two bureaus of the division are getting further apart instead of working more closely together.

05-09-2006, 01:46 AM
So it is a management issue not a case law as you earlier refered too?

We do understand you and Chief had good intent in the open forum. We just want to make sure you know what is happening in the field.

Respectfully submitted.

05-09-2006, 04:34 AM
Although I call myself BEI, know that I am not speaking for all of BEI, but I will tell you this ... there is no rift at the patrol officer level, just lack of communication. So why are you hearing about this rift. This perception is unforunately coming from above; Our leaders need to play together better. They need to get on the same playing field. I am amazed how seperate the two bureaus are, but we're all supposed to be the same division.

Most recently, patrol gets air cards for laptops, BEI - nope. This causes a little grumbling ... not much. BEI works 9 hour days and is paid for 8, Patrol- 8 hours. <grumble> Patrol is encouraged to be law enforcement officers and take action where appropriate, BEI is absolutely discouraged from taking any immediate law enforcement action. This argument is validated by the nine hour day. Clearly, if we are told we are " off the clock" for lunch, then the commanders do this for a purpose; they expect we will not take any L.E. action when an armed gunmen walks into a restaurant and starts shooting. Yes, BEI does have unmarked cars and plain clothes, and in some cases slightly more pay, but at what expense.

Next the hurricanes. BEI were always assigned to tag along with patrol squads. Any good supervisor knows you take care of your own first. This often left BEI out in the cold with the assignment no one else wanted. I understand why patrol supervisors did this, but now, as a result, BEI will no longer be working with patrol on hurricane deployments. Now, instead, BEI will be working ESF 12, that is, we will be security guards at fuel tanker deployment depots. I'm not exactly sure we made out in this deal.

In summation, the perceived rift is coming from poor coordination and seperation between our two divisions. If the commanders would get on the same page, standardize policy and equipment, encourage dialogue and interaction then this rift would be allieviated.

Personally, I have complete respect for our patrol bureau and utilize them every opportunity that presents itself. The patrol Lt. and officers in my district are second to none. They are there to provide help to BEI whenever called upon. The perceived rift comes from to much seperation at the top. Let's standardize policy and come together as one ... ya know like a normal LE agency. "The grass is always greener on the other side until you get over there and find it's artificial turf."

05-09-2006, 07:40 AM
I’m sorry for you good Officers and Agents in DEP's DLE. Nothing will change as long as Tom Tramel is running your division. Look at the turn-over rate, the transfers, the terminations, the hirings, the promotions, the vendors, the travel records, the law suits, etc. since he’s been in charge, and then ask yourself the following questions. Is Tramel a dedicated and talented law enforcement professional devoted to protecting Florida’s environment, or is he a political hack feathering his own nest, providing jobs for his friends, and riding a gravy train toward his own retirement? Is he really interested in your opinions, or is he only interested in your unquestioning personal loyalty to him? Considering that Florida’s law enforcement talent pool is a virtual ocean teaming with administrative leviathans, haven't you ever wondered why the political powers that be fished a guppy from a shallow stagnant estuary to fill such an important position? If you’re not sure about the answers, do the research. I did. Just keep some extra strength Rolaids nearby when you do!

formeragent

05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
When I asked about the rift in an earlier post, I was referring to the management and not the officers/agents.

I truly believe that for DEP LE to survive, we need to get rid of the separate bureaus and just have a DLE. The further the two bureaus get pulled apart, the worse off we are.

05-09-2006, 02:53 PM
I am a firm believer in merging both departments into a DEP DLE. Even in the smallest agencies, you will find that investigations MUST work with the officers to get the job completed.

Even within my district, we are not permitted to call investigations for assisitance until we get the o.k. from the "copper top" in Tally. This is insane. I believe that we in the field are very capable in determining if or when investigations needs to be called. Investigations is always willing to help at any given moment.

Once again, communications and egos fall into place. I am tired of politics being involved in every decision being made. If the street officers didn't share information to get the job done, the bad guys would being further ahead of us then they are presently. Every district within the agency has special needs and wants. You can not compare what happens in the S.E. district to what happens in the Central district. Even within districts, the needs are different. The brass MUST see what the needs are for each individual officer. Stop trying to compare N.W. Florida with Miami,Orlando,Tampa or Jacksonville.

Between the high turnover because of low pay, these issues I have listed above are almost always mentioned by officers leaving this department. Please listen to the wants,ideas and concerns of each individual officer. This is where it all begins and ends.

05-09-2006, 05:12 PM
The reason speaks itself. You have a Captain who can not get out of his head Florida Park Patrol. The Agents investigate Environmental crimes. We on the other other hand are Park Police and can not even begin as a law enforcement officer until I touch a park gate. Remeber our management has been rangers and management of the Park service for years and will not let go. The other are not even law enforcement and never have been. So until we merge and get this mentality as the Captain quote per GHG" We are Florida Park Patrol" thats mentality will eventually die out with the old timers but hopefully we will still be around when that happens if we dont merge with some other agency...ie...FWC

Greg Gibson
05-09-2006, 08:29 PM
What more can I offer to you than a receptive and respectful audience?

I will repeat my intent one last time for the benefit of clarity.

To those whose sincere desire it is to bring about positive change through communication: I again offer you the opportunity to call the Chief or me with your ideas, suggestions, and criticisms.

To those who find greatest comfort in pessimissim and negativity: There is little, if anything, to be gained from persisting in a deteriorating exhange that is not advancing the greater good of this organization.

To the casual reader: Please know that our agency is committed to its mission and to fostering a positive enviroment in which each and every member is valued as a unique part of this team.

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve you.

Respectfully,

05-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Once again Captain, the offer for communications on behalf of the FPP supervisors is appreciated.

I for one, am very interested in progressing forward in trying to make this a better agency. Most of the postings in this topic, I feel, have been positive. It is unfortunate that we will always have the few detractors and malcontents. The overall feel from the officiers in the field hopefully will change when conditions improve.

Please don't feel that the postings represented here are the overall mood of the agency. I will continue to keep the line of communications open with Tally. A phone call can make the difference.

05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Captain Gibson, I truly respect you for stepping up to the plate and throwing your hat in. The majority of us want to see positive change and realize that that can only happen with positive,or at least civil, communications.

The weekly conference calls are a great idea, but please keep in mind that the conference calls are with the Lt's. There are some Lt.'s that hold the idea that knowledge is power and do not pass on the information. The only information that I have heard cominig from the conference calls is information on what we can't do. It also is giving more power to the "they" said this and "they" said that excuses. What I mean by that is that when you ask for something that the Lt does not want you to have or asked a question that the Lt. does not know the answer to, then you get the patented answer " they or Tallahassee told us on the that you can't do that". Like I said it is a great idea, but not implemented as I am sure you envisioned that it would be.

The District meetings are good, but again I do not want ya'll to think that there are no problems,that we are all content or could care less about attending because we do not say anything in the meeting. There is always the threat of retaliation looming over our heads. It might be in the form of something as simple as being scheduled for less than desireable hours, being denied OPS, off duty or annual leave request. Trust me when I say that this is real.
Maybe meeting with the officers separately from their chain would help.

As far as BEI goes, I really like all of the investigators in my area and we all get along wonderfully. However, there is always that bit of tension that creeps in when I need to call them or I know that they are going to be contacting me to help them. It does come from the top. I do not know what the answer is, but I do see us drifting further apart. I think that the suggestion to put us all under DLE is an idea worth considering.

Just a note to those posting here. Please try to keep it civil. If you have a criticism, try to have a solution. This an opportunity that we have never had . Let's try to make the best of it and create positive change.

05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I read BEI's response to the rift question with great interest. Now I ask you, Captain Gibson, will you take the lead in addressing these issues of mending the fences? Or will the legitimate concerns expressed here once again be dismissed as "just complaining?" We all FPP and BEI want to open lines of communication. The cut lines are way to high for us to reach.

05-10-2006, 05:56 AM
[/quote]Once again Captain, the offer for communications on behalf of the FPP supervisors is appreciated.

I am not a detractor and unfortunately to the supervisor who is totally up the brass end, please do not speak for me as I am just stating facts. I do not want to hear political comments such your speaking at a conference. I would like answers and its apparent that you can not give them.

Please state the case law on the issue of going in service in our vehicle as we are not officially on law enforcement status until reaching a post?

Please state the case law to where you can take a law enoforcement investigators hour away from them and charge them an hour for lunch like they are a office employee?

Please show me as too where my car and patch reads Florida DEP STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT and yet you still refer to us as park patrol.

As far a scalling the chief and expressing views. It is obvious that you have no communication bearing with the troops because you would know that would be cutting our own throat in advancement.

I applaud you for starting this discussion but please for once look at us as Police Officers and not as Rangers. I think we have earned it.

05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Cpat Gibson,

It is so disheartening that this has already come to this in this forum. However, they are questions and issues brought up that you have not responded to. Case Law?

I think it is time the management realizes that there are educated Law Enforcement Officers out there that want to bring this agency to the next level. However, just like the previous survey said with low numbers that the agency fails to use the talent/education/expertise of those that have it. I am sure that it is that "threat to my position" mentality.

I heard of a particular Capt. saying an officer was in directed violation of General Orders without investigating the situation. Then after being told by the supervisor they were not, nothinig was rescended in the official "email". Well, are emails "public information". What would happen to an officer if they said this about a superior?

If witten "Immunity" was given in writing to those wanting to make this agency continue in the right direction and come forth, could that happen?

I do agree with your previous email of calling and coming forth, but the fact remains, there is a fear (real) of retaliation.

Respectfully submitted.

05-11-2006, 09:58 PM
As I've read the postings by the Officers and Agents, the one thing that is obvious is that nothing has changed since little Tommy took over. He hasn't got a clue about being a real cop. Let me walk you though it so you can figure it out. Tommy was born in 1954. According to his own bio, He was an Investigator in the State Attorney's Office from 1975 to 1984. You do the math. That means he got that job when he was 21 years old. In 84 he was elected Sheriff of his home county (Columbia) and was re-elected in 84, 88, and 92. If memory serves me, he lost in 96. Not long after that he was given his current job as DEP's DLE Director. Columbia County is a small lightly populated agricultural community, and other than his political connections and personal associations, Tommy never did a thing to merit his present position. He's a political appointee and you're nothing. If you want to keep your jobs, don't make waves and be very careful about what you post here. You can bet that he's being regularly briefed about what gets posted her and that he is making a list of soon to be former employees.

05-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Why don't we ask for a legal opinion from our legal advisor at GHQ? Then we can all wait for two years for the legal opinion and who side do you think the opinion will before? Management or Officer? Why don't we get IUPA to file a grievance on the 10-8 issue and see who is right or wrong? :?:

05-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone let's cool our jets and stop this non-sense. We have got to get along with one another and work together as a team. The old saying is "United we stand and divide we fall," all of our jobs are important, there probably has been some rifts between personnel and issues that are not resolved. It is a shame that everyone has the feeling that they will be retaliated against for coming forward and bringing out the issues. It seems that in our agency the messenger always gets killed. Management needs to stop this mentality and listen to the issues without the troops fearing retaliation. We all have good jobs and good ideas for making change within our agency, let's keep it in-house and not air our dirty laundery on a web site for all to see. I agree with some of the comments about making one division and not having two seperate enforcement bureaus. Just remember everyone we have some good personnel and we just need to suck it up, do our jobs, bring our issues forward to management and hopefully we will get a resolution to an idea or issue. I personally feel that we have the best state law enforcement agency in the State of Florida, and I'll admit we do have our problems as everyone does. So let's just get along, things will get better if we stand up and take the hig road and get a committment from management that we won't be retaliated against for bringing out problems or issues to the forefront. :D

05-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately the reason everyone is afraid of retaliation is past experience or knowledge. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Management cannot be trusted to listen to your views without considering you an enemy if those views differ from theirs. Management resolves "issues" by terminating or transfering those who raise the issues. While it's true that you have some good and talented personnel in the lower ranks, your agency has been in trouble for years because of incompetent management. In the near future I will be posting some documented facts about your management that will shock and disgust most of you. Hopefully it will shock and disgust your secretary enough to fire them if she has the courage to deal with it. I wish you all well.

05-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, as you all can read that when policy, direction, or quotes given by Administration is challenged (ie:What Case Law?), there is no response.

Look, this is the kind-of-thing that we are trying to tell you Capt Gibson, when we believe there is a problem and nothing is done, we bring up the question.

If we were to arrest someone and say we'll charge you later with some crime, it WONT FLY!

So, if you make a quote there is a lot of case law, what is it?

05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I can tell from your questions that you're trying to do a good job. This "Old timer" is sorry you didn't get any answers. But, as you have rightly observed, "... when administration is challenged, there is no response." I see that nothing has changed. Be careful to keep your identity concealed. If Little Tommy finds out who you are, he'll probably fire you. Here are a few quotes from some previous posting that accurately reflect his attitude. "For all of you that are not happy, go - leave - hit the road running and don't let the door hit you in the butt." "shut the hell up." "This is why we have Supv. to keep you children in line." In other words, if you dare to raise questions, no matter how reasonable those questions are, you're a fool or a child, and you'd better shut up or you will leave, voluntarily or otherwise. Be patient with your Captain. He's between a rock and a hard place. He probably wants to do the right things for you guys, but he ultimately has to answer to a director who does not. If you need legal questions answered, you're better off searching the internet. Several of the States Attorney Offices publish legal bullitens that are achived and viewable online. Check them out. In the mean time, hang tough and don't let the butt-kissers get you down. There are a truck load of us old timers out here who know what you're going through.

05-17-2006, 10:59 PM
From an outsider looking in, your site has become very interesting.

A word of CAUTION use it with respect, It is great that you have a venue that will let you vent, but walk softly for others are watching. Other agencies are watching you with hopes of seeing you boil over.

All of you are trying to figure out who is who. Law 101, look at the times of the postings. :idea:

Does your agency allow you to log onto this site during work hours ?

Just something to think about !

05-18-2006, 02:50 AM
I can tell anyone that are Chain of Command is professional and they really do care for each and every one of you. You should not fear retaliation from any supervisor. If you have an issue it is your responsibility to bring it forward with a positive solution to the chain of command. Our supervisors especially the Director and the Chief's have been receiving a bad rap on this web site. Our leaders are open for discussion to all issues and ideas. When our leaders here the issue or idea an make a decision it is our duty and obligation to support them and move on in that direction. Don't forget your oath of office, sometimes we tend to forget about raising that right hand and repeating that great oath in which you pledge your loyalty. I want to personally thank the Director's and the Chief's of this great law enforcemet agency and I know that you are doing a great job for all of us, it is very unfortunate that certain people feel that they would be retaliated against if they come forward with an issue or idea for change. I want everyone to know that reads this website that the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Law Enforcement is a great agency with great Director's, Chief's and Supervisors, it is also a great agency to work for! Director's, Chief's and Supervisor's you are professional and a class act don't let this web site get you down, you are above all of this forwe allknow the truth. :!:

05-18-2006, 03:10 AM
And if you buy that, we'll send you this special box of Ginsu Knives!!!

05-19-2006, 08:37 PM
As a professional law enforcement officer why would drug testing be wrong? Wouldn't you think that we should set the example? I would be the first one to get in line to take a drug test for this agency. The only ones that should be afraid are the ones who are using illegal substances and these individuals do not need to be in law enforcement. These individuals should be fired and never allowed to serve in this honored profession. Would you want someone like this backing you up in a life threatning situation? I wouldn't! I would urge all state law enforcement agencies to give DNA and drug testing to their employee's and let's get rid of the druggies.

05-19-2006, 09:47 PM
I think you might have missed the humor in the question that you responded to. Read the postings that preceded it and I think you might find the question as amusing as I did.

05-21-2006, 01:41 AM
And if you buy that, we'll send you this special box of Ginsu Knives!!!

If you got an issue with management be a stand up officer and bring it up and you will see that there is no retaliation to anyone. Management will listen to you and make a decision, it could be to support you or there may be a reason it can't be done. However, once the decision is made you need to support it and move on. Why don't you at least give management the opportunity instead of making these type of comments. :?:

05-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Unfortunately the reason everyone is afraid of retaliation is past experience or knowledge. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Management cannot be trusted to listen to your views without considering you an enemy if those views differ from theirs. Management resolves "issues" by terminating or transfering those who raise the issues. While it's true that you have some good and talented personnel in the lower ranks, your agency has been in trouble for years because of incompetent management. In the near future I will be posting some documented facts about your management that will shock and disgust most of you. Hopefully it will shock and disgust your secretary enough to fire them if she has the courage to deal with it. I wish you all well.

Hello M....

Why don't you just let it go and stop trying to bring down this agency? Why are you a former agent? Did you do something wrong? I would like to hear more about your past? Please provide us with more information so that we can judge your credentials. Could you post any written materials from this agency as to why you are a former agent? In order to be fair to the Director we need to know both sides of the story. We are patiently awaiting for you to post your file.

Thanks
:?:

05-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't know who former agent is. If they're a former agent, what difference does it make? What has that got to do with anything? What he or she says is either true or it isn't. So far I haven't read anything here that contradicts any thing they said.

05-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I’ve been on vacation. Since you think you know who I am, I’ll let you keep thinking it. First, being a former agent doesn’t weaken my opinion. It makes it stronger because I don’t have to live in fear of retaliation. Second, since I’m a tax payer and citizen I have a right to be concerned with the way state agencies are run and how they spend my money. And, having been on the inside of dep, I’ve seen the waste and mismanagement first hand. Third, my credentials don’t matter because I’m not running dep’s dle. If I was, I could easily do a much better job than the current director. But that’s not saying much since a trained monkey could do a better job. Finally, the low morale and high turnover rates speaks for themselves.

05-24-2006, 02:57 PM
You're mistaken! The monkey would not have to be trained!

05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry. Forgot the websites. Here they are.

http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm ... ssionalism (http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm#Politics%20or%20Professionalism)

http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm ... Protection (http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm#Environmental%20Protection)

http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm ... %20Trammel (http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm#DEP-Environment%20Crimes-%20Forcing%20out%20whistle%20blowers-Diploma%20Mill%20Diemer-Smoke%20and%20Mirrors%20Trammel).

05-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry. Forgot the websites. Here they are.

http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm ... ssionalism (http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm#Politics%20or%20Professionalism)

http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm ... Protection (http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm#Environmental%20Protection)

http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm ... %20Trammel (http://www.whoseflorida.com/dep/dep.htm#DEP-Environment%20Crimes-%20Forcing%20out%20whistle%20blowers-Diploma%20Mill%20Diemer-Smoke%20and%20Mirrors%20Trammel).

Oh come on isn't that M....'s web site? :?:

05-29-2006, 08:00 AM
I wish I could say you're wrong, but you're not.

05-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Well, aren’t you the sensitive one! Since talk is cheap, let me as you the same question. What are you doing constructive to make this agency a better place? At least I’m not sitting behind a desk and barking for my secretary to bring me some coffee. (sound familiar?) And I don’t have to talk about being a warrior. Unlike you, I actually am one. I work for the comradery of my fellow officers and for the welfare of the citizens, not for the advancement of your personal political agenda. Who do you expect us warriors to follow? You? Oh, Please!! Your version of us doing something positive is closing our eyes and pretending that you actually know what you’re doing. In your dreams! You’re doing a terrific job of making this agency look bad without any help from me.

06-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Any comments on todays events with the brass ? How about more weekeneds off. Nice Job

I think I saw some love bugson my truck lollll - 1 gig

06-02-2006, 05:29 AM
So, that’s it? That’s the best you’ve got? I’m sorry your arguments on the issues are so weak that you have to call people cry babies or bipolar if they don’t agree with you and your daddy in Tallahassee. I'm delighted that you know who I am. Thanks for proving my points for me. And what’s up with “…waiting to bayonet the wounded”? I think maybe you’ve been watching too many old war movies.

06-02-2006, 07:23 PM
So, that’s it? That’s the best you’ve got? I’m sorry your arguments on the issues are so weak that you have to call people cry babies or bipolar if they don’t agree with you and your daddy in Tallahassee. I'm delighted that you know who I am. Thanks for proving my points for me. And what’s up with “…waiting to bayonet the wounded”? I think maybe you’ve been watching too many old war movies.

You really don't understand how the political system works do you? First of all the director was appointed to his position by higher powers than you. Second, the director's and chief's are good and professional people, who do have a tough job and they do have your best interest at heart. You may not agree with them and you make not like them, however, remember your oath of office. You do have to obey and follow orders as long as they are not illegal, unethical or immoral. You can talk to the director's and chief's bring up ideas and solutions to make this agency better. They will listen but once they make a decision you need to move on and do your job. Why want you talk them and tell them what your problem is? Why doesn't everyone stop the bickering on this web site and try to make things better for this agency? You may not agree with everything that has been done in the past, but you know deep down this is one of the best state law enforcement jobs in Florida. There is no way everyone will be happy with decisions that management makes, You can not and will not make everyone happy and everyone knows that. You have an obligation to make things better by bringing up issues and ideas to the chain of command in a civil matter. I know by posting this you will say "See how manaagement reacts if you disagree with them," or something to that effect. Can't we just all get along, do our jobs, protect the environment and visitors of the State of Florida? :o

06-02-2006, 07:24 PM

You really don't understand how the political system works do you? First of all the director was appointed to his position by higher powers than you. Second, the director's and chief's are good and professional people, who do have a tough job and they do have your best interest at heart. You may not agree with them and you make not like them, however, remember your oath of office. You do have to obey and follow orders as long as they are not illegal, unethical or immoral. You can talk to the director's and chief's bring up ideas and solutions to make this agency better. They will listen but once they make a decision you need to move on and do your job. Why want you talk them and tell them what your problem is? Why doesn't everyone stop the bickering on this web site and try to make things better for this agency? You may not agree with everything that has been done in the past, but you know deep down this is one of the best state law enforcement jobs in Florida. There is no way everyone will be happy with decisions that management makes, You can not and will not make everyone happy and everyone knows that. You have an obligation to make things better by bringing up issues and ideas to the chain of command in a civil matter. I know by posting this you will say "See how manaagement reacts if you disagree with them," or something to that effect. Can't we just all get along, do our jobs, protect the environment and visitors of the State of Florida? :o

06-02-2006, 09:16 PM
You raise reasonable questions that deserve reasonable answers. So, with all due respect to you, here they are. Yes, I do understand the political system. Yes, the director was appointed by higher powers than me. And yes I have to obey lawful orders, and I do. But when I took the oath of office, I didn't give up my citizenship or my right to express my opinion. And what I've witnessed has given me an opinion that is different from yours. I don't think the director is good, ethical or professional. I think he is a small man whose ambitions far outstrip his abilities. He never paid his dues as a cop, so he doesn't understand what it is to be one. His connections took him from college, to state attorney investigator, to sheriff of small agricultural county without earning his stripe along the way. Those connections got him appointed as the DEP/DLE director here over people who were much more qualified and deserving. He then went on to give high ranking positions to personal cronies who were as unqualified and undeserving as he was. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to support your belief that he or they have our best interests at heart. The reason most of us won't talk to them is we have personally witnessed retaliation against people who expressed opinions or ideas that were contrary to theirs. We've seen the director cover for his cronies when they've done things would have gotten us fired. We're not stupid. We're not going to risk our jobs and the welfare of our families to test waters that our friends and coworkers have perished in. He has told BEI that he doesn't want them to make misdemeanor cases because he doesn't want be known as "the petty police" (his words, not ours). He's more concerned with his own personal image and goals than he is with enforcing the law and protecting the environment. We've watched him and his cronies waste public funds on witch-hunts and on their own personal pleasure. Unfortunately the answer to your last question is no. We can't just all get along and do our jobs when our professional law enforcement obligations are in direct opposition to the personal and political objectives of our director and his cronies.

06-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Capt.,

You started this mess, where are you?

06-03-2006, 05:31 AM
He's between the troops and the Boss. The worst of all possible places to be. Try to cut him some slack.

06-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I agree with you. However, he put himself in this situation and now runs? Isn't that feeding the fuel that everyone is trying to get across? :?:

06-03-2006, 11:14 PM
You're right. I think we just need to remember that the higher up the ladder of success a person goes, the farther they have to fall and the more they have to lose if they get kicked off by those above them. Sometimes people put themselves in the position. Sometimes they inherit it in good weather only to wake up in a storm the next day. Job security is a powerful motivator to keep people who are usually good out of battles that they really ought to be in, especially when they know they're going to get badly bruised at the least for joining it. Someone with kids in college, or a big mortgage payment, or some other large personal obligation isn't likely to risk it for us. We can ask them to, but we shouldn't be too disappointed or surprised if they aren't willing to. I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm just looking at some things we sometimes forget about.

06-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Everyone for the most part has good points that a lot can be addressed by our IUPA reps. Instead, they are getting promoted because they don't "stir the pot" if you will. I think we need to knock the bridges down first that say they are on our side. Our Reps are weak, limp, and just don't know what they are doing! Or do they, the last one did! What a company man he ended up being.
We need to unite from the bottom and then work our way up! Hey, we say we worry about retaliation, doesn't sound like we are very happy anyway. So what do you have to lose, FHP and FWC are in need of officers. Let's unite and take a consolidated effort to address problems
Put up or shut up!

06-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I agree and I think we should unite. But let’s not forget how state government operates and the potential consequences. If every officer, sergeant and investigator in our division told the secretary that our boss didn’t have a clue about running this place and that he treats it like his own personal 1850's plantation, she would fire every one of us before she would replace him. The reasons are simple. It sends a message to the “slaves” that back-talk to “master” will not be tolerated. It sends a message to anyone else who might be thinking about making such a complaint that the price for doing so is unemployment. It also solidifies the good ‘ol boy plantation system further by rewarding people who are willing to play the game. Think about it. We all know street level officers and lower level managers who are really talented, but who keep getting passed over for promotion in favor of slugs and weasels who are willing to play the game to get ahead. Unfortunately FHP and FWC operate the same way. That’s why they’re in need of officers. With that said, I will admit that I know a few good people who have managed to make it about 3/4 of the way up the ladder at several agencies. The funny thing is that they agree with me and aren’t really sure how they got there. We’ve kicked it around and have figured out that the bosses brought them on board as tokens to pull out and wave in the face of anyone from the outside who accuses them of being part of the good ‘ol boy system. It doesn’t really matter because it’s the exception that proves the rule.

06-06-2006, 03:21 PM
OK, there are those of us that have gone through this with our other agency's or businesses alike. We still need to come together and utilize our money through IUPA and get busy. As for the anology of "slavery" well, I believe that's a poor analogy. Are you willing to stand up or not! It has begun, oh buy the way, the Chief has approved his Lt's and Capt's to use this site for "Knowledge" of what is going on out there with the troops. So, big brother is watching. And they can use state computers and state time to do this! Here is a food for thought, "Stalin told us years ago that he didn't need a war, he would take us within".

06-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Well said. Here are a few other things to keep in mind that can apply to us. As Ben Franklin said "If we don't stand together, we shall all hang separately”. Beware of the war strategy that bosses have used against employees for decades to keep them in line. “Divide and conquer”. Watch out for the plants that have been put among us just to be information pipelines back to the top. We’ve got few. We need to be careful around them.

06-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Now we know why Capt Gibson never replied after starting this mess, he was ordered by higher ups not to! Remember what Stalin said!

06-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Talk about TT showing his hand! What a slap in the face and a vote of no confidence that is for the Captain! I wonder what Tommy is afraid of. Since he doesn't have the heart and brains to inspire and lead his commanders and troops, I guess he has to do it by fear and intimidation. When he retires from here, he’ll probably start his own religion and declare himself as its divinely appointed leader.

06-11-2006, 05:22 PM
It's pure hypocrisy for you to admit that we have a morale problem and claim that you are trying to “put fourth to correct or suggest”, all the while refusing to face what is obviously at the heart of the problem. Remember the sign on President Truman’s desk? “The buck stops here!” That means at the top! Why don’t you and your sanctimonious friends get your heads out of the sand and courageously deal with the truth. If my little bits of satire and humor offend you so much, you’re deeper into denial and self-deception than I realized.

06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Thank you for confirming my thought!

06-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Do you guys actually have the powers to effect an arrest???

06-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, We have state wide arrest powers, and yes you call we haul.

06-15-2006, 05:42 AM
[OK, there are those of us that have gone through this with our other agency's or businesses alike. We still need to come together and utilize our money through IUPA and get busy.]
I love it. You got a 3% COLA raise, courtesy of the Gov., at a time when analysts have said that the cost of living in some areas of Florida (SW District) have risen as much as 108%. For the past year you have dumped your money into IUPA and you received absolutely nothing, with exception of the same raise as the maintenance man, the receptionist and the pot hole filler. You put your life on the line to protect the state and for your efforts you are the lowest paid (State Police) in the nation (based on 5 years of employment: due to low starting salary, no pay compression and lack of promotional opportunity) <Trooperpay.net>. But you still beat the IUPA drum, while FDLE savors the huge increases they received on their contract. Stop fooling yourselves, IUPA is today, where PBA was five years ago, when they were screwing up. PBA has re-organized and is ready for the fight. It is time to give them a chance. If they don't work out we move to the F.O.P.

06-15-2006, 09:29 PM
You've obviously never been a PBA Member. They are totally useless. They never did anything for us for years. IUPA has worked circles around them. C'mon old timers....tell the youngsters about PBA!!!

06-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Unfortunately, through little fault of their own, the way Florida government is set up, all police unions are paper tigers. But, as an old timer and former member of both PBA and IUPA, I have to admit that I repeatedly saw IUPA willing to wage a losing war on behalf of its members over issues that PBA wouldn’t lift a finger over or return a phone call about. I haven’t been a member of either union for a couple of years. Maybe PBA has changed. I don't know. The only time I saw them fight really hard for officers was when the officers in question did something that they should have been fired and gone to jail for. PBA got them off with a suspension. Go figure.

06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Yes, my friend. You remember the same PBA I do. They wouldn't return phone calls or help with issues that were really important to the rank and file, yet spent hours defending officers who should have been fired. Any Union that can't strike is really pretty much worthless, however I think IUPA needs a little more time. PBA had many, many years and accomplished nothing.

06-16-2006, 01:31 PM
I too, remember the PBA turning their heads to some issues I had in the past. PBA didn't even return my phone calls either.

IUPA has in its short history lobbied on our behalf more than the PBA ever did in their entire history. My major concern is that if PBA were to seperate all state agencies I feel that it would not give us the lobbying power as if we were one group. You know that PBA would spend most of thier time working for FHP because they are most visible of all state agencies. FWC,DOT,DEP,ABT, Fire Marshall and other state agencies would get the shaft.

I do feel that IUPA did drop the ball this year for all involved. COnsidering that all LEO's involved are the ones going down for the last time. When people are desperate, they will do desperate things. I did some research of housing prices in S.E. Florida and found a 1800 square feet house in Broward County is going for an average of $500,000. Property taxes on average are $4000.00 for this size of a home. Try to find homeowners insurance. With our agency giving us a CAD of $7000.00, you do the math. Within Florida, the average price of a home is $200,000.00.

This is what it all boils down to. Until Tallahassee realizes and then addresses this issue, we are all hurting.

06-17-2006, 01:47 AM
It is for that reason I think we should give the new PBA a chance. In a year when housing prices had record growth, fuel prices hit an all time high, electric companies decided to jump on the fuel bandwagon and raise prices, and every company who can pad their pockets has jumped on the Hurricane ride, getting any increase should have been a "no brainer." If IUPA is so inept that they cannot negotiate SOMETHING, ANYTHING, then they are useless and need a wake-up call. Let's just try PBA for two years, see if they have truly changed. If we are not satisfied we will go back or find someone who is willing to stop this abuse of State LE employees. We are all on the same team, but if we let this IUPA failure go unchalleged it will send a signal to IUPA and the legislators that we are content with pathetic wages, 30 day pay periods, and a director who clearly places his own agenda before the needs of the people who make him look good.

06-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Where is the Captain, he started this mess?

06-28-2006, 12:42 AM
The grass was not green at frist, and it took a while, but now I can now afford to pay the water bills for that green grass.

12-31-2010, 04:58 AM
I had been reading through some of the issues discussed on previous message boards, but I assume that everything has been deleted with the migration to the newly revised website. I am putting this entry out as an offer to listen to those within our organization who would like to engage in an honest and open dialogue about the future of our agency. The only way that we can improve is to pull together as a team, as opposed to pulling ourselves apart. Please don't get me wrong, I understand that no one is going to be happy with his or her job all the time, but we certainly can work to spread accurate and timely information throughout our ranks so that rumor, speculation, and innuendo do not wreak havoc on morale. I cannot offer any promises about what can or cannot be changed as a result of your feedback, but I can promise that I will hear and address your needs to the very best of my ability. Feel free to call me to discuss your ideas (850) 245-2897.

You started this mess of a website, how you plan on fixing this? Oh, maybe RC or CT can?

02-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Well, we are sure that you are being briefed, response?

02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Well, this is your forum and you started it. Any response?

03-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Cronyism, some things never change.

03-05-2011, 10:58 PM
You've obviously never been a PBA Member. They are totally useless. They never did anything for us for years. IUPA has worked circles around them. C'mon old timers....tell the youngsters about PBA!!!
OK I will. Many moons ago I was dismissed for "no-good-reason". I was very professionally and successfully defended by the PBA. I was made whole and was paid back-pay with interest. Please know their legal folks are the best in the business when the sh!t hits the fan. In never think that it can't happen to you (and your family).

04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I think right now Greg is a little too busy to answer any further questions. With the Park Patrol being done away with it will be difficult to justify his position. Hate to see this happen to the Park Patrol, the unit has done good things for the Parks in the past, I just think they ay have forgotten where the came from. Some of the newer upper management can be to blame for this.
Good luck to all.

04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I think right now Greg is a little too busy to answer any further questions. With the Park Patrol being done away with it will be difficult to justify his position. Hate to see this happen to the Park Patrol, the unit has done good things for the Parks in the past, I just think they ay have forgotten where the came from. Some of the newer upper management can be to blame for this.
Good luck to all.

You hate to see Greg loose his position? He has been riding the Gravy Train for way too long! Between his overinflated phony smile and talk of sincerity to the troops, besides who can forget the over use of $10 words, it got old real quick! He had to prove how much more intelligent he was than the rest of us.

If the Park Police is disbanded, I will be ver sorry to see it happen. But DEP law enforcement has been blowing smoke up the behinds of the citizens of Florida for way too long. Besides,with all of the connections Greg has in Tally, it won't be long before he is a director for some other state agency...ain't that how it works Bubba?

04-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Boy, that is the truth. Please take the chief P.ego with you and the rest of the tpd dbl dippers. Never done the job,dont understand the job.

04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Ya,us guys in the PP in the Keys are heading over to th SO.

04-24-2011, 10:18 AM
[quote="Wise One":3ds5nptw]I think right now Greg is a little too busy to answer any further questions. With the Park Patrol being done away with it will be difficult to justify his position. Hate to see this happen to the Park Patrol, the unit has done good things for the Parks in the past, I just think they ay have forgotten where the came from. Some of the newer upper management can be to blame for this.
Good luck to all.

You hate to see Greg loose his position? He has been riding the Gravy Train for way too long! Between his overinflated phony smile and talk of sincerity to the troops, besides who can forget the over use of $10 words, it got old real quick! He had to prove how much more intelligent he was than the rest of us.

If the Park Police is disbanded, I will be ver sorry to see it happen. But DEP law enforcement has been blowing smoke up the behinds of the citizens of Florida for way too long. Besides,with all of the connections Greg has in Tally, it won't be long before he is a director for some other state agency...ain't that how it works Bubba?[/quote:3ds5nptw]

Captain video, guest s & S, and "wise one", it is amusing that you come on here to vent after you were terminated for incompetence and malfeasance. Too bad that you won't get your wish.

04-25-2011, 01:19 AM
[quote="Wise One":vgb18vf1]I think right now Greg is a little too busy to answer any further questions. With the Park Patrol being done away with it will be difficult to justify his position. Hate to see this happen to the Park Patrol, the unit has done good things for the Parks in the past, I just think they ay have forgotten where the came from. Some of the newer upper management can be to blame for this.
Good luck to all.

If the Park Police is disbanded, I will be ver sorry to see it happen. But DEP law enforcement has been blowing smoke up the behinds of the citizens of Florida for way too long. Besides,with all of the connections Greg has in Tally, it won't be long before he is a director for some other state agency...ain't that how it works Bubba?

Captain video, guest s & S, and "wise one", it is amusing that you come on here to vent after you were terminated for incompetence and malfeasance. Too bad that you won't get your wish.[/quote:vgb18vf1]

FYI Mister Intelligence, I was not fired, nor ever reprimanded, nor given a bad review during my time with DEP. I left on my own terms on my time frame. I did more for DEP in the time that I worked for them than any of their supervisors. I worked a larger territory than most officers and got more accomplished in that territory than any other officer ever accomplished. Most of time, my supervisor had no idea where I worked let alone what I worked because he couldn't think outside "his box" of the county he resided.

So go ahead and continue to think you are far superior to me or think I am a real dumba** because I don't work for DEP any longer. You need to think long term for your future and your family if you have one and DEP isn't the answer even if you do kiss a** to make supervisor DEP was a great gig, but working for minimum wage and for a poorly trained supervisor and command staff wasn't worth the aggravation.

04-25-2011, 02:06 PM
The problem with this organization's leadership is their “can’t do” anything attitude.

What our "leaders" say:

We can't put out news releases because we might let people know there is crime in the park.

We can't give merit pay raises to outstanding officers because we just can't.

We can't ask for more money because we need to show we can do more with less.

We can't ask for a pay raise because we should be happy to have a job.

We can't get park deleted from our name because the park is our primary customer.

We can't do anything outside the park because it might show there isn't enough to do in the park.

Well, can't never did anything. Leaders make things happen.

04-25-2011, 04:39 PM
The problem with this organization's leadership is their “can’t do” anything attitude.

What our "leaders" say:

We can't put out news releases because we might let people know there is crime in the park.

We can't get park deleted from our name because the park is our primary customer.

We can't do anything outside the park because it might show there isn't enough to do in the park.

Well said. These are a few of my favorite quotes.

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
Theodore Roosevelt

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
Dwight Eisenhower

04-25-2011, 11:36 PM
These leaders want- like- and reward bootlickers and ego polishers.

04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
These leaders want- like- and reward bootlickers and ego polishers.

I would not use the term Leader to describe most of them. Leader they are not.

04-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Enough about blaming fault or basihng each other. I thought this forum was to help each other out. I'm staying with the agency until there is none. That doesn't mean I haven't been looking around to see what is out there in case July means no more paychecks. In fact, the agencies I've looked at have all been accomodating and are very much interested in hiring State Officers with experience. Several have even given me applications and had informal get to know each other meetings. They are also willing to almost let us lateral over (in pay) with better chances of promotions.

All these recent events have been a wake up call not just for us but for other agencies. I've never heard a Trooper say they are untouchable until now. The same for FWC and even some smaller local agencies. If you do your job well and are a professional, these are the officers every agency wants. Just remember that that deputy or officer you stop to back up yesterday may be the new Lieutenant or Chief in a short period of time who will remember you and how professional or assisting you were. Don't be burning bridges and acting superior because it will bite back later.

Good luck brothers and sisters.

04-30-2011, 04:08 PM
You my friend are very wise.I also will stay with DEP LE til the end.But ,if I get offered a better LE job with better pay and job security,I will take it.Look out for yourself and your familes.Supervisors/Command you should do the same.It is just a matter of time.We have 4 years with this admin.,they will not stop cutting this year.

04-30-2011, 10:29 PM
You guys still got a job? I hear there are talks of eliminating DEP. Are they talking of a merger with FWC. I think that would be good for DEP officers (maybe not so good for the brass though).

05-03-2011, 02:05 PM
This is a big week, Govenor was on tv stating he has to get his cuts done? Is it time, you be the judge, but don't be dumn and nieve about the fact that DEP could come to an end as it is known. Why are Tallahassee people exploring other job opportunities? Good luck.

05-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Because they are smart,if not this year it will be next year.

05-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Just wanted to put this out there to the non-believer that he started this post! Here it is for your own eyes.

05-24-2011, 12:23 AM

Just wanted to put this out there to the non-believer that he started this post! Here it is for your own eyes.

Are you blind? Read the first paragraph where he said the previous posts on this message board were deleted. You must have selective reading skills, it probably was a factor in your rejection.

05-24-2011, 03:12 PM
We did not expect an intelligent response from someone like you, but thanks for reading.

05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
We did not expect an intelligent response from someone like you, but thanks for reading.

This is DEPPEEPS again, I'm really stupid and like to say "we" a lot. That is because I have a lot of different personalities like back on the ranch, MI6, bright star, big dog, guestLB, Thomas, and more.
I never answer questions, I like to make accusations because it makes me sound like someone. DEP DLE made me mad because they wouldn't hire me. I told them I had been a Ronald McDonald official sheriff deputy, but they wouldn't let me interview.

05-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Hurts when you are proven wrong, doesn't it? You could not have an intellectual conversation even if you tried. We feel very sorry for individuals such as you.

05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Hurts when you are proven wrong, doesn't it? You could not have an intellectual conversation even if you tried. We feel very sorry for individuals such as you.

Yes, "we" are deeply hurt. We are proven wrong (what was we wrong about? I don't remember, it must have been one of my other aliases talking). I am DEPPEEPS,,I think or am I GUESTLB, no I am MI6. Guess it doesn't matter much as long as I make anonymous accusations and use one of my aliases to agree with my previous post. Pretty clever of me, huh?

05-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Ouch! You got us. :devil:

05-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Ouch! You got us. :devil:

Yes, "we" did... :twisted: uhhhhm, what didvwe do? :oops: Must have been one of my evil aliases :evil: :evil: :devil:

05-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, well, I did a little research to see if it might be true that the park police actually do something. After all, maybe I've been too hard on the FPP stating they need to be cut, that they are paid too much, and that they are slackers. I searched the internet far and wide just to see some story where the FPP could justify itself like making felony arrests or significant misdemeanor arrests. Heck, even saving a baby from something. Well, nope, I didn't find anything but an incident where a 1015 stole an FPP patrol vehicle he had been confined in, but the officer didn't keep an eye on the prisoner, so he took a little joy ride.

You must really either have the lamest public relations officer in the state or you really don't do anything. I would tend to believe the latter. :twisted:

05-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, well, I did a little research to see if it might be true that the park police actually do something. After all, maybe I've been too hard on the FPP stating they need to be cut, that they are paid too much, and that they are slackers. I searched the internet far and wide just to see some story where the FPP could justify itself like making felony arrests or significant misdemeanor arrests. Heck, even saving a baby from something. Well, nope, I didn't find anything but an incident where a 1015 stole an FPP patrol vehicle he had been confined in, but the officer didn't keep an eye on the prisoner, so he took a little joy ride.

You must really either have the lamest public relations officer in the state or you really don't do anything. I would tend to believe the latter. :twisted:

I did a little research on you too. It turns out that you live in your parents house, you work part time at McDonalds as a "fries chef", you play video games most of your waking hours, collect welfare and food stamps, and you smell funny. I vote that we expel you from Florida.

05-28-2011, 01:33 AM

I did a little research on you too. It turns out that you live in your parents house, you work part time at McDonalds as a "fries chef", you play video games most of your waking hours, collect welfare and food stamps, and you smell funny. I vote that we expel you from Florida.

We agree, you smell funny

05-28-2011, 12:21 PM

We agree, you smell funny

We did our own investigation and found out that you flunked out of the Wackenhut Security Guard Academy on the second day. We do agree though that you smell funny.

05-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, you prove my point, slackers! :twisted:

05-28-2011, 10:28 PM

You are so dense, we were talking about you. You don't recognize your own resume??? Security guard academy dropout, McDs graduate of fry school. Not even a has been, more like a never been. :devil:

05-29-2011, 11:39 AM

You are so dense, we were talking about you. You don't recognize your own resume??? Security guard academy dropout, McDs graduate of fry school. Not even a has been, more like a never been. :devil:

We agree. Guest, DEPPEEPS, guestLB, shiny star, MI6, is a slacker. Now, flip that burger.

06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Well, you dedicated individuals, what say you about the great administration that you so protect now? Hang on, more to come..................

06-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, you dedicated individuals, what say you about the great administration that you so protect now? Hang on, more to come..................

I have always said it, They (Tallahassee Bunch in the eifel tower), will always circle the wagons and protect one another and their buddies. They will kick any officer/agent while they are down, and take away from any officer/agent to further their own agenda. That is why they have all had pay raises on the 7th floor. The field, ha, they pis$ on us to further themselves. A bunch of selfish Btards is all. They will never make a logical command decision because they are not commanders and have no experience in doing the right thing, just experience in back stabbery, knob bobbery, and butt kissery. I don't defend any of them, they wouldn't defend me. They only circle the wagons for themselves, hence why they didn't fight to keep our jobs. They almost lost their entire division and they still do nothing except look for other jobs for each other. Typical, screw the worker and shove it in the but off the little guy to help the useless ones who suck at everything because they are "friends".

06-05-2011, 12:30 AM

I have always said it, They (Tallahassee Bunch in the eifel tower), will always circle the wagons and protect one another and their buddies. They will kick any officer/agent while they are down, and take away from any officer/agent to further their own agenda. That is why they have all had pay raises on the 7th floor. The field, ha, they pis$ on us to further themselves. A bunch of selfish Btards is all. They will never make a logical command decision because they are not commanders and have no experience in doing the right thing, just experience in back stabbery, knob bobbery, and butt kissery. I don't defend any of them, they wouldn't defend me. They only circle the wagons for themselves, hence why they didn't fight to keep our jobs. They almost lost their entire division and they still do nothing except look for other jobs for each other. Typical, screw the worker and shove it in the but off the little guy to help the useless ones who suck at everything because they are "friends".

So, why do you still work for DLE if you are so disgruntled? And, tell us who you are referring to when you state, " they have all had pay raises on the 7th floor."

06-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I have been told over and over that there is no merit pay raise, no step plan, no COLA, and no pay raise available, unless you get promoted. I don't see how the 7th floor could get pay raises, tell us to suck it up, to order us to do more with less, and then forget to tell us they got pay raises. You must be mistaken. After all, how could our leaders accept a pay raise when the rank and file didn't get any? After all, we are all in this together, right? All for one, and one for all comes to mind :D

06-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I have been told over and over that there is no merit pay raise, no step plan, no COLA, and no pay raise available, unless you get promoted. I don't see how the 7th floor could get pay raises, tell us to suck it up, to order us to do more with less, and then forget to tell us they got pay raises. You must be mistaken. After all, how could our leaders accept a pay raise when the rank and file didn't get any? After all, we are all in this together, right? All for one, and one for all comes to mind :D

First, I know this is depeeps, alias guestLB, alias MI6. I recognize your poison pen. You are constantly making vague accusations in an attempt to stir up things.
At first, I couldn't understand why you were so angry at the agency and then while talking to one of the other officers, I found out why.
It turns out that a wannabe joined the RANGER ACADEMY hoping to become a police officer upon graduation. After two grueling days, he dropped out. His dreams were crushed. That young man was you, those many years ago. Now, between flipping burgers, your mind constantly drifts back to what could have been.
Instead of making vague rants, cite specifics. Burger Boy.

06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Dude, do you make more than these secretaries in Tally? You are way out there if you think the administration really cares. You put your life on the line, cautiously speaking, and they sit behind a desk........................................Ask the question, why?

JENNIFER L Salaried $45,100.08
LINDA B Salaried $39,129.84
JOHN S Salaried $54,500.04
JANETTA L Salaried $47,916.00

It's public record ask? Why do they make so much more than you out on the line?

06-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Dude, do you make more than these secretaries in Tally? You are way out there if you think the administration really cares. You put your life on the line, cautiously speaking, and they sit behind a desk........................................Ask the question, why?

Those can't be right. Base pay for a BPP Officer is 31K. Secretaries earn more? Where did you find that?

06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Govenor Scott's website.

06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
What a sad state of affairs.DEP Commad needs to adjust the paper pushers pay in these times.Now that we know that they make more than Law Enforcement Officers.

06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I think they are right.up there. Those AA's work hard and deserve more money. The cost of living up there is high and theres lots of pressure. We are only as good as our support staff.

06-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Those can't be right. Base pay for a BPP Officer is 31K. Secretaries earn more? Where did you find that?

A secretary problably risks their life more everyday than an FPP officer does, slackers! If you really did something you'd be earning as much as a secretary, but you don't so deal with it. :twisted:

06-08-2011, 02:22 AM

A secretary problably risks their life more everyday than an FPP officer does, slackers! If you really did something you'd be earning as much as a secretary, but you don't so deal with it. :twisted:

You are really pathetic and have no life. You make an attack post, add another attack under another alias, answer the attack and support the attack with another attack, etc. You don't fool anyone. You want to stir up discontent and have the BEI and BPP bickering at each other for whatever reason known only to you. Personally, I think you are one of the ones terminated over the past couple of years for laziness and incompetence. I could be wrong though, it is very possible you were never selected. Regardless, you have an axe to grind and you keep coming back to this board to do it.

06-08-2011, 06:29 AM
You childlessly accuse, call names, and make immature comments. Why not for once, address the issues? Is it because you " CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH?" Just saying...............

06-08-2011, 12:05 PM
You childlessly accuse, call names, and make immature comments. Why not for once, address the issues? Is it because you " CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH?" Just saying...............

Exactly what issues are you talking about???? It seems that everything you just said is what you have been engaging in.

You don't work here, go away.

06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
For our readers, you can see that this person, whomever it maybe, cant handle the truth. What say you?

06-08-2011, 09:45 PM
For our readers, you can see that this person, whomever it maybe, cant handle the truth. What say you?

I'm waiting to see which alias you use to agree with yourself this time.

In the meantime, what truth are you referring to? If we are talking reality, then the truth is you are a LOSER who has an axe to grind with DEP DLE. :devil: :devil:

06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok you are right, you have no intellectual response to the facts that are continually being given. Why can't you address the issues brought up? Why do secretarys make a lot more money than Park Police?
You are right, I don't work for DEP, I just get the information from someone inside the croney tower. Hey, I bet you work there dont you? Are you just afraid to admit your envolvement?
You are so cronniezed!

06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok you are right, you have no intellectual response to the facts that are continually being given. Why can't you address the issues brought up? Why do secretarys make a lot more money than Park Police?
You are right, I don't work for DEP, I just get the information from someone inside the croney tower. Hey, I bet you work there dont you? Are you just afraid to admit your envolvement?
You are so cronniezed!

What I don't understand is why you are so worried about it. For your info, I am a BPP officer in the SW district. The fact is that no one who reads this such as SA or officers have anything to do with setting pay. If you want to hear that officers and SAs are underpaid, they are. If you want to complain about it, you should get on the Florida governor,senate, and house board. If you want to stir up anger at the chain of command, you should go to another board such as ABT, they revel in it. :devil: :devil:

06-10-2011, 02:21 AM

What our "leaders" say:

Well obviously you can give pay raises to secretaries, why not LEOs? Obviously it is a lie pay raises can't be given, all it takes is the chain of command making it happen.

06-10-2011, 02:35 AM

This is your periodic public relations check. Another internet search revealed that DEP DLE did nothing since my last post. Keep it up guys! You and the dodo bird will share something soon, being extinct! :twisted:

I'll check in next month to keep DLE updated. No need to thank me.

06-10-2011, 11:02 AM

This is your periodic public relations check. Another internet search revealed that DEP DLE did nothing since my last post. Keep it up guys! You and the dodo bird will share something soon, being extinct! :twisted:

I'll check in next month to keep DLE updated. No need to thank me.

Let me guess, the reason why it will be one month is because your mother won't let you use the computer until then.

06-10-2011, 11:24 AM

What our "leaders" say:

Well obviously you can give pay raises to secretaries, why not LEOs? Obviously it is a lie pay raises can't be given, all it takes is the chain of command making it happen.

You say the command can give pay raises to secretaries but you didn't say when it happened. I don't recognize some of the names on the list you submitted, but of the names I did recognize, they have been here a very long time and are hard workers.
FYI, The legislature sets positions and salaries.
If you were in a cave during the past year, a lot of people lost their jobs. If not for some restructuring, we would have lost 6 agents as well. Any pay raises would have had to come from somewhere meaning more lost jobs. It is a bad situation, but it isn't the command doing it.
The person who can give raises is the Governor who rewarded his appointees with salaries that were $20,000.00 above their predecessors (bet you voted for him too). You continually come on this board in the guise of depeeps, MI6, guestLB, back on the ranch, shiny badge, etc trying to sow discontent at the command. If your anger is due to termination, it was most likely for a good reason. Go Away. :devil: :devil:

06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Give it up sir, the readers know that you are trying very hard to make the tower pick you for the LT position. Here's a news flash sports fan, it has already been offered to someone else. Boohoo. :( Hey, here is a great idea, have an party and invite the administration again, sure they will come as they did your wedding?

06-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Give it up sir, the readers know that you are trying very hard to make the tower pick you for the LT position. Here's a news flash sports fan, it has already been offered to someone else. Boohoo. :( Hey, here is a great idea, have an party and invite the administration again, sure they will come as they did your wedding?

It is pretty evident that you don't work here, you are getting all your info from old posts and former disgruntled employees. As for the LT positions, the ones who got it are qualified since they were already LTs. As for me, I have no desire for promotion. I have a great job, supervisor, fellow employees, and one of the best jobs in Florida. As for you, you have no life outside of your job at McDs and the Internet.....LOSER :devil: :devil:

06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Govenor Scott's website.

You don't have to do a public records request to see what the people in the rear with the gear earn (or anyone else).

All you have to do is go to this link.

http://dmssalaries.heroku.com/salaries

After reviewing a few salaries I made a discovery. I wish they'd give the AD a 4 cent raise so he could get an even $100K. It is sad :cry: to be 4 cents short of the big money.

Oh, remember the days where the rear echelon wished they could go out on the road to be real police officers and earn more money? Nope, in today's world you'd have to take a drastic pay cut, work strange hours, and risk getting shot at if you "promoted" to the street. But before that you’d have to go to an academy, pass a certification test, then go through an FTO program, and then be on probation for a year. Consequently, no brainer, patrol officers/agents, try to get a job in the office for a raise, if that is what you want. I don't think I'd like working in an office all day, though.

06-14-2011, 02:39 PM

06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Govenor Scott's website.

You don't have to do a public records request to see what the people in the rear with the gear earn (or anyone else).

All you have to do is go to this link.

After reviewing a few salaries I made a discovery. I wish they'd give the AD a 4 cent raise so he could get an even $100K. It is sad :cry: to be 4 cents short of the big money.

Oh, remember the days where the rear echelon wished they could go out on the road to be real police officers and earn more money? Nope, in today's world you'd have to take a drastic pay cut, work strange hours, and risk getting shot at if you "promoted" to the street. But before that you’d have to go to an academy, pass a certification test, then go through an FTO program, and then be on probation for a year. Consequently, no brainer, patrol officers/agents, try to get a job in the office for a raise, if that is what you want. I don't think I'd like working in an office all day, though.

What is your point? He is the assistant director of a law enforcement agency. If you look at DEP's salaries as a whole, I counted at least 15 people making that or more before I passed the letter M who weren't in the law enforcement section. If you want to talk just law enforcement, I live in the SW area of Florida. I know of at least 6 Police and Sheriffs offices that pay their chiefs, deputy chiefs, sheriff, and undersheriff more than that. There are probably more than that, but it isn't worth my time to check.

Bottom line....if you are bothered by what someone else is making, get over it. You are working for the State of Florida. The legislature sets the pay scale and positions. We are not their priority when it comes to pay or anything else. If you want a pay raise and more benefits, sad to say, you need to find a job with a local police department or sheriffs office. In my area, your pay would increase an average of 10,000-14,000.00.

06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
My Hero, the "SW Saint" is amongst our presence........................

06-14-2011, 05:46 PM
What's the point? The point is, if you want a raise, don't be a LEO, and be an administrator. Further, get another job if this one doesn't pay enough and quit coming here to whine about how clerks get more money. Go whine to a legislator about your sad pay because that is who sets the pay scale anyway.

Also don't covet your neighbor's stuff, it isn't healthy. :D

06-14-2011, 08:04 PM
My Hero, the "SW Saint" is amongst our presence........................

You continually come on this message board and complain about salaries that have nothing to do with you. If you want to gripe about equal pay, you should compare your job and pay at McDonalds to Burger King and Wendy's. If you ask, maybe you will get an extra happy meal a week.....LOSER. :devil: :devil:

06-15-2011, 03:21 AM
It is good to know that you have a pea brain like the rest of the cronies and can't come up with an intellectual response. Thank you for your kindergarden responses, they are quit amusing to our readers.

06-15-2011, 03:48 AM
It is good to know that you have a pea brain like the rest of the cronies and can't come up with an intellectual response. Thank you for your kindergarden responses, they are quit amusing to our readers.

Are you confusing yourself with your alias DEPEEPS again? "Our" readers? You are an idiot who can't get it into your mind that people are smart enough to see through your insults and transparent attempts to stir up anger at the command and each other. You must have a really pathetic life to feel the need to continually come on this message board using one alias after another trying in vain to get a reaction. I say again, you are a LOSER....orders up FRYBOY. :devil: :devil:

06-15-2011, 08:53 PM
I rest my case!

06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I rest my case!

MI6=McDonalds Intern store #6. I rest my case that you are a LOSER and have nothing of value to contribute to this message board.

You should visit your company's message board instead, debate the pay scale of McDonald vs Burger King, what tastes better...Quarter Pounder vs Whopper, what really is in the "special sauce".

06-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Feable mind, you should lay of the fries. They are really distorting you as you have nothing else to say.

06-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Feable mind, you should lay of the fries. They are really distorting you as you have nothing else to say.

I'm guessing that spelling was not a requirement for you to graduate from the McDonald Hamburger University.

As for content on this message board, you haven't posted anything of value under any of your different aliases. Try talking about something you know about like the proper amount of milk in a milk shake. :devil: :devil:

06-19-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm guessing that spelling was not a requirement for you to graduate from the McDonald Hamburger University.

As for content on this message board, you haven't posted anything of value under any of your different aliases. Try talking about something you know about like the proper amount of milk in a milk shake. :devil: :devil:[/quote]

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers.html

You slackers may need this link soon. You seem to know so much about McDonalds that the transition shouldn't be difficult. Yep, the gravy train will be over soon. :twisted:

06-20-2011, 02:25 AM

As for content on this message board, you haven't posted anything of value under any of your different aliases. Try talking about something you know about like the proper amount of milk in a milk shake. :devil: :devil:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers.html

You slackers may need this link soon. You seem to know so much about McDonalds that the transition shouldn't be difficult. Yep, the gravy train will be over soon. :twisted:[/quote]

You should know. You peaked in 9th grade and have worked at McDonalds ever since. You use the word slacker often, that must be the nickname your parents, friends, and fellow employees use for you. It's obvious by your frequent and clumsy posts that you are jealous. LOSER".................. :devil: :devil:

07-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Dthe newr regime sof gibbson and caves will haunt you alls. Fat red head will be in charges of training, hahahaha. :devil:

07-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Dthe newr regime sof gibbson and caves will haunt you alls. Fat red head will be in charges of training, hahahaha. :devil:

Do you proof read your posts before hitting send or is it your intention to be known as a functional illiterate? :devil:

07-10-2011, 01:59 PM
That would be interesting. CT takes over training, RC becomes Chief of BPP, PG becomes AD, and GG becomes Director. Pay raises for everyone! Oh, except for the rank and file, who haven't received one in 5-6 years. In fact, wasn't GG just a captain 5 years ago? What a rocket to the top if he does get it, doubled his pay in 5 years, and never moved. All I got was a 3% pay cut in the last five years, tried out for positions that were eliminated due to budget cuts before I could fill them, and told to be happy you have a job when I complained. :(

07-10-2011, 07:17 PM
That would be interesting. CT takes over training, RC becomes Chief of BPP, PG becomes AD, and GG becomes Director. Pay raises for everyone! Oh, except for the rank and file, who haven't received one in 5-6 years. In fact, wasn't GG just a captain 5 years ago? What a rocket to the top if he does get it, doubled his pay in 5 years, and never moved. All I got was a 3% pay cut in the last five years, tried out for positions that were eliminated due to budget cuts before I could fill them, and told to be happy you have a job when I complained. :(

Sounds like you should go to ABT, you would fit in.

07-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I have a better prediction, all the chain of command are gone within the next six months. I bet they have their applications in right now for new jobs. It is easier to find a job, if you have a job.

07-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I have a better prediction, all the chain of command are gone within the next six months. I bet they have their applications in right now for new jobs. It is easier to find a job, if you have a job.

Good idea, you should get started now.

07-10-2011, 11:03 PM

How did you know? I already have.

07-11-2011, 10:18 AM

I figured you did, your posts have a certain type of bitterness that I associate with someone who was terminated. How is the job at McDonalds going? Have you be promoted to the drive thru window yet?

07-11-2011, 10:22 AM

I figured you had, your posts have a certain bitterness like someone who has been terminated. Question for you, why do you keep coming back to this message board? The events on here have nothing to do with you. Good luck at your new job with McDonalds.

07-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I think you are wielding this McDonald's thing a little too easy on this particular post. Several employees have left in the last few months. I think they all left, at least partly, because they didn't feel the job security was too great at the DEP. My take on the issue is unless the chain of command starts doing something soon, and I don't know what that could be, more employees are going to start leaving. Normally, it isn't the least qualified people that leave; it is the more competent productive employees that leave because they have the skills and education that make them more viable in the job market. When that occurs productively goes down disproportionally with the number employees that leave. That means our statistics drop further than would be expected and that erodes proof our agency is a worthwhile expenditure in the state budget.

As far as leaving DEP, I enjoy my job, but can understand why some people have packed their bags. They weren’t fired and their next job wasn’t in the fast food industry. I hope we fare well when the commission releases its report in January. I don't particularly want to start over somewhere else and want to continue with DEP because I like it here.

07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
I think you are wielding this McDonald's thing a little too easy on this particular post. Several employees have left in the last few months. I think they all left, at least partly, because they didn't feel the job security was too great at the DEP. My take on the issue is unless the chain of command starts doing something soon, and I don't know what that could be, more employees are going to start leaving. Normally, it isn't the least qualified people that leave; it is the more competent productive employees that leave because they have the skills and education that make them more viable in the job market. When that occurs productively goes down disproportionally with the number employees that leave. That means our statistics drop further than would be expected and that erodes proof our agency is a worthwhile expenditure in the state budget.

As far as leaving DEP, I enjoy my job, but can understand why some people have packed their bags. They weren’t fired and their next job wasn’t in the fast food industry. I hope we fare well when the commission releases its report in January. I don't particularly want to start over somewhere else and want to continue with DEP because I like it here.

What a nice change to see an intelligent posting to a very serious question that needs to be considered by all DEP LEO employees. The decision that is made by people who choose to leave the agency for another opportunity is a very serious and life changing choice that sometimes is necessary.

After reading the replies that refer to fast food service jobs, it gets very discouraging to think that people from this agency are replying in such a child like manner. If the replies are any indication of the mentality of the employees, this agency is indeed sunk. Big egos and small brains are not a good combination especially in a job that requires good public relations. As my grandmother used to say, "If you can't something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."

I am very hopeful that the agency will be spared the rath of the commission, but you really should have a backup plan just in case it doesn't work out. Govenor Scott is showing nobody or no agency any mercy. Remember, he doesn't need his job nor does he really care about you. it is nothing but a game to him using your money.

07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
So sweeeet :lol:

07-12-2011, 08:32 PM

What a nice change to see an intelligent posting to a very serious question that needs to be considered by all DEP LEO employees. The decision that is made by people who choose to leave the agency for another opportunity is a very serious and life changing choice that sometimes is necessary.

After reading the replies that refer to fast food service jobs, it gets very discouraging to think that people from this agency are replying in such a child like manner. If the replies are any indication of the mentality of the employees, this agency is indeed sunk. Big egos and small brains are not a good combination especially in a job that requires good public relations. As my grandmother used to say, "If you can't something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."

I am very hopeful that the agency will be spared the rath of the commission, but you really should have a backup plan just in case it doesn't work out. Govenor Scott is showing nobody or no agency any mercy. Remember, he doesn't need his job nor does he really care about you. it is nothing but a game to him using your money.

While I agree with you on most of the above, I disagree on remaining silent while trolls like MI6 or disgruntled former employees come on the message board to trash the agency or individuals. BPP did not lose any positions and BEI was not forced to terminate anyone. The governor, senate, and house put together a budget that required cuts in every agency. I am not aware of anyone in this agency that got a raise this budget year that wasn't related to a promotion or position change. Trying to make it seem that our leadership is the reason for our budget is duplicitous at best.

07-14-2011, 12:37 AM
This king started this mess, just ask him!

07-15-2011, 11:19 AM

First, ask him what and what mess did he start? Second, try an intelligent conversation sometime instead of a juvenile attempt to create discord.

07-15-2011, 11:21 AM

First, ask him what and what mess did he start? Second, try an intelligent conversation sometime instead of a juvenile attempt to create discord.

07-16-2011, 02:45 AM
You don't have big enough @&$&$ to ask him do you chicken &@$$?

07-16-2011, 11:29 AM
You don't have big enough @&$&$ to ask him do you chicken &@$$?

You just proved my point. You don't know enough about our agency to start and carry on an intelligent conversation.

07-18-2011, 11:39 PM
You are spineless.

07-19-2011, 12:29 AM
You are spineless.

You're a childish idiot.

07-19-2011, 04:38 PM
You are spineless.

MI6, are you brain dead? While some posters place messages on here that are either informational or thought provoking, you offer nothing but one or two line sentences that contain nothing but insults or childish taunts.

07-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Why not ask a CPT and lt from ne district why they got kick out of hotel in Tallahassee? Or better yet, ask capt in se what he got caught doing on duty in a park. No, how about what a capt in sw did and what happen after rear ending someone in an intersection. Or better yet, what the ad did when he was park capt to cover up for an old chief. How about a lt in Tallahassee, run that in arrest files.

07-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Why not ask a CPT and lt from ne district why they got kick out of hotel in Tallahassee? Or better yet, ask capt in se what he got caught doing on duty in a park. No, how about what a capt in sw did and what happen after rear ending someone in an intersection. Or better yet, what the ad did when he was park capt to cover up for an old chief. How about a lt in Tallahassee, run that in arrest files.

Instead of me asking, why don't you tell us. I have found that someone who insinuates instead of coming out and just saying it, usually doesn't have something as interesting to say. It seems like you spent a lot of time around Tallahassee and learned some of the techniques to smear people without being identified. I imagine Scott must be one of your political heroes.

07-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Yep, share it with us; I would like to hear some good ones. After all, our leaders are so humble that they wouldn't mind having their escapades to light. After all, we would laugh with them, not at them. Tell it all, tell it all! :D

07-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Yep, share it with us; I would like to hear some good ones. After all, our leaders are so humble that they wouldn't mind having their escapades to light. After all, we would laugh with them, not at them. Tell it all, tell it all! :D

Yes, and keep it straight. Don't say a captain from xxx region did something when that captain no longer works for the agency or works some other area. You don't want to slander the wrong person do you? While you are at it, offer some proof.

07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
The poster doesn't have to offer proof. This is common knowledge. But the bigger picture is so what if all most or some are true. What does it matter or what does it show????? This power group is no different than the previous-just different favs. Most agencies do the same thing and this place is no different. Only agencies with the highest integrity conform to their rule and regulations 100% of the time. For example-how would the Lt's weed arrest really affect the agency and or ability to supervise????? Would the officers under such a Lt. be affected and do they care????? There are unfair promotions and so on at other agencies everywhere and the opinion of unfair varies. Shouldn't we be more concerned about things the affect the entire group other than a little weed arrest????? We are no different than others.

07-21-2011, 10:06 PM
The poster doesn't have to offer proof. This is common knowledge. But the bigger picture is so what if all most or some are true. What does it matter or what does it show????? This power group is no different than the previous-just different favs. Most agencies do the same thing and this place is no different. Only agencies with the highest integrity conform to their rule and regulations 100% of the time. For example-how would the Lt's weed arrest really affect the agency and or ability to supervise????? Would the officers under such a Lt. be affected and do they care????? There are unfair promotions and so on at other agencies everywhere and the opinion of unfair varies. Shouldn't we be more concerned about things the affect the entire group other than a little weed arrest????? We are no different than others.

I believe LEOs should have the highest of integrity. The poster should offer proof instead of smears and innuendo. Keep it current, if the person is no longer here than it doesn't effect us and no longer matters. If a LT was arrested for drugs as an adult and particularly as a LEO, give the name since it isn't common knowledge. Let the chips fall where they may. If the above is not true or doesn't fit in the above, then drop it. We should be above character assassination.

07-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't think it matters that the person is still employed with DEP, it was just a small amt. of weed. I don't see how this could prevent her from doing the job. Just because she smoked weed doesn't make her lacking integrity. Maybe it was her first and only time.

07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't think it matters that the person is still employed with DEP, it was just a small amt. of weed. I don't see how this could prevent her from doing the job. Just because she smoked weed doesn't make her lacking integrity. Maybe it was her first and only time.

It matters because:
1. It was brought up on a public forum and now puts a cloud on DEP
2. It raises suspicion on all of the LTs of DEP of improper/illegal behavior
3. If the person is no longer here, did DEP take action
4. You never answered if the person is still here, when it occurred, and in what capacity

Don't start a thread making it sound like it is a serious offense and then water it down. Just come out with it and give the facts, are they still here, if so who are they, and what were the circumstances. Otherwise, don't post it in the first place. This isn't middle school, we don't need gossip and drama, just professionalism.

07-22-2011, 04:23 PM
It matters because:
4. You never answered if the person is still here, when it occurred, and in what capacity

Don't start a thread making it sound like it is a serious offense and then water it down. Just come out with it and give the facts, are they still here, if so who are they, and what were the circumstances. Otherwise, don't post it in the first place. This isn't middle school, we don't need gossip and drama, just professionalism.[/quote]

First I did not start the thread-read it sport. Second read my post again-slowly and maybe have someone else explain it to you. Lastly you are on the wrong site if you don't like drama and gossip just professionalism????? You are a real rookie and missed the point of the discussion.Stay on point.

07-22-2011, 06:39 PM
It matters because:

Don't start a thread making it sound like it is a serious offense and then water it down. Just come out with it and give the facts, are they still here, if so who are they, and what were the circumstances. Otherwise, don't post it in the first place. This isn't middle school, we don't need gossip and drama, just professionalism.

First I did not start the thread-read it sport. Second read my post again-slowly and maybe have someone else explain it to you. Lastly you are on the wrong site if you don't like drama and gossip just professionalism????? You are a real rookie and missed the point of the discussion.Stay on point.[/quote]

First, "sport" I have over 25 years as a LEO. Second, you were the one who said the LT was a female..sex wasn't mentioned in the previous post, Third, the ones on here who have been spreading the most drama by their own statements either aren't in law enforcement or are no longer here. You are the one who missed the point, keep things factual. Bad things happen to everyone, if you want to gossip, keep it real. If you like drama, half truths, and gossip, go to the ABT message board.

07-22-2011, 08:46 PM
decriminalize it!

07-23-2011, 12:33 AM
First, "sport" I have over 25 years as a LEO. Second, you were the one who said the LT was a female..sex wasn't mentioned in the previous post, Third, the ones on here who have been spreading the most drama by their own statements either aren't in law enforcement or are no longer here. You are the one who missed the point, keep things factual. Bad things happen to everyone, if you want to gossip, keep it real. If you like drama, half truths, and gossip, go to the ABT message board.[/quote]

Excuse me 25 year vet of the park patrol. You are all knowing-you even know "the ones on here who have been spreading the most drama-bla,bla,bla aren't even in law enforcement". This site is for drama, bs, information, and even pompus AHs like yourself. I'll go to whatever message board I wish to. Don't try to divert the topic by your primative tactics of attacking posters. Go bully your wife,husband or other. In the meantime I will discuss anything I choose to...including those of us that have been arrested, whether you like it or not.

07-23-2011, 11:36 AM
First, "sport" I have over 25 years as a LEO. Second, you were the one who said the LT was a female..sex wasn't mentioned in the previous post, Third, the ones on here who have been spreading the most drama by their own statements either aren't in law enforcement or are no longer here. You are the one who missed the point, keep things factual. Bad things happen to everyone, if you want to gossip, keep it real. If you like drama, half truths, and gossip, go to the ABT message board.

Excuse me 25 year vet of the park patrol. You are all knowing-you even know "the ones on here who have been spreading the most drama-bla,bla,bla aren't even in law enforcement". This site is for drama, bs, information, and even pompus AHs like yourself. I'll go to whatever message board I wish to. Don't try to divert the topic by your primative tactics of attacking posters. Go bully your wife,husband or other. In the meantime I will discuss anything I choose to...including those of us that have been arrested, whether you like it or not.[/quote]

While I do work for DEP now, most of my law enforcement career was spent on a medium size police department. You are right about being able to spot the ones who spread drama, bs, and misinformation. I've seen many rookies come in as a know it all and by the time they've hit their 5th year, they are disillusioned and lashing out at everyone and everything. By the time the 10th year rolls around, they are usually gone. They either quit or were fired. I would guess from the tone of your message, you were fired. I am curious why you would put something in here about bullying a spouse. Is this the reason you were fired, domestic violence? Are you angry that the chain of command believed your spouse instead of you, that you did beat them up instead of them being really clumsy and falling a lot? If this is true, you should follow all of the judge's order, stay away from your spouse (the injunction must hurt your job opportunities), and start over fresh.
You have a right to post anything you want on this message board just like I have the right to take you to task for it, whether you like it or not.

07-23-2011, 01:16 PM
While I do work for DEP now, most of my law enforcement career was spent on a medium size police department. You are right about being able to spot the ones who spread drama, bs, and misinformation. I've seen many rookies come in as a know it all and by the time they've hit their 5th year, they are disillusioned and lashing out at everyone and everything. By the time the 10th year rolls around, they are usually gone. They either quit or were fired. I would guess from the tone of your message, you were fired. I am curious why you would put something in here about bullying a spouse. Is this the reason you were fired, domestic violence? Are you angry that the chain of command believed your spouse instead of you, that you did beat them up instead of them being really clumsy and falling a lot? If this is true, you should follow all of the judge's order, stay away from your spouse (the injunction must hurt your job opportunities), and start over fresh.
You have a right to post anything you want on this message board just like I have the right to take you to task for it, whether you like it or not.

A legend in your own mind.

07-24-2011, 12:34 AM

A legend in your own mind.

And you are a disgruntled loser in everyone else's mind

08-01-2011, 01:34 PM
News flash update for July 2011!

Thirty days have passed since DEP DLE should have been history. In this first month of the fiscal year an internet search revealed no activity (zero) by the DLE! Keep in up! The dustbin of history is waiting for you! :twisted:

Monthly news reports to follow until your final demise! :devil:

08-02-2011, 12:50 AM

Thirty days have passed since DEP DLE should have been history. In this first month of the fiscal year an internet search revealed no activity (zero) by the DLE! Keep in up! The dustbin of history is waiting for you! :twisted:

You must have the attention span of a nat. This has already been covered. If you want to see the monthly activity for each bureau and district, you have to read the DEP newsletter. We do not publish the reports on the internet and we don't contact newspapers everytime we make an arrest. If you read the newsletter, you will see that every district has a number of arrests and activity each month.
You probably won't remember this next month so please email yourself with a reminder.

08-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Get ready for the FWC merger!

08-02-2011, 11:39 AM

While it is a certainty that we will be affected in some way by the future changes, it is unknown at this time what those changes will entail. The three law enforcement agencies with the most in common concerning environmental laws are FWCC, DEP, and AGLAW. The only way a merger makes any sense would be to put all three under the Dept of Environmental Protection since DEP covers the spectrum of environment.

08-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Mr./Ms Know it all dispenses their old administration BS once again. Get off it dork nobody believes your mantra.

08-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Mr./Ms Know it all dispenses their old administration BS once again. Get off it dork nobody believes your mantra.

What an intelligent reply, are you 10 years old? Please explain the rationale behind your statement instead of simply making an insulting remark. I made an observation in response to a post about the inevitable change in state law enforcement agencies including DEP. I guess intelligent discourse is beyond you.

08-03-2011, 07:13 AM

While it is a certainty that we will be affected in some way by the future changes, it is unknown at this time what those changes will entail. The three law enforcement agencies with the most in common concerning environmental laws are FWCC, DEP, and AGLAW. The only way a merger makes any sense would be to put all three under the Dept of Environmental Protection since DEP covers the spectrum of environment.

You are right and that makes sense. However, Florida has a reputation of doing the opposite of what makes sense.

08-03-2011, 12:54 PM

You are right and that makes sense. However, Florida has a reputation of doing the opposite of what makes sense.

That is true. While many believe DEP will be absorbed into FWCC, I see some of the pitfalls with that approach. FWCC primarily enforces fish and wildlife violations while DEP BPP is primarily a police patrol. While we do enforce fish, wildlife, and environmental violations, we enforce traffic laws, investigate offenses such as domestic violence, write crash reports, etc. The officers of FWCC are fully capable of doing this as well, but it would require a climate change in their agency. For instance, if a merger was completed and FWCC took on the patrol duties of DEP BPP, do the duties then end at the borders of a State Park or Trail or will FWCC now be required to work burglaries, auto crash reports, domestics, thefts, etc on the land and waters where they now currently patrol. While this would make many deputies and officers happy, it would make many FWCC officers unhappy. Under the approach I believe would work best, DEP BPP, FWCC, and AGLAW would function as bureaus under DEP.The different bureaus would retain their current functions and responsibilities requiring no additional training.

08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Wonder if FWC would accept there capt or lt to be thrown out of a hotel for making inappropriate comments to a desk clerk.?

08-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Wonder if FWC would accept there capt or lt to be thrown out of a hotel for making inappropriate comments to a desk clerk.?

You should ask them on their forum, I bet you would find out it wouldn't be the first time.

08-03-2011, 11:33 PM

You should ask them on their forum, I bet you would find out it wouldn't be the first time.

From the FWCC forum:

Re: How about who is the worst LT. in the state?
by miamimon » 01/23/11 06:36:10

Guest wrote:
Lets not forget LT MP down south....he has to have been that nerd that got picked on in school....still gets picked on today even by his wife so his only source of release is to make his officer's lives a living hell by trying to have complete and utter of control of how they even wipe their asses.....he makes himself the almight leader yet he found it necessary to steal plants on a state highway and then try to lie to the trooper who roled up on him in the act....are you kidding me???? screw him and his sorry ass leadership skills

In fact he reportedly not only did lie to the tropper, but to our "leadership" --and go away with it!!! He's doing something right.

08-04-2011, 04:53 AM
[quote=Guest]Get ready for the FWC merger!

That is true. While many believe DEP will be absorbed into FWCC, I see some of the pitfalls with that approach. FWCC primarily enforces fish and wildlife violations while DEP BPP is primarily a police patrol. While we do enforce fish, wildlife, and environmental violations, we enforce traffic laws, investigate offenses such as domestic violence, write crash reports, etc. The officers of FWCC are fully capable of doing this as well, but it would require a climate change in their agency. For instance, if a merger was completed and FWCC took on the patrol duties of DEP BPP, do the duties then end at the borders of a State Park or Trail or will FWCC now be required to work burglaries, auto crash reports, domestics, thefts, etc on the land and waters where they now currently patrol. While this would make many deputies and officers happy, it would make many FWCC officers unhappy. Under the approach I believe would work best, DEP BPP, FWCC, and AGLAW would function as bureaus under DEP.The different bureaus would retain their current functions and responsibilities requiring no additional training.[/quote:2dc8vo98]

My guess is no one will be happy with the merger. It is going to happen though, so everyone should brace themselves for some sort of change.

08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Do you think they will look at files of those coming in? Wonder if they would like to have a Lt who shoots his rifle in a neighborhood and cries he didn't know it's loaded? He sure did know how to shoot that Buffalo that he provicated into shooting. Hey, maybe FWC will let him live in a state owned mobile command trailer on one of their properties without permission. Oh, that is what he has a Captain for, to hide it. What else does he hide?

08-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Do you think they will look at files of those coming in? Wonder if they would like to have a Lt who shoots his rifle in a neighborhood and cries he didn't know it's loaded? He sure did know how to shoot that Buffalo that he provicated into shooting. Hey, maybe FWC will let him live in a state owned mobile command trailer on one of their properties without permission. Oh, that is what he has a Captain for, to hide it. What else does he hide?

Of course, you won't have to worry about any of that. What were you terminated for again?

08-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Of course, you won't have to worry about any of that. What were you terminated for again?

It's usually the ones who were fired or should be fired who likes to spread muck about others. Guess it makes them think that what they did wasn't so bad after all.

08-04-2011, 10:54 PM
It was probably you hugh cowboy. :devil:

08-05-2011, 12:00 AM
It was probably you hugh cowboy. :devil:

I recognize your misspelling, it was you after all wasn't it. You call yourself Oh Know, MI6, shiny badge, backdoor cowboy, and other names. We were talking about you a couple of weeks ago, the judge's order said you couldn't use the internet because of that last incident. For your own good, follow the judge's order to the letter.

08-05-2011, 02:26 PM

I don't know if you remember when GFC absorbed the FMP from DEP, but the bottom line was and still is, that they are a constitutional agency. Sorry.

08-06-2011, 12:44 AM

I don't know if you remember when GFC absorbed the FMP from DEP, but the bottom line was and still is, that they are a constitutional agency. Sorry.

You are right when you say the FWCC is a constitutional commission. You are wrong if you say the FWCC law enforcement agency is a constitutional agency. There is a reason why they did a reorganization prior to the last budget. The legislature can pull the agency out from the FWCC and place it in another location while having it continue it's mission.

08-06-2011, 03:46 AM

You are right when you say the FWCC is a constitutional commission. You are wrong if you say the FWCC law enforcement agency is a constitutional agency. There is a reason why they did a reorganization prior to the last budget. The legislature can pull the agency out from the FWCC and place it in another location while having it continue it's mission.
That's absolutely correct. Article IV, Section 9 and Article XII, Section 23 of the Florida Constitution address the creation and function of the FWCC and the structure of its commission members. NOWHERE in the Florida Constitution is a law enforcement division mentioned. The only time FWCC's law enforcement division is mentioned with a reference to what their function and powers are is in Florida Statutes Chapter 20.331. In fact, the statute specifically states:
"20.331?Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.—
(1)?RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES.—The Legislature, recognizing the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission as being specifically authorized by the State Constitution under s. 9, Art. IV, grants rights and privileges to the commission, as contemplated by s. 6, Art. IV of the State Constitution. These rights and privileges are equal to those of departments established under this chapter while preserving the commission’s constitutional designation and title." Translation? The LEGISLATURE (not the Florida Constitution) granted "rights and privileges" to the FWCC (that means the RIGHT AND PRIVILEGE of having a law enforcement division) "equal to those of departments established under this chapter." What other departments (and their law enforcement divisions) receive rights and privileges under Florida Statutes Chapter 20? Look at all the ones that were created under this chapter, including Department of Financial Services (Division of State Fire Marshall, Division of Insurance Fraud), Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (Division of the Florida Highway Patrol), Department of Environmental Protection (Division of Law Enforcement), Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (their law enforcement division), Department of Business and Professional Regulation (Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco)...the list goes on. Bottom line? All of this "Constitutional Agency" hot air only applies to the Commission itself, not their division of law enforcement. Given the right atmosphere, FWCC's law enforcement division could be a case of "The Legislature giveth, and the Legislature taketh away."

08-06-2011, 04:06 AM

BINGO!

08-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Very Good research.Agreeded

The bottom line is,who cares what uniform we wear.As long as you have a job.It may be a good thing for some who want a change.Let,s be real,their is way to much Admin./Command structure in state goverment. To much money in bad times.Good times no one cares.

08-06-2011, 09:36 PM

The bottom line is,who cares what uniform we wear.As long as you have a job.It may be a good thing for some who want a change.Let,s be real,their is way to much Admin./Command structure in state goverment. To much money in bad times.Good times no one cares.
Agree too much overlap in State LE as well

08-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Agree too much overlap in State LE as well

If you believe that, please give specific examples of agencies and functions and how you would rectify it other than "turn ....... Over to the Sheriffs/Police department" since we know they don't have the money to take over all of these functions and the State of Florida isn't going to give them the money either.

08-07-2011, 11:53 PM

BINGO!This is the same "interpretation" that proved wrong when DEP lost the FMP ! If you have been around awhile, you would know this fact.

08-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Not saying Sheriffs Offices should take over any State LE duties.Believe me they could not handle the extra duties.A example is combine FWC and DEP DLE.The duties are close enough the same.In the future,you will see all the smaller PDs and state agencies combined.Again,when the boom was on,no one cared.But now the public is aware of the situation and they will demand it.No a bad thing for the troops,but a lot of command positions will be gone.

08-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Not saying Sheriffs Offices should take over any State LE duties.Believe me they could not handle the extra duties.A example is combine FWC and DEP DLE.The duties are close enough the same.In the future,you will see all the smaller PDs and state agencies combined.Again,when the boom was on,no one cared.But now the public is aware of the situation and they will demand it.No a bad thing for the troops,but a lot of command positions will be gone.

Exactly. Also, how about merging Insurance Fraud with FDLE?? There are other examples as well.

08-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Exactly. Also, how about merging Insurance Fraud with FDLE?? There are other examples as well.

I could see all of the investigative agencies such as insurance fraud, fire marshal, DEP BEI, ABT, and FDLE combining. I could also see FWC, DEP, and elements of AGLAW that deal in policing forests combining. As was stated in an earlier post, the easiest way to do it would be to treat the different agencies as bureaus under one administration instead of one agency taking over all of the functions. The latter approach would require substantial changes in the agency's mission and duties resulting in retraining for all of the officers.

08-09-2011, 06:04 AM

I could see all of the investigative agencies such as insurance fraud, fire marshal, DEP BEI, ABT, and FDLE combining. I could also see FWC, DEP, and elements of AGLAW that deal in policing forests combining. As was stated in an earlier post, the easiest way to do it would be to treat the different agencies as bureaus under one administration instead of one agency taking over all of the functions. The latter approach would require substantial changes in the agency's mission and duties resulting in retraining for all of the officers.

I agree with you

08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
[quote=Guest]Get ready for the FWC merger!

That's absolutely correct. Article IV, Section 9 and Article XII, Section 23 of the Florida Constitution address the creation and function of the FWCC and the structure of its commission members. NOWHERE in the Florida Constitution is a law enforcement division mentioned. The only time FWCC's law enforcement division is mentioned with a reference to what their function and powers are is in Florida Statutes Chapter 20.331. In fact, the statute specifically states:
"20.331?Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.—
(1)?RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES.—The Legislature, recognizing the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission as being specifically authorized by the State Constitution under s. 9, Art. IV, grants rights and privileges to the commission, as contemplated by s. 6, Art. IV of the State Constitution. These rights and privileges are equal to those of departments established under this chapter while preserving the commission’s constitutional designation and title." Translation? The LEGISLATURE (not the Florida Constitution) granted "rights and privileges" to the FWCC (that means the RIGHT AND PRIVILEGE of having a law enforcement division) "equal to those of departments established under this chapter." What other departments (and their law enforcement divisions) receive rights and privileges under Florida Statutes Chapter 20? Look at all the ones that were created under this chapter, including Department of Financial Services (Division of State Fire Marshall, Division of Insurance Fraud), Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (Division of the Florida Highway Patrol), Department of Environmental Protection (Division of Law Enforcement), Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (their law enforcement division), Department of Business and Professional Regulation (Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco)...the list goes on. Bottom line? All of this "Constitutional Agency" hot air only applies to the Commission itself, not their division of law enforcement. Given the right atmosphere, FWCC's law enforcement division could be a case of "The Legislature giveth, and the Legislature taketh away."[/quote:3ov9slor]

08-18-2011, 12:38 AM
This post brings tears to my eyes. You idiots think you have a plan, just say bye bye. You are all useless.

08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
This post brings tears to my eyes. You idiots think you have a plan, just say bye bye. You are all useless.

I think our plan beats yours. You are a dropout from the Ronald McDonald's school of hamburger clowns.
Given that it comes from you, I will simply use the term of endearment that your family uses when referring to you......LOSER :devil:

08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
You are so stupid that you don't see the writing on the wall security guard. The director, two chiefs have already jumped ship. You better file quick with wackenhut, I hear that they are hiring in the Tampa area.

09-03-2011, 12:50 AM

Monthy Report :twisted:

Well, shock of shocks, DEP DLE did something. BPP arrested a suspect with felony drugs! I didn't even know BPP knew what Schedule I and II drugs were! Well, I'll see if this is a trend or a flash in the pan. I guess once in awhile a blind hog finds an acorn or maybe that defunding bullet whistling past your ears woke you all up.

Good job BPP. I give credit where credit is due. Maybe there is hope for you all, after all. :twisted:

09-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Well, shock of shocks, DEP DLE did something. BPP arrested a suspect with felony drugs! I didn't even know BPP knew what Schedule I and II drugs were! Well, I'll see if this is a trend or a flash in the pan. I guess once in awhile a blind hog finds an acorn or maybe that defunding bullet whistling past your ears woke you all up.

Here is a big shock!!! You are an idiot. It was stated several times that we don't post our arrests on the Internet or contact the news every time we make an arrest.
If you obtain a copy of the DLE news, you will see there are a number of felony arrests throughout the state every month.
Now go back to your Wackenhut job and check your doors.

Good job BPP. I give credit where credit is due. Maybe there is hope for you all, after all. :twisted:

09-04-2011, 01:33 AM

If you did read something in the news, it wasn't put out by our chain of command. You'll never see a press release from Tally on us. "Leaders" here are conducting emergency bailout procedures looking for their next job. Writing news releases takes time away from writing resumes and net working for your next job.

09-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Sad thing is, that now you very good officers jumping ship.SED/BPP No future in BPP,over worked and min.staff.But, I do not blame those officers nor command staff,you have to do what you need to do to provide for yourself/family.

09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Where is our administration? I live here and here nothing from them....they are out getting there own jobs! Where are the preachings of Reverend Gibson now? Coach Griffin, how about coaching us? Two faced LaMont, just go back to what ever third world country you worked, your lies were gooD there......

09-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Where is our administration? I live here and here nothing from them....they are out getting there own jobs! Where are the preachings of Reverend Gibson now? Coach Griffin, how about coaching us? Two faced LaMont, just go back to what ever third world country you worked, your lies were gooD there......

If you read the newsletter from Asst Dir Gibson, you would know to look on the website for DHSMV for updates on the committee and what has been discussed to date.
In a nutshell concerning us, a committee was formed to examine the environmental law enforcement agencies involving AGLAW, DEP BPP, and FWC. Asst Dir Gibson will consult on the committee involving this and investigations.
On another note, HCSO Sheriff Gee forced a vote ruling out a recommendation for a statewide law enforcement agency consolidation and there is a committee looking at whether FHP should be restricted to interstates and major state roads.
For additional info, you should go to the website and read.
If instead you are here to simply vent, please do so in your own head.

09-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Hey Andy, you hoping that Gibson brings you over? You might have to fight with Ron, this would be funny. Goody two shoes against blubber man. Dont hurt each other.

09-28-2011, 11:51 AM
DEPEEPS, it has been a long time since I have seen you on here. As a LEO, I have to ask you if this is a violation of your probation. The judge did make it one of the conditions that you could not use the Internet or visit parks.

Hey Andy, you hoping that Gibson brings you over? You might have to fight with Ron, this would be funny. Goody two shoes against blubber man. Dont hurt each other.

09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Rumor has it the AD already has his way out of here, so don't expect him to be around much longer.

Good luck, Greg. No need to go down with the ship. Henry sure didn't.

09-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Told y'all.

09-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Told y'all.

What did you tell us? You haven't said anything about the conditons of your probation. Whether AD Gibson is here next week, next month, next year or whatever is hard to say. He is consulting on the committee for possible consolidation of DEP, FWC, and AGLAW. He is also consulting on the committee for consolidation of the investigation bureaus such as BEI.

09-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Heard that the AD's first job opportunity fell through. So sad, anyway hang in there Greg, I am sure something will come up.

09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Heard that the AD's first job opportunity fell through. So sad, anyway hang in there Greg, I am sure something will come up.

I'm sure the AD will be fine. At least he won't be working at Wackenhut with you.

09-30-2011, 11:52 PM
You know I wouldn't joke about that Wakenhut thing. We might be applying there next year.

10-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Well it is that time of month again. Time to do an internet search to reveal DEP LEOs do nothing! However, I am struck in awe, DEP LEOs have had news releases now for two months in a row! What is going on, you guys hire a new PAO over there in Tally? Well, here it is, although it is still hard to believe. :twisted:

http://www.fbnewsleader.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/00newsattitudeleadstoarrest.txt

10-01-2011, 11:02 PM
You know I wouldn't joke about that Wakenhut thing. We might be applying there next year.

If you think "we" might be applying there, then you must have something else going on in your life.
As for the rest of "us", I believe "we" will come out of this ok and be doing essentially the same job two years from now whether it is part of DEP, FWC, or some other type of consolidation.

10-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Well it is that time of month again. Time to do an internet search to reveal DEP LEOs do nothing! However, I am struck in awe, DEP LEOs have had news releases now for two months in a row! What is going on, you guys hire a new PAO over there in Tally? Well, here it is, although it is still hard to believe. :twisted:

http://www.fbnewsleader.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/00newsattitudeleadstoarrest.txt

Nope, as far as I know we are still part of the secret service. Most likely a reporter from the local paper was looking at the arrest reports at their local agency and discovered this for publication. Good article though.

10-02-2011, 08:11 PM

If you think "we" might be applying there, then you must have something else going on in your life.
As for the rest of "us", I believe "we" will come out of this ok and be doing essentially the same job two years from now whether it is part of DEP, FWC, or some other type of consolidation.

Or nothing may happen. The committee may find that the job CIB and BBP do is so unique that consolidation may not be possible to meet our mission and leave us as we are.

10-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Only if the committee's info is a result of a crack CIB investigation. Get a grip on reality. This LE agency's existance can't be sustained any longer in this economy.

10-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Only if the committee's info is a result of a crack CIB investigation. Get a grip on reality. This LE agency's existance can't be sustained any longer in this economy.

While you are probably correct about the agency as a whole, I believe the bureaus will survive. CIB will probably fall under FDLE and BPP as well as AGLAW will probably fall under FWC. BPP, AGLAW, and FWC each have unique functions or responsibilities that are not duplicated by another agency. The same is true for CIB.

10-03-2011, 04:39 AM

Or nothing may happen. The committee may find that the job CIB and BBP do is so unique that consolidation may not be possible to meet our mission and leave us as we are.

Doubtful :snicker:

10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
The goal of the current administration is to eliminate state law enforcement. Sure they have this commission to determine what duties different state agencies perform that overlap, but that is only a ruse.

Politics are playing a much more important role, than a determined effort to discover what agencies have duplicate duties that could be used as a guide to combine state agencies to increase efficiency and thereby save money.

The purpose (of having committees) is to provide a smokescreen to hide the real effort which is to eliminate as many agencies as possible while the mood of the public is supportive of budget cutting. If the governor and the legislature can come up with a plan that justifies the elimination of a significant number of agencies by using a "duplication" reason then it won't look like their goal isn't to eliminate state's responsibility to enforce the law. It will look like they have reorganized state law enforcement to be more efficient.

Florida law enforcement is unique in that every state department has its own law enforcement arm. DHSMV has the FHP, DEP has the DLE, FWC has their Officers, Ag has their inspectors, and on and on.

None of these agencies really want a law enforcement arm, their main mission isn't to enforce the law, and they want that money they spend on law enforcement for other purposes. DEP might want to buy more trees to plant in the parks, FWC might want to have more biologists, Ag might want to give their managers more money, and so forth.

The problem with this goal is the duties these different state agencies perform won't go away just because the state doesn't want to take responsibility for them. They will have to be assumed by the PDs and SOs that are already spread thin.

The Sheriffs and Chiefs are wise to this plan. They know they can't go to their BCCs and city councils and expect to get any more funds to field additional deputies and officers. The money isn't there and they are already overworked.

It will be interesting to see if the state politicians can reach their goal. Time will tell.

10-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I think they have been at work at it for about six years. Since there have been no pay raises in six years, I think if they can keep it up for another four, alot of people will just leave because they can't afford to work for the state.

10-04-2011, 12:28 AM
One problem is low supervisor pay. A sergeant at the local SO makes 15 to 20 thousand more than a lieutenant here which is pretty demoralizing.

10-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Lieutenants in Dade,Broward and Palm Beach Counties make over 100,000.00 a year.Sergeants about 86,000.00.+++++ A lot of details and you can use your car for details and off duty all the time with no issues or $$$$$ out of your pocket.So go apply to one of them ,they are FRS.Don,t forget,all that money goes toward you retirement with the detail money included.State LE will be greatly reduced in the next couple of years.

10-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Isn't it interesting that your hero administration won't give you the truth? Sounds like a good day for blue flu? Someone needs to grow a pair and stand up to them, the union sure isn't helping us. Come on Andy you have his ear.

10-09-2011, 04:37 AM
What union?

10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Isn't it interesting that your hero administration won't give you the truth? Sounds like a good day for blue flu? Someone needs to grow a pair and stand up to them, the union sure isn't helping us. Come on Andy you have his ear.

Please return to your day job at Wackenhut. The bottom line is it has nothing to do with our administration, no raises, job cuts, possible consolidations, pension issues, all can be attributed to Rick Scott and his tea party cronies. If you have an issue with our current problems, post your complaints on his message board.

10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Let me start by saying that I am just a regular cop that is very concerned about our current state of affairs.
I am convinced that some very bad days are coming our way; not only as far as pay and benefits, but in many other ways. Let me explain.
The nation is divided and no one is listening to the “other side” regardless of what side. The economy has tanked and unemployment has become a crisis. Local police agencies throughout the nation are being disbanded and those that survive are understaffed and underequipped. Cuts in the training budgets and equipment replacement alone will put the officers in jeopardy. Experts seem to project his trend for at least the next 5 years.
There are some that are taking advantage of this discord to promote political agendas that include class-warfare and anarchy. We now find ourselves defending our pay and benefits from those that resent us. Of course this resentment is without any thought of the fact that we rush-in to situations that they run-away from, the mortality rate, injury rate of police officers, and all of those wonderful things that our families have to live with because of our profession.
Part of this movement has started efforts to provoke police officers and post videos on the internet in order to discredit law enforcement officers as violent thugs. This whole thing about the take-over of Wall Street and the other copycat demonstration are simply vehicles by which to provoke the police and get the short video snippets of a police officer with his pepper spray or baton in order to fuel the anti-police sentiments.
NO, the media is NOT our friend! Reporting good news has never affected network ratings.
It is a foregone conclusion that domestic organized crime gangs, as well as international groups bent on destroying our way of life will seek whatever tactical advantage this reduction in police numbers and lack of public support will represent for their cause. Rest assured that in the immediate future we will face some of the most dangerous and demanding challenges this profession has ever experienced.
Our profession has evolved from the six shot revolver to high capacity semi automatics to assault rifles for a reason, operational and tactical necessities; however, if you think for a moment that giving me an AR-15 is going to make up for the reduction in personnel you are nuts! That rifle may satisfy some individual personal psychological need to be adequately armed (the bad guys have them) and I for one welcome it, but it does not replace the other officers that need to be there in order to make a situation safer.
So buckle you seat belt boys and girls, I think that we are in for one really bumpy ride and PLEASE:
BE safe out there.

10-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Gibson, you think you can get FWCto put diapers on there training section so that the cry babies in DEP can train? Boohoo, cry babies. You think it was hard before, you better get you crying towels out now, because we don't care.

10-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Gibson, you think you can get FWCto put diapers on there training section so that the cry babies in DEP can train? Boohoo, cry babies. You think it was hard before, you better get you crying towels out now, because we don't care.

DEPEEPS, I know you think the training unit at your new job, Wackenhut, is the bomb. You don't work here so why do you care? Regardless, stay safe and don't violate the the terms of your probation (are you allowed to use the Internet?).

10-16-2011, 02:20 AM

I wonder how RC and CT will fit in with FWC? Hope that the crony ABT card works with FWC as well as it did with DEP!

10-16-2011, 01:43 PM

I wonder how RC and CT will fit in with FWC? Hope that the crony ABT card works with FWC as well as it did with DEP!

This must be a disgruntled ABT employee. Your info is old news and everyone has moved on.

10-16-2011, 10:38 PM
CT will come out of this merger alright. He went from an OPS position in training to a park officer in the SW District. He will only loose 1K from his 44K a year job. This is another slap in the face from Gibson. Gibson, how can you promote CT from an OPS position to park officer making $43000 instead of base pay. Just goes to show you that Tally takes care of its good-ol-boys.Thanks a lot-Gibson.

10-17-2011, 12:19 AM
CT will come out of this merger alright. He went from an OPS position in training to a park officer in the SW District. He will only loose 1K from his 44K a year job. This is another slap in the face from Gibson. Gibson, how can you promote CT from an OPS position to park officer making $43000 instead of base pay. Just goes to show you that Tally takes care of its good-ol-boys.Thanks a lot-Gibson.

I hope you are wrong, otherwise this is a slap in the face for all of us who have worked in this place for years, threw many people in jail, and earn $32K a year. Much less than your damn secretaries BTW.

If this is true Greg you are one sorry crony butt kisser. You should be ashamed of yourself for how low you stooped on this one. But you aren't, you'll justify it to yourself somehow. Try and convince me now this is a place that rewards merit and I'll laugh my butt off.

11-01-2011, 07:28 PM
An internet search of DEP Police for the month of October reveals a return to the status quo. No news. Oh, well, it probably doesn't matter, you guys are through anyway. I did find alot of articles on FWC. :evil:

11-01-2011, 08:41 PM
An internet search of DEP Police for the month of October reveals a return to the status quo. No news. Oh, well, it probably doesn't matter, you guys are through anyway. I did find alot of articles on FWC. :evil:

Why don't you find a better use of your time, like should you put the pickles on before or after adding the special sauce. Hey, orders up burger boy