PDA

View Full Version : Chitwood - Firearms qualifications

Unregistered
03-30-2018, 01:41 AM
A little research indicates that a certain Sheriff we know and love (AKA Chitty, Media Mike) is not the only Sheriff that cannot qualify with his firearm.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/sf-sheriff-cant-carry-a-gun-because-he-failed-to-qualify-at-the-range/

https://flaglerlive.com/69102/manfre-gun-certification/

Unregistered
03-30-2018, 01:44 AM
From one of the articles:

I don’t know specifically what the SF Sheriff’s Department requirements are, but typically local law enforcement handgun qualification tests are unchallenging. Basically you just have to get rounds on target from a standing position at a variety of distances between 3 and 25 yards. It’s something that anyone who has ever fired a handgun could achieve. The fact that Mirkarimi failed is pretty pathetic.
But hang on; this story has some conspiracy to go along with it. A sergeant that oversaw the range where Mirkarimi failed was mysteriously transferred after failing to qualify the Sheriff and pointing out that his domestic violence conviction should still keep him from carrying a gun. Even after a conviction has been expunged in California, a domestic abuser still may not own or possess a gun. Sgt. Matt Haskell was transferred from the sweet post at the gun range to a shitty one at the jail after standing in the, “the way of Mirkarimi’s being granted permission to carry a gun.”

Last year there was a massive reorganization of the VCSO Training department. Also the assistant range master resigned. Is there a VCSO Conspiracy?

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 03:56 PM
From one of the articles:

I don’t know specifically what the SF Sheriff’s Department requirements are, but typically local law enforcement handgun qualification tests are unchallenging. Basically you just have to get rounds on target from a standing position at a variety of distances between 3 and 25 yards. It’s something that anyone who has ever fired a handgun could achieve. The fact that Mirkarimi failed is pretty pathetic.
But hang on; this story has some conspiracy to go along with it. A sergeant that oversaw the range where Mirkarimi failed was mysteriously transferred after failing to qualify the Sheriff and pointing out that his domestic violence conviction should still keep him from carrying a gun. Even after a conviction has been expunged in California, a domestic abuser still may not own or possess a gun. Sgt. Matt Haskell was transferred from the sweet post at the gun range to a shitty one at the jail after standing in the, “the way of Mirkarimi’s being granted permission to carry a gun.”

Last year there was a massive reorganization of the VCSO Training department. Also the assistant range master resigned. Is there a VCSO Conspiracy?

There was a massive reorganization of the entire department, not just Training. Funny how you twist things Kyle.

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 04:09 PM
There was a massive reorganization of the entire department, not just Training. Funny how you twist things Kyle.

Not twisted at all. Just facts. Such as:
- Chitty did not qualify with his firearm
- the training department had a massive reorganization
- And if as you say the entire VCSO had a massive reorganization it led to: (1) a mass exodus of deputies (2) Chitty being forced to hire the GS4 company for courthouse security. The same company that numerous other Sheriffs fired due to the issues with this company hiring Mateen (the pulse night club murderer).

Hope these facts help. As Chitty said to Judge Will, "Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Not twisted at all. Just facts. Such as:
- Chitty did not qualify with his firearm
- the training department had a massive reorganization
- And if as you say the entire VCSO had a massive reorganization it led to: (1) a mass exodus of deputies (2) Chitty being forced to hire the GS4 company for courthouse security. The same company that numerous other Sheriffs fired due to the issues with this company hiring Mateen (the pulse night club murderer).

Hope these facts help. As Chitty said to Judge Will, "Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

What does the fact that Mateen worked for G4S have to do with anything? We've had our share of misfits at this agency as well. That doesn't make us all bad. One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. And he wasn't "forced" to hire anyone. Though it was an attempt to put a band-aid over the shortage, there was no forcing. But, as always, you have to put your spin on things to attempt to make your point.

Again, you're pointing a finger at G4S. They are a HUGE company. Because Mateen worked there is a senseless argument. But, if that's the best you've got, I guess we can see why you're using it.

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 08:38 PM
What does the fact that Mateen worked for G4S have to do with anything? We've had our share of misfits at this agency as well. That doesn't make us all bad. One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. And he wasn't "forced" to hire anyone. Though it was an attempt to put a band-aid over the shortage, there was no forcing. But, as always, you have to put your spin on things to attempt to make your point.

Again, you're pointing a finger at G4S. They are a HUGE company. Because Mateen worked there is a senseless argument. But, if that's the best you've got, I guess we can see why you're using it.

I am pointing a finger at GS4. I am pointing the finger at the Sheriff of Volusia County (Mike "Chitty" Chitwood). The Sheriffs of Indian River County and St Lucie County fired this company after the Pulse night club incident. Shortly thereafter the Sheriff of Volusia County (Chitty) hired this company. What does that say about his judgement? It is not the best I got. It is the best that Chitty has. Poor judgement. And I always qualify with my firearm...Can your hero Chitty Say the same thing?

Enjoy this article....

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/2017/06/07/treasure-coast/350343001/

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 09:09 PM

If Chitwood was not such a total LOSER as a Sheriff and as a Leader there would be three different things:

- there would not have been the mass exodus of deputies
- He would be able to qualify with this firearm
- He would never have been FORCED to hire GS4 due to the mass exodus of deputies under his leadership.

And as an added bonus:
- it would not have been necessary for SWAT to save him on the call from last year and he would not have told the SWAT team to not discuss the incident.

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 11:08 PM
If Chitwood was not such a total LOSER as a Sheriff and as a Leader there would be three different things:

- there would not have been the mass exodus of deputies
- He would be able to qualify with this firearm
- He would never have been FORCED to hire GS4 due to the mass exodus of deputies under his leadership.

And as an added bonus:
- it would not have been necessary for SWAT to save him on the call from last year and he would not have told the SWAT team to not discuss the incident.

Actually Kyle, there was already a shortage within the department before worthless Ben left. A "mass exodus" is also a stretch. But that's okay Powell, we're used to your rhetoric.

Unregistered
03-31-2018, 11:21 PM
Actually Kyle, there was already a shortage within the department before worthless Ben left. A "mass exodus" is also a stretch. But that's okay Powell, we're used to your rhetoric.

You can go print this out and bring it to the fourth floor on Monday and show Chitty and his staff what a real team player you are. And at least with Ben you did not have to worry about:
- his qualifying with a firearm
- his violating his own department policy manual
- his documented lying
- his POOR leadership

Unregistered
04-01-2018, 12:17 AM
You can go print this out and bring it to the fourth floor on Monday and show Chitty and his staff what a real team player you are. And at least with Ben you did not have to worry about:
- his qualifying with a firearm
- his violating his own department policy manual
- his documented lying
- his POOR leadership

And don't forget that Ben did not have to be saved by SWAT and then did not order the SWAT team to take a vow of silence.

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 01:54 AM
And don't forget that Ben did not have to be saved by SWAT and then did not order the SWAT team to take a vow of silence.

Ben had a ton of issues himself. You sure are an angry person. Could it be that you are no longer on the road because you can't handle it?

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 02:58 AM
Ben had a ton of issues himself. You sure are an angry person. Could it be that you are no longer on the road because you can't handle it?

It is not about me. As with the hundreds of other sites on this most wonderful site it allows a person to vent about leaders, issues, co workers, etc without getting in trouble. I am happy to bring light to the serious issues involving Chitty. If you want to be praise him you can go to his personal facebook page, the VCSO page or go make a trip to the fourth floor.

With regards to the issues involving Ben...you are right. He did have some issues. But the funny thing was that he was the type of person that acknowledged them. He tried to learn from them. I do not see that type of leadership in Chitty. That is why there are numerous individuals posting comments about him here. That is why there were numerous super deputies that left the VCSO.

I will continue to post on this site about the leadership issues involving Chitty, as will others. Just like others can go to the VCSO page and say what a great guy he is.....even though he lies, has a funny habit of firing people for doing the same policy violations he does, cannot qualify with a firearm, has to be saved by SWAT, loves illegal immigrants more that the citizens of Volusia, "hired" Janelle human for a ridiculous wage, lied about the bicycle and traffic incident, hired the GS4 company (when other Sheriffs fired them), promotes and discipline at uneven and unfair levels, the list is endless and grows every day.....

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 03:11 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2877593]Ben had a ton of issues himself. You sure are an angry person. Could it be that you are no longer on the road because you can't handle it?[/QUOTE

For what it is worth Ben always acknowledged his issues and did not hide from them. Chitwood does not seem to do that. I am not angry

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2877593]Ben had a ton of issues himself. You sure are an angry person. Could it be that you are no longer on the road because you can't handle it?[/QUOTE

For what it is worth Ben always acknowledged his issues and did not hide from them. Chitwood does not seem to do that. I am not angry

But he's right. That's why you're not on the road. Haha.

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 11:54 AM
I am not the only one who posts the truth on here. There appears to be one or two that are continuously backing up Chitwood. I think those two would be much happier posting on the VCSO page or Chitwood's page. It is sad they do it. and we ALL wear green. And we ALL know Chitwood is a disgrace, a liar and a joke.

Unregistered
04-02-2018, 10:07 PM
I am not the only one who posts the truth on here. There appears to be one or two that are continuously backing up Chitwood. I think those two would be much happier posting on the VCSO page or Chitwood's page. It is sad they do it. and we ALL wear green. And we ALL know Chitwood is a disgrace, a liar and a joke.

I'm sure they're quite happy posting here. It's not sad at all. Just say it. And yes, we do all wear green. But we are aren't equal. Many do a great job and some don't. Those that don't need to be dealt with. You're only fear is having to go back to the road and not keeping your M-F job. It's okay, we all wear green and should expect to work the road. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing anyway?

Unregistered
04-05-2018, 08:04 PM
It is not about me. As with the hundreds of other sites on this most wonderful site it allows a person to vent about leaders, issues, co workers, etc without getting in trouble. I am happy to bring light to the serious issues involving Chitty. If you want to be praise him you can go to his personal facebook page, the VCSO page or go make a trip to the fourth floor.

With regards to the issues involving Ben...you are right. He did have some issues. But the funny thing was that he was the type of person that acknowledged them. He tried to learn from them. I do not see that type of leadership in Chitty. That is why there are numerous individuals posting comments about him here. That is why there were numerous super deputies that left the VCSO.

I will continue to post on this site about the leadership issues involving Chitty, as will others. Just like others can go to the VCSO page and say what a great guy he is.....even though he lies, has a funny habit of firing people for doing the same policy violations he does, cannot qualify with a firearm, has to be saved by SWAT, loves illegal immigrants more that the citizens of Volusia, "hired" Janelle human for a ridiculous wage, lied about the bicycle and traffic incident, hired the GS4 company (when other Sheriffs fired them), promotes and discipline at uneven and unfair levels, the list is endless and grows every day.....

Best post yet!!!!!!

Unregistered
09-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Mike "Barney" Chitwood???