PDA

View Full Version : General Order Changes & the Union Contract

Sergeant X
04-27-2006, 10:59 PM
The following General Orders have been revised and are located on the "J" Drive:

G.O. #10.6 - Separation from Employment
G.O. #11.1 - Education and Training Assistance
G.O. #22.6 - Taser (The only change is to the Taser Report form)
G.O. #39.2 - Personal Assignment of Agency Vehicles

Please note all General Orders are located in a new folder marked "2006 General Orders."
Since we have a signed union contract about some of the above issues, do any of these changes require union re-negotiation before they can be changed? Or were the changes made without regard to the signed contract?

Lieutenant X
04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
I debated whether or not to register here, but since you're already here, I thought "Why not???" :mrgreen:

I can't answer your question, but I'll definately check out the J drive to see what the changes are.

And to answer your question from yesterdays meeting at Sarasota Alehouse, I don't know if we have enough lieutenants to unionize because some of us are on the bubble to get promoted and we don't want to destroy our chance of that, but unionization is good, espicially if we have a change of administration because it "locks into place" certain guarantees, regardless of who the new sheriff is. :wink:

SSO Employee
05-03-2006, 04:35 PM
The following General Orders have been revised and are located on the "J" Drive:

G.O. #11.1 - Education and Training Assistance
G.O. #39.2 - Personal Assignment of Agency Vehicles Tuition Reimbursement
The SSO now pays 50% for all classes, regardless of the cost of the class, except there is a $2500 limit per year. They no longer pay 75% for CJ classes.

Vehicles
Take-home cars don't have to be turned in to fleet when you go on vacation because D2 ran out of parking spaces, so keep it parked in your driveway.