PDA

View Full Version : John Szabo

Unregistered
09-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Yet another good deputy in trouble for really nothing. Just exercising his first amendment rights. He only expressed a point of view that was critical of the decision making process of superiors. Seems like another good deputy getting ready to leave...joining the 43 (which seems like a real low number) that have left since Chitwood took office.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20170928/social-media-post-puts-volusia-deputy-on-leave-and-under-investigation

My opinion...Szabo is getting screwed. And it further should be a warning to others....be careful of what you say or think in the VCSO. There are bosses with thin skin (Chitwood, Morgan, Creamer, et al) and they do not like the first amendment.

Unregistered
09-29-2017, 10:27 PM
It appears that Sheriff Chitwood fired John Szabo today (according to the News Journal). That is such an injustice. Szabo was a good deputy who performed well during his tenure. Chitwood is further showing what a poor leader he is. There has already been a mass exodus of deputies. With actions like this I am sure more will be on the way.

Unregistered
10-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Yet another good deputy in trouble for really nothing. Just exercising his first amendment rights. He only expressed a point of view that was critical of the decision making process of superiors. Seems like another good deputy getting ready to leave...joining the 43 (which seems like a real low number) that have left since Chitwood took office.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20170928/social-media-post-puts-volusia-deputy-on-leave-and-under-investigation

My opinion...Szabo is getting screwed. And it further should be a warning to others....be careful of what you say or think in the VCSO. There are bosses with thin skin (Chitwood, Morgan, Creamer, et al) and they do not like the first amendment.

"Just exercising his first amendment rights." Come on guys, we don't have the right to say whatever we want when we work for the government. I won't get into the debate about Szabo, but the facts are that we can't just say whatever we want and then use the "First Amendment" excuse.

I do agree that this administration is ruling with an iron fist. We have seen this before under a different regime. Be careful what you say in public and careful what you memorialize in writing. It will haunt you. And for you folks on Facebook, you are foolish with some of the things you are posting. Don't think some of your postings won't come up when you are on the witness stand one day!

Unregistered
10-01-2017, 09:50 PM
I have a feeling that Brodie will be able to get Szabo's job back. I have faith in him and the union!!

Unregistered
10-01-2017, 11:48 PM
"Just exercising his first amendment rights." Come on guys, we don't have the right to say whatever we want when we work for the government. I won't get into the debate about Szabo, but the facts are that we can't just say whatever we want and then use the "First Amendment" excuse.

I do agree that this administration is ruling with an iron fist. We have seen this before under a different regime. Be careful what you say in public and careful what you memorialize in writing. It will haunt you. And for you folks on Facebook, you are foolish with some of the things you are posting. Don't think some of your postings won't come up when you are on the witness stand one day!

That is some good advice about being careful about posting on facebook and ending up on the witness stand. The only problem is that the Sheriff has fired the folks that have posted on facebook so they do not have to worry about any witness stands.

Unregistered
10-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Prior to szabo's post and subsequent firing, I heard from more than one source that he planned on resigning within days. I'm sure that bit of news was handed up to the Sheriff from beneath his desk. If that was true, then Szabo probably made the post thinking screw it, I'll speak my mind because I will be gone before they can do anything.

The thing is, what takes a good, productive deputy and turns him into a disgruntled deputy ready to quit? The real screwing of Szabo came when he was kicked over to courthouse transport for the "rolling roadblock" and littering incidents. I find it amusing that there is a video of the sheriff attempting the same maneuver with much less skill and precision (he basically pit maneuvered himself). I'm sure Szabo started looking for other opportunities shortly after the original screwing.

Here's how he really ended up fired. He was leaving disgruntled after being screwed for doing his job. He figured he was leaving so it didn't matter if he shared his opinions. The sheriff, being a narcissist of the highest order with a fragile ego, was pissed off when he saw the post. Anything short of complete blind support tends to bruise the sheriff's fragile ego. So the sheriff decided to bless us with his version of a childish temper tantrum. To satisfy his poor pathetic wounded psyche, he fired Szabo before he could quit.

Unregistered
10-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Here's the video of Chitwood's PIT. What a tool.

https://youtu.be/sHrKW8CObwU

Unregistered
10-04-2017, 09:26 PM
https://youtu.be/kewny8m9cEY

Saw this video beneath the other. Thought it was strange seeing as he doesn't carry a gun while doing law enforcement.

Unregistered
10-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Wow. I had forgotten about the firearm at OIA. And I did not hear of the PIT maneuver. He is such a tool. Besides destroying morale he has made some really poor decisions and actions. To include:
- the SWAT call this year where he had to be saved by the SWAT team (it was on VCSO exposed before he and his lackeys shut it down)
- His relationship with Janelle Homan
- His bicycle incident (not the crash...that was unfortunate) but where he did not strap the bicycle onto his department issued vehicle and lied about it after the crashed into three vehicles on I95
- his not being able to pass the stress shoot
- not wearing body armor, a BWC or other department issued equipment (from the "I will never ask a deputy to do anything I wouldn't do" campaign promiser")
- decisions involving having a study involving lethal force (when you already have IA, FDLE and the State Attorney investigate it)
- his personnel decisions (to include chiefs, transfers, demotions, etc)

This is quite the list...there is so much more. I need to go take an aspirin. As long as you sing his praises and tell him he is God's gift to law enforcement you are safe (and will be getting promoted or praised)

Unregistered
10-05-2017, 01:06 PM

Maybe you should take 3 seconds out of your day and research before saying something dumb. The post was on a secret/private page for the Union. It is protected speech. It was not ever “public”. Not Szabo’s fault some coward snitch had to backstab him and screenshot it and sent it to the sheriff

Unregistered
10-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Wow. I had forgotten about the firearm at OIA. And I did not hear of the PIT maneuver. He is such a tool. Besides destroying morale he has made some really poor decisions and actions. To include:
- the SWAT call this year where he had to be saved by the SWAT team (it was on VCSO exposed before he and his lackeys shut it down)
- His relationship with Janelle Homan
- His bicycle incident (not the crash...that was unfortunate) but where he did not strap the bicycle onto his department issued vehicle and lied about it after the crashed into three vehicles on I95
- his not being able to pass the stress shoot
- not wearing body armor, a BWC or other department issued equipment (from the "I will never ask a deputy to do anything I wouldn't do" campaign promiser")
- decisions involving having a study involving lethal force (when you already have IA, FDLE and the State Attorney investigate it)
- his personnel decisions (to include chiefs, transfers, demotions, etc)

This is quite the list...there is so much more. I need to go take an aspirin. As long as you sing his praises and tell him he is God's gift to law enforcement you are safe (and will be getting promoted or praised)

Here's a few more. Admittedly, I did not witness these (aside from seeing him on the news), but if even half of it is true...:
- Murder in the City of Deland. The sheriff finds the suspect vehicle parked at a house (nice job). Then he goes inside alone (did he get consent???) and pulls out a suspect and brings him to the end of the driveway. Mysteriously, news vans show up almost immediately.
- Deputy involved shooting in Deland. The Sheriff walks up to the dead guy, moves his head so he can see his face and then says nope. Don't know him.
- Every Deputy involved shooting since he took office. He rushes to the scene to get BWC video, review it, and regurgitate it to the media. All in violation of department policy and the wishes of FDLE. Response, "**** FDLE." How would you like to be the deputy that just shot someone and your sheriff is pissing off the people investigating you.

If this guy was a recruit, he would have been fired long ago for the stuff he does...

Unregistered
10-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Here's a few more. Admittedly, I did not witness these (aside from seeing him on the news), but if even half of it is true...:
- Murder in the City of Deland. The sheriff finds the suspect vehicle parked at a house (nice job). Then he goes inside alone (did he get consent???) and pulls out a suspect and brings him to the end of the driveway. Mysteriously, news vans show up almost immediately.
- Deputy involved shooting in Deland. The Sheriff walks up to the dead guy, moves his head so he can see his face and then says nope. Don't know him.
- Every Deputy involved shooting since he took office. He rushes to the scene to get BWC video, review it, and regurgitate it to the media. All in violation of department policy and the wishes of FDLE. Response, "**** FDLE." How would you like to be the deputy that just shot someone and your sheriff is pissing off the people investigating you.

If this guy was a recruit, he would have been fired long ago for the stuff he does...

But he has a well paid PR Staff (PIO and Janelle Homan) and a bunch of suck ups who will say anything and do anything for him. People are slowly starting to see through him. All it took was over 50 deputies to leave in the last couple of months, people expressing legitimate concerns on social media and the truth coming out.

Unregistered
10-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Maybe you should take 3 seconds out of your day and research before saying something dumb. The post was on a secret/private page for the Union. It is protected speech. It was not ever “public”. Not Szabo’s fault some coward snitch had to backstab him and screenshot it and sent it to the sheriff

That is why Brodie and the Union are going to get Szabo his job back or get a very nice financial settlement from the County (like what happened with Heather Post a couple of years ago)....or both of the above. And then there will be additional media coverage of the Sheriff....which is oxygen to him. Too bad the media coverage will paint him in a not very positive way. That is when the PIO and Janelle will come to the rescue.

Unregistered
10-05-2017, 11:27 PM
I forgot this classic Chitwood. Remember a couple of months ago he told a group in the northwest part of the County to call 911 if they did not like that they were being pulled over on a traffic stop. Not to call 911 if there were safety issues. But to call 911 if they felt the traffic stop was not justified. Which I thought was wrong on a couple of reasons. One it appears to be a violation of the abuse of the 911 system. Two it appears to undermine the ability of his deputies to effectively do their job. Three....just poor leadership and pandering to public (and media).

Unregistered
10-18-2017, 03:30 AM

Listen stupid, you can call it a "Private page" all you want. We are also the public. We can't say whatever we want when we work for the county. Based on your moronic statement, we can go on that very same page and threaten the president. Um, no we can't. He isn't the first deputy to lose his job for being vocal and he won't be the last. I know he won't, but if he did attempt to fight the dismissal, he'd lose all day long. It's a sad state of affairs that we can't just say what we want, but it's a reality. Hence the same reason we ALL post on here anonymously.

Unregistered
10-18-2017, 03:38 AM
Listen stupid, you can call it a "Private page" all you want. We are also the public. We can't say whatever we want when we work for the county. Based on your moronic statement, we can go on that very same page and threaten the president. Um, no we can't. He isn't the first deputy to lose his job for being vocal and he won't be the last. I know he won't, but if he did attempt to fight the dismissal, he'd lose all day long. It's a sad state of affairs that we can't just say what we want, but it's a reality. Hence the same reason we ALL post on here anonymously.

This took me all of 20 seconds to find. "Private" or not, it won't make a difference.

https://www.icaew.com/library/subject-gateways/law/legal-alert/2017-03/case-law-employers-can-dismiss-employees-for-derogatory-online-comments

Unregistered
10-18-2017, 12:52 PM
This took me all of 20 seconds to find. "Private" or not, it won't make a difference.

https://www.icaew.com/library/subject-gateways/law/legal-alert/2017-03/case-law-employers-can-dismiss-employees-for-derogatory-online-comments

There is no need for name calling. This was an injustice. And this issue is not over with yet. The conduct of Sheriff Chitwood would seem to be similar to Szabo. But Chitwood is not getting fired for the vulgar comments about the policies of the county or Dinneen (which Dinneen deserves).

And Szabo according to the Union website will have the support of he union. And there appears to be more and more cases involving social media where folks are able to get jobs back.

http://www.employerlawreport.com/2013/09/articles/social-media-2/one-facebook-firing-case-two-terminations-nlrb-finds-only-one-unlawful-and-notes-how-it-treats-malicious-and-untrue-posts/

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 03:00 PM
There is no need for name calling. This was an injustice. And this issue is not over with yet. The conduct of Sheriff Chitwood would seem to be similar to Szabo. But Chitwood is not getting fired for the vulgar comments about the policies of the county or Dinneen (which Dinneen deserves).

And Szabo according to the Union website will have the support of he union. And there appears to be more and more cases involving social media where folks are able to get jobs back.

http://www.employerlawreport.com/2013/09/articles/social-media-2/one-facebook-firing-case-two-terminations-nlrb-finds-only-one-unlawful-and-notes-how-it-treats-malicious-and-untrue-posts/

so? When is he coming back? Has he had his review board yet?

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 04:38 PM
so? When is he coming back? Has he had his review board yet?

If I was him I would not come back. The target on his back would be huge (even though the Sheriff probably could not hit it since he cannot qualify with his pistol).

But I would do like Heather Post did and just get a financial settlement. Why would anybody want to work with Chitwood now?

Unregistered
06-18-2021, 09:34 AM

As Alvin wake up from a restful night sleeping and fooling around with his mother here is another retro disgrace who couldn’t make rank. Johnny wasn’t smart enough to realize the constitution and cannot keep you out of hot water. He’s also not smart enough to this day to find a real job.

Unregistered
06-18-2021, 11:00 AM
As Alvin wake up from a restful night sleeping and fooling around with his mother here is another retro disgrace who couldn’t make rank. Johnny wasn’t smart enough to realize the constitution and cannot keep you out of hot water. He’s also not smart enough to this day to find a real job.

and Randy now responds to a post from three years ago to slam Szabo and Alvin.

So in keeping with the nonsense there is this.

Heather Post attacked and beat up her own mother (Dru Jean Frierson). Her own mother had to get an injunction against her.

Michelle Newman lied and committed adultery at the FBI academy.

Heather Post dreams of her love Mongoose (Alvin).

Heather Post-Mortimer approved this message.