PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Trip

Gladiator
04-26-2006, 05:53 PM
I heard that the recruiters are going to Paris Island, SC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Paris Island the training base for the Marine Corps. If the majority of the people on that base are just joining the Marine Corps, who are they going to recruit? Maybe they're looking for the rejects with no military bearing or experience so they can mold them into the followers that they want.

What a waste of time and money. How about you spend a spend a few more dollars and go north to Camp Lejune or Cherry Point where you can find some combat experienced veterans fresh out of Iraq. Hell, southside would be a refreshing walk in the park to them.

SEMPER FI

Doc
04-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Come on... Reserve your comments on something that matters. These recruiters are working for us SOOOO well. I mean, just look at how overloaded our department is with quality people. Can't blame everything on the FTO unit with the 36 percent washout rate. How can someone who was not a good cop, just those who want to be a good cop?

Just a question

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
04-26-2006, 11:16 PM
They're going to be down in the keys yanking them out of the surf as they wash ashore :lol: .

Harmon's going to build a big camp for them all to live in, then he can send someone to go load them up and bus them to work....

Lawman
04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
I came on board in 1990, and back then you had to compete with a bunch of people in order to snag a spot on the department, and the city didn't have to do anything to get applicants, hell, they could have charged a $100 application fee and they would still have been swamped with applicants.

$38,000 is a lot of money for an entry-level position that only requires 60 credits. Go get a BA and try to find a job that pays that much in the private sector--if you find it, they will expect 60 hour weeks from you for that amount. With overtime, newbies can easily make 45k. It's a hard deal to pass up.

The fact that they need a recruiter to travel the countryside to find applicants is astounding. Oh, wait, I know, they need to find the "right applicant." Something is seriously wrong here (yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious).

Seriously though, they would have no problem finding people if they would forget about trying to engineer some BS affirmative action racial balancing scheme.

El Guapo
04-29-2006, 09:08 PM
I myself am looking for a few good soldiers. Unlimited ammo and free tequilla....oh yes, and ju must espeak spanish.

05-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Well, I'm getting out of the military after 5 years as an MP. Patrolman to Watch Commander. Are 60 credits required in St. Pete? Is it advisable to apply here?

05-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Come to TPD..better pay, better oppurtunity. and they have a "don't play" attitude

05-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I still meet potential recruits from other agencies in our area, college grads, and young officers from out of state who ask me about applying and working at SPPD. As a retired SPPD cop, I cannot honestly recommend it anymore. No offense to you good cops left behind, but they need to work where they can be proud of their service and work for an honorable admin. A place that doesn't put policies in place that disgrace you and offend law-abiding citizens. It ain't here!

05-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Get out while we can, this place is a crime in progress. No-one cares about our plight here.

06-05-2006, 04:23 AM
The admin of SPPD and the city's mayor have been incompetent and cowards for as long as I can remember. From No Chin Lynn to Goliath to Chucky Cheese the one thing in common has been the lack of gonads. The victims of these pencil pushing warriors have been the cops who really care, who actually know how to do police work, and who have the courage to take action knowing that their every move is going to be put under the microscope. If you are looking for a career in police work - stay out of St Pete.

06-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Ten files pulled yesterday....HHHMMMMMMMM

06-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Top 3 reasons why real cops leave SPPD:

1 - Working here is equivalent to looking the other way when real crime occurs

2 - No support from chain of command

3 - The antics that go on are only a small fraction of what gets reported, and that's too embarrassing

...and finally, if you haven't gotten out yet, remember:

ONLY THE LAME LINGER!

06-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I left this year and am not happier. Reading these posts make me laugh. Get out of there!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: