PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the new chief?

Unregistered
05-04-2018, 06:47 PM
What is happening with the new chief?

Stephanie Gibson
05-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Funny you should ask.. i just sent an email to Josh asking him to provide an update where we are. I believ the application receipt window is closed. I hope we are also starting with the Asst Chief search as well.. i didnt ask. I suspect they will lt the new Chief hire his own 2nd man.

Unregistered
05-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Lets us know what you find out pls

Funny you should ask.. i just sent an email to Josh asking him to provide an update where we are. I believ the application receipt window is closed. I hope we are also starting with the Asst Chief search as well.. i didnt ask. I suspect they will lt the new Chief hire his own 2nd man.

Unregistered
05-05-2018, 06:48 PM

It would make more sense for the new chief to hire his own number 2. Usually works that way.

Unregistered
05-05-2018, 09:01 PM
This is a joke. They will hire a patsy or a short timer. CM will run this place into the ground. We missed our chance at a good chief.

Unregistered
05-06-2018, 12:53 AM
This is a joke. They will hire a patsy or a short timer. CM will run this place into the ground. We missed our chance at a good chief.

We missed our chance of a good Chief? Are you serious? You obviously have no clue. One of the candidates from the first search was fired if that says anything. Although we all know CM didnt put it for the job, hes actually doing a really good job. I know I speak for many of us here at the PD. We're just hoping and praying we get a good Chief.

Unregistered
05-06-2018, 12:56 AM

Same joker on all the other threads too. Get a hobby buddy.

Unregistered
05-07-2018, 01:18 AM
We missed our chance of a good Chief? Are you serious? You obviously have no clue. One of the candidates from the first search was fired if that says anything. Although we all know CM didnt put it for the job, hes actually doing a really good job. I know I speak for many of us here at the PD. We're just hoping and praying we get a good Chief.

Yeah? Keep praying!!!!!

Unregistered
05-07-2018, 03:01 AM

Thanks for stopping by the thread to tell us how good the Interim Chief is doing Mrs. Morales. Now run along.

Stephanie Gibson
05-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 2:41:44 PM
To: Stephanie Gibson
Subject: RE: Provide Update on Police Chief process
Ms. Gibson,
*** I spoke with the City Manager and here is what I took from the conversation: *
1.*********** Confirmation that the applicant receiving period has ended.* Yes
2.*********** How many applications did we receive? 87
3.*********** How many were qualified for the initial requirements evaluation? That is still currently being evaluated.
4.*********** Do we have a target date for narrowing the group down? After the evaluation process is done, roughly 20-24 applicants will be asked some additional questions. It will take a little time for those answers to come back. Mr. Lear suspects between 4- 6 candidates will be interviewed around mid-June if everything goes as planned. Nothing is set in stone.
Josh

Unregistered
05-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Thank you Stephanie for keeping us informed. We really want our new leader in place soon!

Ms. Gibson,
*** I spoke with the City Manager and here is what I took from the conversation: *
3.*********** How many were qualified for the initial requirements evaluation? That is still currently being evaluated.
4.*********** Do we have a target date for narrowing the group down? After the evaluation process is done, roughly 20-24 applicants will be asked some additional questions. It will take a little time for those answers to come back. Mr. Lear suspects between 4- 6 candidates will be interviewed around mid-June if everything goes as planned. Nothing is set in stone.
Josh

Unregistered
05-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Thank you Stephanie for keeping us informed. We really want our new leader in place soon!!

Ms. Gibson,
Josh

Unregistered
05-23-2018, 01:38 PM
Thank you Stephanie for keeping us informed. We really want our new leader in place soon!! Stephanie do you know who the candidates are?

Stephanie Gibson
05-23-2018, 05:40 PM
they priced me out of collecting the whole set.. HR costs 3.25 hours to produced redacted set of the last finalist set of 6.. 87 resume redactions would have their heads spinning for 2 weeks. So im going to wait until they narrow.to the 6 or 8 set.

I have a meeting with City Mgr next week on something else but will ask.for an update. As soon as the set is selected, I will also get the resumes and share with yall.

Unregistered
05-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Will he allow some citizen input on the selection of the new Chief? Can we pick 5 people from the City and have them weigh in on the selection process? I think that is only fair and would be a great dog and pony show for the City Manager to prove he is on board with selecting the right man or woman.

Unregistered
05-23-2018, 06:50 PM
Will he allow some citizen input on the selection of the new Chief? Can we pick 5 people from the City and have them weigh in on the selection process? I think that is only fair and would be a great dog and pony show for the City Manager to prove he is on board with selecting the right man or woman.

No offense but really? Let's pick five people from the city. When was the last time you Tampa PD or St Pete PD go ask citizens who may know nothing of the operations of a large law enforcement agency or what qualifications are needed or even what they are looking for. That would be like Coca Cola asking random citizens for their help selecting the new CEO. Most large city governments, the city manager or Mayor make the selection without much assistance if any at all from anyone else.

Stephanie Gibson
05-23-2018, 11:55 PM
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:13 AM
Subject: FW: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Thought you’d like to know. Sorry I didn’t send it last night, I was in a meeting.

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:45 PM
To: Amber Slayton <aslayton@cityofnorthport.com>; Vanessa Carusone <vcarusone@cityofnorthport.com>; Debbie McDowell <dmcdowell@cityofnorthport.com>; Linda Yates <lyates@cityofnorthport.com>; Christopher Hanks <chanks@cityofnorthport.com>; Peter Lear <plear@cityofnorthport.com>; Cari Branco <cbranco@cityofnorthport.com>; Jill luke <jluke@cityofnorthport.com>
Subject: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet
Scheduled: Monday, Jun 11, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Invitees: Amber Slayton*, Vanessa Carusone*, Debbie McDowell*, Linda Yates*, Christopher Hanks*, Peter Lear*, Cari Branco*, Jill luke

Sent from my iPad
E-mail messages sent or received by City of North Port officials and employees in connection with official City business are public records subject to disclosure under the Florida Public Records Act.

Unregistered
05-24-2018, 12:54 AM
Does this mean they narrowed there search down to four?

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:13 AM
Subject: FW: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Thought you’d like to know. Sorry I didn’t send it last night, I was in a meeting.

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:45 PM
To: Amber Slayton <aslayton@cityofnorthport.com>; Vanessa Carusone <vcarusone@cityofnorthport.com>; Debbie McDowell <dmcdowell@cityofnorthport.com>; Linda Yates <lyates@cityofnorthport.com>; Christopher Hanks <chanks@cityofnorthport.com>; Peter Lear <plear@cityofnorthport.com>; Cari Branco <cbranco@cityofnorthport.com>; Jill luke <jluke@cityofnorthport.com>
Subject: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet
Scheduled: Monday, Jun 11, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Invitees: Amber Slayton*, Vanessa Carusone*, Debbie McDowell*, Linda Yates*, Christopher Hanks*, Peter Lear*, Cari Branco*, Jill luke

Sent from my iPad
E-mail messages sent or received by City of North Port officials and employees in connection with official City business are public records subject to disclosure under the Florida Public Records Act.

Stephanie Gibson
05-24-2018, 01:08 AM
Actually I thought i heard 5 from somewhere but i just went to check and cant seem to see anything. They have narrowed the group to some small subset... and then some number of them will be brought to the Meet n Greet.

Bring on Chief Kharma!

Unregistered
05-24-2018, 01:29 AM
Thank you Stephanie for keeping on top of this important issue.

Actually I thought i heard 5 from somewhere but i just went to check and cant seem to see anything. They have narrowed the group to some small subset... and then some number of them will be brought to the Meet n Greet.

Bring on Chief Kharma!

Unregistered
05-24-2018, 01:49 PM
No offense but really? Let's pick five people from the city. When was the last time you Tampa PD or St Pete PD go ask citizens who may know nothing of the operations of a large law enforcement agency or what qualifications are needed or even what they are looking for. That would be like Coca Cola asking random citizens for their help selecting the new CEO. Most large city governments, the city manager or Mayor make the selection without much assistance if any at all from anyone else.

No offense but you really should read a newspaper or these things called books. Both of those agencies you mentioned have citizen review boards not mention hundreds of other police department nation wide. You should get out of North Port more often.

http://www.stpete.org/boards_and_committees/civilian_police_review_committee/

https://www.tampagov.net/city-clerk/citizens-review-board

Unregistered
05-25-2018, 01:57 AM
No offense but you really should read a newspaper or these things called books. Both of those agencies you mentioned have citizen review boards not mention hundreds of other police department nation wide. You should get out of North Port more often.

http://www.stpete.org/boards_and_committees/civilian_police_review_committee/

https://www.tampagov.net/city-clerk/citizens-review-board

You should really call them and ask them if those review boards played a role in selecting their current chiefs. The answer is no moron. Both Cities mayors made the decision and didn't even consult the city council of either city. Learn what you are talking about before you post. You obviously have no clue.

Stephanie Gibson
05-25-2018, 04:26 AM
I have requested the Chief applicants but apparently there is a new exemption that allows records to be shaded until they are ready to share.

I dont think the PRR law allows for delay until it suits the PR timelines? Further, if we have an applicant that is applying for a Chief of Police job and failed to inform his employer.. well Sorry, it is a public position in the Sunshine State. If I had the $$$, I could have had ALL the applications that were received.

Maybe there is a new "release when convenient" exemption added by the legislature and I missed. I miss a lot so could be. I requested the citation and explanation statements
from the City Clerk

Crickets.

The decision has been made. Release the damn applications City Hall..

================================================== =========
Thank you Josh.

Patsy can you please send me the FSS exemption and explanation statement.

Sent from Mail (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

file:///C:/Users/tezze/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.png
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:12:09 PM
Cc: Commissioners; Peter Lear; Patsy Adkins
Subject: Re: Public Record Policy

MsGibson, it’s my understanding that HR is still working through the professionalprocess of letting the candidates themselves know. We certainly do not wantthem and possibly their current employers to find out through anyone else. Idon’t know a single name of one of candidates. We will get together and figureout a release plan for sure. The last time a third party entity conducted theprocess and handled the information so hopefully it’s a little lesscumbersome.

Josh
Sentfrom my iPhone

Unregistered
05-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Stephanie did they send you the explanation statement?

I have requested the Chief applicants but apparently there is a new exemption that allows records to be shaded until they are ready to share.

I dont think the PRR law allows for delay until it suits the PR timelines? Further, if we have an applicant that is applying for a Chief of Police job and failed to inform his employer.. well Sorry, it is a public position in the Sunshine State. If I had the $$$, I could have had ALL the applications that were received.

Maybe there is a new "release when convenient" exemption added by the legislature and I missed. I miss a lot so could be. I requested the citation and explanation statements
from the City Clerk

Crickets.

The decision has been made. Release the damn applications City Hall..

================================================== =========
Thank you Josh.

Patsy can you please send me the FSS exemption and explanation statement.

file:///C:/Users/tezze/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.png
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:12:09 PM
Cc: Commissioners; Peter Lear; Patsy Adkins
Subject: Re: Public Record Policy

MsGibson, it’s my understanding that HR is still working through the professionalprocess of letting the candidates themselves know. We certainly do not wantthem and possibly their current employers to find out through anyone else. Idon’t know a single name of one of candidates. We will get together and figureout a release plan for sure. The last time a third party entity conducted theprocess and handled the information so hopefully it’s a little lesscumbersome.

Josh
Sentfrom my iPhone

Stephanie Gibson
05-25-2018, 11:09 PM
No they are clearly not happy with me this week. Screwing around with my PRRs may be momentarily frustrating for me.. in the end, they had statutory obligations that they can and will be held accountable for. Me request for exemption and explanation went ignored, Patsy is copied on everything and is the responsible party. Somebody better shale and wake her because she is going to OWN the idiocy of what is going on.

They also couldnt manage to get me the records for all the incidents to which we had to call out for Regional Assets... Gee I wonder why. All they are doing is pissing me off. Another example this week, I am also seeking the PD Roster so I can share to the public just how many holes their are in the organization.. I got it in PDF (26 open positions/27 once Pelfrey gets put to pasture)

Please note I was in to pick up another request.. they found all of Cookies incident reports but cant find the Regional Asset calls.. Gee there must be tons and tons of them... or NOT and we dont want to see that we are asking so a $200K golden boyz toy to add to Captain M SRT when he settles back to his regular position.. nothing self serving going on here.

(Im not sure if Trish is new and making poor assumptions or what, but someone better whisper in her ear to stop screwing around passing half ass tales as if I am some dipshit that believed blindly as I did 4 years ago.. Im a whole lot wiser and a damn sight stronger than I was when Joe was in and out of crisis.)

========================================

From: City Watch North Port Fl <CityWatchNorthPortFL@outlook.com>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 6:01:32 PM
To: Trish Lynch
Cc: Records; Patsy Adkins; Christopher Morales; Commissioners
Subject: RE: NPPD Current Staffing

That can not be the case Trish. You provided a PDF, one does not enter data into a PDF. If she did it on her computer then I want the NATIVE format of the spreadsheet as it provided by FSS 119 (2)(a)(b). I know Ms Ayres uses Excel. She has provided me reports in xls format in the past. Please provide the public record in the format requested. If she is NOT using excel. I want to know what software she is using to maintain this information. Otherwise. Produce the file.

I will also remind you that I am a taxpayer and member of the public. For your to abdicate your responsibility to produce the PUBLIC record and suggest I recreate the public record you are failing to produce because “it is easier”… well at best, this is lousy unacceptable customer service and at worst, intentional frustration of a process that you are paid to do and bound to do by FSS 119.

Commissioners: This is yet ANOTHER example of a very simple Public Record request that we are spinning needless time and energy on. Why? There was no cost associated to me so the task was 15 minutes or less. Yet clearly we I know I have a several outstanding record requests that staff has not yet completed. Yet here we are 4 days later playing ping pong when in the end, I am entitled to receive by law. How much time have we ALL wasted on a 15 minute request? And yt, 4 days late then a 3 day holiday… so at a minimum, we are talking 7 days for a quick request.. and you want to blame the requesters for the waste of resources??

Have a nice holiday weekend,
S

Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 4:56:46 PM
To: City Watch North Port Fl
Cc: Records; Patsy Adkins; Christopher Morales

This is the format it is in. It might be easier for you to create your own Excel spreadsheet and enter the information I have given to you.

There is no software used to track the information. It was created by the Chief’s Business manager on her computer.

Trish Lynch
Records Supervisor
North Port Police Department
4980 City Hall Boulevard
North Port, Florida 34286
Office: 941-429-7314
Fax 941-429-7391
tlynch@northportpd.com
www.cityofnorthport.com (https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cityofnorthport.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7CJCAMPBEL%40scgov.net%7Cc9dadddc432b 4cdf162108d589e6ea05%7C9ac90fa4ea4648d79114bbf2fc5 54d0e%7C0%7C0%7C636566547224496680&sdata=A19UDzS%2B%2FzguJc7tOWEaGUjQ2JSaXeH2gA%2BUHs hysUc%3D&reserved=0)

From: City Watch North Port Fl [mailto:CityWatchNorthPortFL@outlook.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 12:17 PM
To: Trish Lynch <tlynch@northportpd.com>
Cc: Records <Records@northportpd.com>; Patsy Adkins <padkins@cityofnorthport.com>; Christopher Morales <cmorales@northportpd.com>

Last time I requested this list, it was provided to me in XLS format. Perhaps this has changed, it seems like the pdf has more comprehensive information but clearly in in some system database somewhere. So please check back with IT and see if they cannot export to a cvs file so I can import it to excel. If that is not an option, please provide what non-pdf formats are available. Also, what is the software system using to track this information?

Have a great holiday weekend Trish

Thank you

Unregistered
05-29-2018, 06:21 PM
Maybe Stephanie this is exactly why we dont have the names of the final police chief candidates. They cant figure out of to put it on a spread sheet. 5, 6, 7, names is difficult to put on paper.

No they are clearly not happy with me this week. Screwing around with my PRRs may be momentarily frustrating for me.. in the end, they had statutory obligations that they can and will be held accountable for. Me request for exemption and explanation went ignored, Patsy is copied on everything and is the responsible party. Somebody better shale and wake her because she is going to OWN the idiocy of what is going on.

They also couldnt manage to get me the records for all the incidents to which we had to call out for Regional Assets... Gee I wonder why. All they are doing is pissing me off. Another example this week, I am also seeking the PD Roster so I can share to the public just how many holes their are in the organization.. I got it in PDF (26 open positions/27 once Pelfrey gets put to pasture)

Please note I was in to pick up another request.. they found all of Cookies incident reports but cant find the Regional Asset calls.. Gee there must be tons and tons of them... or NOT and we dont want to see that we are asking so a $200K golden boyz toy to add to Captain M SRT when he settles back to his regular position.. nothing self serving going on here.

(Im not sure if Trish is new and making poor assumptions or what, but someone better whisper in her ear to stop screwing around passing half ass tales as if I am some dipshit that believed blindly as I did 4 years ago.. Im a whole lot wiser and a damn sight stronger than I was when Joe was in and out of crisis.)

That can not be the case Trish. You provided a PDF, one does not enter data into a PDF. If she did it on her computer then I want the NATIVE format of the spreadsheet as it provided by FSS 119 (2)(a)(b). I know Ms Ayres uses Excel. She has provided me reports in xls format in the past. Please provide the public record in the format requested. If she is NOT using excel. I want to know what software she is using to maintain this information. Otherwise. Produce the file.

I will also remind you that I am a taxpayer and member of the public. For your to abdicate your responsibility to produce the PUBLIC record and suggest I recreate the public record you are failing to produce because “it is easier”… well at best, this is lousy unacceptable customer service and at worst, intentional frustration of a process that you are paid to do and bound to do by FSS 119.

Commissioners: This is yet ANOTHER example of a very simple Public Record request that we are spinning needless time and energy on. Why? There was no cost associated to me so the task was 15 minutes or less. Yet clearly we I know I have a several outstanding record requests that staff has not yet completed. Yet here we are 4 days later playing ping pong when in the end, I am entitled to receive by law. How much time have we ALL wasted on a 15 minute request? And yt, 4 days late then a 3 day holiday… so at a minimum, we are talking 7 days for a quick request.. and you want to blame the requesters for the waste of resources??

S

This is the format it is in. It might be easier for you to create your own Excel spreadsheet and enter the information I have given to you.

There is no software used to track the information. It was created by the Chief’s Business manager on her computer.

Trish Lynch
Records Supervisor
4980 City Hall Boulevard
Fax 941-429-7391
tlynch@northportpd.com
www.cityofnorthport.com (https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cityofnorthport.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7CJCAMPBEL%40scgov.net%7Cc9dadddc432b 4cdf162108d589e6ea05%7C9ac90fa4ea4648d79114bbf2fc5 54d0e%7C0%7C0%7C636566547224496680&sdata=A19UDzS%2B%2FzguJc7tOWEaGUjQ2JSaXeH2gA%2BUHs hysUc%3D&reserved=0)

Cc: Records <Records@northportpd.com>; Patsy Adkins <padkins@cityofnorthport.com>; Christopher Morales <cmorales@northportpd.com>

Last time I requested this list, it was provided to me in XLS format. Perhaps this has changed, it seems like the pdf has more comprehensive information but clearly in in some system database somewhere. So please check back with IT and see if they cannot export to a cvs file so I can import it to excel. If that is not an option, please provide what non-pdf formats are available. Also, what is the software system using to track this information?

Thank you

Unregistered
05-29-2018, 07:23 PM

S

Trish Lynch
Records Supervisor
4980 City Hall Boulevard
Fax 941-429-7391
tlynch@northportpd.com

Thank you

Stephanie, you may want to look at Rick Fitzgerald the unannounced Captain of the civilians. Yes I said it Captain. Just a little rediculous. He is one of the driving forces of issues at the NPPD and he is in control of records.

Unregistered
05-29-2018, 07:43 PM
You should really call them and ask them if those review boards played a role in selecting their current chiefs. The answer is no moron. Both Cities mayors made the decision and didn't even consult the city council of either city. Learn what you are talking about before you post. You obviously have no clue.
I can go on on about this topic but I am arguing with a person who knows everything from North Port

CLEVELAND, Tenn. — The Cleveland City Council has picked Joe Fivas as its new city manager.

Janice Casteel, who had served as city manager since 2007, retired May 31 after a 42-year career working for Cleveland.

In all, 63 applicants responded to a nationwide search conducted by The Mercer Group and submitted to a vetting process conducted by a citizen advisory committee appointed by the City Council. The council interviewed four finalists in early June.

Unregistered
05-29-2018, 08:39 PM
File a Complaint with Florida Accreditation

Directive
:
PROVIDING RECORDS TO THE
PUBLIC
Number
:
FAO.
Date Issued:
February
, 2017
Effective Date:
M
arch 1
, 2017
Date Revised:
www.flaccreditation.org
FAO.1003

Providing Records to the Public
Page
of
Scope:
This directive applies to all Florida Accreditation Office (FAO) staff. FAO staff will
ensure records are provided to the public in compliance with Florida Statutes.
Definitions
:
1. Actual
Cost of Duplication
- the cost of materials and
supplies
used to duplicate
the record, not including labor or overhead costs associated with such
duplication.
2. Public
Record
- all documents, papers, letters, tapes, photographs or any other
material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received by
either
Commission in connection with official business of the Commissions.
3. Special
Service
Charge
- a reasonable service charge assessed by the FAO
based on the cost actually incurred for the extensive use of information
technology resources and/or clerical or supervisory assistance, using the hourly
rate of pay (or overtime rate of pay, if applicable) of personnel necessary for
fulfilling the request
4. Extensive Use –
any
public records request that requires more than 30 minutes
of FAO resource time to complete.
5. Exempt
Records
- records specifically exempt from mandatory public inspection
or made confidential by Florida Statutes
6. Confidential Information
– the
information in records identified in the Florida
Statutes as “confidential” is not subject to inspection by the public and may be
released only to the persons and entities designated by statute.
Policy
:
FAO and Commission records, except those designated by statute either confidential or
exempt, shall be available in any form and format used by the FAO, to all persons for
inspection or copying under the supervision of the
Executive Director
or designee during
normal business hours.
The widest possible access to existing public records is encouraged by making copies
of those records available for a fee not to exceed the actual cost of duplication unless a
FAO.1003

Page
of
different fee is otherwise authorized by Florida Law. If the nature or volume of public
records requested to be inspected, examined, or copied requires extensive use of
department resources, the additional costs to cover such extensive use of department
resources may be charged. Payment for all costs shall be made in advance.
Procedures
:
1. All public record requests shall be coordinated through the Executive Director of
the
FAO
. The FAO shall accept public record requests in any form and shall not
require requests be in writing. Anonymous requests will be accepted. The FAO
shall acknowledge receipt of all public record requests
promptly
and shall
respond to such requests in good faith.
Response to such requests will be
provided within the reasonable time necessary for the FAO to retrieve the
records sought and delete those portions the FAO asserts are confidential or
exempt.
2. The
Florida
Public Records Law allows the FAO to collect the actual cost of
material and supplies used to duplicate public records for requesters. The FAO
may also collect a special service charge in addition to actual costs/fees, when a
request for public records req
uires the extensive use of information technology
resources and/or clerical or supervisory assistance.
3. The following charges, fees and guidelines are designed to ensure that the FAO
is consistent in its application of rules which allow the recovery of actual and
extensive use costs.
a. Fees shall be as set forth herein or as allowed by law.
b. Public records must be open for inspection unless expressly provided by
law.
c. The FAO will not collect State of Florida sales tax on any sales of records
to the public.
d. All postage and/or other shipping charges incurred by the FAO will be
recovered from the requester.
e. A special service charge may be assessed when extensive use of FAO
resources is required to fulfill a request. Extensive use of FAO resources
is defined as more than 30
minutes of labor. Requests that involve an
extensive use of time, as outlined below, will be charged starting with the
time after the first
30 minutes if more than
minutes of labor is required.
The time shall be
rounded to the closest quart
er hour. Accurate accounts
of time worked must be documented for invoicing purposes.
f. When clerical and/or supervisory time is spent in the collection, inspection,
redaction or production of a public records request, a service charge for
labor should be applied by computing the actual cost of providing the
labor. The cost shall be the actual salary for the member performing the
work, including benefits.
g. All
confidential or
exempt records or information will be identified and
redacted or marked confidential
or exempt as appropriate, citing the
FAO.1003

Page
of
appropriate statutory provision.
Confidential and exempt records or
information must not be distributed to the public
h. When the records requested are in electronic form and the requester asks
that they be sent via email,
the records shall be sent by email. In such
case, the per
-page copying fee shall not be charged, but any statutory fee
levied on that particular type of record shall be charged. In addition, the
special service charge provided for in this section shall be
assessed if
applicable.
i. When the records requested are in electronic form and the requester asks
that they be provided on CD or DVD, the records shall be provided on CD
or DVD. In such case, the per
-page copying fee shall not be charged, but
the actual cost of the CD or DVD shall be charged along with any statutory
fee levied on that particular type of record. In addition, the special service
charge provided for in this section shall be assessed if applicable.
4. Fee Collection
a. When all allowable fees/charg
es applied to a particular public records
request can be calculated in advance, they should be collected prior to
investing significant technology resources and/or clerical or supervisory
resources.
b. FAO staff members
responding to routine requests for publ
ic records will
advise the requester of any applicable charges
verbally or by email
i. For requests
for which the
actual costs and special service charges
cannot be immediately determined, written estimates will be
provided. In such cases, the provider shall give an estimated cost
for producing the records and inform the requester that the actual
cost may vary.
ii. After collecting the estimated fees and completing the request, if
the actual fees are greater than the estimate, the balance must be
collected before the records are provided. If the actual fees are
less, a refund must be provided to the requester.
c. The charge for photocopies
will be .15
for
one sided copy, and an
additional .05
for
two sided copies.
d. Electronic records may be provided at no charge to the requestor, at the
discretion of the Executive Director.
e. All other charges shall be in accordance with statutory provisions and FAO
policy
f. All checks should be made payable to the
Florida Department of Law
Enforcement
(FDLE
).
5. Confidential and Exempt
Records
a. The FAO is responsible for protecting information defined as confidential
or as otherwise prohibited from public inspection or copying under the
Florida
Public Records Law. All exemptions to the Florida
Public Records
Law can be found in the Federal laws or Florida Statutes. Any exemption
FAO.1003

Page
of
in existence or hereafter enacted shall not be deemed waived or otherwise
void or unenforceable simply because it is not included in this list
b. The following standards and controls should be followed to prevent the
inadvertent or unauthorized release of confidential and exempt
information:
i. Confidential information shall be redacted from records prior to
public release or inspection of nonexempt portions.
ii. The FAO is responsible for informing the requester when reques
ts
cannot be filled due to an exemption which prevents disclosure.
Upon request, the provider must provide the basis for this
exemption and its statutory citation and must be in writing if
requested.
6. General Public Records Provisions
a. E-mail:
i. E-mail messages made or received by members in connection with
official business are public records. They are subject to disclosure
in the absence of an exemption. (AGO 96-
34)
ii. E-mail is subject to the statutory restrictions on destruction of public
records
iii. Personal
e-mail does not automatically become public record. The
content of personal e-
mail constitutes whether it is public record or
not.
b. The FAO does not record all messages sent or received by all State
-
issued or managed
devices
. These messages will be maintained and
produced as a public record pursuant to the
FDLE
’s established records
retention guidelines. Except in an emergency situation, such messages
should be used only for transitory messages such as meeting reminders
or agency announcements that are not intended to formalize or perpetuate
knowledge or set policy or procedures.
c. Electronic communications of any kind that address official public
business, even if communicated over a personal device, are subject to
disclosure as a public record.

Stephanie Gibson
05-29-2018, 10:28 PM
It never occurred to me that the Florida Accreditation has a complaint process. Very good to know.

Thank you.

Stephanie Gibson
05-29-2018, 10:30 PM
I have posted the narrowed set of Chief applicants.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northportcityconcerns/files/

Stephanie Gibson
05-31-2018, 05:49 PM
Stephanie, you may want to look at Rick Fitzgerald the unannounced Captain of the civilians. Yes I said it Captain. Just a little rediculous. He is one of the driving forces of issues at the NPPD and he is in control of records.

My interactions with Rick when he was records supervisor were excellent. He was professional and responsive. My PRR woes began after he was promoted to Commander. Are you certain he has rank of Captain? He went from records Supervisor to Commander to Captain in just over 2 years? Is that possible? THought that was a sworn position?

I hope you are wrong about Rick but the issue I am having is the exact opposite of service provided by Rick. He is ultimately accountable and he is on the email exchanges so customer service ball is in his court.

I received a PD Roster this week. Rick is listed as a Civilian Commander.

Unregistered
06-01-2018, 01:22 AM
Stephanie I would like to thank you for pushing so hard to get the information, knowing it was public record. I assume From the post you may be a citizen, not a LEO but we must hold the department's accountable for transparency. Although I did not make it to the finalist, I wish continue success in find g the right person to fill the position. After thirty year I was willing to give another 10 years to make an agency on the edge from being great ; to one that other department strive to be. I mentioned in my questionair that we need to allow our lower level troops to grow. And although mistakes will be made, we need the mistakes to help continued growth form the department. Basically get I. Front of the mistakes and learn from them. Mentor our newer officer to be the next leaders of the department, let them make decisions and learn from those decisions that turn out to be the wrong choice. This will build the future of your department. I wish you and your community blessing in the years to come , and make the North Port community a part of your growth. Once the office know that their well being is a priority the positive interaction will reach the coomunity and the North Port Community will continue to get stronger. Good luck and thank from whet you do.