PDA

View Full Version : Florida State Retirement System Lump Sum Draw

05-19-2006, 12:24 AM
In order to draw the lump sum per FSS you must work one day of the following month that you elected the change. An example would be if you switch plans on May 18th you must work one day in June before the switch can take effect.

05-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Soooo.......

Could he get a job within FRS (anywhere) as a civilian, or whatever, and then work a couple of months and elect to take the lump sum option?

It shouldn't be that difficult to find some place that would hire him for a couple of months for that purpose.

05-25-2006, 10:23 PM
My whole point in this is that it is my money in the account that has been there for 18 years.I have already put in my time in the trenches and should be able to make the lump sum draw as I would with any of the other 4 regular options.They don't make you have to go back on the job for another 2 months before you are able to start drawing your retirement on the other 4 options.You shouldn't have to do this with this option either.Does anyone have any idea what FSS # the lump sum draw option is under.FRS will not tell me.
Thanks,
jm2602a

06-01-2006, 02:25 AM
There is no lump sum draw option per se, still the original four. What you appear to be asking about is the ability of a currently employed FRS member to opt out of the defined benefit program(which your retirement funds are currently in) and enter the investmernt plan. Once in the investment plan you can take the money with you when you move onto another employer. In reality you never touch the money when you change employers you only tell the state where to move you account balance to.

Hope that helps.