PDA

View Full Version : Commander position

Unregistered
06-29-2018, 12:15 AM
I have been selected to interview for the Commander position. I was hoping to hear from the ground troops what they are looking for in the command staff, that is lacking within your department.

Unregistered
06-29-2018, 03:37 PM
I have been selected to interview for the Commander position. I was hoping to hear from the ground troops what they are looking for in the command staff, that is lacking within your department.
education, experience as a supervisor, putting aside the previous fu#k up move up way things were done, weeding out the a$$kissers and promote the one who, with the new chief, will move this place into a positive direction and most important, one who will stand by the troops when they are right and not tolerate the antics of the past.

Unregistered
06-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Bring back the lieutenants. Earn your spot through hard work and experience

Unregistered
06-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Someone who doesn’t use this ridiculous website mostly. ;)

Stephanie Gibson
06-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Ridiculous? How so?

It was THIS site that drove the changes that many of us wanted. I think this could be an awesome site to engage openly with staff where they needn't fear being punished for raising issues. I know the prior Chief was not a fan. Gee I wonder why?

Yeah there are asshats that post nonsense but easy enough to scroll past and seek those posters who are trying to contribute to the turn around. A wise leader would keep an eye on the conversations and take action to correct if need be.

Good luck with your application to be Commander.

Unregistered
06-29-2018, 09:13 PM
education, experience as a supervisor, putting aside the previous fu#k up move up way things were done, weeding out the a$$kissers and promote the one who, with the new chief, will move this place into a positive direction and most important, one who will stand by the troops when they are right and not tolerate the antics of the past.It has been policy in the past to overlook ones previous criminal record. Just because he/they were hired and this was overlooked and then promoted because they did the dirty work, does not mean that the or he should be promoted any further. If you want to actually change the image of this dept honor, ethics, integrety and honesty and no I/As the criminal record and items as mentioned should narrow the applicant pool significantly

Unregistered
06-30-2018, 09:12 PM
It could be Ms. Gibson. The problem with this site is it’s not wholly indicative of the membership of the police department. Typically this site is an outlet for the negative, downtrodden, extremely vocal and not necessarily reasonable few. Many of the known posters on here have been ousted for legitimate reasons and don’t take accountability for their actions. Not to say some who have departed the department weren’t wronged. And not to say our administration wasn’t terrible. But to take anything on this site as gospel is ill advised. I guess all I can contribute to this conversation is to consider the source and that you’re hearing one side of a story.

Stephanie Gibson
06-30-2018, 09:58 PM
It could be Ms. Gibson. The problem with this site is it’s not wholly indicative of the membership of the police department. Typically this site is an outlet for the negative, downtrodden, extremely vocal and not necessarily reasonable few. Many of the known posters on here have been ousted for legitimate reasons and don’t take accountability for their actions. Not to say some who have departed the department weren’t wronged. And not to say our administration wasn’t terrible. But to take anything on this site as gospel is ill advised. I guess all I can contribute to this conversation is to consider the source and that you’re hearing one side of a story.

I dont entirely disagree with you but if you think the only thing that was exposed here over the past two years is as you describe.. well you need to revisit the past few years on these discussions. Noone takes anything here as gospel, we do our homwork and have laid out for ANYONE to dispute.. but they dont. We just get an occasional similar post as yours.

I do wish broader voices and topics would happen. Perhaps you will stick around and add your voice and topics. Maybe with an update when Chief Kharma we expect him to Start?

It is funny we are verbalizing that we are moving to more Community Policing.. well I am community, as are our officers.. Dont we want to improve those relations too? This board provides a great opportunity to field questions and discuss concerns in a public forum.

Unregistered
06-30-2018, 10:29 PM
I dont entirely disagree with you but if you think the only thing that was exposed here over the past two years is as you describe.. well you need to revisit the past few years on these discussions. Noone takes anything here as gospel, we do our homwork and have laid out for ANYONE to dispute.. but they dont. We just get an occasional similar post as yours.

I do wish broader voices and topics would happen. Perhaps you will stick around and add your voice and topics. Maybe with an update when Chief Kharma we expect him to Start?

It is funny we are verbalizing that we are moving to more Community Policing.. well I am community, as are our officers.. Dont we want to improve those relations too? This board provides a great opportunity to field questions and discuss concerns in a public forum.why have boards now, it can't wait until the new chief takes the reigns or is it a last ditch effort to get one of the golden boys a new job.

Stephanie Gibson
06-30-2018, 11:42 PM
why have boards now, it can't wait until the new chief takes the reigns or is it a last ditch effort to get one of the golden boys a new job.

Why would you want suppress this conversation at all.. ever? Would you deprive our officers a place to vent when they need to... prefer citizens to join the radical groups out there? No idea on the golden boyz part of your question. They are water under the bridge at this point. I hope you all get a fresh start and give the new Chief everything he needs from you.

Unregistered
07-01-2018, 12:54 AM
I appreciate this site, from someone from the outside that is looking to join the Northport police department it gives some insider information on the views of the agency. I know that some of the participants in this site are just throwing dirt, but the majority our giving true accounts of the culture. For an outsider looking to make a difference, if selected it is inportantant to give members a media to give their perspective of the agency as they see it. Thank you for the open discussion.

Unregistered
07-01-2018, 07:59 PM
Why would you want suppress this conversation at all.. ever? Would you deprive our officers a place to vent when they need to... prefer citizens to join the radical groups out there? No idea on the golden boyz part of your question. They are water under the bridge at this point. I hope you all get a fresh start and give the new Chief everything he needs from you. you obviously misread the post, it appears that by going forth with a promotion to a command position at this time kind of slaps the new chief in the head per se. Why the rush, we have gone months without commanders. The golden boyz are alive and well and thriving, don't be fooled. This quickie promotion is just being rushed to fill the position with one of those said boyz.

Unregistered
07-01-2018, 11:15 PM
you obviously misread the post, it appears that by going forth with a promotion to a command position at this time kind of slaps the new chief in the head per se. Why the rush, we have gone months without commanders. The golden boyz are alive and well and thriving, don't be fooled. This quickie promotion is just being rushed to fill the position with one of those said boyz.

So you believe that the selection is already made, and all of the so called outsiders the have been selected to interview are just for show.

Unregistered
07-02-2018, 03:49 AM
So you believe that the selection is already made, and all of the so called outsiders the have been selected to interview are just for show. if the job is meant for an insider then they already know they got it, the position is being filled asap to make sure one of the friends get the job and to prevent the new chief from being involved in the process, nothing has changed, yet. Still the good old boys running the show taking care of their own......

Unregistered
07-02-2018, 07:54 PM
Great way to piss of the new chief before he gets here. I say no promotions per the City Manager until the new Chief starts the job. Let the real boss make the decisions.

Stephanie Gibson
07-03-2018, 01:58 AM
No matter what does or doesnt happen over the next few weeks.. in the end, when Chief Garrison arrives he will be able to retain or replace all At Will positions as he needs. If someone is promoted and isnt qualified, he will see it and them have to question the decision makers. Thus putting both promoter and promoted at risk.

It will take 6 - 12 months for this to all flush out.

Unregistered
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Chief Garrison will be limited by the City Manager. Mark my words. Morales will be the assistant chief and really running the show. Garrison will be kept in line by the city manager and told to go along with Morales and maybe he has already.

Unregistered
07-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Chief Garrison will be limited by the City Manager. Mark my words. Morales will be the assistant chief and really running the show. Garrison will be kept in line by the city manager and told to go along with Morales and maybe he has already.

You have been watching way too much TV. Morales will be forced out or live out his life as a captain and the new chief will bring in an experienced assistant from Lee County. Mark my words. Morales is an at will worker just like the rest of the command staff. Remember this Chief actually has real police experience from a real place that has crime. He is not going to be easy to bamboozle like the last guy.

Unregistered
07-03-2018, 09:27 PM
I agree the chief has great experience from a very large agency. Still doesn’t mean he won’t be handcuffed by a city manager. The chief will be forced to go along with some decisions. Morales will be the assistant chief. He isn’t going anywhere. Remember city manager has final say on hiring and firing.

Unregistered
07-04-2018, 12:46 AM
No matter what does or doesnt happen over the next few weeks.. in the end, when Chief Garrison arrives he will be able to retain or replace all At Will positions as he needs. If someone is promoted and isnt qualified, he will see it and them have to question the decision makers. Thus putting both promoter and promoted at risk.

It will take 6 - 12 months for this to all flush out.

And where exactly, does GA a world class idiot, fall in this mix?

Unregistered
07-04-2018, 12:50 AM
the new chief will probably give it 90 days he will be walking the halls and listening to everyone, and then he will either promote from within or bring someone in from the out side. Yes he will listen to the City Manager,especially if he has no contract
The chief will prefer to promote from within since since will allow others to advance a rank.

Unregistered
07-04-2018, 04:15 AM
the new chief will probably give it 90 days he will be walking the halls and listening to everyone, and then he will either promote from within or bring someone in from the out side. Yes he will listen to the City Manager,especially if he has no contract
The chief will prefer to promote from within since since will allow others to advance a rank. let's be realistic here. Lear is a mere puppet for Mayor VC and her majority vote (Hanks and Lukes) He will never ever stand up to her, if he did, he would be gone. Have we not learned anything these last few years. VC supports Morales and as long as she has the power CM will go nowhere. He will be the asst chief and he will run the show. Garrison will be a mere figurehead. This whole chief process only proceeded to this level because social media called attention to the process. Better candidates were interviewed the first time, garrison never applied and yet he was picked in the second round. This is a dog and pony show, no one is going to get fired, CM will be the chief soon, most likely before VC terms out and the good old boys will rule, its just the way it is, like it or not. Now if VC lost her majority vote then things might be different

Stephanie Gibson
07-04-2018, 08:07 PM
I dont doubt that if VC would have her way that you would be 100% right. She certainly is passing lies on the dais, did you know the 28 separations.. that 90% were retirements. She knows better, Chris knows better. I have sent her the evidence repeatedly. 3 of 5 Commissioners know what happened. VC will not be held responsible in the next election but she can and will be held accountable if she continues passing statements that she knows is untrue.

In the end, we will find out what kind a Leader Chief Garrison will be. He can continue the same charade that has been played the past years or he can bring a nw brand to the department. I have faith that h is a good cop, a strong leader and smart enough to read the tea leaves about all the bodies that fell to make way for CM... yet he isnt the Chief. THAT says something.. everyone likes Chris, he has the best of intentions but h is not Chief material and being in his way to the top tends to end careers. He should find a political role, he would excel.

Chief Garrison will sort the keepers and dump the boyz that are in over their head. He will surround himself with competent men and women that he can trust.

I continue to pray each of you get exactly what you deserve.

Unregistered
07-04-2018, 09:15 PM
This discussion has made me second guess my interest in the commander position. I am not and will never be a so called yes man, I believe in holding all accountable no matter what their status within the department. If the majority of the posts are accurate and they are looking for a puppet to advance their agenda then I will fail miserably. I have almost 30 years in this profession and have never sold out, and I can't change my ways now. I wish you good luck and hope your new chief can make positive changes.

Unregistered
07-04-2018, 11:26 PM
And where exactly, does GA a world class idiot, fall in this mix?

Wouldn’t that depend on if he is walking around with papers in his hands to look busy? Or if CM nudges him to wake from a nap and pulls his string allowing him mouth words of agreement in dark corner discussions of the VC/CM clique we have in place?

Stephanie Gibson
07-05-2018, 02:04 AM
This discussion has made me second guess my interest in the commander position. I am not and will never be a so called yes man, I believe in holding all accountable no matter what their status within the department. If the majority of the posts are accurate and they are looking for a puppet to advance their agenda then I will fail miserably. I have almost 30 years in this profession and have never sold out, and I can't change my ways now. I wish you good luck and hope your new chief can make positive changes.

Please don't let the nervous chatter dissuade you Sir. A strong leader wants strong leaders around him.. not sycophants. We all know we need change..

Unregistered
07-05-2018, 02:24 AM
let's be realistic here. Lear is a mere puppet for Mayor VC and her majority vote (Hanks and Lukes) He will never ever stand up to her, if he did, he would be gone. Have we not learned anything these last few years. VC supports Morales and as long as she has the power CM will go nowhere. He will be the asst chief and he will run the show. Garrison will be a mere figurehead. This whole chief process only proceeded to this level because social media called attention to the process. Better candidates were interviewed the first time, garrison never applied and yet he was picked in the second round. This is a dog and pony show, no one is going to get fired, CM will be the chief soon, most likely before VC terms out and the good old boys will rule, its just the way it is, like it or not. Now if VC lost her majority vote then things might be different

This is the truth. Garrison will NOT be permitted to run things his way. Lear has a personal relationship with CM. VC has a personal relationship with CM. Nothing will happen till that dynamic changes. The first rounders got passed up because Lear was afraid they wouldn't play ball with CM. Good Luck Chief Garrison. The deck is already stacked against you.

Unregistered
07-05-2018, 11:59 AM
This is the truth. Garrison will NOT be permitted to run things his way. Lear has a personal relationship with CM. VC has a personal relationship with CM. Nothing will happen till that dynamic changes. The first rounders got passed up because Lear was afraid they wouldn't play ball with CM. Good Luck Chief Garrison. The deck is already stacked against you. I thought in the last election we as taxpayers sent a strong message that we are tired of this cronyism and political BS, but I guess it fell on deaf ears. We have an election this year, maybe its time to re enforce our message. Its time to break up the VC stacked deck. I will not vote for the incumbent JL, she is not independent and does what VC wants. Its time to shake up the commission again. We need to show VC and her cronies this is our city !!! If common sense becomes the majority then I am sure Lear is history, he just doesn't have what it takes, ba!!s and common sense.

Stephanie Gibson
07-05-2018, 04:43 PM
I agree with your assessment on Hanks and Carusone. However, we disagree on JillLuke. I agree she is most often the swing vote but I strongly disagree that she is of the CH/VC voting bloc. She is.open.minded and listens to all input before casting her vote.

I like Peter Bartolotta and have met with him to discuss my concerns. He listened but I the end Economics is his motivating force not Transparency and not Accountability.

Unregistered
07-05-2018, 10:42 PM
I agree with your assessment on Hanks and Carusone. However, we disagree on JillLuke. I agree she is most often the swing vote but I strongly disagree that she is of the CH/VC voting bloc. She is.open.minded and listens to all input before casting her vote.

I like Peter Bartolotta and have met with him to discuss my concerns. He listened but I the end Economics is his motivating force not Transparency and not Accountability. when has she voted against any item that VC supported???? at least any item of importance. I guess my assessment is she is a bobbing head for VC, open minded or not. She will never turn on VC and well CH certainly a disappointment. JL knows where her bread and butter is, she pi$se$ off the mayor and VC will hold a grudge. JL is not independent and open minded enough to warrant my vote. VC needs to lose her majority, unless CH resigns the only other option is JL, needs to go. As previously stated, the majority wanted change in the last election, here now we have somewhat the same scenario, the last commission has its majority vote and screwballs and used it to forward their agenda, now we have a new mayor and her cronies furthering her agenda. To their credit they did make personnel changes but, to only again further their agenda. Questionable ethical behavior, lack of transparency, honesty and back room deals per se. Integrality, ethics and honesty and transparency start at the top and some of us certainly do not subscribe to the do as I say, not as I do demeanor/behavior of some of our city employees and elected officials.

Unregistered
07-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Honestly, if you need to query your "ground troops" about leadership, you should decline the interview altogether.

Unregistered
07-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Honestly, if you need to query your "ground troops" about leadership, you should decline the interview altogether.

You should really get out more to this place called a book store. Actually from the leadership manual.

Shut-up and listen: Great leaders know when to dial it up, dial it down, and dial it off (mostly down and off). Simply broadcasting your message ad nauseum will not have the same result as engaging in meaningful conversation, but this assumes that you understand that the greatest form of discourse takes place within a conversation, and not a lecture or a monologue. When you reach that point in your life where the light bulb goes off, and you begin to understand that knowledge is not gained by flapping your lips, but by removing your ear wax, you have taken the first step to becoming a skilled communicator.

Unregistered
07-06-2018, 05:42 PM
You should really get out more to this place called a book store. Actually from the leadership manual.

Shut-up and listen: Great leaders know when to dial it up, dial it down, and dial it off (mostly down and off). Simply broadcasting your message ad nauseum will not have the same result as engaging in meaningful conversation, but this assumes that you understand that the greatest form of discourse takes place within a conversation, and not a lecture or a monologue. When you reach that point in your life where the light bulb goes off, and you begin to understand that knowledge is not gained by flapping your lips, but by removing your ear wax, you have taken the first step to becoming a skilled communicator.

A leader is not someone who comes in thinking they have all the answers, believe it or not that type of leadership is long gone, and if it is not at your agency, then you are missing out. Leaders who listen are able to create trustworthy relationships that are transparent and build loyalty. You know the leaders who have their employees’ best interests at heart... because they truly listen to them.

Unregistered
07-06-2018, 05:57 PM

Dude comes on to this board to better understand some of the morale problems and you write jibberish like this. You are some kind of admin plant on this board to try and delegitimize our concerns. He is to be commended for reaching out to us, and you would be well advised to STFU.

Unregistered
07-20-2018, 04:32 PM
any word yet on Commander position ?

Unregistered
07-20-2018, 08:33 PM
any word yet on Commander position ?

Yes, you’re not getting it. Sorry.

Stephanie Gibson
07-20-2018, 09:39 PM
You may be right as you would know the internal chatter and politics, but according to the staff changes provided to me this morning, it did not indicate the Commander role has been filled.

Stephanie Gibson
07-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Dude comes on to this board to better understand some of the morale problems and you write jibberish like this. You are some kind of admin plant on this board to try and delegitimize our concerns. He is to be commended for reaching out to us, and you would be well advised to STFU.

Double dose of Tru Dat Sir!

Unregistered
07-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Double dose of Tru Dat Sir!

It is my assumption Laden (whether he is ready and capable or not) will be offered the current position. If so, let’s hope he succeeds in that position. It is good to see it kept internally if that is an option.

Ever since Kevin created commander and started filling them externally, it has been a mess. All but what, one, has come and gone?

Stephanie Gibson
07-21-2018, 07:43 PM
It is my assumption Laden (whether he is ready and capable or not) will be offered the current position. If so, let’s hope he succeeds in that position. It is good to see it kept internally if that is an option.

Ever since Kevin created commander and started filling them externally, it has been a mess. All but what, one, has come and gone?

If Sargent Laden is the best candidate we have for a Commander internally, then we should absolutely follow Mr. Lears's model of not settling and taking the time to find the right man for the job. I have seen his handiwork and his extracurricular activities. Pass. Thank the applicants, and readvertise for another round.

We are either going to change the existing culture or not.

Unregistered
07-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Has anyone asked the new chief what is plans are?

Stephanie Gibson
07-21-2018, 08:52 PM
...Ever since Kevin created commander and started filling them externally, it has been a mess. All but what, one, has come and gone?

Since you brought it up Sir..

Your remark.. ‘ever since kevin created Commander and started filling them externally..’ is an open door for us to have a look back. Those changes were a direct result of the recommendations made by CPSM findings, the taxpayer paid independent review.

cough*bullshit*cough

that was done in direct political response to the actions of adouble handful of men who clearly needed to revisit the officer code of conductand the US Constitution. At best,discipline was sorely missing.

The highlights of the behaviors in 2013 – 2014: thumping the mentally ill, the bloody Bush cases, the pass around a female police explorer over 3 or 4 officers.. the innocent kissing by married officer., one was so gentlemanly that he waited til she graduated high schoolbefore having her on the hood of his car while in uniform and on duty, severaldomestic violence by officers, one goingout of City to get laid, wrecking his squad car, rumored steroid ragers, thenwe all know the tragedy of the Estates ‘team building’ party that landed two officersin jail and worse. How the hell doesthat level misbehavior go on so long without notice or correction? Incompetent and Arrogant leadership.

So the Commission hired a consultant to come review the organizationstructure.. then the negotiation began the opportunity for City Manager Lewisand vespia to bust the LT union and blame the sacrificed Lieutenantposition. The men in those positionswere fish in a barrel. The good LIEutenantwas the first winner to become a Commander. This in spite of his Lying PIP and lies to me. They insinuate blame of the chaos was fixed by wiping out the LT class. The single majorrecommendation that came out of the CPSM study was to hire Steve Uebelacker tobring discipline to the organization. Commander Brown from the SSO, Commander Rose from FDLE and Asst Pelfreywere brought in. SO they didnt create the mess you describe..

That very same fall is when I met with the Command team and promised all kinds of thing from vespia and Morales. BWCs and more CIT were promised.

Unregistered
07-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Since you brought it up Sir..

Your remark.. ‘ever since kevin created Commander and started filling them externally..’ is an open door for us to have a look back. Those changes were a direct result of the recommendations made by CPSM findings, the taxpayer paid independent review.

cough*bullshit*cough

that was done in direct political response to the actions of adouble handful of men who clearly needed to revisit the officer code of conductand the US Constitution. At best,discipline was sorely missing.

The highlights of the behaviors in 2013 – 2014: thumping the mentally ill, the bloody Bush cases, the pass around a female police explorer over 3 or 4 officers.. the innocent kissing by married officer., one was so gentlemanly that he waited til she graduated high schoolbefore having her on the hood of his car while in uniform and on duty, severaldomestic violence by officers, one goingout of City to get laid, wrecking his squad car, rumored steroid ragers, thenwe all know the tragedy of the Estates ‘team building’ party that landed two officersin jail and worse. How the hell doesthat level misbehavior go on so long without notice or correction? Incompetent and Arrogant leadership.

So the Commission hired a consultant to come review the organizationstructure.. then the negotiation began the opportunity for City Manager Lewisand vespia to bust the LT union and blame the sacrificed Lieutenantposition. The men in those positionswere fish in a barrel. The good LIEutenantwas the first winner to become a Commander. This in spite of his Lying PIP and lies to me. They insinuate blame of the chaos was fixed by wiping out the LT class. The single majorrecommendation that came out of the CPSM study was to hire Steve Uebelacker tobring discipline to the organization. Commander Brown from the SSO, Commander Rose from FDLE and Asst Pelfreywere brought in. SO they didnt create the mess you describe..

That very same fall is when I met with the Command team and promised all kinds of thing from vespia and Morales. BWCs and more CIT were promised.

Stephanie, you need to think “big picture” here. BWC’s are a waste of money at this point in North Port. We have very few complaints, including excessive use of force complaints. Be careful what you ask for, body cams will cause more problems here than solve them. And as far as CIT goes, sure... it’s valiable training. But, society needs to stop relying on LE to fix the mental illness problem. It will never happen, nor is it our job. I understand you had a bad experience involving your mentally ill son and the police, but the fact is we, and police all over the country, flawlessly deal with mentally Ill subjects day in and day out. You only hear about the 1 percent of the time when it goes bad... after police were called.... to handle a problem that’s not really theirs to handle. It’s a tricky situation. Think beyond just your own personal experiences and maybe you can have more of a positive impact.

Unregistered
07-21-2018, 11:10 PM
Stephanie, you need to think “big picture” here. BWC’s are a waste of money at this point in North Port. We have very few complaints, including excessive use of force complaints. Be careful what you ask for, body cams will cause more problems here than solve them. And as far as CIT goes, sure... it’s valiable training. But, society needs to stop relying on LE to fix the mental illness problem. It will never happen, nor is it our job. I understand you had a bad experience involving your mentally ill son and the police, but the fact is we, and police all over the country, flawlessly deal with mentally Ill subjects day in and day out. You only hear about the 1 percent of the time when it goes bad... after police were called.... to handle a problem that’s not really theirs to handle. It’s a tricky situation. Think beyond just your own personal experiences and maybe you can have more of a positive impact.

Although I can appreciate your assessment of body cams causing more problems than they are worth, I currently work for an agency that is brought in to investigate corruption and officer misconduct. I have to say that the body cam footage has saved more officers from false allegations than it has been used to prove the abuse of power or misconduct. I am not saying that some officers are not caught on camera doing things the are a violation, because it happens. But the majority of the footage clears officers who without the footage would be under more scrutiny.

Unregistered
07-22-2018, 01:45 AM
Very few complaints, are you for real. Look at the dash cam videos, k9 and the drunk perp, long and Lyons tuning up the old guy, if anyplace need them its NPPD. This has been an ongoing saga and needs to stop. The warrior brutality demeanor is archaic and needs to be discontinued. This body cam idea has been floating around for some three years, and the excuses from Morales and crew are, we are not set up for them and we need more direction before we implement, this is BS. Every patrol car has state of the art digital recording devices, up to date, all this is stored at HQ, coincidently NPPD has some of the best IT techs out there. So the storage excuse is mute, they can use the vehicle camera systems storage. Most of your city PDs have cameras, I am sure they implemented rules and procedures, so just copy there's, seem pretty simple. KV and crew have been resistant from the start, no one wants full accountability, it is safer with no body cams because now its there word against ours, no video evidence. If there was Body cam footage of Stephs incident or of the Smille shooting, well there might have been more accountability, but there was not, so it is as we say it is, like it or not. The officer safety bs being spewed about the bearcat is garbage. Shooting over in the grid last week, perp had semi auto pistol and semi auto intertec machine gun like pistol. no bearcat, handled by patrol, everything has its place and priorities, the body cams should have been first in that they do provide a level of officer safety in that they record every contact and interaction and if it goes bad its recorded. The bearcat will be used by a select few, in limited engagement and will not offer any level of safety to the street officer, in that street interactions pop off immediately and are over in seconds. As far as crisis intervention, its your job, like it or not. You are the first one on the scene, is it not better to be trained than to try and stumble thru it. Remember if you are trained, that is documented and if things go bad, it along with body cams will CYA. The future is here, like it or not.

Stephanie Gibson
07-22-2018, 02:38 AM

I agree BWC do introduce very problematic issues, to what degree depends on the laws and the local policies. I have been doing my homework. Id love to find better answers but reality is their are no clear paths. so we gotta find our own local solutions that works for our given local situation. I am very private by nature. There is noone that understands the cost to privacy of body cams.

Cops are only capturing the actions they are trained to do and that most do professionally everyday. Now, Try being on the other side of the camera. Do you not think the privacy I am advocating to be given up is lost on me.. Do you think I like your vehicle plate readers and face recognition software. Do you think when we have a family crisis that I want it captured on video? <shudder> I dont.

This department cannot deny that force has been as a sport for some and the accountability has been exactly nil. Even today, we are playing hide n seek with the problems. Promoting em and cloaking em in a glass closet.

While you can shrug off an overstep or dozen of individual constitutional rights, I can't and won't live with that. I want my trust restored in NPPD and public trust in general for police restored... but until we cull the repeat offenders and police hold your own accountable, well the trust will sadly remain broken.

In the meantime, lets protect the good cops from getting railroaded by some asshat making false claims and prosecute the blood thirsty and thumping varieties.. other things can be learned and taught from HQ.. but mostly erase the non event video as I am sure most of it will be.

So with all due respect to the "big picture" of reforming a chaotic mental health system and getting cops out of the loop.. Id love that as much as you. but my reality, and your reality, is cops are the first responder to those in a mental crisis.

Stephanie Gibson
07-22-2018, 03:17 AM
Has anyone asked the new chief what is plans are?

I have heard nothing but commitment to BWCs from Chief Garrison.

Unregistered
07-22-2018, 03:35 PM
I have heard nothing but commitment to BWCs from Chief Garrison.

he states 2020 or 2021 really that's commitment ???????

Unregistered
07-24-2018, 01:19 AM
he states 2020 or 2021 really that's commitment ???????

That's a bold face like. That is not what he said in public meetings.

Unregistered
07-24-2018, 10:21 PM
That's a bold face like. That is not what he said in public meetings. bold face LIKE ok if you say so, 2018 is almost gone, no money this year, so if they rush and can get the money them maybe 2019 but since no money is in the proposed budget then the earliest they can be even purchased, if budgeted, is 2020 or 2021, that's reality not a bold faced like !!!!!!! Money money money is what its all about, of course no LEO wants to be recorded, slip of the tongue, slap in the head, or just a little nip, its all about accountability, just imagine if KV implemented this three years ago what videos we would have, the audio training tape by C shown as to what not to do on a traffic stop, actual footage of the K9 mauls or the resisting arrests and of course the Smile fatal shooting and all the lawsuits. If this ever occurs and that's a big if, then 2020 or 2021, do not buy into what the new chief says, some people only tell you what you want to hear.

Unregistered
07-25-2018, 04:20 AM
bold face LIKE ok if you say so, 2018 is almost gone, no money this year, so if they rush and can get the money them maybe 2019 but since no money is in the proposed budget then the earliest they can be even purchased, if budgeted, is 2020 or 2021, that's reality not a bold faced like !!!!!!! Money money money is what its all about, of course no LEO wants to be recorded, slip of the tongue, slap in the head, or just a little nip, its all about accountability, just imagine if KV implemented this three years ago what videos we would have, the audio training tape by C shown as to what not to do on a traffic stop, actual footage of the K9 mauls or the resisting arrests and of course the Smile fatal shooting and all the lawsuits. If this ever occurs and that's a big if, then 2020 or 2021, do not buy into what the new chief says, some people only tell you what you want to hear. Okay Stephanie....

Unregistered
07-25-2018, 11:50 PM
The current vacancy for Commander has been pulled, placed on hold and will be advertised at a later date.

Unregistered
07-27-2018, 02:36 PM
OMG just heard he is hiring his girlfriend. How young is she?

Unregistered
07-27-2018, 03:36 PM
OMG just heard he is hiring his girlfriend. How young is she?
100 percent false statement.

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 05:58 AM
100 percent false statement. it was announced today thet Capt CM is being promoted to deputy chief, yeah, no surprise here. Is he qualified under the job description as posted, did the HR look or advertise for a better candidate???. No to both. He is not qualified simply because he still only has his HS education, does not actually have the required Bachelors degree, Yeah I know he is working on it, but so wasn't KV. As an interim chief, he was less than stellar, he pouted and lied to get his tank, spent thousands on his traffic unit and failed to bring the PD as they say up to par. CM is a political hack who has the support of Queen VC and her present entrouge. His leadership abilities have already been shown in his support of KV and his acceptance and participation in KV's antics. He was just as much responsible as KV and MP, as they say vicarious liability flows uphill. He was the top cop in patrol and responsible for all uniformed officers and we should never ever forget what transpired there. I know he has that stupid grin and tells us what we want to hear, but beware, he is the leader of the good old boys and subscribes to there philosophy Yes I get it Chief Karma is here, don't rely on him, its all been a smokescreen. Chief Karma will only be here a short time, he will be forced out as soon as his deputy chief is ready and wants his job or before Queen VC is termed out. The deputy chief is just a culpable in what has and to some extent is still transpiring at the NPPD. KV and MP needed to go, there's no question there. CM was the leader of the uniformed division and he sold his men and women right down the tubes, yeah I know what could he have done, he could have used his political influences and righted this wrong and did nothing. He is and never will be a leader, he is a political hack, even with Chief Karma's appointment nothing is going to change here as long as CM and his cronies and Capt A still remain.

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 11:15 AM
it was announced today thet Capt CM is being promoted to deputy chief, yeah, no surprise here. Is he qualified under the job description as posted, did the HR look or advertise for a better candidate???. No to both. He is not qualified simply because he still only has his HS education, does not actually have the required Bachelors degree, Yeah I know he is working on it, but so wasn't KV. As an interim chief, he was less than stellar, he pouted and lied to get his tank, spent thousands on his traffic unit and failed to bring the PD as they say up to par. CM is a political hack who has the support of Queen VC and her present entrouge. His leadership abilities have already been shown in his support of KV and his acceptance and participation in KV's antics. He was just as much responsible as KV and MP, as they say vicarious liability flows uphill. He was the top cop in patrol and responsible for all uniformed officers and we should never ever forget what transpired there. I know he has that stupid grin and tells us what we want to hear, but beware, he is the leader of the good old boys and subscribes to there philosophy Yes I get it Chief Karma is here, don't rely on him, its all been a smokescreen. Chief Karma will only be here a short time, he will be forced out as soon as his deputy chief is ready and wants his job or before Queen VC is termed out. The deputy chief is just a culpable in what has and to some extent is still transpiring at the NPPD. KV and MP needed to go, there's no question there. CM was the leader of the uniformed division and he sold his men and women right down the tubes, yeah I know what could he have done, he could have used his political influences and righted this wrong and did nothing. He is and never will be a leader, he is a political hack, even with Chief Karma's appointment nothing is going to change here as long as CM and his cronies and Capt A still remain.
Stephanie give it a break. I work in the pd and the new chief is making changes. We are very hopeful with what we've seen in the last two weeks. This new chief is nothing like we've seen in the past.

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Stephanie give it a break. I work in the pd and the new chief is making changes. We are very hopeful with what we've seen in the last two weeks. This new chief is nothing like we've seen in the past.

I can tell by the writing here that this is not Stephanie. The person that wrote this has no idea what has happened in the department since KV left. There were a lot of positives, but this person will never know or be swayed from his or hers personal belief that they know everything and it's always going to be negative vibes. Stephanie has her beliefs about the department and though I might not always agree with her, she'll put her name to her thoughts. I work here, so I know what has happened since the tyrant left us. We're coming back North Port!

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 01:48 PM
I can tell by the writing here that this is not Stephanie. The person that wrote this has no idea what has happened in the department since KV left. There were a lot of positives, but this person will never know or be swayed from his or hers personal belief that they know everything and it's always going to be negative vibes. Stephanie has her beliefs about the department and though I might not always agree with her, she'll put her name to her thoughts. I work here, so I know what has happened since the tyrant left us. We're coming back North Port!
I agree with this poster. WE ARE COMING BACK! We are excited about the changes going on inside the police department.

Stephanie Gibson
07-28-2018, 03:20 PM
It is no secret that while I like and respect Morales, he would not have been my pick. If he made this choice without considering other available candidates that is concerning and a missed opportunity to bring more experience to NPPD. I am certain he realizes that Chris is a great political asset to him. It should be Chief Garrison's choice.. and he made it and will own its outcome. it is the way it works.

My bigger issue is the March 2018 commitment from Chris and Lear that he was going to get his education and then would be readied for a future promotion. Chris would return to the Captain role. We just got rid of a Chief who was fast tracked to the top without the education or needed years of experience at each rank. We cannot improve Public Trust when we say one thing and do another.

It really feels like history repeating itself... but it doesnt matter what it feels like to me. I am hopeful it is the right path for all of you AND the citizens of North Port. Time will tell...

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Memo%20CM%20Lear%20Interim%20Police%20Chief%20Appo intment%5B4837%5D.pdf?token=AWxWrgNl_JicxR9lcoDU17 JJy7-mFSiq4ziwxIoybFw98zrvlrVMzcqWLJL53s35IefY0U16-V9Il5DWXQ-sXs5mwO0QCWN6X9l1XZXRIwin0asMdXeYr5lTN0rUoHvNQp0yR 6ee2xdNm7HPWndSW49Dw3Vicfn96J9kXH01pvBNyg

Stephanie Gibson
07-28-2018, 03:22 PM
What is the difference between Assistant Police Chief and Deputy Police Chief?

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 03:34 PM
it was announced today thet Capt CM is being promoted to deputy chief, yeah, no surprise here. Is he qualified under the job description as posted, did the HR look or advertise for a better candidate???. No to both. He is not qualified simply because he still only has his HS education, does not actually have the required Bachelors degree, Yeah I know he is working on it, but so wasn't KV. As an interim chief, he was less than stellar, he pouted and lied to get his tank, spent thousands on his traffic unit and failed to bring the PD as they say up to par. CM is a political hack who has the support of Queen VC and her present entrouge. His leadership abilities have already been shown in his support of KV and his acceptance and participation in KV's antics. He was just as much responsible as KV and MP, as they say vicarious liability flows uphill. He was the top cop in patrol and responsible for all uniformed officers and we should never ever forget what transpired there. I know he has that stupid grin and tells us what we want to hear, but beware, he is the leader of the good old boys and subscribes to there philosophy Yes I get it Chief Karma is here, don't rely on him, its all been a smokescreen. Chief Karma will only be here a short time, he will be forced out as soon as his deputy chief is ready and wants his job or before Queen VC is termed out. The deputy chief is just a culpable in what has and to some extent is still transpiring at the NPPD. KV and MP needed to go, there's no question there. CM was the leader of the uniformed division and he sold his men and women right down the tubes, yeah I know what could he have done, he could have used his political influences and righted this wrong and did nothing. He is and never will be a leader, he is a political hack, even with Chief Karma's appointment nothing is going to change here as long as CM and his cronies and Capt A still remain. I might not fully agree with the above, but it has valid points. First I work here also, positive changes, well we will see when the dust settles. I been around to long to buy into this crap.There is a system in place for promotions. Job is posted and there are actually job requirements which must be met before you can even apply, one such is for commander and above you need a bachelors degree, not working on it, you need to have it. CM does not have any degree. This job was not posted to my knowledge, internally or externally, applications were not accepted, candidates were not interviewed as REQUIRED !!!!!! Let us not kid ourselves, he would have been appointed anyway, but the process would have been followed.The whole process is a political sham. I am not a good old boy nor am I a Kiss a$$. I have been on the tell you one thing and do the other of our Captain. He is a politician first and a somewhat LEO second. That's ok. Let us remember he himself declined to apply for the chiefs position stating he was not ready to be a leader, yet here he is being appointed second in command without following the process. He cannot hide from his past lack of leadership fiascos. Here this city admin touts change and what do they do, bypass the process, appoint there next chief, giving him a big raise. Breaking the established rules is what has gotten this PD to this point. No accountability or ethics, so really nothing has changed.

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 07:13 PM
I might not fully agree with the above, but it has valid points. First I work here also, positive changes, well we will see when the dust settles. I been around to long to buy into this crap.There is a system in place for promotions. Job is posted and there are actually job requirements which must be met before you can even apply, one such is for commander and above you need a bachelors degree, not working on it, you need to have it. CM does not have any degree. This job was not posted to my knowledge, internally or externally, applications were not accepted, candidates were not interviewed as REQUIRED !!!!!! Let us not kid ourselves, he would have been appointed anyway, but the process would have been followed.The whole process is a political sham. I am not a good old boy nor am I a Kiss a$$. I have been on the tell you one thing and do the other of our Captain. He is a politician first and a somewhat LEO second. That's ok. Let us remember he himself declined to apply for the chiefs position stating he was not ready to be a leader, yet here he is being appointed second in command without following the process. He cannot hide from his past lack of leadership fiascos. Here this city admin touts change and what do they do, bypass the process, appoint there next chief, giving him a big raise. Breaking the established rules is what has gotten this PD to this point. No accountability or ethics, so really nothing has changed.

The deputy chiefs position is an appointed position at the discretion of the chief. So get off your soap box and get back to work.

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 07:16 PM
I might not fully agree with the above, but it has valid points. First I work here also, positive changes, well we will see when the dust settles. I been around to long to buy into this crap.There is a system in place for promotions. Job is posted and there are actually job requirements which must be met before you can even apply, one such is for commander and above you need a bachelors degree, not working on it, you need to have it. CM does not have any degree. This job was not posted to my knowledge, internally or externally, applications were not accepted, candidates were not interviewed as REQUIRED !!!!!! Let us not kid ourselves, he would have been appointed anyway, but the process would have been followed.The whole process is a political sham. I am not a good old boy nor am I a Kiss a$$. I have been on the tell you one thing and do the other of our Captain. He is a politician first and a somewhat LEO second. That's ok. Let us remember he himself declined to apply for the chiefs position stating he was not ready to be a leader, yet here he is being appointed second in command without following the process. He cannot hide from his past lack of leadership fiascos. Here this city admin touts change and what do they do, bypass the process, appoint there next chief, giving him a big raise. Breaking the established rules is what has gotten this PD to this point. No accountability or ethics, so really nothing has changed.

If you are so unhappy why dont you quit and go somewhere else.

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 07:19 PM
It is no secret that while I like and respect Morales, he would not have been my pick. If he made this choice without considering other available candidates that is concerning and a missed opportunity to bring more experience to NPPD. I am certain he realizes that Chris is a great political asset to him. It should be Chief Garrison's choice.. and he made it and will own its outcome. it is the way it works.

My bigger issue is the March 2018 commitment from Chris and Lear that he was going to get his education and then would be readied for a future promotion. Chris would return to the Captain role. We just got rid of a Chief who was fast tracked to the top without the education or needed years of experience at each rank. We cannot improve Public Trust when we say one thing and do another.

It really feels like history repeating itself... but it doesnt matter what it feels like to me. I am hopeful it is the right path for all of you AND the citizens of North Port. Time will tell...

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Memo%20CM%20Lear%20Interim%20Police%20Chief%20Appo intment%5B4837%5D.pdf?token=AWxWrgNl_JicxR9lcoDU17 JJy7-mFSiq4ziwxIoybFw98zrvlrVMzcqWLJL53s35IefY0U16-V9Il5DWXQ-sXs5mwO0QCWN6X9l1XZXRIwin0asMdXeYr5lTN0rUoHvNQp0yR 6ee2xdNm7HPWndSW49Dw3Vicfn96J9kXH01pvBNyg

So please share who you think who should be the deputy chief from internal candidates?

Stephanie Gibson
07-28-2018, 08:21 PM
So please share who you think who should be the deputy chief from internal candidates?

I never advocated for an internal candidate. Anyone on staff who had the education or experience was sacrificed and/or run off. I do know there are many men and women out there seeking an opportunity to put their Education Experience to work.. See the dozens of Chief candidate applications we received.

I dont see how we expect a culture change when we reward the leadership of the failure that led us to the need for change. It is the same ol chit.. see The thumper promotions in the aftermath, see the Hide the KB games that have gone on instead of addressing the core problem as a couple of examples.

I knew this was likely when Garrison didnt reprioritize the ARV and the BWCs pushed out. He clearly is buying in hook, line and sinker then and Now with the promotion of what led us to the need for change.. it is disappointing, at least from my perspective but it isnt mine to fight anymore. It is all Garrison now. From the two major decisions thus far, I see the same old, same old. No clue as to the references made about improvements made internally in the first two weeks...

I am going to turn the corner and go another way.

Stephanie Gibson
07-28-2018, 10:15 PM

Well it wasnt me.. I sign mine boy. Congrats on still having a job, you must be one of the goldenz or not experienced or smart enough to be a threat. As for a miraculous turnaround in two weeks.. that is laughable and lends me to believe you couldnt manage your way out of a wet paper bag.

As for telling me to give it a break.. well you bring your K9 Tasers and Thumpers on over and come take my constitutional rights.. cause that is the only way you will shut me down coward.

Until your yellow belly grows a back bone and a set of nads... #FO

Unregistered
07-28-2018, 10:59 PM
This was all part of the deal when they offered Garrison the position over the other candidates that had more experience. He had to play ball with Lear and appoint Morales. Come on people. Its all going to play out soon enough.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 01:32 AM
The deputy chiefs position is an appointed position at the discretion of the chief. So get off your soap box and get back to work. well lets see now, the chiefs position which is a appointed position was farmed out at what 17 grand of the taxpayers money and several more experienced applicants were dismissed, then HR did the advertising, applications were taken, interviews conducted and Karma was appointed. For every commander position, the process is followed, Captain the same way, even sergeants and fake corporals have to follow the process. and yet the only position which as you state is appointed without any process is Assistant chief, reeks of favoritism, political appointment. He is not qualified, at least MP had masters degrees, CM still has his HS, but as stated he is going to the KV school of continuing education for his bachelors. The process is in place to seek the best QUALIFIED applicant, not to appoint someone's political flunky. The city manager has a moral and fiscal responsibility to ensure the best qualified applicant gets the job and the big salary provided by the taxpayers. NP is no longer the city it was five years ago, younger population and we demand accountability. Are KV, Lewis and Danny boy really gone, because it sure looks like its business as usual . Promoting a person who was a key figure in destroying NPPD in the first place. As they say Fu$k up, Move up and to the victor belongs the spoils.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 01:57 AM
Chief Garrison has only been there two weeks. Give the man a chance to show what he can do. All this anger is unnecessary. You all have jobs and thats what matters. You are paid well and work in a relatively safe city. This anger of who has been promoted is just a waste of breath and lowers morale. What the hell does it matter if someone has a degree or not. They can be bought and cheated for. I haven’t seen yet in my entire long career that it matters if someone has a 8x10 piece of paper the proves they are a leader. It usually makes you dumber in my opinion. Leaders are made by experience not typing APA and learning to plagiarize. Yeah a college degree is nice, but shouldn’t preclude someone from moving up the ladder. Sometimes command staff has to make choices when they are pulled in nine different directions and they aren’t favorable to everyone. This just shows you have hate pent up and long careers ahead of you. Give Garrison and Morales a chance. Maybe support them and you will be happier down the road. Infighting just destroys agencies piece by piece. Let’s stand up together with the command and get to work.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Chief Garrison has only been there two weeks. Give the man a chance to show what he can do. All this anger is unnecessary. You all have jobs and thats what matters. You are paid well and work in a relatively safe city. This anger of who has been promoted is just a waste of breath and lowers morale. What the hell does it matter if someone has a degree or not. They can be bought and cheated for. I haven’t seen yet in my entire long career that it matters if someone has a 8x10 piece of paper the proves they are a leader. It usually makes you dumber in my opinion. Leaders are made by experience not typing APA and learning to plagiarize. Yeah a college degree is nice, but shouldn’t preclude someone from moving up the ladder. Sometimes command staff has to make choices when they are pulled in nine different directions and they aren’t favorable to everyone. This just shows you have hate pent up and long careers ahead of you. Give Garrison and Morales a chance. Maybe support them and you will be happier down the road. Infighting just destroys agencies piece by piece. Let’s stand up together with the command and get to work. wow this will certainly get you points, so basically who cares if the entire system is circumvented to appease one person, Garrision should put a stop to this and require the process, its the right thing, advertise and see who applies, most certainly the same result of Morales will prevail, but you want respect, follow the rules, that's the major problem with this place, certain people can do what they want with no accountability. Garrision preaches the talk, now do the walk. Everybody no matter who you are is accountable, without exception !!!!!. Your comments on education just show your lack of it... education makes you dumber and your paid by the taxpayers to do what ?????

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 02:50 PM
wow this will certainly get you points, so basically who cares if the entire system is circumvented to appease one person, Garrision should put a stop to this and require the process, its the right thing, advertise and see who applies, most certainly the same result of Morales will prevail, but you want respect, follow the rules, that's the major problem with this place, certain people can do what they want with no accountability. Garrision preaches the talk, now do the walk. Everybody no matter who you are is accountable, without exception !!!!!. Your comments on education just show your lack of it... education makes you dumber and your paid by the taxpayers to do what ?????

Garrison failed his first test by promoting an unqualified member to Asst Chief.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 02:52 PM
Garrison failed his first test by promoting an unqualified member to Asst Chief.

That's what you get with a yes man!!!!! More to come.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Well it wasnt me.. I sign mine boy. Congrats on still having a job, you must be one of the goldenz or not experienced or smart enough to be a threat. As for a miraculous turnaround in two weeks.. that is laughable and lends me to believe you couldnt manage your way out of a wet paper bag.

As for telling me to give it a break.. well you bring your K9 Tasers and Thumpers on over and come take my constitutional rights.. cause that is the only way you will shut me down coward.

Until your yellow belly grows a back bone and a set of nads... #FO

We all knew it wouldn't be long before you'd be slamming our new chief. Its what you do. Calling us yellow bellies just shows how ignorant you are. Come walk a mile in our shoes and we'll see who the yellow belly is. Its really funny to see someone who hasn't served a day as an leo thinks they know everything about what we do.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 10:40 PM
Well a degree is a great accomplishment, however I have one and I can tell you that once achieved a light didn,t come on and I was all knowing. The field and actual working this type of work is where the real experience comes from. Leadership or abilities to take ownership for your decisions is not taught in school. You either are for the betterment of the department or use your position for your own agenda. If you are not suited to be a letter a degree won't matter, time will reveal the the shortcoming of someone who is in it for themselves and overtime they will fail.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 11:25 PM
We all knew it wouldn't be long before you'd be slamming our new chief. Its what you do. Calling us yellow bellies just shows how ignorant you are. Come walk a mile in our shoes and we'll see who the yellow belly is. Its really funny to see someone who hasn't served a day as an leo thinks they know everything about what we do. first I don't think the yellowbellies was a blanket statement, It looked like it was intended for the poster and get off your high horse, when was the last time you were in a real roll around, give it a break, its a job, putting aside the FT Myers tragedy, RIP brother, what is our job, providing a service. The average citizen has more of a chance getting injured or killed crossing 41. The job is difficult at times but for the majority its answering calls, training, doing reports and dodging I/As or second guessing. By the way when was the last time you walked a mile, well ???? Just remember if it wasn't for her and the other concerned citizens KV,MP, Danny Shitz and the whole crew would still be there, she calls it as she sees it like it or not.

Unregistered
07-29-2018, 11:37 PM
first I don't think the yellowbellies was a blanket statement, It looked like it was intended for the poster and get off your high horse, when was the last time you were in a real roll around, give it a break, its a job, putting aside the FT Myers tragedy, RIP brother, what is our job, providing a service. The average citizen has more of a chance getting injured or killed crossing 41. The job is difficult at times but for the majority its answering calls, training, doing reports and dodging I/As or second guessing. By the way when was the last time you walked a mile, well ???? Just remember if it wasn't for her and the other concerned citizens KV,MP, Danny Shitz and the whole crew would still be there, she calls it as she sees it like it or not. Well its been a couple weeks and what has been accomplished, lets see. spent 300 grand on a 150 K armored tank, Yes Chief Karma it is a tank all the whining a lying and carrying on and his priority was to get a tank over the body cameras. Officers safety and as he states trees are no good cover in a firefight, he knows that. Trees have been cover since the dawn of time, but hey maybe NP trees are different. Body cameras, well a tank protects a few officers, that's if it is ever used. Body cameras would be used daily and would protect all the officers and civilians who come in contact with them, but the tank will be here in November and will have wings (red bull commercial) the cameras well in 2020 or 21 or 22 or never. The he promotes CM to ass chief without any regards to the established process, I am sure even LCSO had a process for promotion. He is touted as a cops cop, if there was a definition of this I believe it would be he is going to protect his men, if this is the case then the city manager, Mayor VC and the whole process failed miserably. We wanted change what we got was just more of the same, and its only been really a week.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 03:03 AM
Well its been a couple weeks and what has been accomplished, lets see. spent 300 grand on a 150 K armored tank, Yes Chief Karma it is a tank all the whining a lying and carrying on and his priority was to get a tank over the body cameras. Officers safety and as he states trees are no good cover in a firefight, he knows that. Trees have been cover since the dawn of time, but hey maybe NP trees are different. Body cameras, well a tank protects a few officers, that's if it is ever used. Body cameras would be used daily and would protect all the officers and civilians who come in contact with them, but the tank will be here in November and will have wings (red bull commercial) the cameras well in 2020 or 21 or 22 or never. The he promotes CM to ass chief without any regards to the established process, I am sure even LCSO had a process for promotion. He is touted as a cops cop, if there was a definition of this I believe it would be he is going to protect his men, if this is the case then the city manager, Mayor VC and the whole process failed miserably. We wanted change what we got was just more of the same, and its only been really a week.
Stop crying baby and go back to work. Or quit and go somewhere else. The rest of us like some of the changes that are being discussed.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 03:24 AM
Stop crying baby and go back to work. Or quit and go somewhere else. The rest of us like some of the changes that are being discussed.in a previous post education or the lack of it, is that really important, here we have the reason why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 03:38 AM
Well a degree is a great accomplishment, however I have one and I can tell you that once achieved a light didn,t come on and I was all knowing. The field and actual working this type of work is where the real experience comes from. Leadership or abilities to take ownership for your decisions is not taught in school. You either are for the betterment of the department or use your position for your own agenda. If you are not suited to be a letter a degree won't matter, time will reveal the the shortcoming of someone who is in it for themselves and overtime they will fail. Obviously you do not work here nor are you familiar with our last GED toten Chief. I agree experience is the best teacher, but education is just as important. Statute books, court decisions, interactions with the public, in this case, budgets, statistics etc. An education is a must in todays policing world. The day of the uneducated baboon patrolling the street looking for a good fight is over. Liability is a ever present threat, cameras are everywhere if you have ever had to testify one of the first question is about ones education. I have seen cases lose there credibility when an officer states I have a GED, Education is not a cure all fix because we all know you can buy a degree, but being paid over a hundred grand a year, it should clearly be required, wait it is required, so it makes this post mute. There is a section of the job description which allows experience to be substituted for education, but not replace education. So we will see, will Chief Karma follow the rules and procedures or not. Im betting not, because VC gets what she wants and she wants Morales promoted.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Well its been a couple weeks and what has been accomplished, lets see. spent 300 grand on a 150 K armored tank, Yes Chief Karma it is a tank all the whining a lying and carrying on and his priority was to get a tank over the body cameras. Officers safety and as he states trees are no good cover in a firefight, he knows that. Trees have been cover since the dawn of time, but hey maybe NP trees are different. Body cameras, well a tank protects a few officers, that's if it is ever used. Body cameras would be used daily and would protect all the officers and civilians who come in contact with them, but the tank will be here in November and will have wings (red bull commercial) the cameras well in 2020 or 21 or 22 or never. The he promotes CM to ass chief without any regards to the established process, I am sure even LCSO had a process for promotion. He is touted as a cops cop, if there was a definition of this I believe it would be he is going to protect his men, if this is the case then the city manager, Mayor VC and the whole process failed miserably. We wanted change what we got was just more of the same, and its only been really a week.

Why are you always so negative? What is your problem? I believe a neutral, third party person would agree that one week, or even 4 weeks is entirely too soon to estimate how changes will occur. We are a large enough agency, that has endured so much scandalous behavior and incompetent leadership, that it will take time. Lay off the negative posts and do your darn job. It will take time to see if this new Chief is as good as his word, but he must be given that time to prove himself. People like you coming on this board with your negative attitude do not help further the positive changes we want to see.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 02:27 PM

Good post!!! Lest see some good decisions Chief Garrison. Morales has already set you back.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Good post!!! Lest see some good decisions Chief Garrison. Morales has already set you back.

I have to agree with this post. Already on strike one,chief. Morales is and always has been part of this agencies main problems. We wait for the new chief and all the changes and what does he do...promote the person that has been part of the problem all along. To top it off he promoted a person to a position that he is not qualified to occupy. Terrible start sir.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 10:32 PM
I have been monitoring this forum for several weeks, I actual applied for a commander position and was lucky enough to get an Assistant Chief position at another agency. I read all the negativity surrounding the new Chief's decision to appoint Captain Morrals to Deputy Chief. All Chief's have expectations for their command staff and will count on them to push forward their vision for the department. If in fact all the negativity is factual, I found in most cases it is command staff with no clear expectations and are allowed to basically run things as they see fit. I am sure that the new Chief will see right through this so called toxic leadership and will not tolerate the destruction of his department from with in and will eventually clip the wings of the offenders.

Give your new leader a chance, and although you may not like the initial restructuring, from what I have read your Chief is very experienced and will learn the department and move you in a positive direction.

Good luck

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 11:05 PM
Stephanie, you need to think “big picture” here. BWC’s are a waste of money at this point in North Port. We have very few complaints, including excessive use of force complaints. Be careful what you ask for, body cams will cause more problems here than solve them. And as far as CIT goes, sure... it’s valiable training. But, society needs to stop relying on LE to fix the mental illness problem. It will never happen, nor is it our job. I understand you had a bad experience involving your mentally ill son and the police, but the fact is we, and police all over the country, flawlessly deal with mentally Ill subjects day in and day out. You only hear about the 1 percent of the time when it goes bad... after police were called.... to handle a problem that’s not really theirs to handle. It’s a tricky situation. Think beyond just your own personal experiences and maybe you can have more of a positive impact.The Ft Myers tragedy is the perfect example of why we need BWC's. It was all caught on tape. The encounter with a so called mentally ill person, who no one knows how he slipped thru the cracks. How about the shooting up north where the officer chased a perp with a gun and had to shoot him, the camera clearly showed the gun and the gun in the perp hands as he turned towards the officer, But yet out illustrious leaders felt the need to buy a 300 grand armored tank, rational, its better than a tree for cover. Better officer safety training is needed in the handling of the mentally ill, its not just about the mentally ill person's safety , its more about how to handle and detain until such time they are transported. More protections/training must be in place to provide any LEO the right to clear the incident without injury or worse. The BWC's, despite what our leaders believe, are a must for all our officers and that bearcat needs to be cancelled and the cameras ordered up. Its what the taxpayers want and the department needs. The decision for the bearcat is Morales alone, he wanted it over the BWC's and this is just another reason why he should just stay a Captain, He is not, nor has he ever been, any type of leader.

Unregistered
07-30-2018, 11:05 PM
I have been monitoring this forum for several weeks, I actual applied for a commander position and was lucky enough to get an Assistant Chief position at another agency. I read all the negativity surrounding the new Chief's decision to appoint Captain Morrals to Deputy Chief. All Chief's have expectations for their command staff and will count on them to push forward their vision for the department. If in fact all the negativity is factual, I found in most cases it is command staff with no clear expectations and are allowed to basically run things as they see fit. I am sure that the new Chief will see right through this so called toxic leadership and will not tolerate the destruction of his department from with in and will eventually clip the wings of the offenders.

Give your new leader a chance, and although you may not like the initial restructuring, from what I have read your Chief is very experienced and will learn the department and move you in a positive direction.

Good luckyou made the right choice, good luck

Unregistered
08-02-2018, 12:18 AM
your new chief is a good chief, untill MOR retires he will actually be the "unseen" chief remember counsil wanted him but he turned them down

Unregistered
08-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Enough of the negativity.

Unregistered
08-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Enough of the negativity. KMA don't like it, don't read it !!!!!!

Unregistered
08-03-2018, 12:01 AM
KMA don't like it, don't read it !!!!!!

Give the man a chance, heck he has just arrived and although you may not agree with his original choices, it doesn't mean that he is being lead by the nose. You seasoned employees know things that your new Chief does not, he has to go on the information he has received so far. That info usually doesn't come from the ground troops, but he will be learning the culture and will adjust as he sees fit. Don't get hung up on the first few weeks, it will take time for him to get a solid foothold on why needs to be done.

Unregistered
08-03-2018, 01:21 AM
Give the man a chance, heck he has just arrived and although you may not agree with his original choices, it doesn't mean that he is being lead by the nose. You seasoned employees know things that your new Chief does not, he has to go on the information he has received so far. That info usually doesn't come from the ground troops, but he will be learning the culture and will adjust as he sees fit. Don't get hung up on the first few weeks, it will take time for him to get a solid foothold on why needs to be done. Excuses and I didn't know are not acceptable. It is by no means a secret on how this place is run and what has happened here.He wants to be a chief then be a leader and not be told to break established protocol. Mayor VC is losing her juice and will lose her majority in this election, The chief has done nothing but better the working conditions for some while completely ignoring the citizens. His choice of the tank over the body cams is strictly on him, his BS letter to the commission on this will not be forgotten and his either being told or on his own promoting Morales will come back on him big time. He is being used as a stepping stone for Morales rise to chief. A friendly word of advise, don't unpack your bags, you wont be here long, Morales will see to that, like he did Sirianni and Pelfrey. CM is cunning and treacherous and has VC and her posse support. As soon as the dust settles, Morales will make his move. Smarten up Chief, look at the history of this place, the troops belong to Morales he has bought and paid for them with promotions etc, turn your attention to the people you serve, this is your only chance to make it here. Starting off fabricating a bs letter in support of the tank and then breaking established protocol in promoting Morales was not a very good start. Its your career, its up to you to navigate it.

Unregistered
08-03-2018, 02:21 AM
just noticed on the NPCC FB page that the K9 unit is soliciting funds, can someone tell me why the K9 unit needs to solicit funds from the public when the NPPD has over a 16 million dollar budget??????

Stephanie Gibson
08-03-2018, 05:59 PM
it isn't the PD that is raising funds but rather a private citizen organization raising funds FOR the K9 unit.

Unregistered
08-03-2018, 06:02 PM
it isn't the PD that is raising funds but rather a private citizen organization raising funds FOR the K9 unit.

Stephanie, You are correct. A private citizen is raising the finds. This is very common among law enforcement agencies across the entire country. If some of these people would get beyond the borders of North Port maybe they would know that.

Unregistered
08-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Stephanie, You are correct. A private citizen is raising the finds. This is very common among law enforcement agencies across the entire country. If some of these people would get beyond the borders of North Port maybe they would know that.

Wow. Yes some agencies with smaller budgets beg for money but most have strict polices in place to not accept this type of donation.

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 12:45 AM
Wow. Yes some agencies with smaller budgets beg for money but most have strict polices in place to not accept this type of donation.

Man you really are not that smart. Here is just on article I found in 30 seconds. Pasco SO is like 10 times the size of NPPD. Hernando SO is bigger also. Educate yourself before you post stupid stuff. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-ribs/

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 12:45 AM
Man you really are not that smart. Here is just on article I found in 30 seconds. Pasco SO is like 10 times the size of NPPD. Hernando SO is bigger also. Educate yourself before you post stupid stuff. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-ribs/

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/donor-inspired-by-stray-helps-small-agencies-field-k-9-dogs/2292888

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 12:47 AM
https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/donor-inspired-by-stray-helps-small-agencies-field-k-9-dogs/2292888

I guess Tampa PD is small also. I can keep going but I think I made my point. https://www.tampagov.net/news/three-new-k-9s-join-tpd

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 01:17 AM
I guess Tampa PD is small also. I can keep going but I think I made my point. https://www.tampagov.net/news/three-new-k-9s-join-tpd the point is simple, NPPD used to have 5 dogs and a 13 million budget, all was paid for including the expensive once a year trips to convention/.matches, Now we have two dogs and a 16 million dollar budget, the dogs have the best of everything and yet soliciting private donations, I ask, for what. I really dnt care about other departments, most do not fund the K9 like NPPD does, they are the elite, they were KV's boys. It is certainly an acceptable practice, if the unit is underfunded, but with only a couple dogs and full funding, what is the xtra money for.....in this case maybe for someone to train this dog since he doesn't listen to commands.

Stephanie Gibson
08-04-2018, 03:02 AM
I thought it was kind of cool. No idea what is or is not norm. I know there is usually a Shop with a Cop program where the cops hawks for donations. Maybe that is different, not sure.

The part that i was uncomfortable with was the posting of the lost Belgians, ONLY because we dont do the same when grannie loses Fluffy. It could be misinterpreted as special treatment for a special supporter.

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 10:44 AM
the point is simple, NPPD used to have 5 dogs and a 13 million budget, all was paid for including the expensive once a year trips to convention/.matches, Now we have two dogs and a 16 million dollar budget, the dogs have the best of everything and yet soliciting private donations, I ask, for what. I really dnt care about other departments, most do not fund the K9 like NPPD does, they are the elite, they were KV's boys. It is certainly an acceptable practice, if the unit is underfunded, but with only a couple dogs and full funding, what is the xtra money for.....in this case maybe for someone to train this dog since he doesn't listen to commands.

You make it sounds like the budget for K9 is in the millions. Before you spout off why don't you arm yourself with facts. I blasted you silly educated comments out of the water as far as you claiming only small departments ask for money. You then switch to how much money the budget is. We both know the K9 budget is not 16 million. Do some research, ask some questions and then post something based upon facts.

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 12:04 PM
I thought it was kind of cool. No idea what is or is not norm. I know there is usually a Shop with a Cop program where the cops hawks for donations. Maybe that is different, not sure.

The part that i was uncomfortable with was the posting of the lost Belgians, ONLY because we dont do the same when grannie loses Fluffy. It could be misinterpreted as special treatment for a special supporter.

Stephanie,

Once again you shoot your mouth off and are wrong. The PD has posted lost dogs numerous times on social media, Fluffy included. As much as you obsess over the PD and troll everything they do, surely I thought you would have seen these posts. Or maybe you’re just trying to stir the pot some more. Get a life.

Stephanie Gibson
08-04-2018, 02:46 PM
So i have an opinion on a casual issue and it is so offensive, you feel the need to break the Officer Code of Conduct to berate me for it? Really? Maybe if you are that reactive to it.. maybe it is you that is the obsessed troll. #FO and have a nice day.

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Stephanie,

Once again you shoot your mouth off and are wrong. The PD has posted lost dogs numerous times on social media, Fluffy included. As much as you obsess over the PD and troll everything they do, surely I thought you would have seen these posts. Or maybe you’re just trying to stir the pot some more. Get a life. spoken like a true nutless wanna be warrior, you go with you bad self , again for the ones who find this hard to understand, her so called obsession was caused by our warriors thumping her son and then going thru the process and then the so called warriors didn't even have the guts to show for court, dismissed, she and others spoke out and what happened,KV, JL ,MP ,amongst a slew of others so you should be thanking her, by the way if you don't have anything to hide, then you have no worries, but if you do, well, like it our not she and the others are here to stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS get a life or a hobby

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 04:40 PM
You make it sounds like the budget for K9 is in the millions. Before you spout off why don't you arm yourself with facts. I blasted you silly educated comments out of the water as far as you claiming only small departments ask for money. You then switch to how much money the budget is. We both know the K9 budget is not 16 million. Do some research, ask some questions and then post something based upon facts. first of all, your opinion on education requirements does not interest me, so in saying that you blasted sh!t, now I never stated the entire 16 million was for K9, nor did I say anything about millions etc. I stated there is enough money in the budget to adequately fund the K9 and asked why the admin needs to allow outside monies. If this is the case then any monies collected should be removed from there budget. Both dogs are more than adequately cared for and equipped. Hey wait maybe the dogs need titanium teeth, worked out well before, or maybe training on how to adequately enter a garbage can and bite a mental patient...I never claimed only small departments ask for money, you made that ASSumption. It is a nice jester than someone wants to help, but, the taxpayers already more than adequately fund this unit. This unit has a long history of abuse and one of the current handlers was just involved in an incident a few months ago, so it is what it is.

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 06:42 PM
What's next, standing out in front of Publix with a bucket asking for donations to buy a k-9 or a new tank?

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 08:09 PM
first of all, your opinion on education requirements does not interest me, so in saying that you blasted sh!t, now I never stated the entire 16 million was for K9, nor did I say anything about millions etc. I stated there is enough money in the budget to adequately fund the K9 and asked why the admin needs to allow outside monies. If this is the case then any monies collected should be removed from there budget. Both dogs are more than adequately cared for and equipped. Hey wait maybe the dogs need titanium teeth, worked out well before, or maybe training on how to adequately enter a garbage can and bite a mental patient...I never claimed only small departments ask for money, you made that ASSumption. It is a nice jester than someone wants to help, but, the taxpayers already more than adequately fund this unit. This unit has a long history of abuse and one of the current handlers was just involved in an incident a few months ago, so it is what it is.

No ASSumotion at all. Let me refresh your memory; "Wow. Yes some agencies with smaller budgets beg for money but most have strict polices in place to not accept this type of donation." Ring a bell? You posted it previously. Smaller budget would imply smaller agencies. Maybe you are not that smart and really don't get it or even remember what you post. Either way, I don't care. You bark up the wrong tree over someone wanting to do something good for K9 that is a private citizen/business. It happens all the time. Maybe the love police dogs and want to do something nice. It happens to agencies of all sizes across the country. If money is saved from the normal budget than that money could go to other equipment (e.g. protective shields and other safety items). Move on before you keep embarrassing yourself.

Unregistered
08-04-2018, 10:26 PM
No ASSumotion at all. Let me refresh your memory; "Wow. Yes some agencies with smaller budgets beg for money but most have strict polices in place to not accept this type of donation." Ring a bell? You posted it previously. Smaller budget would imply smaller agencies. Maybe you are not that smart and really don't get it or even remember what you post. Either way, I don't care. You bark up the wrong tree over someone wanting to do something good for K9 that is a private citizen/business. It happens all the time. Maybe the love police dogs and want to do something nice. It happens to agencies of all sizes across the country. If money is saved from the normal budget than that money could go to other equipment (e.g. protective shields and other safety items). Move on before you keep embarrassing yourself. First of all if your going to call someone stupid, you should really learn to spell, or is spell check to hard for you to figure our, I never quoted that smaller dept quote, so again you are wrong, I never implied anything, I merely stated the department has a 16 million dollar budget and the K9 unit is fully funded, which brings up another question, who is paying for the K9 supporter shirts ?????, is the private citizen paying for them or is it coming from the PD budget and if it is, why ???? Are they selling shirts the taxpayers paid for to solicit donations. So before you spew some more of your embarrassing stupid comments ask yourself with the history of this K9 unit, including a current member and the video they posted with the solicitation where the K9 is ignoring the handler, wouldn't it be better to keep this unit a low profile until such time they have a better handle on it. To solicit funds from the taxpayers and selling support shirts which were also paid for by the taxpayers to fund a unit that is already fully funded WHY. Is that to complicated a question for you to answer ?????

Unregistered
08-05-2018, 10:10 AM
First of all if your going to call someone stupid, you should really learn to spell, or is spell check to hard for you to figure our, I never quoted that smaller dept quote, so again you are wrong, I never implied anything, I merely stated the department has a 16 million dollar budget and the K9 unit is fully funded, which brings up another question, who is paying for the K9 supporter shirts ?????, is the private citizen paying for them or is it coming from the PD budget and if it is, why ???? Are they selling shirts the taxpayers paid for to solicit donations. So before you spew some more of your embarrassing stupid comments ask yourself with the history of this K9 unit, including a current member and the video they posted with the solicitation where the K9 is ignoring the handler, wouldn't it be better to keep this unit a low profile until such time they have a better handle on it. To solicit funds from the taxpayers and selling support shirts which were also paid for by the taxpayers to fund a unit that is already fully funded WHY. Is that to complicated a question for you to answer ?????

You are going on the assumption that they are the ones who started this and soliciting the funds. I am pretty sure that is not the case. Any agency that turns down private donations/solicitations for any type of funding would be silly. This happens all the time. Maybe that is a little hard to grasp in your tiny world of North Port.

Unregistered
08-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Can't we all just get along????

Unregistered
08-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Good job Mod1

You censure my posts, in fact, you won’t even let them through, but when you read some of this stuff that has been posted recently, well makes me think you are the same negative person always posting inaccurate information on this board.

Unregistered
08-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Little Orphan Oliver Twist North Port-- Outside Publix at Coco Plum- scene 1 "mister mister excuse me sir (in English accent of little orphan boy) would you like to donate to our police department sir? We are raising money to buy us some new horseless carriages and a wuff soes our cops don't have to spend their budget quids." It's a hard knock life!

Stephanie Gibson
08-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Excuses and I didn't know are not acceptable. It is by no means a secret on how this place is run and what has happened here.He wants to be a chief then be a leader and not be told to break established protocol. Mayor VC is losing her juice and will lose her majority in this election, The chief has done nothing but better the working conditions for some while completely ignoring the citizens. His choice of the tank over the body cams is strictly on him, his BS letter to the commission on this will not be forgotten and his either being told or on his own promoting Morales will come back on him big time. He is being used as a stepping stone for Morales rise to chief. A friendly word of advise, don't unpack your bags, you wont be here long, Morales will see to that, like he did Sirianni and Pelfrey. CM is cunning and treacherous and has VC and her posse support. As soon as the dust settles, Morales will make his move. Smarten up Chief, look at the history of this place, the troops belong to Morales he has bought and paid for them with promotions etc, turn your attention to the people you serve, this is your only chance to make it here. Starting off fabricating a bs letter in support of the tank and then breaking established protocol in promoting Morales was not a very good start. Its your career, its up to you to navigate it.

I had a chance to speak with Chief Garrison last week. We talked much of what you described above and other issues as well. What I got strongly from him, on all responses, whether we agreed or disagreed.. was he is his own man. He was not blowing backside rainbows or feeding lies. He was laying himself out there. He is gonna stand up for the ranks but hold those accountable whose actions tarnish the department or profession.

A subsequent meeting with the City Manager, I also got a very clear understanding of Pete's committment to a substantive culture change and leaving Garrison to get it done as he sees fit. Aint gonna happen over night but I believe we have found #ChiefKharma

Unregistered
08-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Mrs. Gibson,
Your portrayal of the new Chief is accurate. He is a stand up man and is his own person. I have known him for many years and haven’t seen him waiver. He definitely takes the community seriously and makes choices for the betterment with service being paramount. Law Enforcement isn’t perfect by far but we continually strive for perfection. With that said the citizens have to support and back the police department for us all to win. With ideas and decisions made that may not be favorable to the public, comes a methodical and calculated process driven by real hair raising experiences. North Port is great and will be greater in the long run. Always remember this, the police are citizens of the community as well, we have the same struggles as anyone else does. Often we are called to fix problems that developed and fester for years and are expected to resolve them in thirty minutes at 2 a.m. And often there is nothing the police can do to fix these things and usually takes a weird twist and doesn’t go as planned. We as a community need to hold all of ourselves accountable from the parents of our youth to the politicians we vote in office. I know for a fact when I come into work the last thing on my mind is hurting someone. I truly believe the vast majority of us feel that way. And one of the first things on my mind is I don’t want to get hurt, but I know what I signed up for. It’s a calling and I couldn’t think of anything else I would want to do. I have known the Chief long enough that he has that same calling and will serve your city with respect, prudent judgement and integrity.

Unregistered
08-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Mrs. Gibson,
Your portrayal of the new Chief is accurate. He is a stand up man and is his own person. I have known him for many years and haven’t seen him waiver. He definitely takes the community seriously and makes choices for the betterment with service being paramount. Law Enforcement isn’t perfect by far but we continually strive for perfection. With that said the citizens have to support and back the police department for us all to win. With ideas and decisions made that may not be favorable to the public, comes a methodical and calculated process driven by real hair raising experiences. North Port is great and will be greater in the long run. Always remember this, the police are citizens of the community as well, we have the same struggles as anyone else does. Often we are called to fix problems that developed and fester for years and are expected to resolve them in thirty minutes at 2 a.m. And often there is nothing the police can do to fix these things and usually takes a weird twist and doesn’t go as planned. We as a community need to hold all of ourselves accountable from the parents of our youth to the politicians we vote in office. I know for a fact when I come into work the last thing on my mind is hurting someone. I truly believe the vast majority of us feel that way. And one of the first things on my mind is I don’t want to get hurt, but I know what I signed up for. It’s a calling and I couldn’t think of anything else I would want to do. I have known the Chief long enough that he has that same calling and will serve your city with respect, prudent judgement and integrity.

Now that officer is one of the best honest replies I have read on this site for a long time. Thank you number one for respecting stephanie. Thank you for being honest. Your response was a true example of what not only an officer should be but society in general. If you are not a leader you should be. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. To the officers that want to learn from a true leader read this post. Your complaints and childish responses are not professional and frankly frighting. Officers who are leaders do not bully they lead. Thanks again

Unregistered
08-08-2018, 12:37 AM
I had a chance to speak with Chief Garrison last week. We talked much of what you described above and other issues as well. What I got strongly from him, on all responses, whether we agreed or disagreed.. was he is his own man. He was not blowing backside rainbows or feeding lies. He was laying himself out there. He is gonna stand up for the ranks but hold those accountable whose actions tarnish the department or profession.

A subsequent meeting with the City Manager, I also got a very clear understanding of Pete's committment to a substantive culture change and leaving Garrison to get it done as he sees fit. Aint gonna happen over night but I believe we have found #ChiefKharma

When you met with Mr. Lear was Chris Morales sitting on his lap????

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 12:19 AM

A subsequent meeting with the City Manager, I also got a very clear understanding of Pete's committment to a substantive culture change and leaving Garrison to get it done as he sees fit. Aint gonna happen over night but I believe we have found #ChiefKharma I remember not to long ago you met with KV and Morales, you at first thought they were stand up guys to, until you found out otherwise, but time will tell. So lets see, its been what three weeks and we have the following, 300 grand for a 150 grand bearcat with wings, simply because we cant hide behind trees. A architect hired to create a new addition or building to enlarge the Pink Castle, and the cost will be in the millions, simply because its bursting at the seems, which is BS. Then a new substation to be built in West Villages. Is this replacing the fairly new, unused station on North Port Blvd. Here's a novel idea, use the NP blvd station maybe to ease the bursting main station. There absolutely needs to be a completion of the holding cells so prisoners can be temporarily housed instead of immediately transporting to Sarasota. Lets see, a promotion and job title change of the Deputy chief without regard to established procedure or job description( hey wait, he is working on his BS degree, ok so is KV.). Yes I almost forgot, we no longer refer to LEO's as patrolman but as Police Officers, now that's a priority item, and yes the IA inspector getting back his rank of Captain after KV administratively demoted him because he didn't talk crap about a FM officer in Public. Let us not forget the cops cop rhetoric, I've been there I've done that, ok fine, but it is your job to keep your personnel in line, not to protect them, we have had enough of the cover ups and lies. Even though it happened before you were sworn in, how about the K9 assault on the helpless drunk caught on video that was so covered up. How about reestablishing relations with the Sheriff, so we can have deputized officers who have authority outside the city limits and we can share services, like co's for our holding cells.. Lets see, Bearcat, millions on Station renovation, but yet no body cameras. Wanna spend our money, get the body cameras, now, not three years from now, show us you can be a leader and hold those Roque officers accountable, instead of promoting them. You inherited a multitude of problems when you took over that cannot be just ignored. There is no do overs or start a new here, you have to earn our respect, I do not care what you did a year or month ago, it what you are doing now and as it appears you are being just like your predecessor, spending money and spewing BS. But hey its only been three weeks......

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 01:15 AM
OMG... you are hilarious. Do you know why agencies no longer have holding cells? Have you ever looked at the requirements? Maybe read up a little

I remember not to long ago you met with KV and Morales, you at first thought they were stand up guys to, until you found out otherwise, but time will tell. So lets see, its been what three weeks and we have the following, 300 grand for a 150 grand bearcat with wings, simply because we cant hide behind trees. A architect hired to create a new addition or building to enlarge the Pink Castle, and the cost will be in the millions, simply because its bursting at the seems, which is BS. Then a new substation to be built in West Villages. Is this replacing the fairly new, unused station on North Port Blvd. Here's a novel idea, use the NP blvd station maybe to ease the bursting main station. There absolutely needs to be a completion of the holding cells so prisoners can be temporarily housed instead of immediately transporting to Sarasota. Lets see, a promotion and job title change of the Deputy chief without regard to established procedure or job description( hey wait, he is working on his BS degree, ok so is KV.). Yes I almost forgot, we no longer refer to LEO's as patrolman but as Police Officers, now that's a priority item, and yes the IA inspector getting back his rank of Captain after KV administratively demoted him because he didn't talk crap about a FM officer in Public. Let us not forget the cops cop rhetoric, I've been there I've done that, ok fine, but it is your job to keep your personnel in line, not to protect them, we have had enough of the cover ups and lies. Even though it happened before you were sworn in, how about the K9 assault on the helpless drunk caught on video that was so covered up. How about reestablishing relations with the Sheriff, so we can have deputized officers who have authority outside the city limits and we can share services, like co's for our holding cells.. Lets see, Bearcat, millions on Station renovation, but yet no body cameras. Wanna spend our money, get the body cameras, now, not three years from now, show us you can be a leader and hold those Roque officers accountable, instead of promoting them. You inherited a multitude of problems when you took over that cannot be just ignored. There is no do overs or start a new here, you have to earn our respect, I do not care what you did a year or month ago, it what you are doing now and as it appears you are being just like your predecessor, spending money and spewing BS. But hey its only been three weeks......

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 01:29 PM
OMG... you are hilarious. Do you know why agencies no longer have holding cells? Have you ever looked at the requirements? Maybe read up a little Not impossible to do,some agencies, not all and the structure is already in place, the Sheriff has to authorize and man it, similar to south county, its either that or remove a car from the city for an hour or so on every arrest, either way nothing will get done until a solid working relationship is reestablished with the sheriff.

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Not impossible to do,some agencies, not all and the structure is already in place, the Sheriff has to authorize and man it, similar to south county, its either that or remove a car from the city for an hour or so on every arrest, either way nothing will get done until a solid working relationship is reestablished with the sheriff.

Easier said than done. You are correct about needing a better relationship with the SO. I still don't think you will see cells in the NPPD. NPPD would also have to meet a lot of criteria. I am retired and live in North Port but worked in upper management with a large agency. I think you will see almost no local agency in Florida has true holding cells. Be better off if the Sheriff offered a transport van like is done in other counties around the state.

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Easier said than done. You are correct about needing a better relationship with the SO. I still don't think you will see cells in the NPPD. NPPD would also have to meet a lot of criteria. I am retired and live in North Port but worked in upper management with a large agency. I think you will see almost no local agency in Florida has true holding cells. Be better off if the Sheriff offered a transport van like is done in other counties around the state. You are right, but some type of temporary detention cells would be needed unless the PD purchased there own transport van, but the gest of this post appears to be priorities set by the new chief, spending money the city does not have and not concentrating on the issues that got him the job in the first place. Which include, but are certainly not limited to accountability, ethical behavior, good old boys ruling the roost. A good chief would stand up acknowledge the disasters of the past and make this department whole again, he has not. Instead he has swept the past under the rug, ignoring the problem officers and trying to side step the issues by his cops cop rhetoric and spending of our tax dollars. Hey Chief if you want to be a cops cop and one of the boys then demote yourself to patrolman, oops police officer, if you want to be a leader, acknowledge the problems of the past, move to open an IA on the K9 and KB who thumped the drunk on video and on the command staff who ignored this and swept it under the rug. Then maybe you will have credibility with us. Otherwise your just another over paid KV clone. Its your choice, be a leader or be a follower...…..

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 07:24 PM
You are right, but some type of temporary detention cells would be needed unless the PD purchased there own transport van, but the gest of this post appears to be priorities set by the new chief, spending money the city does not have and not concentrating on the issues that got him the job in the first place. Which include, but are certainly not limited to accountability, ethical behavior, good old boys ruling the roost. A good chief would stand up acknowledge the disasters of the past and make this department whole again, he has not. Instead he has swept the past under the rug, ignoring the problem officers and trying to side step the issues by his cops cop rhetoric and spending of our tax dollars. Hey Chief if you want to be a cops cop and one of the boys then demote yourself to patrolman, oops police officer, if you want to be a leader, acknowledge the problems of the past, move to open an IA on the K9 and KB who thumped the drunk on video and on the command staff who ignored this and swept it under the rug. Then maybe you will have credibility with us. Otherwise your just another over paid KV clone. Its your choice, be a leader or be a follower...…..

Again, to many requirement on the agency for holding cells even if considered temporary. it is not as easy straight forward as building. Staffing would then need to meet certain requirements including CO's and not PO's.

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Mrs. Gibson,

OK I assume this is the new chief speaking. I have one question and I will leave you alone forever. If you answer it in public I will never utter a negative word about you. Give me one solid and good reason you made Morales AC? You know he did not meet the criteria yet you did it anyway. Why? No bullshit excuse the God's honest truth. I just can't seem to figure it out. You were supposed to come here and change things yet you just sat in the chair and kept the shit machine turning. Super job so far. What's next bring back KV as a Commander?

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 11:42 PM
OK I assume this is the new chief speaking. I have one question and I will leave you alone forever. If you answer it in public I will never utter a negative word about you. Give me one solid and good reason you made Morales AC? You know he did not meet the criteria yet you did it anyway. Why? No bullshit excuse the God's honest truth. I just can't seem to figure it out. You were supposed to come here and change things yet you just sat in the chair and kept the shit machine turning. Super job so far. What's next bring back KV as a Commander?
You probably should call the chief and ask him if you are so concerned. His contact information was posted in the paper.

Unregistered
08-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Why don't you do us all a favor and leave this site!

Unregistered
08-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Why don't you do us all a favor and leave this site!

Why don't you just answer the question? Why the hell would I call the Chief? I just asked him in this very public forum and just like the old admin he refuses to give an answer as to why Morales has been given the AC position. Too scared to tell the truth VC and Lear made him do it. Same old shit! This guy won't make any great changes. He seems nice but he is not about making this place different and moving forward. This is a sinking turd get out while you can.

Unregistered
08-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Why don't you just answer the question? Why the hell would I call the Chief? I just asked him in this very public forum and just like the old admin he refuses to give an answer as to why Morales has been given the AC position. Too scared to tell the truth VC and Lear made him do it. Same old shit! This guy won't make any great changes. He seems nice but he is not about making this place different and moving forward. This is a sinking turd get out while you can.

Why in the world do you even think the new chief is on here? Second, why would he be on here? Third, Why would any current administrator choose this forum to post information?

Stephanie Gibson
08-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Why not Admin participation in a group that are vested in NPPD in one way or the other? I asked the last admin to do so. They laughed at me remember, so I ended up having to go to FB to air out the dirty laundry. Somewhere way down my ***** list was why the PIO wouldnt address this forum like he does in FB or other social medias.. This forum could work for Admin members to contribute to discussions, listen to the chatter, to quash the BS and maybe dig a little internally on valid issues. It provides insight into the issues within the department in a safe environment. It also provides citizens a place to reach out without identifying themselves if they dont want to. When a rumor is posted, Admin can nip it in the bud before it swells up out of control. It could foster healthy dialogs. I know we have the assy variety that we would all like to drop kick but they can be ignored just like they do on FB, Tweeter and others.

Maybe it is as simple as the young officers that were asking Chief candidates on the show or no show Tattoo policy. Ask to have a conversation or request a policy review. The Admin could address the why the policy must remain or discuss the possibility of changing the current policy. Cant hurt to ask can it?

As for those who show their ass and get too hateful.. Maybe we just breeze past em and ignore feeding thm attention. I know there are plenty of reasons not to hav Admin interacting with anonymous officers and citizens.. I also know if we could all try to keep respectful, we could help the new Chief and his Admin start turning things around.

Imagine a forum where we could get answers, follow some of the bigger projects going on.. oh wait

PINCH..

Sorry got carried away... it would be nice but I aint holding my breath.

I still think we should all try to provide the new Chief more time and leeway to get his arms around the department. Maybe with a solid leader providing guidance and redirection, the Dep Chief will excel. If Chris doesnt cut it in the role, he can always go back down until he is better prepared. Its the way it works in the real world anyways.

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 02:53 AM
Why not Admin participation in a group that are vested in NPPD in one way or the other? I asked the last admin to do so. They laughed at me remember, so I ended up having to go to FB to air out the dirty laundry. Somewhere way down my ***** list was why the PIO wouldnt address this forum like he does in FB or other social medias.. This forum could work for Admin members to contribute to discussions, listen to the chatter, to quash the BS and maybe dig a little internally on valid issues. It provides insight into the issues within the department in a safe environment. It also provides citizens a place to reach out without identifying themselves if they dont want to. When a rumor is posted, Admin can nip it in the bud before it swells up out of control. It could foster healthy dialogs. I know we have the assy variety that we would all like to drop kick but they can be ignored just like they do on FB, Tweeter and others.

Maybe it is as simple as the young officers that were asking Chief candidates on the show or no show Tattoo policy. Ask to have a conversation or request a policy review. The Admin could address the why the policy must remain or discuss the possibility of changing the current policy. Cant hurt to ask can it?

As for those who show their ass and get too hateful.. Maybe we just breeze past em and ignore feeding thm attention. I know there are plenty of reasons not to hav Admin interacting with anonymous officers and citizens.. I also know if we could all try to keep respectful, we could help the new Chief and his Admin start turning things around.

Imagine a forum where we could get answers, follow some of the bigger projects going on.. oh wait

PINCH..

Sorry got carried away... it would be nice but I aint holding my breath.

I still think we should all try to provide the new Chief more time and leeway to get his arms around the department. Maybe with a solid leader providing guidance and redirection, the Dep Chief will excel. If Chris doesnt cut it in the role, he can always go back down until he is better prepared. Its the way it works in the real world anyways. They read the posts, they will never admit to it, but they do, I've heard KV,MP and CM rant, scream and throw tantrums over LEO affairs. Lets be honest about the new chief. He was not the pick of the litter here. I have heard many of taxpayers who spoke to both sets of candidates and all choose him dead last. He is side stepping the issues and creating new issues like a bigger station, Koval's title change and the Police Officer title thing, states its traditional, and he would know that how, he has been a deputy his whole career, not a city cop and yes there is a big difference, but, that's neither here or there. I saw pictures of Morales promotion, found the stance and demeanor of the Sheriff and Major quite intriguing, is it me or did they look like wtf are we doing here. Maybe someone should take a clue and repair the relationship there. Garrison is doing Morales bidding. Morales is in charge. Lear is garrisons boss, VC is Lear's boss. Until such time VC loses her majority vote, she rules the roost. If Luke's loses, there goes her power. If VC has her way Morales will be the new chief, he has effectively pushed aside KV and MP and he will push aside Garrison. He is a political hack and Chief Karma will never make any changes without Morales say so. This is why Chief Karma was handpicked and the other more qualified actual leaders were passed over. He is a short term chief, they dangled the so called carrot in front of and a person who can be controlled.

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Wow! What a rant. How many pet unicorns do you own? What a conspiracy theory. Get out your tin foil hat. I have never heard so much filth and garbage spoken. You have no idea of what your talking about. I want to know what the rent is in your world cause I would really love to live there. The in fighting must stop. Get over it, your *****ing is so evident of who you are. If you don’t like it then go else where. Your not going to undermine anything or this new chief. Do us a favor and pick another topic of what we can to better for the city. Difference between city cop or deputy. The chief has more experience in the sock lint stuck in his big toe then you will ever have. You have no idea of what you speak. Who gives a shit what we’re called. Police Officer, patrolman, cop, po-po. It doesn’t matter, we are employed. Who cares about Koval’s title change, does it change what’s on your table for dinner? Really, all I hear is whining. Nothing about making anything better. You must have forgotten why we are here. Grow up buttercup.

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 10:45 AM
They read the posts, they will never admit to it, but they do, I've heard KV,MP and CM rant, scream and throw tantrums over LEO affairs. Lets be honest about the new chief. He was not the pick of the litter here. I have heard many of taxpayers who spoke to both sets of candidates and all choose him dead last. He is side stepping the issues and creating new issues like a bigger station, Koval's title change and the Police Officer title thing, states its traditional, and he would know that how, he has been a deputy his whole career, not a city cop and yes there is a big difference, but, that's neither here or there. I saw pictures of Morales promotion, found the stance and demeanor of the Sheriff and Major quite intriguing, is it me or did they look like wtf are we doing here. Maybe someone should take a clue and repair the relationship there. Garrison is doing Morales bidding. Morales is in charge. Lear is garrisons boss, VC is Lear's boss. Until such time VC loses her majority vote, she rules the roost. If Luke's loses, there goes her power. If VC has her way Morales will be the new chief, he has effectively pushed aside KV and MP and he will push aside Garrison. He is a political hack and Chief Karma will never make any changes without Morales say so. This is why Chief Karma was handpicked and the other more qualified actual leaders were passed over. He is a short term chief, they dangled the so called carrot in front of and a person who can be controlled.

Well you obviously didn't bother to look at his resume or even talk to the man. He was a city cop before he was ever a deputy. Why does that matter anyways. Cops are cops. We build this deputy vs cop thing for no real reason. It is time we grow up.

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Wow! What a rant. How many pet unicorns do you own? What a conspiracy theory. Get out your tin foil hat. I have never heard so much filth and garbage spoken. You have no idea of what your talking about. I want to know what the rent is in your world cause I would really love to live there. The in fighting must stop. Get over it, your *****ing is so evident of who you are. If you don’t like it then go else where. Your not going to undermine anything or this new chief. Do us a favor and pick another topic of what we can to better for the city. Difference between city cop or deputy. The chief has more experience in the sock lint stuck in his big toe then you will ever have. You have no idea of what you speak. Who gives a shit what we’re called. Police Officer, patrolman, cop, po-po. It doesn’t matter, we are employed. Who cares about Koval’s title change, does it change what’s on your table for dinner? Really, all I hear is whining. Nothing about making anything better. You must have forgotten why we are here. Grow up buttercup.one of our wanna be warriors touting his GED, its reality whether you like it or not. The political system which by the way runs this department is rigged in CM favor. Chief karma is short term as long as CM mentor VC is in power, simple facts. So keep on sucking up buttercup or butterball, hey there is no process for promotion anymore, the only qualification you need is chapstick…..by a case or two you to can be a sergeant, commander, captain.... Its the real world like it or not....

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Like I said the new Chief will never answer to the very people that he serving and to his men and women about why he promoted a man that for so long helped run this agency into the ground. Same shit different day. The other guy was correct leave while you can. There are agencies begging for people right now. This guy won't change one thing that really matters. The reason the the people from the SSO looked so puzzled is because they were wondering wtf this guy was being promoted. Just as the rest of us are wondering. COME ON CHIEF JUST TELL US WHY. ONE GOOD REASON! ONE! JUST ONE!

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Like I said the new Chief will never answer to the very people that he serving and to his men and women about why he promoted a man that for so long helped run this agency into the ground. Same shit different day. The other guy was correct leave while you can. There are agencies begging for people right now. This guy won't change one thing that really matters. The reason the the people from the SSO looked so puzzled is because they were wondering wtf this guy was being promoted. Just as the rest of us are wondering. COME ON CHIEF JUST TELL US WHY. ONE GOOD REASON! ONE! JUST ONE!Vanessa C told Lear and Lear told Garrison, it is really just that simple.

Unregistered
08-12-2018, 03:13 PM
What happened to chief karma? Sure didn't take long for stephanie and her non leo minions to start crap about our new chief.

Unregistered
08-12-2018, 04:24 PM
What happened to chief karma? Sure didn't take long for stephanie and her non leo minions to start crap about our new chief.it is what it is , we all had high hopes for him and they are slowly diminishing, this is what happens when your a political hack

Stephanie Gibson
08-12-2018, 06:17 PM
What happened to chief karma? Sure didn't take long for stephanie and her non leo minions to start crap about our new chief.

Do you know how to read? I have had nothing but positive to say about Chief Kharma. So if you have seen something otherwise, please point me to it. I did ask our new Chief directly about the CM promotion and got a thorough and straight up answer.

Unregistered
08-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Soooo many CM haters here and not one of you ever worked with or for him. What you don't know or have conveniently forgotten here is that under the terror reign of KV, you either played ball his way or looked for another job. Let's see....there was Captains Liermann, Uebelacher, Sirianni, and Asst Chief Pelfrey that all left or were terminated under KV. All were golden children at one point, but disagreed with the self proclaimed almighty one and were gone that fast. So CM gets promoted and survived past the end. When he was acting chief he fought to get us raises and make changes to better things here. He made the pink castle more comfortable to visit instead of avoid. You haters tie him to KV and think that's what he is as a leader and you are so wrong. He was a survivor under KV and looks out for the department and us now without interference.

Unregistered
08-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Soooo many CM haters here and not one of you ever worked with or for him. What you don't know or have conveniently forgotten here is that under the terror reign of KV, you either played ball his way or looked for another job. Let's see....there was Captains Liermann, Uebelacher, Sirianni, and Asst Chief Pelfrey that all left or were terminated under KV. All were golden children at one point, but disagreed with the self proclaimed almighty one and were gone that fast. So CM gets promoted and survived past the end. When he was acting chief he fought to get us raises and make changes to better things here. He made the pink castle more comfortable to visit instead of avoid. You haters tie him to KV and think that's what he is as a leader and you are so wrong. He was a survivor under KV and looks out for the department and us now without interference.

I follow this board since I retired to North Port. I also served in upper management for a very large law enforcement agency. This poster is spot on. Many supervisors will follow along with an agency head as they have to in order of surviving. What you hope they learned along the way is what not to do when given the chance. It sounds like that might be the case here. I also here some bashing your new chief. The guy has been on he job maybe a month? A good leader that is new to an agency does not make huge and fast decision in a months time. A good leader will take the time to observe the culture, what works and what doesn't work. You all need to give this man the time to make the observations and then put into place the changes that are needed. Give him time and support. You might be pleasantly surprised with the results.

Unregistered
08-13-2018, 04:40 PM

You are smoking from the evidence locker. CM was BFF with KV and still is. My gawd make me puke! he had a hand in firing everyone of those people you listed. I would see them out at dinner not lunch dinner together. You have lost your mind. The only reason he is here is because he plotted and planned with KV the entire time. WTF! DO NOT EVEN GO THERE! "SURVIVOR?????" FO!

Unregistered
08-13-2018, 04:49 PM
I follow this board since I retired to North Port. I also served in upper management for a very large law enforcement agency. This poster is spot on. Many supervisors will follow along with an agency head as they have to in order of surviving. What you hope they learned along the way is what not to do when given the chance. It sounds like that might be the case here. I also here some bashing your new chief. The guy has been on he job maybe a month? A good leader that is new to an agency does not make huge and fast decision in a months time. A good leader will take the time to observe the culture, what works and what doesn't work. You all need to give this man the time to make the observations and then put into place the changes that are needed. Give him time and support. You might be pleasantly surprised with the results. A good leader does not spend the taxpayers monies friviously in his first three weeks, I point out as just one example, he hired an architect to enlarge the pink castle, which by the way is one of the nicest station in sw fl, and that's just one of many.You have absolutely zero knowledge of what transpires here, unless you work here, so keep your retirement stories to yourself and you well a good leader speech to yourself and get to know the facts before you spout your well in my department crap, this is a whole different world and will run amuck if not kept in the spotlight.

Unregistered
08-14-2018, 12:40 AM
You are smoking from the evidence locker. CM was BFF with KV and still is. My gawd make me puke! he had a hand in firing everyone of those people you listed. I would see them out at dinner not lunch dinner together. You have lost your mind. The only reason he is here is because he plotted and planned with KV the entire time. WTF! DO NOT EVEN GO THERE! "SURVIVOR?????" FO!

So what if they are BFFs or were. KV is gone. What is evident was what CM brought to us in the 4 months he was interim Chief. He fought for what was right, what was needed and most importantly he listens to us. Seeing the new Chief and him together is an obvious change in this department for the better. I think we are very lucky to have the Chief and CM upstairs. Good things are coming.

Unregistered
08-14-2018, 02:36 AM
So what if they are BFFs or were. KV is gone. What is evident was what CM brought to us in the 4 months he was interim Chief. He fought for what was right, what was needed and most importantly he listens to us. Seeing the new Chief and him together is an obvious change in this department for the better. I think we are very lucky to have the Chief and CM upstairs. Good things are coming. He NEVER fought for anyone other than himself, how many years did we go without raises, yet admin got theirs, smoochy smoochy will get you everywhere here, but be very careful, he turns like a rattler......

Unregistered
08-14-2018, 05:13 PM
A good leader does not spend the taxpayers monies friviously in his first three weeks, I point out as just one example, he hired an architect to enlarge the pink castle, which by the way is one of the nicest station in sw fl, and that's just one of many.You have absolutely zero knowledge of what transpires here, unless you work here, so keep your retirement stories to yourself and you well a good leader speech to yourself and get to know the facts before you spout your well in my department crap, this is a whole different world and will run amuck if not kept in the spotlight.
He didnt hire the architect. If you know city government you would know that was approved a long time ago by the commission. Why dont you educate yourself before you run your mouth.

Unregistered
08-14-2018, 10:47 PM
He didnt hire the architect. If you know city government you would know that was approved a long time ago by the commission. Why dont you educate yourself before you run your mouth. read the sun, if you know anything about reading newspapers..... He stated he hired and architect or did they make that up to.

Unregistered
08-15-2018, 12:51 AM
read the sun, if you know anything about reading newspapers..... He stated he hired and architect or did they make that up to.

That's your first problem. You read the news paper.

Unregistered
08-15-2018, 01:13 PM
read the sun, if you know anything about reading newspapers..... He stated he hired and architect or did they make that up to.

God knows a newspaper has never been wrong. The Chief didn't hire the architect.

Unregistered
08-15-2018, 04:31 PM
God knows a newspaper has never been wrong. The Chief didn't hire the architect.

actually he did, so what's the big deal if he did, he can pay out of his discretionary funds in his budget and get the plans for a massive new castle, he ONLY has to go in front of the commissioners when he has such plans for there approval. If you actually gradeated from a real high school you would have learned to actually read a newspaper, I am sure they mis quoted him over this, he said it, he owns it....

Unregistered
08-15-2018, 05:19 PM
actually he did, so what's the big deal if he did, he can pay out of his discretionary funds in his budget and get the plans for a massive new castle, he ONLY has to go in front of the commissioners when he has such plans for there approval. If you actually gradeated from a real high school you would have learned to actually read a newspaper, I am sure they mis quoted him over this, he said it, he owns it....

You are such a negative person. I got one am tired of you dumping your negativity on the board, especially while we are trying to recover from everything that has happened to our PD under the previous chief. Enough of your espousing your jilted view on EVERYTHING. Time for all of us to move forward.

Stephanie Gibson
08-15-2018, 09:23 PM
During the budget talks, it was discussed that the department is in need of expansion. They agreed for the dept to seek out their options. So rather than cops trying to design it, they are hiring an architect to come up with a plan that will address the space issues. Once they get it back, then it will go back to the Dais for the dollars to execute.

I cant recall the entire discussion but know many of the concerns centered around evidence keeping. One point they discussed was about the cars we have to keep for 100 years. One Morales option was the ability to "stack" these cars in some new fangled garage design.

Get what yall need but please, please, pleeeasssee lets lose the Pink color.

Unregistered
08-15-2018, 09:55 PM
You are such a negative person. I got one am tired of you dumping your negativity on the board, especially while we are trying to recover from everything that has happened to our PD under the previous chief. Enough of your espousing your jilted view on EVERYTHING. Time for all of us to move forward. you can cure this by simply not viewing this post, we didn't get to where we are today from being positive about everything, so if the truth hurts you or bothers you then just do what they want you to do ignore it, its what we did during the last admin and that is why we are where we are now, if the truth hurts, so be it, its call accountability.

Unregistered
08-16-2018, 02:40 AM
you can cure this by simply not viewing this post, we didn't get to where we are today from being positive about everything, so if the truth hurts you or bothers you then just do what they want you to do ignore it, its what we did during the last admin and that is why we are where we are now, if the truth hurts, so be it, its call accountability.

It's wonderful how you answer someone that calls you out with stop looking at your posts. You have tell tale writing that is, as the previous writer stated, always negative. I for one recognize all your negative posting by the words you use. Please don't pat yourself on the back by trying to make us all believe that your negativity has made the changes at the department, because it hasn't. If anyone deserves credit for changes with us, it's Stephanie. She does her homework and tells it as it is after. You do nothing but spew here from your soap box. So take your own advice and stop viewing our posts.

Unregistered
08-16-2018, 11:49 AM

I have a Bachelors Degree. You on the other hand can't even spell graduated correctly. Really, "gradeated." LOL What I meant was he did hire this architect with higher authority. This was put in motion before he was ever chief. He simply followed through with what had already been approved by the City Manager.

Unregistered
08-16-2018, 09:39 PM
I have a Bachelors Degree. You on the other hand can't even spell graduated correctly. Really, "gradeated." LOL What I meant was he did hire this architect with higher authority. This was put in motion before he was ever chief. He simply followed through with what had already been approved by the City Manager. I hate to burst your bubble, but it was intentionally misspelled, gradeated you know just in case you are one of our GED warriors. There is more than enough room to expand the evidence locker and we certainly don't need a garage, in that all the cars are either out on the road or taken home. Of course if Morales decides to fire 20 officers and hide behind Garrison as he did KV,then, in the back lot under the trees the cars go . The cars will be replaced as needed, so a garage is a complete waste of the tazpayers monies. ( ok taxpayers, geez your so smart)

Unregistered
08-16-2018, 09:42 PM
It's wonderful how you answer someone that calls you out with stop looking at your posts. You have tell tale writing that is, as the previous writer stated, always negative. I for one recognize all your negative posting by the words you use. Please don't pat yourself on the back by trying to make us all believe that your negativity has made the changes at the department, because it hasn't. If anyone deserves credit for changes with us, it's Stephanie. She does her homework and tells it as it is after. You do nothing but spew here from your soap box. So take your own advice and stop viewing our posts. I never took credit for anything and never would, don't like the truth, don't view the posts it really just that simple...….

Stephanie Gibson
08-16-2018, 11:14 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but it was intentionally misspelled, gradeated you know just in case you are one of our GED warriors. There is more than enough room to expand the evidence locker and we certainly don't need a garage, in that all the cars are either out on the road or taken home. Of course if Morales decides to fire 20 officers and hide behind Garrison as he did KV,then, in the back lot under the trees the cars go . The cars will be replaced as needed, so a garage is a complete waste of the tazpayers monies. ( ok taxpayers, geez your so smart)

For clarity, I think the stack parking was not for your cars, but for certain cars taken into custody for evidence. Chris explained the PD is responsible for holding those vehicles for a 100 years. Interesting factoid. I never thought about where all the evidence was kept and never dreamt we would have to keep so long.

Unregistered
08-17-2018, 03:47 AM
For clarity, I think the stack parking was not for your cars, but for certain cars taken into custody for evidence. Chris explained the PD is responsible for holding those vehicles for a 100 years. Interesting factoid. I never thought about where all the evidence was kept and never dreamt we would have to keep so long.

they have been kept in the back lot, secured, some covered, maybe and that's maybe four cars most at one time and they do not remain there 100 yrs, that's pure exaggeration, 6 months maybe until case clears, just another one of Morales I want this ideas !!!!!!!!

Unregistered
08-17-2018, 08:59 AM
they have been kept in the back lot, secured, some covered, maybe and that's maybe four cars most at one time and they do not remain there 100 yrs, that's pure exaggeration, 6 months maybe until case clears, just another one of Morales I want this ideas !!!!!!!!

If you are only holding cars for six months than you are probably violating evidence retention laws. First, Morales is correct in that all homicide evidence must be held for 100 years. Granted, there is exceptions but it must be held for a long time. Second, other cases have minimum retention periods as well. That doesn't even include appeals on major cases. Do some homework and you will find he is correct. So, I really hope you are not getting rid of cars after six months.

Unregistered
08-17-2018, 11:36 AM

Just another example of you having no clue about what you are talking about.

Stephanie Gibson
08-21-2018, 05:25 PM
We kinda went off on a side track or 12... not sure if I ever heard if we ever filled the Commander open position? If so, was it an internal or external applicant? If internal, who do we congratulate?

Unregistered
08-25-2018, 12:42 PM
We kinda went off on a side track or 12... not sure if I ever heard if we ever filled the Commander open position? If so, was it an internal or external applicant? If internal, who do we congratulate?

We were told the chief froze the process to evaluate what the departments needs where.

Stephanie Gibson
08-25-2018, 10:56 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Thank you for the update.

Unregistered
08-27-2018, 01:23 AM

Yes it does! Gives the new chief a chance to look at all facets of the agency and where the needs/gaps are and what took look for in future hires.

Unregistered
12-07-2018, 12:54 AM

Joe Fussel. That was a brilliant campaign. You are as subtle as an IED.

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Joe Fussel. That was a brilliant campaign. You are as subtle as an IED.

Hey leave Joe alone, he had to put together a lot of fundraisers and photo ops to get his promotion.

Unregistered
12-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Or maybe he feels bad for you, spending so much time and energy focusing on him. All the negativity doesnt make you clever, take it from someone who falls into that trap-it will be eating you up