PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Orlando area

Unregistered
04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Hello,

Current LEO in south Florida looking to relocate to the Orlando area sometime early next year. I have a few questions regarding the department.

- are you guys on 12’s? If not what is the schedule like?
- How are the benefits? Health? Time off?
- How are the districts broken up?
- You guys must have great off duty? Do you guys get a piece of the sports teams? You guys have Disney correct?
- Do you guys get issued good gear?
- Issued duty weapons?

I know it’s a lot of questions but I would greatly appreciate some insight.

Thank you again and be safe!

Unregistered
04-25-2019, 12:19 PM
I’m not hired yet but deep in the process so I can answer a few of your questions.

Yes 12 hour shifts. There is 6 sectors, you will be sent to 1, 2, 3, or 4 at first.

5 and 6 are the tourist area and Disney and you can’t request them off the bat.

Details are good, yes Disney.

Firearm issued is the Glock 21 .45

Unregistered
05-17-2019, 09:43 AM
To the guy “deep in the process” are you done now ? Has your file been sent to the sheriff? When is the next hire date ?

Unregistered
05-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Yes I’m all done. There is a group being sworn in May 24th, and another one in July

Unregistered
08-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Yes I’m all done. There is a group being sworn in May 24th, and another one in July

How long did it take from when you applied to when you got hired? Im FDLE cert and have 5 years of experience

Unregistered
08-04-2019, 09:41 PM
How long did it take from when you applied to when you got hired? Im FDLE cert and have 5 years of experience

It took me about six months

Unregistered
08-28-2019, 12:59 AM
In the process currently, I know every day is different but how is call volume? Is there time to be proactive or is it just call to call?

Also i see some deputies wearing shorts and a polo type shirt. Is that a summer uniform?

I also see some deputies with load bearing vests, are the approved for everyone?

Thanks for the help!

Unregistered
09-02-2019, 06:22 AM
In the process currently, I know every day is different but how is call volume? Is there time to be proactive or is it just call to call?

Also i see some deputies wearing shorts and a polo type shirt. Is that a summer uniform?

I also see some deputies with load bearing vests, are the approved for everyone?

Thanks for the help!

Call volume depends on your sector and shift. Sector 2 and 4 are the busiest.

Summer uniform

They are testing them out now but may be approved for all patrol in the future